PDA

View Full Version : Punch List for site improvement

Muskie
03-11-2010, 02:38 PM
Anything you'd like to see added? Fixed? Brought back? Eliminated?

94GRAD
03-11-2010, 02:48 PM
Everyone becoming a supporting member!

GuyFawkes38
03-11-2010, 03:04 PM
I would be in favor of less banning.

pickledpigsfeet
03-11-2010, 03:06 PM
the schedule updated!

JimmyTwoTimes37
03-11-2010, 03:10 PM
Uploading pictures easier from my hard drive along with albums.

Also Possible video attachment functions maybe?

I dunno Its pretty effin sweet the way it is

MADXSTER
03-11-2010, 03:11 PM
I'm in favor of banning GuyFawkes38 more often.

BBC 08
03-11-2010, 03:47 PM
I want to see who has repped me since I am a rep whore.

X-Fan
03-11-2010, 04:10 PM
I want to see who has repped me...

Ditto

ChicagoX
03-11-2010, 04:18 PM
I would like to see the links at the top of the site take you to up-to-date pages. The following links have not been updated in quite some time:

-Schedule/Results
-Roster
-Depth Chart
-Eligibility
-Commits
-Offer List
-Players
-Ext
-Rosters
-Recruiting
-Draft
-Coaches
-Records
-Staffs
-Vs. opponents
-Awards
-Traditions

Although this list looks a bit daunting to update each of them, many of these categories would be fairly quick fixes with little to no updates needed afterward. If the site is going to have these links and pages, why not have them be current?

I'd be happy to do some work to update some of them if the mods were ok with this. I'm computer-literate enough that I doubt it would be a problem, and I do some updates to my company's web site, so I don't think I could screw it up that badly.

It's a great site, but there are a lot of different pages that need to be kept up on a routine basis.

Muskie
03-11-2010, 06:47 PM
I would like to see the links at the top of the site take you to up-to-date pages. The following links have not been updated in quite some time:

-Schedule/Results
-Roster
-Depth Chart
-Eligibility
-Commits
-Offer List
-Players
-Ext
-Rosters
-Recruiting
-Draft
-Coaches
-Records
-Staffs
-Vs. opponents
-Awards
-Traditions

Although this list looks a bit daunting to update each of them, many of these categories would be fairly quick fixes with little to no updates needed afterward. If the site is going to have these links and pages, why not have them be current?

I'd be happy to do some work to update some of them if the mods were ok with this. I'm computer-literate enough that I doubt it would be a problem, and I do some updates to my company's web site, so I don't think I could screw it up that badly.

It's a great site, but there are a lot of different pages that need to be kept up on a routine basis.

I touched on this in another thread. The database that supplies many of those things is currently not compatible with VB4. So until we decide whether to upgrade to VB4, I'm hesitant to update those things if they aren't going to exist in that DB much longer. If the DB will work with VB4 eventually I can get those things updated in one weekend.

Tardy Turtle
03-11-2010, 07:01 PM
I would be in favor of less banning.

More banning. There's a lot of dead weight around here.

Jesuit4Life
03-12-2010, 08:38 PM
Punch List for X advancement
- Rob Lowery

XURunner85
03-14-2010, 06:03 PM
How about a section for former players....As much as I love West, Brown, Posey, etc, etc...it would just be nice to have stuff on them in a special place rather mixed in with Xavier basketball...

JimmyTwoTimes37
03-14-2010, 06:06 PM
How about a section for former players....As much as I love West, Brown, Posey, etc, etc...it would just be nice to have stuff on them in a special place rather mixed in with Xavier basketball...

Great point. Maybe have up to date stats/youtube video's on each player? Or just recent updates