PDA

View Full Version : Pointless Speculation Thread: Tiger Woods

GoMuskies
11-27-2009, 11:09 PM
OK, not really our business, but when you're Tiger Woods and get into a bizarre single-car accident right outside your house speculation is going to abound.

So what the hell happened to Tiger Thursday night/Friday morning? You don't get that injured running into a fire hydrant backing your car out of the driveway. And the fact that he was "in and out of consciousness" seems awfully strange, too. No alcohol involved? Perhaps other mind-altering substances?

It will be interesting to hear what comes out about this.

D-West & PO-Z
11-27-2009, 11:11 PM
OK, not really our business, but when you're Tiger Woods and get into a bizarre single-car accident right outside your house speculation is going to abound.

So what the hell happened to Tiger Thursday night/Friday morning? You don't get that injured running into a fire hydrant backing your car out of the driveway. And the fact that he was "in and out of consciousness" seems awfully strange, too. No alcohol involved? Perhaps other mind-altering substances?

It will be interesting to hear what comes out about this.

Ya it should be interesting to hear what that was all about. I really have no speculation on my own at this point.

GoMuskies
11-27-2009, 11:24 PM
TMZ to the juicy rescue: http://www.tmz.com/2009/11/28/tiger-woods-elin-nordegren-fight-accident-suv-lacerations/

Makes a lot more sense than the line of bull the publicist started with. This is John Daly territory.

D-West & PO-Z
11-27-2009, 11:31 PM
TMZ to the juicy rescue: http://www.tmz.com/2009/11/28/tiger-woods-elin-nordegren-fight-accident-suv-lacerations/

Makes a lot more sense than the line of bull the publicist started with. This is John Daly territory.

Welp there we go. Stir it up.

xubball93
11-28-2009, 07:03 AM
I think the hour that the accident occurred is odd. Where the hell was he going?
Maybe the dude simply passed out due to a blood pressure or heart murmur issue. I once got up in the middle of the night to let my elderly dog out and woke up on my kitchen floor. At first, I had no idea how I got there. Doc said my blood pressure went up and down too fast. No big deal.

Smooth
11-28-2009, 03:20 PM
The explanation is simple: Tiger Woods drives his SUV the way Phil Mickelson drives off the tee.

D-West & PO-Z
11-28-2009, 03:46 PM
We'll see how powerful Tiger and his people really are if they actually convince the general public that his wife bashed his window to drag him out of the car. Are people really dumb enough to believe that crap??

Juice
11-28-2009, 04:08 PM
The chick he was banging behind his wife's back is not bad on the eyes.

http://thebiglead.com/?p=29525#more-29525

http://thebiglead.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/oxgtmr65c3ml.jpg

An X Fan
11-28-2009, 08:43 PM
The chick he was banging behind his wife's back is not bad on the eyes.

http://thebiglead.com/?p=29525#more-29525

http://thebiglead.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/oxgtmr65c3ml.jpg

She's not bad on the eyes, but not worth half a billion dollar$ (if the wife goes for divorce some day). Especially when you're already married to a Swedish model.

I'm sure the police, local authorities, sponsors, agent, and some news media will try to make this seem like an innocent misunderstanding and near tragedy that Tiger is glad to put behind him.

Tiger and his wife weren't available on Friday because they were "sleeping" (seriously, that's what they said) and they asked to put the cops off again until Sunday. I guess they needed some extra time to clean the house and repair the damage.

Ultimately this is a largely private matter. From a public standpoint, as long as he repairs the damages and pays his fine it's not a big deal. But all is not well in Tiger's universe.

As an aside, Gillette is not having a good month. First the European firestorm around Thierry Henry's handhall, now Tiger is messing around and getting whacked by his wife. Federer and Jeter are on notice.

waggy
11-28-2009, 08:59 PM
I think Tiger has a ton more public goodwill stored up compared to other athletes. Whether that is right or wrong, or deserved who knows, but that's my perception.

I imagine there was a pre-nup. Not suggesting she wouldn't walk away a very rich women anyway. And the child support number would take a mere mortals breath away.

