MADXSTER
02-16-2010, 03:51 PM
http://indyhoops.blogspot.com/2010/02/thomas-tops-senior-class-midseason.html

Interesting read.

MADXSTER
02-16-2010, 03:58 PM
http://hoopsmongrel.blogspot.com/2009/10/2010-mongreltopia-top-50.html

Looks at 2010 Top 50 from Indiana, Kentucky, Illinois, Ohio, Michigan

Another interesting read. Not as acurate as I would think...Jesse Berry is ranked ahead of Juwan Staten.

The_Mack_Pack
02-16-2010, 05:42 PM
I like how it says that Martin is a good defender because one of the main things this team is missing is a long athletic wing who can guard Chris Johnson type players.

Murph85
02-16-2010, 05:48 PM
I read where this kids was ours if we wanted him. Hard to pass on a guy like this unless he is having a break out season and it was not apparent at the time. I know some folks question McKenzie from Moeller.

Hopefully Mack knows something the scouts don't.

Title_BU
02-17-2010, 09:58 AM
The 1st one has some serious problems.

ballyhoohoo
02-17-2010, 11:37 AM
I saw Thomas play in the state finals last year. I am shocked his ego fit in Conseco Fieldhouse. They say he could break Baily's record. He would need to acerage 29+ and make it to the state title game. It could very well happen. Some folks in Bloomington will be pissed.

I wonder how the Hooiser faithful feel about Matt Painter cleaning up. Hale has been solid for a while. I saw him play as a frosh in high school. I do not think he has developed much from his sophomore year in high school. This would make me wonder if the reason we did not offer him was because he peaked.

Was it Bobby Knight who said (paraphrasing) "give me four kids from Indiana and a superstar and I will make the final four"? I heard it somewhere, can't remeber though

LyonsIsFlyin
02-17-2010, 11:59 AM
I read where this kids was ours if we wanted him. Hard to pass on a guy like this unless he is having a break out season and it was not apparent at the time. I know some folks question McKenzie from Moeller.

Hopefully Mack knows something the scouts don't.

Mack and the scouts have seen the same thing in Hale. He definitely has peaked and will at best be a decent reserve for purdue.

Though I'm very eager to see what Martin will bring to the table and to see how Griffin makes the transition from highschool ball to college, I'm most eager to see Latham and Canty.

Canty has been absoluetly lights out lately, getting 30+ points and 20+ rebounds in a couple games in a stretch against good competition.

Latham's length and rebounding skill and love for Xavier makes me think he may take my boy Lyons spot of my favorite player(that means alot poeple)

Whenever it comes to talking recruits it always pumps me up with Mack showing great strides in his first year of coaching and then looking at the talent he is bringing in, only thing you can say is.... we're killin it.

SlimKibbles
02-17-2010, 05:08 PM
http://indyhoops.blogspot.com/2010/02/thomas-tops-senior-class-midseason.html

Interesting read.

Purdue certainly did a nice job of keeping top-talent in Indiana.