PDA

View Full Version : They've done it again!

XU-PA
11-28-2009, 04:20 PM
Watched through the fits and starts on the internet video. Was a pretty good game with Xavier taking Minnesota 71-56.
XU offense got off slow, very very slow, I think Minn was up 12-3 or something like that, then X went on a run and led at half 27-15.

2nd half, Minn again made a run, got the lead down to I think 4 at one point, then XU turned the jets back on, or maybe the gophers were spent. X went up by more than 20 at one point then it looked like K-Mac emptied the bench and that let Minn close the gap over the lasy 3 minutes.

Looked like Minn played a very tough D, X wasn't getting as ton of wide open runs or looks till very late.

Congrats on the Junkanoo Championship!! Get used to hauling in the hardware ladies, you're earning your spot!

xu_fan
11-28-2009, 04:26 PM
Ladies and Gentleman!!!

These woman are for real! Very deserving of being in the Top 10 and maybe even better! April Phillips earned MVP of the tournament so congrats to her. She sometimes gets overshadowed by Ta'Shia and Amber so it was good to see that she won. She does a lot of great things for our team!

Make sure everyone comes out to watch our muskies this week.... We need all the support.

Thursday - Middle Tenn St. 7:00pm

Sunday - Cincinnati 2:00pm

XU-PA
11-28-2009, 04:31 PM
Just got a peak at the box score. $ players in double figure, Amber, T April and Ty!
Amber got the double double with 12 and 12. As i expected they outplayed Minn at every position, outshot from every where, outrebounded, played a cleaner game.

Only real blemish was that turnovers were a little high at 16. It looked like alot of those came from pushing the ball into a crowd in the post, and that's just going to happen with XU this year, when you have that much of a size edge, teams will really pack the defense in low till you prove you can torch them from the perimeter,

xu_fan
11-28-2009, 04:41 PM
Just got a peak at the box score. $ players in double figure, Amber, T April and Ty!
Amber got the double double with 12 and 12. As i expected they outplayed Minn at every position, outshot from every where, outrebounded, played a cleaner game.

Only real blemish was that turnovers were a little high at 16. It looked like alot of those came from pushing the ball into a crowd in the post, and that's just going to happen with XU this year, when you have that much of a size edge, teams will really pack the defense in low till you prove you can torch them from the perimeter,

Where did you find the box score at??? I can't find it!:D

XU-PA
11-28-2009, 05:50 PM
It was on the yahoo sports page,
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/womens-basketball/scoreboard

but I'm sure that goxavier.com will have it by now

CinciX12
11-28-2009, 07:21 PM
This is going to be an unbelievable season!