Juice
11-29-2009, 10:08 AM
She's not bad on the eyes, but not worth half a billion dollar$

Is any woman really worth that?

XUglow
11-30-2009, 10:44 AM
Your husband has just had a wreck 50 feet from your driveway. He has knocked himself out in the wreck. You run back to the house to...

A) Call 911.
B) Get the spare keys to unlock the door.
C) Grab a golf club to smash the window to get him out.

Your husband has just had an affair that has gone public in the press. You...

A) Sit down and try to talk things out.
B) Give him his keys and tell him to get out.
C) Chase him out of the house with a golf club.

Your wife is after you with a golf club. You...

A) Try to calm her down so you can sit down and talk things out.
B) Grab your own golf club and go at it.
C) Get in your car and drive like hell trying to get out of there.
D) Get in your car and drive like hell trying to get out of there avoiding things like fire plugs and trees.

Snipe
11-30-2009, 01:28 PM
This sort of thing happens to me all the time. I don't know what all the rukus is.

Kahns Krazy
11-30-2009, 01:46 PM
I saw someone on some news discussion mention that if the genders were reversed that there wouldn't be the general "ho-hum" there seems to be about this scenario.

I kindo hope she beats the crap out of him on a regular basis and he lives in fear of her. It would make me less jealous of him.

DC Muskie
11-30-2009, 02:52 PM
I made the mistake of turning on the Sports Reporters right when Mike Lupica was saying...

"I want to know where he was going at 2:30 am on Friday. He needs to explain that to me."

My thought is, I don't care where he was going at 2:30 am. Or 2:30 pm. He didn't hurt anyone, and if he is banging someone behind his wife's back, then what the hell do I care. I want to see him make a 60 foot putt.

But I like Kahn's spin on it. It will be far more interesting if Tiger lives in fear of Elin. If that's not the story, then I just don't care.

boozehound
11-30-2009, 03:07 PM
I saw someone on some news discussion mention that if the genders were reversed that there wouldn't be the general "ho-hum" there seems to be about this scenario.

I kindo hope she beats the crap out of him on a regular basis and he lives in fear of her. It would make me less jealous of him.

This is a very good point. I had not thought about that.

I'm with most of the poster here in that I really don't care all that much what Tiger is doing at 2:30 am. The attitude that he "owes us an explanation" that I have heard from many members of the press is pure BS. Yes he is a public figure, and this is part of being a public figure, but he doesn't "owe" us anything.

Masterofreality
11-30-2009, 05:44 PM
Your husband has just had a wreck 50 feet from your driveway. He has knocked himself out in the wreck. You run back to the house to...

A) Call 911.

D) Get in your car and drive like hell trying to get out of there avoiding things like fire plugs and trees.

Perfect, Glow. Here's public reps since I can't do it any other way.

Add the fact that this was at 2:28am. We all know that everything good and holy happens at 2:28am.

Jumpy
12-01-2009, 05:46 AM

A) Call 911.

These are two outstanding posts, but because of stupid, antiquated rep laws, I can't offer any.

danaandvictory
12-01-2009, 10:25 AM

Excellent point.

The most insulting thing about this is the Woods' refusal to cooperate with the local authorities. If I run over a fire hydrant under suspicious circumstances, I probably can't tell the CPD to come back later because I'm asleep or that we'll cooperate only after I've had time to get my BS story straight with all the witnesses. Tiger apparently believes the rules don't apply to him, and by all accounts he's right.

D-West & PO-Z
12-01-2009, 10:51 AM
Excellent point.

The most insulting thing about this is the Woods' refusal to cooperate with the local authorities. If I run over a fire hydrant under suspicious circumstances, I probably can't tell the CPD to come back later because I'm asleep or that we'll cooperate only after I've had time to get my BS story straight with all the witnesses. Tiger apparently believes the rules don't apply to him, and by all accounts he's right.

Well I have heard that because this was classified as a minor traffic accident that he is not required by law to speak with authorities. I'm not sure he ever will.

PMI
12-01-2009, 10:52 AM
Excellent point.

