PDA

View Full Version : "Maxi-Mizing" a view of the Muskies future

Muskie
02-11-2010, 08:36 AM
The latest installment from one of Xavierhoops.com's feature writers:

"Maxi-Mizing" a view of the Muskies future
By WKRQ 59

After watching Chris Mack guide the Xavier Musketeer basketball team through the first few months of its maiden voyage as its captain, I have come to several conclusions, the most over-riding of which is “I would hate to play poker with him.”

Watching Chris' demeanor on the Muskies' bench and trying to figure out what is going through his head, is akin to a near impossibility. The man is like that proverbial duck who sails across the waters with an air of tranquility, only to be paddling away like mad in the waters below.

Those magi who wondered why Chris showed very little emotion on the bench during the early months of the season now know AD (after Dayton II) of the fire down below in the man. And from his public post-game comments and the game story in Sunday's paper, they now know the man is no milque toast.

But this is not a treatise on Chris Mack or any member of his staff. Or any particular member of the Muskies team. I am however puzzled after watching our team play through 23 games and notch a 16-7 record while posting an 8-2 A10 conference mark about some of the things I have read here and elsewhere.

Things that leave me scratching my head in puzzlement. I have to ask myself, “Self, what are you missing?”
Some of the subjects that have me saying “Huh?” include: (continue reading) (http://www.xavierhoops.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13494)