PDA

View Full Version : What recruits will be in the house today?

Lamont Sanford
02-28-2010, 09:13 AM
I know it has been mentioned already, so who is supposed to be in the house today? I assume Griffin will be there as usual, but what about DSR? or Gary Harris?

Any of you insiders able to hook a brother up?

LA Muskie
02-28-2010, 03:26 PM
I know it has been mentioned already, so who is supposed to be in the house today? I assume Griffin will be there as usual, but what about DSR? or Gary Harris?

Any of you insiders able to hook a brother up?

No idea, but the University is on Spring Break so it seems like an awkward weekend for visits (other than the big game, of course).

gladdenguy
02-28-2010, 03:27 PM
Gary Harris and DSR were in attendance.

Xpectations
02-28-2010, 05:33 PM
Gary Harris and DSR were in attendance.

Sweet. They picked a great day to take in The Show.

Murph85
03-01-2010, 01:23 PM
Who is DSR??

Juice
03-01-2010, 01:43 PM
Who is DSR??

Devonte Smith-Rivera

The_Mack_Pack
03-01-2010, 01:45 PM
Who is DSR??

I'll just give you the quick version. If he were to commit to Xavier then Dayton fans would be on suicide watch because this guy is AWESOME!

bobbiemcgee
03-01-2010, 01:52 PM
DSR has been to several games now.

Lamont Sanford
03-01-2010, 01:53 PM
Getting either DSR or Gary Harris (who might be better in the long run than DSR) would be a MAJOR COUP for X! And Cryer fans would definitely be on suicide watch.

Xman95
03-01-2010, 02:44 PM
Right now DSR is right at the top of my wishlist for that class. Admittedly I haven't seen these kids play, so I'm just going off of the reports that most of us see. I must say, however, that the info out there on Harris is very impressive and I would be thrilled if X landed him. Hell, can't we just take them both? Maybe Harris adds a few inches and becomes a SF!!

sash19
03-01-2010, 02:49 PM
Right now DSR is right at the top of my wishlist for that class. Admittedly I haven't seen these kids play, so I'm just going off of the reports that most of us see. I must say, however, that the info out there on Harris is very impressive and I would be thrilled if X landed him. Hell, can't we just take them both? Maybe Harris adds a few inches and becomes a SF!!

We have a guy named Dezmine Wells coming in for 2011 that will take that spot and lock it down for 4 years......Harris and/or DSR would be great additions to the team. DSR is better now from what I read but Harris is bursting with potential.

Xman95
03-01-2010, 04:25 PM
We have a guy named Dezmine Wells coming in for 2011 that will take that spot and lock it down for 4 years......Harris and/or DSR would be great additions to the team. DSR is better now from what I read but Harris is bursting with potential.

Trust me, I'm well aware of Wells and his potential is tremendous. That being said, if you are able to add other players who provide depth without a drop in talent or even players better than the projected starters, wouldn't you do that? Not to mention, at 6'3" Wells is going to be an undersized SF. I'm actually hoping he can develop more of an outside shot and be a SG for X.

DSR could give minutes at PG/SG, Harris could give SG/SF minutes, Wells could be SG/SF...that's some nice depth.

The_Mack_Pack
03-01-2010, 04:48 PM
I thought Wells was 6'5'', being a SF at 6'3'' is odd and probably won't work at the college level unless he really develops an awesome jump-shot.

sash19
03-01-2010, 05:16 PM
Trust me, I'm well aware of Wells and his potential is tremendous. That being said, if you are able to add other players who provide depth without a drop in talent or even players better than the projected starters, wouldn't you do that? Not to mention, at 6'3" Wells is going to be an undersized SF. I'm actually hoping he can develop more of an outside shot and be a SG for X.

DSR could give minutes at PG/SG, Harris could give SG/SF minutes, Wells could be SG/SF...that's some nice depth.

95:

I am saying it in a sense of lets get Gary for the SG spot, not the SF spot. Trying to recruit him as a SF may be tougher due to Dez.....The coaches are hot on Gary trust me...

LA Muskie
03-01-2010, 05:50 PM
Get 'em all!

bobbiemcgee
03-01-2010, 05:59 PM
I thought Wells was 6'5'', being a SF at 6'3'' is odd and probably won't work at the college level unless he really develops an awesome jump-shot.

I think most have him @ 6'5"

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recruiting/tracker/prospects?&state=NC&pos=null&toggle=null&season=2011&status=null&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncb %2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fprospects%3f%26state%3dN C%26pos%3dnull%26toggle%3dnull%26season%3d2011%26s tatus%3dnull

LA Muskie
03-01-2010, 07:15 PM
I think most have him @ 6'5"

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recruiting/tracker/prospects?&state=NC&pos=null&toggle=null&season=2011&status=null&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncb %2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fprospects%3f%26state%3dN C%26pos%3dnull%26toggle%3dnull%26season%3d2011%26s tatus%3dnull

Listed at 6'5" sounds like about 6'3" to me. Then again, that makes the guys listed at 6'10" about 6'8" -- so relatively speaking it all works out.

