PDA

View Full Version : A-10 Respect Possibly 5 Teams?

XULuch2782
02-03-2008, 11:48 PM
ESPN who normally breaks down just the 'power conference' finally puts the A-10 up there in the discussion. Also they say X is a lock.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/bubblewatch

Bout time.

GoMuskies
02-04-2008, 12:13 AM
I think the A-10 ends up with four (X, Dayton, URI, St. Joe's), and even that would be quite a positive change!

X-band '01
02-04-2008, 05:56 AM
The A-10 has been featured in the Bubble Watch all year. UD was in lock status early in the year but fell out once they went on the skids. Duquesne has fallen out of the discussion and Temple has barged their way back in recently.

Drew's Crew
02-04-2008, 09:06 AM
Barring an upset in the A10 tourneament, It will be, in this order of seeding for the Dance....

1. Xavier
2. URI
3. St. Joe's

UD and Umass both will not make the tournament. I have said it for about a month now, SJU is a really good team that got off to a slow start, but they will be in the NCAAs.

Even though UD was playing well when completely healthy, it is not like they will be able to just flip the switch when they become healthy. It will take them too long to get it going again. The loss to Richmond really hurts them a lot.

Blue Dog
02-04-2008, 09:28 AM
Still too early. Richmond is on the verge of moving into the rpi top 100, if that happens it's not a bad loss. That's UD's only bad loss against 5 good wins.

Right now the Hawks have 3 good wins - UMass twice and Temple. Also a bad loss HC at home. UMass has 7 good wins and 2 bad losses, and if SLU can crack the top 100 they may only have one.

These last 9 or 10 games give several A10 teams a good chance to play themselves in or out.

drudy23
02-04-2008, 09:38 AM
Barring an upset in the A10 tourneament, It will be, in this order of seeding for the Dance....

1. Xavier
2. URI
3. St. Joe's

UD and Umass both will not make the tournament. I have said it for about a month now, SJU is a really good team that got off to a slow start, but they will be in the NCAAs.

Even though UD was playing well when completely healthy, it is not like they will be able to just flip the switch when they become healthy. It will take them too long to get it going again. The loss to Richmond really hurts them a lot.

I think Dayton gets in...they're SOS will keep them mid 20's in the RPI even with a few more losses. And if they're in the 20's, they're in.

Plus, their schedule is pretty favorable even with their injuries.

I think we'll get 4 teams in....X, Dayton, URI, and SJU

GoMuskies
02-04-2008, 09:46 AM
UMass losing twice to SJU is gonna kill them. If it comes down to a decision between those two, there's no doubt who the Selection Committee will take.

XU Fan
02-04-2008, 10:11 AM
Dayton can get in but they still have to do a lot of work. They might well be right on the bubble. Or they could go back to winning and sew up their bid. X needs to keep winning to grab a great seed. I'd love to see a 2 or 3 seed. It'll happen if they win out, but that is going to be tough.

Stonebreaker
02-04-2008, 12:27 PM
If this thread is primarily focusing on the A-10, I'm moving it to that forum.