PDA

View Full Version : Xavier v. Saint Louis

Muskie
02-22-2010, 08:56 AM
Xavier travels west to take on the red hot Billikens. Who wins?

Titanxman04
02-22-2010, 08:57 AM
Gah... St. Louis is going to be pumped for this game. They would love to ruin our chances at winning another A-10 championship.

But let's be realistic here. This is a different team on the road than what we used to be. If we dictate the tempo, it's all X.

XU-XHI
02-22-2010, 09:08 AM
I think our boys have righted the road game ship and now relish the opportunity to win on the road. X in a close one.

kyxu
02-22-2010, 09:47 AM
Bad news: SLU is excellent defending the 3.
Good news: We haven't shot the 3 well at all the past few road games, and have won comfortably.

Knocking it down would be a bonus, but our frontcourt has been excellent over the last couple games. Will need to keep that going versus SLU.

xeus
02-22-2010, 09:55 AM
Imagine how bummed Majerus must be that the game is in St Louis and not in Cincinnati during all-you-can-eat week at Montgomery Inn.

coasterville95
02-22-2010, 10:44 AM
In a rare twist of events - Majerus petitions the A10 to have the game moved to Cintas Center. Due to the women's game already booked at CIntas Center, game gets moved to Cincinnati Gardens. Majerus asks for mileage between Cincinnati Gardens and Montogmery Inn. Complains arena is too far from restaurant for a halftime snack. Game gets moved to US Bank Arena with a dedicated team of runners to keep rushing ribs from Montgomery Inn to the Visitor's Bench during the game. St. Louis loses to Xavier worse than Fordham due to the coach being too distracted by the endless bounty of ribs being brought to him by a virtual army of waiters. Inspires new corproate sponsorship as the Montgomery Inn runners are featured on TV at every opportunity.

Xavier men's team goes to take tour of new SLU arena so they can at least say they have been there.

XUOHTX
02-22-2010, 02:06 PM
In a rare twist of events - Majerus petitions the A10 to have the game moved to Cintas Center. Due to the women's game already booked at CIntas Center, game gets moved to Cincinnati Gardens. Majerus asks for mileage between Cincinnati Gardens and Montogmery Inn. Complains arena is too far from restaurant for a halftime snack. Game gets moved to US Bank Arena with a dedicated team of runners to keep rushing ribs from Montgomery Inn to the Visitor's Bench during the game. St. Louis loses to Xavier worse than Fordham due to the coach being too distracted by the endless bounty of ribs being brought to him by a virtual army of waiters. Inspires new corproate sponsorship as the Montgomery Inn runners are featured on TV at every opportunity.

Xavier men's team goes to take tour of new SLU arena so they can at least say they have been there.

I was going to say you have too much time on your hands but then again, I just read the entire thing and posted about it.

Espe
02-22-2010, 05:03 PM
It's going to be a Billiken Blizzard on Wednesday aka another white out. Teams always have some theme when the Show rolls through.

xeus
02-22-2010, 05:05 PM
I can see it all now ...

Savvy P&G brand managers for the Tide to Go Instant Stain Remover Pen stage a unique halftime show and clean the rib sauce from the player's jerseys and from the front of Majerus' shirt. Sales of Tide skyrocket.

The ball kids stay extra busy mopping up sauce in the visiting coach's box, and there are so many discarded rib and chicken bones that the St. Louis bench resembles a Bond Hill bus stop.

In the aftermath, the A-10 intervenes and declares a new "no eating messy food during a game" policy. This is the straw that breaks the camel's back - and Majerus leaves for a more food-friendly conference with shorter flight times between restaurants.

D-West & PO-Z
02-22-2010, 06:53 PM
Gah... St. Louis is going to be pumped for this game. They would love to ruin our chances at winning another A-10 championship.

But let's be realistic here. This is a different team on the road than what we used to be. If we dictate the tempo, it's all X.

Not to mention at shot at winning the conference themselves.

I agree that if XU sets the tempo they win. Also with the way Jamel has been playing lately our frontcourt will be too much for SLU if Jamel keeps it up.

If XU scores 70 or more its prolly a lock that they win. Any scores below 70 and I think it is going to be a very close tough game.

X-band '01
02-22-2010, 07:11 PM
So, instead of a Gatorade bath, does Majerus get a BBQ sauce/gravy bath instead?

chico
02-22-2010, 07:51 PM
So, instead of a Gatorade bath, does Majerus get a BBQ sauce/gravy bath instead?

My guess is Majerus doesn't bathe much.

BiggieXU
02-22-2010, 09:36 PM
We don't lose on my birthday on the road. 2 straight years at Dayton were on Feb 24th, and we won both. Bring it SLU

bobbiemcgee
02-23-2010, 02:47 AM
Anybody know who they have to guard JC? Think he could be a big prob for them.

Titanxman04
02-23-2010, 09:08 AM
Not to mention at shot at winning the conference themselves.

I agree that if XU sets the tempo they win. Also with the way Jamel has been playing lately our frontcourt will be too much for SLU if Jamel keeps it up.

If XU scores 70 or more its prolly a lock that they win. Any scores below 70 and I think it is going to be a very close tough game.

I concur. Anything less than 70 is going to be a crap shoot, since thats how SLU will get you. If I remember correctly, thats how they beat us our first3 out of 4 games against them. They just slowed things down and we couldn't get a rhythm. This is a different X team with a quicker philosophy. JC is playing some nasty D, and so long as Frease and Jamel can play like they have been, it's going to be tough for them to do much against us.

If we get them down by double digits early and maintain, by the second half the game will be going pretty quickly and we'll run away with it.

kyxu
02-23-2010, 09:28 AM
If we get them down by double digits early and maintain, by the second half the game will be going pretty quickly and we'll run away with it.

I remember us being up by 15 in the second half last time there, and SLU tied in the final seconds, and we had Lavender who definitely pushed the tempo. Then again, they had Lisch, who was a very dynamic scorer.

I haven't watched SLU play really at all this year, other than the game against Dayton. Do they have that quick-scoring capability? Mitchell is a really good player.

I'm curious as to the source of SLU's resurgence. They're not a great offensive team, nor are they particularly good at rebounding the basketball, but they do play tough defense. I find it hard to believe their defense has all the sudden improved. It's gotta be something else.

Again, I'm ignorant to SLU basketball.

xeus
02-23-2010, 07:35 PM
Anybody know who they have to guard JC? Think he could be a big prob for them.

Does LeBron James play for the Billikens? Oh wait ... nevermind.