PDA

View Full Version : Tickets for the Shootout

bodzo23
12-01-2009, 08:15 PM
I am a student (sophomore) at Xavier and didn't get the lottery for tickets for the Shootout, which got me a little frustrated considering I go to all the games. If anybody has any tickets they are selling or know of someone selling them for reasonable prices I would be very interested in them. If so you can contact me via email at bodzionya@xavier.edu or message me on this board I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

xavierdude
12-02-2009, 09:38 AM
What? No campout this year?

Cheesehead
12-03-2009, 05:28 PM
I'm sorry I can't help you out on tickets but I love your Avatar. Reps for that.

coasterville95
12-03-2009, 07:04 PM
The end of the campout? That's a tradition. Or, it was a tradition as long as they could play it up for the media. They have campout photos for the media kits now, so no need.

Interestingly, its going back to the way it was when I went there in the early 90's with a lottery.

As to ticket sources - it appears the link has dropped off of My Musketeers to buy crosstown tickets, so I guess they are now really sold out. 333-Seat has like 10 tickets left, or at least thats whats on their online system. Hefty prices if you go that route though. At this point you may need to try EvilBay or Stubhub.

25 seats left on StubHub - cheapest ones are just under a C-note each, and you must buy in lots of two. They are WAY up in nosebleed. (201, row P)

11 left on 333-SEAT - cheapest is $87 for Sec 215, row P - but you could get a single from them.

EvilBay is mostly 333-SEAT listings, so don't expect much good there. There is an auction for 2 lower bowl seats, its up to $202 with 9 bids

Oh, and I think goxavier.com has two club seats on auction - there are up to $350.

I know, none of those options are appealing on a college student budget, but I thinks that's all that's out there unless anybody steps forward.

94GRAD
12-03-2009, 07:27 PM
There is still a campout. It's just for where you sit in the student section.

bodzo23
12-03-2009, 07:34 PM
there is a campout. however you had to register your tent for it. there were about 1100 to 1200 people who registered for the 775 spots in the student section. my tent didn't win the lottery, which had me disappointed and bummed. i'd be really heated if i were a jr or sr and got shafted by the lottery in my last chance to camp out. there was no discrimination between upper and lower classmen, which i think is wrong. if it's your last chance to go to the shootout and you wanna go you should be able to. i hope they change the process by the time i'm a sr so i have a better shot at camping out and going. there have been alot of complaints and angry people over the process they used.

bodzo23
12-03-2009, 07:34 PM
I'm sorry I can't help you out on tickets but I love your Avatar. Reps for that.

ha ha, thanks for that. i play on the club team so it's only fitting.

Cheesehead
12-04-2009, 03:48 PM
there is a campout. however you had to register your tent for it. there were about 1100 to 1200 people who registered for the 775 spots in the student section. my tent didn't win the lottery, which had me disappointed and bummed. i'd be really heated if i were a jr or sr and got shafted by the lottery in my last chance to camp out. there was no discrimination between upper and lower classmen, which i think is wrong. if it's your last chance to go to the shootout and you wanna go you should be able to. i hope they change the process by the time i'm a sr so i have a better shot at camping out and going. there have been alot of complaints and angry people over the process they used.

That's one of the few things I don't like about the Cintas Center, the student section is not configured well and it's too small. Frankly, it looks slightly pathetic when compared other arenas/schools.

coasterville95
12-12-2009, 05:51 PM
If you don't yet have tickets, now is the time tovcontact 333-SEAT. They have a limited number of upper deck tickets fire sale priced (for them) at $50 each. Face on those tickets is $36 I think, so not THAT bad all things considered.