PDA

View Full Version : Preview: Xavier vs. Saint Louis

Muskie
02-04-2008, 10:29 PM
http://www.xavierhoops.com/forums/images/logos/150/xu.gifhttp://www.xavierhoops.com/forums/images/logos/150/slu.gif

Xavier (18-4) vs. Saint Louis (12-9)
Scottrade Center (St. Louis, Missouri)
Thursday, February 7, 2008
9:00 p.m. EST on ESPN2 and heard on 700 WLW

The Setting:
The Musketeers travel to St. Louis to take on the Billikens at the Scottrade Center. Since SLU joined the A-10, Xavier is 0-2 in their last two trips to Saint Louis. This game will feature a "Blue" Out by the Billiken fans. SLU will also be handing out blue t-shirts to the non-conforming SLU fans.

Last Game:
On February 2, 2008 Xavier defeated La Salle 75-52 at the Cintas Center. CJ Anderson scored 16 points to lead the Musketeers. Meanwhile at the Scottrade Center, Saint Louis defeated UMASS 71-59. Tommie Liddell and Kevin Lisch each scored 16 points to leade SLU to victory.

Previous Meeting:
On February 7, 2007 Coach Brian Soderburg brough the Billikens to the Cintas Center. Xavier Senior Justin Doellman scored 24 points (3-3 from 3pt) to lead the Musketeers to a 76-57 victory.

Keys to the Game:
This will be Xavier's first look at the Rick Majerus coached Billikens in a building that has seen some of Xavier's worst shooting performances in recent memory. SLU has been very inconsistent this season, but has defended their home court successfully against Rhode Island and UMASS.

The X-Factor:
A strong start will go along way in this game. Xavier must come out hit their shots early, whether from behind the arc or in the paint. Xavier is likely to see some zone out of Majerus as well. Simply put, Xavier must continue to do the things well that have gotten them to 18-4.

Fireball
02-07-2008, 08:41 AM
I have to admit, I'm a little worried about this one. We haven't played well at St. Louis, and they have knocked off some good teams lately. I'm sure Coach Miller will point this out so they will not sneak up on us, but still...