PDA

View Full Version : Need quick help with X gift

kyxfan
02-23-2010, 09:54 PM
Alright guys . . .and gals. I need help.

I have a coworker who graduated from Xavier and am looking for a great going away gift for him. I was not impressed with the bookstore at Xavier when I looked. Does anyone know of a place that I can get great X memorabelia that would look good hanging in an office?? Such as framed art, clocks, plaques, etc.??

Any help is appreciated! and time is a factor . . .

muskiefan82
02-23-2010, 09:58 PM
E-Bay

kyxfan
02-23-2010, 10:01 PM
That was my first thought . . .but he is leaving Friday. Talk about procrastination.

Cheesehead
02-23-2010, 10:17 PM
locally, good luck. Try football fanatics.com or try sports memoribilia place in Tri-county and Kenwood malls. Don't know their names. If you can find a nice print, then take it to fast frame or something like that.

Muskie
02-24-2010, 09:19 AM
One of the worst things about Xavier is the lack of "swag" options.

coasterville95
02-24-2010, 09:45 AM
I was going to suggest the photo store from goxavier.com but you just said time is of the essence here.

Nicest thing I have probably came from one of the sports memorabillia houses somebody already mentioned. It's a framed montage of Gillen, Miller, Prosser and the Cintas Center floor. Mind you, its all historical as now it even has the old floor paint job and banners.

That ran me just over $200 from a church festival bid and buy two years ago, I've looked in those sports memorabillia places, and Xavier stuff is very spotty as far as availability goes, they don't end to stock much of it, and the folks that run them, in my experience, tend to be OSU or UC fans, so don't expect much sympathy.

You don't become a Xavier fan for the awesome souvenir collection...

Muskie
02-24-2010, 10:40 AM
I was going to suggest the photo store from goxavier.com but you just said time is of the essence here.

Nicest thing I have probably came from one of the sports memorabillia houses somebody already mentioned. It's a framed montage of Gillen, Miller, Prosser and the Cintas Center floor. Mind you, its all historical as now it even has the old floor paint job and banners.

That ran me just over $200 from a church festival bid and buy two years ago, I've looked in those sports memorabillia places, and Xavier stuff is very spotty as far as availability goes, they don't end to stock much of it, and the folks that run them, in my experience, tend to be OSU or UC fans, so don't expect much sympathy.

You don't become a Xavier fan for the awesome souvenir collection...

I remember you remarking at the time that it was hilarious they had not included Matta. You could probably at this point just use a steno knife and take out any other undesirables.

bobbiemcgee
02-24-2010, 11:35 AM
That was my first thought . . .but he is leaving Friday. Talk about procrastination.

get it sent overnight.

boozehound
02-24-2010, 02:17 PM
Doesn't the bookstore stock some prints of the University?

I know that they have a bronze business card holder with a Xavier Logo and space to engrave someone's name. I got one for X-mas this past year and I like it. That might be an appropriate gift for a coworker and X alum...

muskiefan82
02-24-2010, 02:57 PM
What are you thinking of giving the guy? Maybe one of us has something that we would be willing to part with for a small fee.