PDA

View Full Version : The reason Tebow sucked yesterday...

joebba
01-31-2010, 11:36 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1liTPa8jIS8

wkrq59
01-31-2010, 11:44 AM
Does Tim Tebow have a Dayton connection?:D:D:D

BlueGuy
01-31-2010, 11:53 AM
I think it's funny how people love to hate Tebow. I'm far from a fan of Florida, or the SEC for that matter, but Tebow was an absolutely money college football player. Anyone that doesn't see that is just clueless.

joebba
01-31-2010, 12:05 PM
I understand that he was a great college player, but I do think he has gotten way too much hype this year. I have family with ties to the Gators, so I follow the gators more than other teams.

I for one do not know if Tebow can adapt to be an NFL style quarterback. He may be able to be a great platoon situational QB, mixing up wildcat or option style offense. The traditional NFL QB style with occasional shotgun will still be the dominant style in the NFL because of the speed of the NFL game. I could see Tebow being a part time tight end, part time QB, or occasional full-back/2nd QB option within the same play.

P.S. I was simply trying to be funny not hate Tim Tebow.

bobbiemcgee
01-31-2010, 12:11 PM
I think he'll be used like he was his Freshman yr. I think he would be a natural for the Wildcat and could incorporate the jump pass to it. I don't see him going in the 1st 2 rounds.

BlueGuy
01-31-2010, 01:02 PM
P.S. I was simply trying to be funny not hate Tim Tebow.

Sorry, wasn't trying to call you out specifically. Just making a general statement.

DC Muskie
02-01-2010, 07:59 AM
I think Tebow is a tremendous college player. And from what I have seen I think he is a great kid. He is what we all hope every athlete in college sports should be about.

Now, having said that, the coverage of him in the Senior Bowl was pathetic. Do I really need to know just how awful he played in the first day, and all of the highlights from the game were him screwing up.

If he were any other player, they would not get this type of coverage. I have no idea if will succeed into a good NFL player. Just because you were great in college, doesn't mean you will be on an NFL roster, let alone good in the NFL.

XUglow
02-01-2010, 10:33 AM
I think Tebow is a tremendous college player. And from what I have seen I think he is a great kid. He is what we all hope every athlete in college sports should be about.

Now, having said that, the coverage of him in the Senior Bowl was pathetic. Do I really need to know just how awful he played in the first day, and all of the highlights from the game were him screwing up.

If he were any other player, they would not get this type of coverage. I have no idea if will succeed into a good NFL player. Just because you were great in college, doesn't mean you will be on an NFL roster, let alone good in the NFL.

Tebow does have a lot of work to do, but he is a gifted athlete and intense competitor. He is probably a longer term project, but so are most QBs that enter the league.

The coverage out of Mobile was pretty stupid. 6 QB's had multiple fumbles on under-center snaps on day one, but with the press reports, you would think that Tebow was the only klutz in the bunch. Nat covered the Senior Bowl for a couple of rags, and she said Tebow was the main topic at the reporters' bar every evening. The Jacksonville scout told her that a lot of scouts were afraid to say anything nice about Tebow out of fear that they would be branded "an idiot" by the press.