PDA

View Full Version : Frozen Four Tonight

picknroll
04-08-2010, 03:41 PM
Good luck to the Miami hockey team, playing in the national semifinals vs. Boston College at Ford Field tonight. Game time is 8:30pm on ESPN2. Go RedHawks! :D

gladdenguy
04-08-2010, 07:10 PM
I guess I will be watching which means a loss.
Last year I turned it on up 3-1 in the championship game. We know the result.
Good Luck Redhawks.

nickgyp
04-08-2010, 08:00 PM
Watched the Miami loss to Boston U. last year. Up 3-1 with a minute to go.....over the years, I have seen many a heartbreaking, unbelievable sporting defeats and I'd rank that loss near the top and I am neither a hockey fan nor a Miami enthusiast. Go Redskins (er, Redhawks)!!!!

D-West & PO-Z
04-08-2010, 10:05 PM
BC scores 3 more goals in a min and 35 seconds, up 6-1. 5:37 secs to go.I don't even think Miami would be able to blow that kind of lead if they had it.

Michigan Muskie
04-09-2010, 12:08 AM
BC scores 3 more goals in a min and 35 seconds, up 6-1. 5:37 secs to go.I don't even think Miami would be able to blow that kind of lead if they had it.

Just got home from the game. B.C.'s 4th goal was really deflating and it seemed all of the energy Miami had entering the 3rd period transferred to the Eagles, who then peppered the net with goals without much resistance. Miami turned over the puck far too often and were penalized quite a bit in the early going which contributed to the 3-0 hole.

Being one of the best defensive teams in NCAA hockey, I did not expect this. BC looked faster and created more scoring opportunities. They are a solid team. Miami had another excellent season, but they can't get past the Boston Curse in the tournament...

Juice
04-09-2010, 08:50 AM
Do we dare say that Enrico Blasi is a choker?

Miami didn't get a shot off on its first two power plays. No team is going to beat anyone with excution like that.

Kahns Krazy
04-09-2010, 11:13 AM
Do we dare say that Enrico Blasi is a choker?

Miami didn't get a shot off on its first two power plays. No team is going to beat anyone with excution like that.

Yes, taking a team that had never won an NCAA tournament game before 2007 to five consecutive NCAA tournaments, four straight elite 8's and two consecutive final fours and a 7-4 record in the NCAA's in the last 4 years is choke city. That guy sucks eggs.

Blasi has been on the bench for all three of Miami's conference championships, including its first when he was a player in 1993. Miami has been in the CCHA for 29 years. Enrico has been on the team or the coach for 16 of those years. Without Blasi, they've finished better than 6th in the conference only 3 times (all between his playing and coaching days). With Blasi, they've beat that mark 11 times, with 3 conference championships and 4 runner ups.

Enrico Blasi is a freakin winner.