PDA

View Full Version : cowbells??

brownlavender
02-22-2010, 11:52 AM
I know were not allowed to use air horns at the cintas or whistles. I'm sitting here watching curling and many fans have cowbells and they seem to be pretty loud. Does anybody know if cowbells would be allowed at the tas?? If so does anybody else think this is a good idea? I do because many of the old people who like to sit down don't make much noise. Imagine if 3000 cowbells from the old folks were goin as well as the noise from the students. The Tas could be seriously rocking.

drudy23
02-22-2010, 11:56 AM
You can't be serious.

QueensbridgeMF
02-22-2010, 12:00 PM
I know they aren't allowed in football, but places like Miss St look the other way and they are prominant. I would think hands feet, and vocal cords can make enough noise if used properly. Just don't yell OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH because it is very annoying, let the Dookies do it.

blobfan
02-22-2010, 12:14 PM
Sorry. I'm pretty sure you'd lose your cowbell if you brought it to a game.

ThrowDownDBrown
02-22-2010, 12:18 PM
I know they aren't allowed in football, but places like Miss St look the other way and they are prominant. I would think hands feet, and vocal cords can make enough noise if used properly. Just don't yell OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH because it is very annoying, let the Dookies do it.

Disagree

XUglow
02-22-2010, 01:08 PM

Actually, they are allowed in football. The SEC banned noisemakers to silence the cowbell. The NCAA came back and ruled the other way. The NCAA allowed the SEC rule to stand, however, the rule no longer has game penalties associated with it. MSU does check for cowbells when you enter the stadium, and if they find one, they will confiscate it. Security will not do a thorough search of your body, so if you plan ahead a bit, you can get it into the stadium with a cowbell. The search for cowbells is similar to the search for alcohol. You cannot legally bring alcohol into an SEC stadium, but that doesn't mean that you won't see a ton of it at any game that you go to.

MSU fans don't use cowbells at basketball games.

BandAid
02-22-2010, 01:27 PM
This doesn't regard basKetball, but it does involve X and cowbells:

A few years back when the women's volleyball team made it to the tourney Xavier took the pep band and a busload of X-Treme fans to watch the game in Athens. While there the drummer let one of the students have the cowbell. The refs stopped the game and had the student give the cowbell back saying, "Only musicians are allowed to have instruments during the match," (or something to that extent). So there may also be be an instrument vs noisemaker rule as well...

XUglow
02-22-2010, 01:49 PM

A few years back when the women's volleyball team made it to the tourney Xavier took the pep band and a busload of X-Treme fans to watch the game in Athens. While there the drummer let one of the students have the cowbell. The refs stopped the game and had the student give the cowbell back saying, "Only musicians are allowed to have instruments during the match," (or something to that extent). So there may also be be an instrument vs noisemaker rule as well...

The NCAA specifically bans noisemakers in several sports, including basketball and volleyball. The NCAA rule in football says that you cannot use artificial noise makers to keep the opposing team from hearing their signals.

Blueblob4life
02-22-2010, 01:59 PM

I remember that well because I was kind of perplexed by what had happened when the ref stopped play. My friend was doing the "cowbelling" and was doing it in time with the band and fight song, but I think that the ref was taking preventative measures so that he didn't just go to town on it during play.
So in regards to cowbells at Cintas, I can't imagine that they would be allowed. Either the really old people would start complaining about it or it just wouldn't be allowed in the first place. Just imagine intoxicated students going to town on a cowbell during a game and that getting rather obnoxious.