What exactly are the rules that Tiger believes don't apply to him? If the authorities NEEDED to talk to Tiger about this incident right now, they'd have him with them. Tiger has no obligation to testify against himself in this minor accident and there were no other witnesses to testify against him. If I'm missing something and Tiger is in fact blatantly refusing to cooperate, wouldn't the law enforcement have done something by now?

XUglow
12-01-2009, 10:54 AM
Tiger apparently believes the rules don't apply to him, and by all accounts he's right.

I don't think the rules have ever applied to Tiger. I ran sales in Asia for a Fortune 500 company. Tiger's dad's company ran all of the PX's in Korea, and they wanted to offer our products to the Korean military. We stayed clear of that stuff because of all of the bribes and jail risks that were a part of that business, but this group didn't seem to mind taking those risks.

I was being wooed by Bill Salinger (of the JD and Pierre Salingers), and they set up a golf date in San Francisco with Bill, Rick Barry, and a 17 year old Tiger. Before we tee off, Willie McCovery shows up and says that he wants to play with Rick Barry, so Tiger drops back to the next group and Willie gets his wish. At the time, I thought it was a big deal. These days, I wish McCovey hadn't shown up.

Anyway, when we finished up, we were eating dinner at the club, and Tiger was talking about going to Stanford the next year, and I would guess that 30 to 40 NCAA and USGA amateur violations occurred right there at the table, and no one seemed to give a flip who heard what about the money that was changing hands. The NCAA will suspend a football player or basketball player for getting shirts from a booster, but Tiger got cash, airline tickets, an apartment, a washer and dryer, furniture, and a car in less than an hour at dinner that evening. Rules didn't apply then, and I don't think that they apply now.

I read an article yesterday that said that Tiger's image has always been well-crafted and very artificial. The Earl Woods camp let reporters know early on that they better write good things about Tiger, or they would be branded as a racist and cut-off permanently from access. That sounds far-fetched, yet somehow, I am guessing that it probably happened just that way.

PMI
12-01-2009, 10:54 AM
Also, for the record, if I got to be Tiger Woods for one day you can be damn sure that I would take the opportunity to bang both Elin and the other chick. In between my multiple rounds at Pebble Beach scoring in the 60s.

danaandvictory
12-01-2009, 11:03 AM
What exactly are the rules that Tiger believes don't apply to him? If the authorities NEEDED to talk to Tiger about this incident right now, they'd have him with them. Tiger has no obligation to testify against himself in this minor accident and there were no other witnesses to testify against him. If I'm missing something and Tiger is in fact blatantly refusing to cooperate, wouldn't the law enforcement have done something by now?

If the cops come to your door and ask you to answer a few questions about an incident with more than a subtle whiff of domestic violence involved, I'm guessing they aren't going to take "I'm sleeping" as a valid response.

D-West & PO-Z
12-01-2009, 11:13 AM
If the cops come to your door and ask you to answer a few questions about an incident with more than a subtle whiff of domestic violence involved, I'm guessing they aren't going to take "I'm sleeping" as a valid response.

But if they did would you not go with it? If Tiger is required by law to answer questions, which by all accounts he is not, then is it not the law enforcements job to bring him in, even against his will, to ask the questions? If law enforcement is letting Tiger get away with something, which they are not according to what they have said, then that is their fault.

By the way I dont want to sound like I love Tiger because I dont. I actually dislike him a lot but I dont think it is fair to say he doesnt think the rules dont apply to him when law enforcement is saying that he is not required to talk to them.

GoMuskies
12-01-2009, 11:22 AM
Guys, I implore you to continue this thread in the spirit it was started. This is the pointless speculation thread, not the serious discussion of law enforcement tactics thread.

Carry on.

danaandvictory
12-01-2009, 11:56 AM
Guys, I implore you to continue this thread in the spirit it was started. This is the pointless speculation thread, not the serious discussion of law enforcement tactics thread.

Fair enough. I heard Sergio Garcia also got attacked by his wife and tried to flee the house, but insisted on starting and turning off his SUV fifteen times and was beaten to death.

