PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Women's Crosstown Shootout

CinciX12
12-04-2009, 02:59 PM
UClifton comes into Cintas this sunday with a 4-3 record.

They have a horrible loss thrown in there against Alaska-Anchorage, and have lost to the only moderately good teams they have played in IU and UK.

Wins against Furman, Detroit, Western Carolina, and Dartmouth.

I'm taking Xavier easily in this one. 15+, and I don't think its ever in doubt.

Side note: There will be a full student section there Sunday as well, guaranteed. Students have to attend the women's game in order to receive their men's crosstown tickets.

XUOHTX
12-04-2009, 03:02 PM
Side note: There will be a full student section there Sunday as well, guaranteed. Students have to attend the women's game in order to receive their men's crosstown tickets.

Is this true?

coasterville95
12-04-2009, 03:21 PM
I'm guessing that's part of the campout rules. According to WCPO the campout starts at the conclusion of tonights game. It would not surprise me if part of the campout did involve attending the women's game. Let's see a cold tent in 20 degree weather for 3 hours, or the nice toasty warm inside of the Cintas Center.

I recall other schools that do stunts like this, such as "The Line" at Penn (or is it Penn State) have madated field trips to other sporting events as part of their campout for seats. Will they be checking attendance at the *end* of the women's game as well?

CinciX12
12-05-2009, 12:55 AM
What we did this year was start the camp out right after the Kent State game and it will run straight through the weekend until Sunday morning where students can pack up their stuff, warm up for an hour or so, and then make it back to Cintas for the women's game at 2 pm.

Not only are we requiring that you attend the women's crosstown shootout, if you're late (past tip) you don't get it, forfeit your ticket, and wasted your entire weekend.

So there will not be one single empty seat in the student section Sunday. Thats a guarantee.

So glad I'm not out there tonight! Tomorrow I will be though and lucky me, its supposed to be colder:(

CinciX12
12-05-2009, 12:59 AM
I'm guessing that's part of the campout rules. According to WCPO the campout starts at the conclusion of tonights game. It would not surprise me if part of the campout did involve attending the women's game. Let's see a cold tent in 20 degree weather for 3 hours, or the nice toasty warm inside of the Cintas Center.

I recall other schools that do stunts like this, such as "The Line" at Penn (or is it Penn State) have madated field trips to other sporting events as part of their campout for seats. Will they be checking attendance at the *end* of the women's game as well?

Forgot to answer your last part. Yes we will be checking attendance at the end of the game.

Each tent (now a group of people) will be called down on the floor numerically and receive their ticket. While we have every entrance blocked off so students can't get in.

I think it's awesome that we are doing this and hopefully it increases attendance for all the remaining women's games as well.

xubball93
12-05-2009, 06:03 AM
The girls are playing some good freaking ball so far this season. I'd like a repeat of the 2004 game when the Lady Muskies won by 35!

X-band '01
12-05-2009, 06:14 AM
UClifton comes into Cintas this sunday with a 4-3 record.

They have a horrible loss thrown in there against Alaska-Anchorage, and have lost to the only moderately good teams they have played in IU and UK.

Same script for the past 10 years, yet UC almost always finds 1 game a year where everything goes right for them. Even the Elite 8 squad stubbed their toe against UC, yet didn't stop them from a Top 4 seed.

On the bright side, newer coaches (Read: UC) don't fare well in these type of games.