PDA

View Full Version : Entrance Into the Lew Hirt Society

nuts4xu
02-17-2010, 01:53 PM
Anyone know what are thd guidelines to be invited into the elite "Lew Hirt Society?"?? Don't you have to travel a certain amount of miles to attend a Xavier game? I left my hotel this morning at 5:30 am Pacific Time, and provided my flight out of Atlanta is on time, I will be in my seat by tip off tonight.

This is a 2300 mile commute for the titanic struggle tonight against St Blows (actually 2700 miles when you factor the trip through the great Atlanta airport). Does that get me in, or do I need more gray hair?

Did I tell you we think MOR could be my Dad? That's got to count for something, right?

I am not lobbying for an invitation. I am just curious to see what one has to do to be included in this elite club.

DC Muskie
02-17-2010, 02:02 PM
All you have to do to be in the Jimmie Binnie Society is make a joke about Jimmie Binnie.

ballyhoohoo
02-17-2010, 02:15 PM
All you have to do to be in the Jimmie Binnie Society is make a joke about Jimmie Binnie.

Uponhearing of the contruction on Tylersville road Jimmy asked his agent to exercise the "work closer to home" clause in his contract.

DC Muskie
02-17-2010, 02:35 PM
Bally you're already a member.

ballyhoohoo
02-17-2010, 02:41 PM
yeah, but when a new Jimmy Binnie joke comes to you; you must share it with the world

Masterofreality
02-17-2010, 02:59 PM
Well, it's only open to guys who live at least 100 miles from D'Artagnan's Statue. It is designed to be for guys who live outside Cincinnati but make incredible efforts to see Xavier basketball games both in Cincinnati and on the road.

All LHS members must attend a minimum of one road game every year, but most go way over that. There are other requirements, benefits and responsibilities, but they're secret. Fathering an additional Xavier graduate and/or fan may, or may not be one of the requirements.

While Nuts4XU's efforts are admirable and worthy of note, it won't get him into the Society. Even Andy Mac and Q can only be Honorary Members.

If you don't live 100 miles away. Forget it. The Commitee has spoken volumes on that point.

X-band '01
02-17-2010, 09:09 PM
Well, it's only open to guys who live at least 100 miles from D'Artagnan's Statue. It is designed to be for guys who live outside Cincinnati but make incredible efforts to see Xavier basketball games both in Cincinnati and on the road.

All LHS members must attend a minimum of one road game every year, but most go way over that. There are other requirements, benefits and responsibilities, but they're secret. Fathering an additional Xavier graduate and/or fan may, or may not be one of the requirements.

While Nuts4XU's efforts are admirable and worthy of note, it won't get him into the Society. Even Andy Mac and Q can only be Honorary Members.

If you don't live 100 miles away. Forget it. The Commitee has spoken volumes on that point.

Technically, Minster isn't 100 miles away.

Xman95
02-17-2010, 09:12 PM

Are Mr. and Mrs. Binnie in the club? They made a joke named Jimmie Binnie.