PMI
12-01-2009, 12:50 PM

Trust me, if this happens to me I don't catch any breaks, and I use the "I'm sleeping" excuse with the best of them. But the way I understood it Tiger did nothing outside the law to avoid speaking to the police. I don't know how hard they are going to press on a domestic incident where nobody filed any charges and both he and his wife seem to be on the same side of wanting to keep things private. If this is a non-celebrity I'll bet no domestic issues are looked at unless one of the partners charged the other, so in a sense I'd argue that these "rules" ONLY apply to Tiger Woods, or someone with similar notoriety.

DC Muskie
12-01-2009, 12:59 PM
How tough is Elin if she punched Tiger hard enough to cut him on the lip and leave him semi-conscience?

XU05and07
12-01-2009, 01:18 PM
In other news...

Brett Favre is coming out of retirement

The Patriots were videotaping games and practices

Balloon Boy was a hoax

Octomom is a media-whore

Jon & Kate - they hate each other, but it's all for the kids

Plaxico Burress shot himself in the leg

Rick Pitino likes sex in a restaurant

Michael Phelps smokes weed

The term mid-major is useless

DC has dead hookers in his trunk

xsteve1
12-01-2009, 01:18 PM
I believe she was definitely questioning about the affair and he probably owned up to it. She then became enraged and he then decided to leave and get a hotel. As he was heading to the car she smacked he in the head with the club which caused him to drive erratically and drill the fire plug which resulted in the facial wounds and the fact he was drifting in an out of conciousness when they found him.

Jumpy
12-01-2009, 01:19 PM
I don't think the rules have ever applied to Tiger. I ran sales in Asia for a Fortune 500 company. Tiger's dad's company ran all of the PX's in Korea, and they wanted to offer our products to the Korean military. We stayed clear of that stuff because of all of the bribes and jail risks that were a part of that business, but this group didn't seem to mind taking those risks.

I was being wooed by Bill Salinger (of the JD and Pierre Salingers), and they set up a golf date in San Francisco with Bill, Rick Barry, and a 17 year old Tiger. Before we tee off, Willie McCovery shows up and says that he wants to play with Rick Barry, so Tiger drops back to the next group and Willie gets his wish. At the time, I thought it was a big deal. These days, I wish McCovey hadn't shown up.

Anyway, when we finished up, we were eating dinner at the club, and Tiger was talking about going to Stanford the next year, and I would guess that 30 to 40 NCAA and USGA amateur violations occurred right there at the table, and no one seemed to give a flip who heard what about the money that was changing hands. The NCAA will suspend a football player or basketball player for getting shirts from a booster, but Tiger got cash, airline tickets, an apartment, a washer and dryer, furniture, and a car in less than an hour at dinner that evening. Rules didn't apply then, and I don't think that they apply now.

I read an article yesterday that said that Tiger's image has always been well-crafted and very artificial. The Earl Woods camp let reporters know early on that they better write good things about Tiger, or they would be branded as a racist and cut-off permanently from access. That sounds far-fetched, yet somehow, I am guessing that it probably happened just that way.

Jeebus Fries, you find ways to make me more and more jealous of you by the day.

Nigel Tufnel
12-01-2009, 01:27 PM
Fair enough. I heard Sergio Garcia also got attacked by his wife and tried to flee the house, but insisted on starting and turning off his SUV fifteen times and was beaten to death.

hehehe....well played, Cheese...well played.

XUglow
12-01-2009, 01:31 PM
Jeebus Fries, you find ways to make me more and more jealous of you by the day.

I played fairly poorly, and Rick beat my pants off. Does that help?

danaandvictory
12-01-2009, 01:32 PM
Here's an interesting take from Charles Pierce:

http://www.esquire.com/the-side/opinion/tiger-woods-accident-updates-legacy-120109?src=syn&dom=yah_buzz&mag=esq

GoMuskies
12-01-2009, 01:52 PM
Imagine if the wife had been able to get in a couple of more good whacks in with the iron. Tiger Woods beaten to death with, of all things, a golf club. That would have been a story so filled with irony that it would have been ironic.