The_Mack_Pack
03-01-2010, 07:18 PM
I hope we get a big athletic center in 2012.

Xman95
03-01-2010, 07:21 PM
95:

I am saying it in a sense of lets get Gary for the SG spot, not the SF spot. Trying to recruit him as a SF may be tougher due to Dez.....The coaches are hot on Gary trust me...

I think we're on the same page, just a little miscommunication. Basically, let X get the best players it can and let the positions fall into place (within reason...I don't want them to bring in 8 PG's!).

JTG
03-01-2010, 10:10 PM
Getting either DSR or Gary Harris (who might be better in the long run than DSR) would be a MAJOR COUP for X! And Cryer fans would definitely be on suicide watch.

Why would the Cryers be on suicide watch? Is either player on their list ? Or would they figure it would just be 4 more years of us kicking their asses ?

kyxu
03-01-2010, 10:32 PM
Xavier is in VERY good with some VERY good players for the future right now, and I'm not just talking about the guys already committed. That much will be evident soon enough.

Mack has assembled an outstanding staff in this department. I honestly think Mack's staff is recruiting at a higher level than Sean Miller's when he was here, which is obviously saying something as Miller brought in some of the best talent this program has ever had.

And Travis Steele may be one of the best young recruiters in the country. Dude's like 25 and is killing it. Not to mention the tangible results you can see from Bino and Kelsey.

waggy
03-01-2010, 10:51 PM
Hope this staff can be kept together for a while...

SixFig
03-01-2010, 11:03 PM
Hope this staff can be kept together for a while...

That's my worry. If I were Indiana, Purdue or Notre Dame I'm offering Steele ridiculous money just to keep him from poaching my territory like he is doing well now!

waggy
03-01-2010, 11:12 PM
That's my worry. If I were Indiana, Purdue or Notre Dame I'm offering Steele ridiculous money just to keep him from poaching my territory like he is doing well now!

shhh

DoubleD86
03-02-2010, 02:16 AM
Why would the Cryers be on suicide watch? Is either player on their list ? Or would they figure it would just be 4 more years of us kicking their asses ?

Because everything I have read has DSR and Gary Harris potential top 50 (or better) recruits in the 2012 class. The last things teams in the A-10 want to see is us following a top 25 class with our 2011 class of #59 and #68 (and whoever else we add) followed by a possibly even better class. The Show just keeps on rolling.

Drew's Crew
03-02-2010, 07:20 AM
Because everything I have read has DSR and Gary Harris potential top 50 (or better) recruits in the 2012 class. The last things teams in the A-10 want to see is us following a top 25 class with our 2011 class of #59 and #68 (and whoever else we add) followed by a possibly even better class. The Show just keeps on rolling.

That would be so sweet. If we continue to recruit the way we are and Mack holds his staff together, I think teams in the A10 will just begin to forfeit their games against us. It would be much easier that way.

sash19
03-02-2010, 08:19 AM
I think we're on the same page, just a little miscommunication. Basically, let X get the best players it can and let the positions fall into place (within reason...I don't want them to bring in 8 PG's!).

Exactly.....

sash19
03-02-2010, 08:21 AM
That would be so sweet. If we continue to recruit the way we are and Mack holds his staff together, I think teams in the A10 will just begin to forfeit their games against us. It would be much easier that way.

I know some feel it isnt in the best interest of the A10 but I would LOVE for Xavier to continue this ascent to the top and end up running the A10 like Memphis was running CUSA before Cal left....They lost a conference game this year for the 1st time in like 2-3 seasons. That would be awesome for X given our OOC schedule every year.....

sweet16
03-02-2010, 08:21 AM
Sash.......check your PM.

powerofX
03-02-2010, 08:30 AM

A forfeit may put up more of a fight than Fordham!

sash19
03-02-2010, 08:32 AM
A forfeit may put up more of a fight than Fordham!

It looks to me that there are 2 teams in the country that are worse than Fordham given they have 2 wins...Those 2 teams should be punished and sent to play NAIA ball.....

Drew's Crew
03-02-2010, 08:36 AM
I know some feel it isnt in the best interest of the A10 but I would LOVE for Xavier to continue this ascent to the top and end up running the A10 like Memphis was running CUSA before Cal left....They lost a conference game this year for the 1st time in like 2-3 seasons. That would be awesome for X given our OOC schedule every year.....

I absolutely agree. I would like to see the A10 improve, but I still want XU to run the league. I want us to be the 800 lb gorilla every single year.

It would just make it that much sweeter if the A10 were good at the same time.

Xman95
03-02-2010, 10:34 AM

I agree. However, I wouldn't be upset if we didn't always win the A-10 if it meant that other teams had risen up to our level. I just don't want to be dummied down to their level. If teams like Temple can get back to stud status and we battle with them like UNC/Duke usually do in the ACC, so be it.