I hate Dayton and I hate Dayton.

I hate Dayton and I hate Dayton.

I hate Dayton and I hate Dayton

We are the Dayton...Haters.

Masterofreality
01-15-2010, 03:43 PM
Ah, yes. The dump.

It is known as the ghetto, yo' kno'.

Nothing like all the good :rolleyes: news that eminates out of that stagnant cesspool.

From the dayton Business Journal:
"The Dayton region has been hit harder than the national average for unemployment, with more than 11 percent unemployment for October, and the city of Dayton having a 12.4 percent unemployment rate for October."

Or how about this from Newgeography:
"Today one would not expect much vision in Dayton, and you would be unlikely to find it. Since the early 1970s, nearly 15,000 manufacturing jobs disappeared at NCR. Automobile plants cut payrolls as the economy restructured toward services, and foreign competition outsold domestic manufacturers. As late as 1990, five General Motors plants employed more than 20,000 people regionally. Now, these factories are closed and Delphi also closed plants. NCR’s world headquarters has closed and moved. Mead Paper Company has merged with a competitor, becoming MeadWestvaco and its corporate headquarters has moved to Richmond, Virginia.

As the economy has tanked, the city has shrunk. After peaking at more than 260,000 people in 1960, the city is barely clinging to a core city population of less than 160,000. In the 2000 census, Dayton ranked 147th in size nationwide. Its metropolitan area is now ranked 59th."

Oh, yeah. dayton excitement. Catch the feeling!!!!

waggy
01-15-2010, 05:53 PM
Chicago, Cincinnati and Dayton (yes, Dayton) were the backbone of this countries (and the worlds) machine tool industry. I'm not totally up to speed on it, but I think it's pretty much all gone overseas now. Sad.

PM Thor
01-15-2010, 11:22 PM
I HATE dayton.

They are a suburb of Cincinnati.

They think this is a rivalry. It's not. We have won 30 years straight. That's not a rivalry. That's domination. Since the '01-'02 season, dayton has won against X 4 freakin times. FOUR.

X has won 15 times against dayton in that time. Look it up. That's 79% winning for X. Weirdly, kenpom gives X a 79% chance to win today. (and gives X a 51% chance to win up there too)

Xavier has had a better, harder schedule. And dayton, while tested, was tested against crap opponents. They were down in the second half to FORDHAM. FORDHAM.

Compare coaches. The midget hasn't helped to develop Wright. That kid has a ton of potential, but under gregory, his game hasn't expanded at all. He is one dimensional. So is Warren, Huelsman, on and on. None have gotten better.

Now look at Coach Mack. In his first year, while losing his top three scorers, the team has improved and gotten better all year. If the game was the first one of the year, dayton would have run X out of the gym.

Too bad for dayton, because the cryers are in our wheelhouse and the team has learned how to play as a team, ask Crawford about that. Oh and for the record, the excuse for dayton is going to be a short turnaround...

I HATE dayton.

bobbiemcgee
02-03-2010, 10:12 PM
http://www.coolopticalillusions.com/eye-tricks/optic-pictures/watermelon-face-illusion.jpgTime to bump this thread again.

Xman95
02-03-2010, 10:18 PM
Chicago, Cincinnati and Dayton (yes, Dayton) were the backbone of this countries (and the worlds) machine tool industry. I'm not totally up to speed on it, but I think it's pretty much all gone overseas now. Sad.

I wish Dayton would go overseas! (Of course if any UD basketball players want to play professionally, that's where they all have to go.)

bobbiemcgee
02-03-2010, 10:26 PM
#1 destination for Dayton retirees: Olean, NY

MADXSTER
02-04-2010, 12:30 PM
Random thoughts....

University of Dumb
University of Dump
University of Dumbasses
University of Douche Bags
University of D***heads

DC Muskie
02-04-2010, 01:01 PM
Dayton is like a Toyota. They are stuck going full steam about to crash into a brick wall while telling you everything is a-okay.

PM Thor
02-04-2010, 01:28 PM
Dayton is like a Toyota. They are stuck going full steam about into a brick wall while telling you everything is a-okay.

I'm stealing that.

I HATE dayton.

DC Muskie
02-04-2010, 01:49 PM
I'm stealing that.

I HATE dayton.

I had to fix it. I rushed through it.

punkrockcowboy
02-04-2010, 01:53 PM
I can't stand Dayton's fans. They are delusional myopic wackos. I do have to admire the fact that 2,000 of them showed up in Halton last year and gave us their money to watch their boys get beat by our worst team ever. Xavier is the only team in Ohio that I have respect for. Beat Dayton and send them to the bottom half of the conference.

xavierfan
02-06-2010, 04:13 PM
Off topic but to get our minds off the loss
Went to UD for first time today, that arena is one scary place
I hate UD but that stadium is old and quite intimidating. Its so old and piece of crap I can actually see it being quite hard to play in
The lights are off in top most rows, the concourse is from 1930's and the scoreboard came from my high school
Cintas shits on UD of course, but none the less the arena was interesting

BandAid
02-06-2010, 04:19 PM
What was up with the orange things some of the student section was wearing on their head? It made them look like male genitalia....

NY44
02-06-2010, 04:25 PM
It was actually gross. One of the oddest looking buildings Ive ever seen. It was really rowdy up near the top there was alack of security. The average conflict at Dayton lasted the entire game. In Cintas I'd give it about 20 seconds. I think it was intimidating as a fan but would be less intimidating as a player because the fans were further from the court since there is one level besides the boxes.

BandAid
02-06-2010, 04:29 PM
Quote from today's broadcast: "This place is an insane assylum!"

It was obviously supposed to be a compliment, and I'm sure many Dayton fans will take it as such...

...but boy did that line make me laugh!