PDA

View Full Version : New Kentucky uniforms

ballyhoohoo
02-11-2010, 07:14 AM
I have heard these are from the LB23 line. They are an upgrade from the last ones, I guess spelling is not a requirment for UK or King James.
http://twitpic.com/12eal0/full

Lamont Sanford
02-11-2010, 07:24 AM
I like 'em. LBJ has taken a serious liking to Coach Cal.

Juice
02-11-2010, 07:48 AM
I like 'em. LBJ has taken a serious liking to Coach Cal.

Lebron James might be the biggest fair weather fan in the world. He grew up in Akron (Cleveland and Ohio State territory) and his favorite teams are the Yankees and UK basketball.

Cheesehead
02-11-2010, 08:00 AM
No bad but is the shooting sleeve now a requirement?

GoMuskies
02-11-2010, 09:00 AM
That HAS to be a photoshop job. HAS to be, right?

gladdenguy
02-11-2010, 09:28 AM
Lebron James is a goof. He will never win a championship. Suck it LEbrick!!!!
The Yankees and Kentucky and he is an avid Steeler and Colt fan as well. I hate Lebron James.

Xman95
02-11-2010, 09:39 AM
Lebron James is a goof. He will never win a championship. Suck it LEbrick!!!!
The Yankees and Kentucky and he is an avid Steeler and Colt fan as well. I hate Lebron James.

Actually, he's a Cowboys fan. How can you blame the guy for liking popular out-of-market teams? I totally understand why young kids, especially in Cleveland, latch on to other teams that are always on TV and always seem to be winning. (Of course I'm a Yankees fan in Cleveland! But I am a Browns and Cavs fan, so 2/3 hometown fan.)

As for being a UK fan, I'm guessing it has less to do with Calipari and far more to do with John Wall. I think LBJ has been a fan of Wall's for a couple years now.

Juice
02-11-2010, 09:50 AM
Actually, he's a Cowboys fan. How can you blame the guy for liking popular out-of-market teams? I totally understand why young kids, especially in Cleveland, latch on to other teams that are always on TV and always seem to be winning. (Of course I'm a Yankees fan in Cleveland! But I am a Browns and Cavs fan, so 2/3 hometown fan.)

As for being a UK fan, I'm guessing it has less to do with Calipari and far more to do with John Wall. I think LBJ has been a fan of Wall's for a couple years now.

Hate to insult you here but I think if a person isn't a fan of their hometown team then they are pussies who can't put up with some losing seasons. When Lebron was young the Indians were actually pretty good. Fair weather fans are annoying because they can latch onto any team and celebrate at the end like they truly give a shit.

GoMuskies
02-11-2010, 10:03 AM
You can like any team you want, hometown or otherwise, as long as you pick a team and stick with them.

kyxu
02-11-2010, 10:11 AM
You can like any team you want, hometown or otherwise, as long as you pick a team and stick with them.

Agree 100%. If you stick through the team thick and thin, you can root for whomever you choose. This is America.

As for UK's uniforms, I like them. Not too much going on, but modern enough. I'm anxious to see what Xavier has next year when they switch to Elite and get a unique design.

ballyhoohoo
02-11-2010, 11:01 AM
That HAS to be a photoshop job. HAS to be, right?

I pulled the picture from Calapari's twitter, he acknowledges the error

SixFig
02-11-2010, 04:55 PM
Personally I think a red tie goes better with a black suit, gives it a powerful stand out look...

...oh wait you were talking about the PLAYERS

coasterville95
02-11-2010, 06:14 PM
Not only is the one jersey spelled wrong, the player wearing it looks like he'd be anywhere other than in that photo shoot. Then again, if you were going to appear in major print media wearing a defective jersey, you may not be happy either. Actually, none of them look too happy to be there.

And what is with the blue backdrop, it will blend right into the uniforms, and if they are planning on chroma key to insert a background, then the jerseys will get lot in the chroma key.

Ledgewood
02-15-2010, 11:19 AM
to be fair, we all know king james isnt the one spelling the school's names, its some underage and underpaid foreign kid working too many hours.

i don't condone king james's decision to back up popular bandwagon pro teams, but i hold the same discontent for people who wear ohio state colors but went to bowling green or something stupid like that.

also, i hate every single new college basketball uniform that comes out.

Perma Fro
02-15-2010, 11:27 AM
i don't condone king james's decision to back up popular bandwagon pro teams, but i hold the same discontent for people who wear ohio state colors but went to bowling green or something stupid like that.

Kind of like the two UD people I work with that know the OSU football schedule inside and out but tried to tell me that UD beat "Charleston" the other night for an A10 victory.

Would that be the College of Charleston or Charleston Southern?

X-band '01
02-15-2010, 06:29 PM
Kind of like the two UD people I work with that know the OSU football schedule inside and out but tried to tell me that UD beat "Charleston" the other night for an A10 victory.

Would that be the College of Charleston or Charleston Southern?

WVU-Charleston.