PDA

View Full Version : What is this Kevin Dillard Business About?

xudash
04-07-2010, 12:46 PM
Apparently, from MM, Chicago sports reporters are claiming a move for him to X:

"Rumblings among sports reporters are that former Mr. Illinois Basketball, Kevin Dillard from SIU, Has informed SIU Athletic Director Mario Moccia, that he will be transferring to Xavier."

The Salukis appear to be melting down, otherwise.

IHateDuke32
04-07-2010, 12:53 PM
New poster here. I introduced myself a little bit in a previous post, but for those who didn't read it I'll give a little intro again. I am a graduating senior at SIU, and I've applied to Xavier's MBA program where I will most likely attend if I'm accepted.

On that note, there have been rumors for months that players are leaving the SIU program, specifically Dillard and Anthony Booker. I am a big fan of Dillard's game. He shot worse this past year than he did his freshman season, but he is a servicable shooter. His defense is pretty average, but I would contribute that more towards effort and not ability. The main issue I always had with Dillard is his attitude. If something doesn't go his way, he is quick to pout about it. However, I think with a change in attitude he can be a very good player and would be a good get for Xavier. He is an assist-machine who can also score, and he was the MVC freshman of the year. We'll find out soon enough if this is all true

SixFig
04-07-2010, 12:55 PM
Maybe to St. Xavier University in Chicago.

PPG APG 3P% RPG BPG SPG
12.3 5 .320 3.1 0.1 1.1

xudash
04-07-2010, 12:57 PM
New poster here. I introduced myself a little bit in a previous post, but for those who didn't read it I'll give a little intro again. I am a graduating senior at SIU, and I've applied to Xavier's MBA program where I will most likely attend if I'm accepted.

On that note, there have been rumors for months that players are leaving the SIU program, specifically Dillard and Anthony Booker. I am a big fan of Dillard's game. He shot worse this past year than he did his freshman season, but he is a servicable shooter. His defense is pretty average, but I would contribute that more towards effort and not ability. The main issue I always had with Dillard is his attitude. If something doesn't go his way, he is quick to pout about it. However, I think with a change in attitude he can be a very good player and would be a good get for Xavier. He is an assist-machine who can also score, and he was the MVC freshman of the year. We'll find out soon enough if this is all true

Welcome to the board.

Thanks for the info.

And congratulations on your B-school choice. You'll be among the first to take advantage of the new building for a solid and growing MBA program.

SixFig
04-07-2010, 01:07 PM
Furthermore...where would this kid fit on the depth chart in 2011-2012 (when he would be eligible)?

PG
Holloway SR
Lyons JR
Davis FR

SG
Redford SR
Walsh JR
Wells FR

SF
Martin SO
Canty SO

Methinks there is a transfer or 2 in the works

More Cowbell
04-07-2010, 01:10 PM
I really hope we haven't picked up another point. With Holloway, Lyons and Davis in 2011, I feel like he might be a waste of a scholarship. But in Mack we trust.

More Cowbell
04-07-2010, 01:11 PM
I agree with everything sixfig just said, I just type a bit too slow.

SixFig
04-07-2010, 01:14 PM
Well this rumor has been floating around SIU for weeks according to this blog (http://pschmidt91.wordpress.com/2010/03/27/%E2%80%98rumors%E2%80%99-around-saluki-basketball/)

"Now the second ‘rumor’ that caught wind around the SIU campus was that point guard Kevin Dillard was going to transfer to Xavier in the Atlantic 10 conference. Xavier is a school known for its good basketball teams and they have reached the Sweet Sixteen in three straight seasons. This would leave SIU without a dominate ball handler and put freshman Kendal Brown-Surels in control of the team who has proven himself to be able to be relied on when Dillard was in foul trouble this season. For the past two seasons Dillard has led the Salukis in scoring and losing him would be tragic."

Xman95
04-07-2010, 01:22 PM
Furthermore...where would this kid fit on the depth chart in 2011-2012 (when he would be eligible)?

PG
Holloway SR
Davis FR
Dillard JR

SG
Lyons JR
Redford SR
Walsh JR

SF
Martin SO
Canty SO
Wells FR

Methinks there is a transfer or 2 in the works

Assuming no transfers, it could work out like that (changes to your post in bold). Of course, as you pointed out, there could be some transfers in the works. Not going to speculate on who those might be.

Xman95
04-07-2010, 01:25 PM
Also, I just checked his Rivals page and it looks like X was in on him before he decided on SIU. Lead recruiter? Yep, Chris Mack.

Kevin Dillard page (http://rivals.yahoo.com/kentucky/basketball/recruiting/player-Kevin-Dillard-50638)

X-Fan
04-07-2010, 01:32 PM
Also, I just checked his Rivals page and it looks like X was in on him before he decided on SIU. Lead recruiter? Yep, Chris Mack.

Kevin Dillard page (http://rivals.yahoo.com/kentucky/basketball/recruiting/player-Kevin-Dillard-50638)

Wow, good research. I'd rep you if I could, but I have to pass it around first.

Xman95
04-07-2010, 01:39 PM

Just don't forget!!:D

BandAid
04-07-2010, 01:44 PM
As it is we are currently -1 scholarships for next year, but Jordan going pro would bring us back to even.

So accepting a Dillard transfer would put us back at -1 right?

SixFig
04-07-2010, 01:46 PM
SIU is grabbing a JUCO point guard, Troy Long, which may factor in Dilliard's decison.

Story (http://www.thesouthern.com/sports/article_ce872e4e-4200-11df-992d-001cc4c03286.html)

I absolutely love how our backcourt is shaping up with or without Dilliard...I hope this potential move doesn't upset the apple cart too much.

GuyFawkes38
04-07-2010, 01:55 PM
I absolutely love how our backcourt is shaping up with or without Dilliard...I hope this potential move doesn't upset the apple cart too much.

I'm thinking the same thing. I'm not sure if we have a need for a 5 11 pg.

94GRAD
04-07-2010, 02:09 PM
My sources tell me he is not coming.

LyonsIsFlyin
04-07-2010, 02:10 PM

Rep'd him for ya.

I would really like the move honestly. Lyons is playing point right now out of neccesity if you ask me. Obviously Cheekz is ultra talented so not many even second guess him being point but, as SixFig with a little assistance from X-man showed, with Dillard we'd only have 3 pg's for one season and it gives Davis 2 whole season where he isn't heavily, heavily relied upon. I also think Dez will mostly play 2 as well, so with Dillard I think it'd let those 2 potentially awesome recruits grow into their own and not get their baptism by fire.

xufan02
04-07-2010, 02:16 PM
I think our recruiting efforts are landing better talent than Dillard. He would be a luxury recruit and would fill no real need. I hope 94Grad is right, and he is not in our plans.

xnatic03
04-07-2010, 03:14 PM
Yeah, the need is for another big (preferably a good C) for 2011 to fill out that class

boozehound
04-07-2010, 03:50 PM
Yeah, the need is for another big (preferably a good C) for 2011 to fill out that class

Maybe we can just recruit nothing but guards and play a 5 guard lineup?

Xman95
04-07-2010, 03:56 PM
Maybe we can just recruit nothing but guards and play a 5 guard lineup?

Hey, Dayton played without a center for at least the last four years!

awayfan
04-07-2010, 09:08 PM
but they are the only team to have a traffic cone in the starting line up

SlimKibbles
04-07-2010, 09:47 PM
Assuming no transfers, it could work out like that (changes to your post in bold). Of course, as you pointed out, there could be some transfers in the works. Not going to speculate on who those might be.

What a small group of SG's that would be...