PDA

View Full Version : Michigan is quietly having a pretty good signing day...

boozehound
02-06-2008, 03:31 PM
I know that there are 1 or 2 Michigan fans on here, and probably a lot of OSU fans, but Michigan is having a pretty decent signing day. They have snagged some pretty good recruits from Purdue, Penn State, and Florida. I was concerned that the coaching change may hurt their recruiting, but I doesn't really look like it has had a major effect. Next year should still be an interesting year, with a lot of young players running a totally new offense. I'm not really sure how it's going to work out.

XUglow
02-06-2008, 03:56 PM
Interesting. Looks like a good year for UM and for OSU (Both top 10). Saban has moved Alabama past ND in both Rivals and Scout.

boozehound
02-07-2008, 08:41 AM
It's going to be interesting to see what Alabama does next year. This year they probably won't be there quite yet, but by next year most of the guys will be Saban's recruits. The Tide could become a force to be reckoned with in the SEC.

PM Thor
02-07-2008, 08:45 AM
Best signing yesterday?

OSU gets a TE named Jake Stoneburner.

Stoneburner. Why can't I have a name like that?

Stoneburner.

spongebob
02-07-2008, 09:04 AM
Wouldn't jive with your occupation.

boozehound
02-07-2008, 09:23 AM
I saw that Stoneburner guy. Pretty awesome name for an athlete. Doesn't OSU have a linebacker signed named Storm something?

Lamont Sanford
02-07-2008, 09:29 AM
I believe his name is Storm Klein and he is an '09 recruit.

XUglow
02-07-2008, 09:55 AM
Bama was close last year, and I see them winning at least 10 games this year. Major Applewhite was a horrible offensive coordinator. The new guy from Fresno State should do much better. Saban will have his defense fully in place this year, and he is going to have very fast 5-star players at virtually every skill position on offense and defense.

Of course, it is the SEC. They have to knock heads with the likes of UGA, UF, LSU, Auburn, UT, and Arkansas week after week after week. I would place them as slight favorites in the West and slightly behind UGA and UF overall.

boozehound
02-07-2008, 10:29 AM
For some reason the fact that there is even a person name Major Applewhite really pisses me off. I don't know why, it just does.

DC Muskie
02-07-2008, 11:06 AM
Great job for Michigan. Say hello to never beating Ohio State fellas.

boozehound
02-07-2008, 11:50 AM
How soon we forget the Cooper years huh?

boozehound
02-07-2008, 11:50 AM
BTW...

That's a lot of confidence for a team that has yet to prove that they can beat the spread offense.

DC Muskie
02-07-2008, 12:19 PM
Yeah I forgot the Cooper years. They ended in 2001. We moved on.

OSU will be okay. That I'm certain of that.

The Artist
02-07-2008, 01:16 PM
BTW...

That's a lot of confidence for a team that has yet to prove that they can beat the spread offense.

Are you talking about Mich. or OSU? Or both.

boozehound
02-07-2008, 01:41 PM
I'm not too concerned about Michigan vs. the spread with Rodriguez as coach. I'm not so sure about OSU.

Either way, I love the OSU fan mentality that because they have beat Michigan for 4 years straight that Michigan is never going to beat OSU again. We Michigan fans thought the same thing during the 1990's when Michigan was spanking OSU on a pretty regular basis. It didn't last forever. Neither will OSU's current streak.

Stonebreaker
02-07-2008, 03:03 PM
RR is a scumbag. The other big 10/local teams are already taking a great dislike to him.

DC Muskie
02-07-2008, 03:37 PM
It might not last forever, but it's going to last until next November.

boozehound
02-07-2008, 03:44 PM
I would imagine so. I would be very surprised if RR comes in in his first year, with a bunch of young players, and beats and OSU team that went to the championship game last year and lost very few key players. It's possible, but it's not very likely. Your original comment alluded to the fact that Michigan's incoming recruits would never beat OSU. I simply disagreed, and pointed out that we Michigan fans thougth that we were going to win forever not that long ago. I would bet a lot of money (if I had it!) that Michigan will not go another 4 years without beating OSU.

XUglow
02-07-2008, 05:28 PM
I mean damn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7djgR4tDSg

xuirish
02-07-2008, 05:34 PM
Notre Dame snagged the #1 tight end, from Elder., Kyle Rudolph 6'7 240.

XU Dozer
02-07-2008, 06:50 PM
As a PSU fan I'm pissed at the Trotwood-Madison RB Shaw backing out and going to Michigan. I can understand it though since two of his teammates signed there too (the WR taken from Purdue being one of them). Though I wish all the recruits best in their college careers. My hope is Pryor will decide football just isn't the sport for him and sign a LOI with X. Barring that I hope he spurn both OSU and Michigan and goes to PSU!

DC Muskie
02-08-2008, 08:04 AM
Thanks for the thread recap booze. I was making a joke. You know something that is funny, like Mike Hart, Chad Henne and Jake Long never beating OSU.

boozehound
02-08-2008, 09:16 AM
It's just going to be that much sweeter when the pendulum swings the other way.

DC Muskie
02-08-2008, 09:45 AM
It's just going to be that much sweeter when the pendulum swings the other way.

Really, will they have a turn back the clock game and have those three guys play and spot them 21 points so they can win?

Please know I'm just having fun with you.

boozehound
02-08-2008, 10:04 AM
I know, I know.

But let me tell you for a minute how much it sucks being a Michigan fan in Cincinnati. Not fun. Particularly not for the last 4 years.

Also I think that Henne, Hart, and Long, really deserved to get a win against OSU. They are great football players, and to see them stick around for their senior year and have it go the way it did really sucks.

At least they did beat Florida in the Crapital 1 bowl, so that's something.

DC Muskie
02-08-2008, 12:09 PM
Being a Michigan fan anywhere would suck. Ha! ZINGER!!!

It was good of those guys to go out winners with Llyod. Congrats. Personally I think Richy Rich was a great hire.

boozehound
02-08-2008, 12:52 PM
I'm not sold on RR yet. I think he'll be a good coach, but I am a little worried we could end up with a bunch of Pacman's and Chris Henry's.

DC Muskie
02-08-2008, 01:07 PM
Only WVA ends up with the Pacman's and Chris Henry's. I wouldn't mind that, but I seriously doubt it will happen.

boozehound
02-08-2008, 01:10 PM
I believe that WVU's academic standards are pretty low compared to the Big Ten, which is probably why the Big Ten in general seems to have fewer morons running around playing football for them than most other conferences. Hopefully that will keep some of the cockroaches like Henry and Pacman out of Michigan, and the Big Ten in general.