PDA

View Full Version : Patriots are going to win

Stonebreaker
02-01-2008, 08:41 AM
I don't see how the little Giants can defeat the 'evil empire'.

http://66.79.163.197/_images/articles/2007/12/14/evil_patriots.jpg

Leg sweep!

Raoul Duke
02-01-2008, 08:57 AM
Strike first, strike hard, no mercy.

X-band '01
02-01-2008, 11:33 PM
The only thing that Hoodie (Vestie?) is missing is a ponytail.

94GRAD
02-02-2008, 02:39 AM
Sweep the leg.

xuirish
02-02-2008, 03:42 AM
Bow To Your Sensei!

PM Thor
02-03-2008, 03:33 PM
whatifsports.com is a sports simulation site that crunches numbers to get a pretty good guess at who is going to win games. They have picked the SB champ the last 4 years. This year they did 10,001 simulations of the Super Bowl, with the NE winning 77.2% with an average victory by the Pats at 30-16.

Let's see how close they are to this prediction. (PS, WIS fantasy hoops dynasty league is a blast)

Stonebreaker
02-03-2008, 04:23 PM
Thanx Thor, you had to ruin this thread by putting real info in here. How could ya??

PM Thor
02-03-2008, 08:14 PM
Well, I hope that I am wrong. Right now Giants are up 3 in the 4th. God I hope they win.

Stonebreaker
02-03-2008, 08:15 PM
It's a good game, if you like commercials.

PM Thor
02-03-2008, 08:23 PM
Tell me about it. I wish they simulcast this game with one of their other channels so we could watch what's going on on the field and listen to the announcers and whatnot while they cut away every 45 seconds for commercials.

XUglow
02-03-2008, 08:23 PM
Fantastic football game, in my opinion.

An X Fan
02-03-2008, 09:05 PM
You got the sense that the Giants were the team of destiny - kind of like the Steelers a few years ago. 2 dropped interceptions by the Pats on the Giants final drive. Eli was all but sacked, then spun out and heaved it down field where the Giants WR caught the ball against his head. I won't watch sports for a few days so I don't have to see the 1972 Dolphins clowns celebrate. I'll be back to sports on Thursday for the SLU game.

XUglow
02-03-2008, 09:05 PM
Best ever, in my opinion. I loved it.

PM Thor
02-03-2008, 09:07 PM
Glow, I wouldn't say it was the best ever, probably the best upset in a Superbowl yes, but maybe not the best. Top 3.

Great, great game. I love watching New England lose. Oh perfect season? Yep. Nope. Great Super Bowl. You couldn't ask for more.

XUglow
02-03-2008, 10:07 PM
I can't think of one that I ever enjoyed more, and I didn't have a dog in that fight.

An unstoppable offense was held in check. The last drive had a bit of everything. 4th down conversion. Unreal escape by Manning. Impossible catch by Tyree. Perfect fade pattern and toss for the TD. Pats had some time left but were denied. The Pats' 4-point lead meant win or lose. FG wasn't an option on that drive.

toledodan
02-03-2008, 10:21 PM
and results! don't care for new york area teams but i wanted the pats to lose. maybe the next shoe will fall in spygate.:D

joebba
02-03-2008, 10:34 PM
Tell me about it. I wish they simulcast this game with one of their other channels so we could watch what's going on on the field and listen to the announcers and whatnot while they cut away every 45 seconds for commercials.

Well, toward the end of the game Fox did not cut away that much even on multiple timeouts.

Who thought Timerlake getting nut-crunched on the mail-box was funny as hell?

PM Thor
02-03-2008, 10:55 PM
I can't think of one that I ever enjoyed more, and I didn't have a dog in that fight.

An unstoppable offense was held in check. The last drive had a bit of everything. 4th down conversion. Unreal escape by Manning. Impossible catch by Tyree. Perfect fade pattern and toss for the TD. Pats had some time left but were denied. The Pats' 4-point lead meant win or lose. FG wasn't an option on that drive.

I still think the St. Louis Rams/Tennessee Titans game was the best Super Bowl. A guy getting stopped at the -1 yard line as time expires simply cannot be beaten. Then the FG kicks games as time expires are also great.

And then add my worst sporting hurt, the Taylor TD with 34 seconds left vs the Bengals back in the 88 season....

I still think all of them were better games.
Upset wise though? Not even close. This is number 1.

Cheesehead
02-03-2008, 11:05 PM
Actually, a great game. Yes, not a whole lot of points but it was a great battle between two good teams. David beat Goliath and I thought it was awesome. Suck on that Moss & Behlichek

blobfan
02-04-2008, 01:52 AM
Well, toward the end of the game Fox did not cut away that much even on multiple timeouts.

Who thought Timerlake getting nut-crunched on the mail-box was funny as hell?

Definitely my vote for best commercial of the day. My hubby liked the Sarah Connor promos w/ the terminator attacking the NFL robot's butt.

Stonebreaker
02-04-2008, 06:25 AM
I knew the Giants were going to win......Daniel-san and the good guys always win out against the bad dudes.

XU05and07
02-04-2008, 08:22 AM
I knew the Giants were going to win......Daniel-san and the good guys always win out against the bad dudes.

so the title of the thread was reverse psychology?

Stonebreaker
02-04-2008, 12:24 PM
It was more facetious than anything, uh.....so YEAH!

D-West & PO-Z
02-04-2008, 03:16 PM
I posted this in the other scetion talking about the game, but i'll post here too...WOOHOO!

Well I'm back, and it was everything I could have hoped for. The Experience of a Lifetime! Going to the Superbowl would be an amazing thing regardless, but when your team is in it it is altogether a different experiecne. I felt so sorry for one of the couples behind me that was there just to be at the superbowl, and didnt look like NFL fans let alone fans of either team. My section was all Giants fans, as was most of the stadium. It had to beat least 65% Giants fans, probably closer to 75%. The events outside of the stadium were amazing, the pregame show inside the stadium very good, Tom Petty halftime show was amzing, the game amazing, Eli amazing on that last drive, what will now be know as THE DRIVE (sorry Elway). I mean eluding that sack!!!???? That just didnt used to be him, but he wanted it so bad! I think he is going to go on now to have a very successful career with everyone now off his back, not that if he doesnt play well the NY media wont get back on him, but I think he is on the path to elite play all the time, ot just some of it. I have so much I want to say but frankly you guys probably dont really care so I'll leave it at that. Amazing. Love the Giants. GO BIG BLUE!