PDA

View Full Version : Alesia Barringer Out

xavierdude
02-05-2008, 05:13 PM
Supposedly, Alesia broke her foot and is out for the season. I'm not sure if Xavier has made it public yet...but certainly a big deal for the ladies.

xu_fan
02-05-2008, 06:25 PM
Oh no!!!! Of course not a huge loss but nevertheless that hurts!

X-band '01
02-05-2008, 07:17 PM
Wrong. If she is indeed out of action, that is HUGE. Special Jennings is our only option at PG, and someone else (Jerri Taylor, maybe) is going to have to play the point for a few minutes at a time during the game.

I didn't see anything in the last game article; if this indeed turns out to be correct, I would imagine this happened during practice this week.

cinskyline
02-05-2008, 07:28 PM
Oh no! Bad news. I've been as critical of the PG's as anyone this year, but even I know that we can't afford to be without either AB or SJ. It's too bad too because AB was starting to play better. Looks like Tudy and Aly will see more playing time.

Get well soon, Alesia!

xu_fan
02-05-2008, 08:18 PM
Don't get me wrong it's def a loss but I'm really not sure it hurts that bad... Jerri has played some of the year at point this year anyways and honestly many times I felt as if we played better when she was at that spot.... I feel as if Jerri, Tudy, Amber, Mo, and Ta'Shia is the best combo anyway... I do understand that Jerri is not a natural point guard but I believe everything will work out fine... IDK maybe I'm waaaaaay wrong!

Bigbluebrotha
02-05-2008, 08:21 PM
Absolutely no evidence of that against Rhody on the weekend unless it happened in practice after the game.

Tough loss if it's true. AB good player who showed some signs of contibuting more heavily on offense. Still, she was creating with assists.

It'd be all on Special if this news is accurate.

spongebob
02-06-2008, 09:34 AM
Absolutely no evidence of that against Rhody on the weekend unless it happened in practice after the game.

Tough loss if it's true. AB good player who showed some signs of contibuting more heavily on offense. Still, she was creating with assists.

It'd be all on Special if this news is accurate.

I agree, that is a tough one. She did indeed seem to be coming on lately and the team certainly benefited. Will definitely shift the burden and hopefully SJ and the others can shoulder it. Biggest thing in my eyes is the change in the chemistry of the team. The early season was an adjustment period for most if not all of them. Now they have to make adjustments again midstream just when they were getting on a bit of a roll. Best to her for a full and speedy recovery.

xavierdude
02-06-2008, 10:21 PM
I just noticed...alesia went to the same high school as drew lavender. Never knew that.

XU '11
02-07-2008, 01:08 AM
I can verify. I had a class with her on Tuesday and she said she broke it at practice Monday. I believe she said she was having surgery on it that day (Tuesday).

Bigbluebrotha
02-07-2008, 05:04 PM
Thanks for the verification and that's sad news. As Sponge writes, just when they may have had some steady chemistry. We'll most likely see more the set where Jerri Taylor runs the point leaving Tudi Reed and Moe Hester on the wings. Might boost the outside threat a little, although JT is more than capable of bombing away.

Big game Saturday, team will need to rally around Special. On the upside, it's nice to have capable depth. First time in a long time...

cinskyline
02-08-2008, 09:27 PM
Well, here's the official announcement:

http://goxavier.cstv.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/020808aaa.html

It sounds like there's a small chance that she could be back at the end of the season. We'll see I guess.