PDA

View Full Version : Chad wants to leave again?

XUOHTX
01-30-2008, 08:17 AM
Read it on enquirer.com that Chad is asking to go to Miami (his home town). Can someone explain to me why that makes any sense if winning is your goal? I mean I know we were terrible last year but we at least one multiple games. You gotta believe with Carson we always have a better chance at winning and Chad has a better chance of getting the ball....

Pablo
01-30-2008, 12:42 PM
If you click on the title of the blog piece - there is a NFL network piece on a 10 second spot from a station in Miami.

Q. So Chad are you going to be wearing orange and black next year?

85 - or maybe orange and Teal - he start to walks away from the camera and says, "Parcells - quit playing call me" or something close to that

In my opinion - he was just playing to the camera and from people close to him they say he will be back in the nati very soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TebMvv2JRnk

Stonebreaker
01-30-2008, 12:59 PM
I say let him walk, our defense is awful, and our offense isn't that good with him. Get some high draft pics for him.

boozehound
01-30-2008, 02:18 PM
I don't care if he was joking or not, he needs to stop being an idiot. I am sick and tired of his crap. It's great that he racks up a lot of yards every year, but he can't be counted on in the clutch, and he usually has 2 games with about 500 yards between them to pad his stats.

joebba
01-30-2008, 04:51 PM
Frankly I think TJ Hou. is much more consistent than Chad and more important overall. We need a team that is a bit more serious about winning. Chad's distractions are starting to move the team vibe in the wrong direction.

Pablo
01-30-2008, 05:11 PM
Distractions.....

Feel free to call me an 85 apologist, but when almost everyone else on the team has been suspended/jailed/hurt/old/dead - and you are supposed to carry the team with 3 people on you every time and still rack up great stats - and you are called the distraction??? I think thats crap.

Sure there is a lot of frustration - I think he is just very frustrated at a lack of support from the org versus the players. I hope all of this is a lot of hot air - but reading what he said on Rome today - makes me think that there is some validity to people thinking he is leaving.

Would be a very big mistake

joebba
01-30-2008, 05:13 PM
Just my opinion. I am in Indy so the Colts are my team.

Pablo
01-30-2008, 07:25 PM
When you used the term, "We" in reference to the Bengals but then disclose that you live in Indy and the Colts are your team - sorry for my confusion about your stance.

joebba
01-30-2008, 07:30 PM
No biggie. I grew up in Cincy. It would be nice to see the Bengals do well, but it is clear they are on the path to being a really bad team again if they cannot right the ship. I don't claim to be right.

chico
01-31-2008, 08:27 AM
You have to wonder if Rosenhaus isn't behind this. There were a couple rumblings this year but nothing to cause the blow-up Chad had yesterday. I heard the ESPN interview and I guess he said the same thing on all the radio shows he went on.

My guess is that Rosenhaus is trying to get him traded so he can re-negotiate a new contract, and since Chad loves the spotlight he's a willing participant. Rosenhaus is slime.

boozehound
01-31-2008, 09:49 AM
I would trade him, but only if we can get some real value. If not, he is under contract for at least a few more years. We aren't really paying him all that much. If he wants to hold out, fine. Ride the pine. It's not like this is the last year of his contract. I don't see the point in signing a long term deal, only to bitch about it 2-3 years into the contract.

I have defended Chad quite a bit, and I am done with it. He is a spoiled, multi-millionaire athlete. I don't care if his feelings are hurt, and "nobody on the team has his back," suck it up. You are supposed to be an adult. If you just shut up and play, people will respect you, and love you. Right now he is only making himself look like and idiot, and proving everyone who said that he was just another T.O. right.

XUOHTX
01-31-2008, 09:50 AM
I agree, "The Shark" as Chad calls him is a problem. Drew is evil. I don't think Chad is the problem though. I think he is a symptom. I think Marvin is terrible and don't get me started on the Brown family.

Muskie
01-31-2008, 10:58 AM
Technically didn't Chad "leave" the Bengals months ago by mentally checking out on them?

xuirish
01-31-2008, 02:03 PM
Carson was on The Mike Tirico show this afternoon and said he thinks that chad isn't going anywhere and he said for the Bengals to win, they have to have Chad. Hopefully Chad hears that and realizes that we do have a potent offense, and he needs to just shut his mouth from time to time.

PM Thor
01-31-2008, 02:09 PM
I am officially sick of everything related to the Bengals. The Brown family has sullied Pauls great name, Marvin is a yes man who is in over his head, Chad is a crybaby, and I am tired of hearing about all of the troubles. I want Carson to just stand up in public and say "Everyone, shut the eff up. This is my team, and if people don't want to be here, or can't stay out of trouble, then ship them out. Otherwise, shut your pieholes."

Oh to dream.

boozehound
02-01-2008, 11:23 AM
It's too bad we can't get rid of Chad and Mike Brown.