PDA

View Full Version : Middle Tenn St.

xu_fan
12-03-2009, 08:42 PM
Great win today! X-80 Middle-63

Ta'Shia with 20 points and 20 rebounds. Special with 12 points and a career high 9 assists. Great game overall!

XUCat1
12-03-2009, 08:58 PM
Roll on! Bring on the Bearcats. Go X!

X-band '01
12-04-2009, 06:04 AM
I'm a little surprised that MTSU never seriously threatened in this game; X jumped out 13-3 and was only under single digits for a few minutes later on in the 1st half.

Bigbluebrotha
12-04-2009, 11:06 AM
Hello loyal women's fans. It's my first post of the new season!

I, too am surprised by the score. Middle Tennessee is usually a top threat. Listened to the audio and it seems as if the ladies were on cruise control.

Great effort all around and a special tip of the cap to Tashia.

Loving the progress Moss has made and also think that A Phil and Jennings are going have great seasons.

I think this is shaping up to be something special. There's a long way to go, but it's hard to curb my enthusiasm at the moment. Is it March yet??

CinciX12
12-04-2009, 02:52 PM
Total cruise control. I would even say that there were some stretches where we were playing poorly.

We just had way to much for MTSU to compete with. They had a couple good outside shooters though.

Hope to see everybody this Sunday!

Fireball
12-04-2009, 05:19 PM
I took my daughter last night to her first Xavier game, and it was my first women's game. The evening was a success and my little girl enjoyed herself.

Anyway, X never really looked threatened at all. I think it was 15-11 at the last point where the game seemed in any sort of doubt. Ta'Shia was simply dominant.

cinskyline
12-04-2009, 10:32 PM
I was in attendance for the game and it seemed like early on that MTSU would try to get the ball to Alysha Clark. But she was very well covered and would either pass it back out or lose the ball completely. The only other thing they could really do was start shooting from 3. We were very well prepared to handle MTSU's big guns -- Clark and Brandi Brown.

In the second half they pretty much gave up on Clark and started launching everything from 3, and were only moderately successful.

It was obvious that we were a much better and balanced team than they were.

Ta'Shia --- 20 and 20, unreal.

I really, really like the way Amber is playing right now-- she really is playing team basketball.

Great win! I am excited.

SixFig
12-04-2009, 11:41 PM
Anything other than a top 3 seed would be a MAJOR disappointment for this team.

Is a number 1 as possibility?

cinskyline
12-05-2009, 01:36 AM
Is a number 1 as possibility?

I'd like to think so, but I don't see it happening. Mainly because X plays in the A-10 and our SOS will be dragged down by the Fordhams, LaSalles, St Louis, and all those others who don't care about their programs. There's really only 2 teams that can help us this year-- Temple and Dayton. GW is going to be very, very bad this year.

Barring an undefeated season-- which I don't see happening, I think even a #2 could be a stretch. I think a 3 or 4 is most likely, but it's still too early in the season to gauge this.

CinciX12
12-05-2009, 12:09 PM
I'd like to think so, but I don't see it happening. Mainly because X plays in the A-10 and our SOS will be dragged down by the Fordhams, LaSalles, St Louis, and all those others who don't care about their programs. There's really only 2 teams that can help us this year-- Temple and Dayton. GW is going to be very, very bad this year.

Barring an undefeated season-- which I don't see happening, I think even a #2 could be a stretch. I think a 3 or 4 is most likely, but it's still too early in the season to gauge this.

We go undefeated and we will definitely get a 2 seed.

xu_fan
12-06-2009, 11:49 AM
I really, really like the way Amber is playing right now-- she really is playing team basketball.

I would agree 100%. I think this is her best year so far in regards to being unselfish and wanting the team to win. I'm really excited about her play. Really the whole team this year seems to have a lot more togetherness.