Juice
12-01-2009, 02:05 PM
Another chick claims she was stuffed by Tiger

http://thebiglead.com/?p=29884#more-29884

danaandvictory
12-01-2009, 02:07 PM
And she's a veteran of "Tool Academy"....awesome. In other news, Tool Academy beat Fordham 56-52 at Rose Hill Gym last night.

XUglow
12-01-2009, 02:41 PM
I heard Elin went after him with a 2-iron. I question her club selection. The 7-iron isn't as long, but it would be much easier for her to control.

Kahns Krazy
12-01-2009, 02:49 PM
I think a good explanation right off the bat would have been "fantasy roleplaying gone wrong". Make the people asking all the questions too uncomfortable too keep asking.

Reporter : "Can you explain the golf club through the window"
Tiger : "Well, the grip had some, uh, fluids on it. As for why she broke the back seat window, well, she simply misunderstood the 'rear entry' part of the evening. Next question?"

XUglow
12-01-2009, 03:34 PM
We may be way off base. He may have simply told her that it didn't matter if Saab was bought by some Chinese company or if it went belly up because it didn't matter either way in the grand scheme of things.

Swedes hate it when something important to them isn't viewed as important in the grand scheme of things.

chico
12-01-2009, 03:53 PM
I don't know - we all know Tiger isn't the straightest driver. He's just usually better at getting out of trouble after a bad drive.

XUglow
12-01-2009, 05:13 PM
I don't know - we all know Tiger isn't the straightest driver. He's just usually better at getting out of trouble after a bad drive.

His bad drives usually are a result of him "getting stuck at the top". He either blocks it to the right or flips his hands to catch up and drives it way left into the deep rough and/or trees.

In this case, he got caught at someone's bottom. He tried to block it (a 2-iron?) and then flipped his hands and drove it way off to the left into the fire hydrant and/or tree.

chico
12-01-2009, 05:22 PM
His bad drives usually are a result of him "getting stuck at the top". He either blocks it to the right or flips his hands to catch up and drives it way left into the deep rough and/or trees.

In this case, he got caught at someone's bottom. He tried to block it (a 2-iron?) and then flipped his hands and drove it way off to the left into the fire hydrant and/or tree.

Usually finding a stray bush is the result of a bad drive. In this case, it's the opposite.

GoMuskies
12-01-2009, 05:39 PM
Chinese media has released video of the incident:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7i5FlC1MpkE

Juice
12-01-2009, 08:07 PM
Tiger is kind of a pervert.

http://www.wwtdd.com/2009/12/tiger-woods-i-will-wear-you-out/

sweet16
12-02-2009, 08:42 AM
As of now it appears that all of Tiger's major sponsors are coming out publicly in support of him and his family. What happens, if and when, over the next few weeks we discover that there are 3 or 4 (or more) women you provide some degree of proof that they had affairs with Tiger?

Kahns Krazy
12-02-2009, 09:35 AM
Tiger has released a statement about how offended he is that the same public that allowed him to earn a billion dollars is interested in his personal life. Boo freakin hoo Tiger. Maybe you shouldn't have f**ked a slutty cocktail waitress and left voicemails and texts. Dumbass.

MADXSTER
12-02-2009, 09:59 AM
I'm sorry but I still aspire to be Tiger Woods.:D

To have a Swedish model wife and be in a position to cheat on her(not that I would) is the pennicle.

Oh wait, and to have a job in which others will take vacation time to do what I do for a living and get paid big. Let's see, when was the last time someone took vacation time so that they could be in an office in front of a computer all week and then brag about it to their friends.

An X Fan
12-02-2009, 10:10 AM
I'm sorry but I still aspire to be Tiger Woods.:D

To have a Swedish model wife and be in a position to cheat on her(not that I would) is the pennicle.

Oh wait, and to have a job in which others will take vacation time to do what I do for a living and get paid big. Let's see, when was the last time someone took vacation time so that they could be in an office in front of a computer all week and then brag about it to their friends.

1. A billion dollars

2. To play golf

3. And have a Swedish model wife

My man is just living the dream...

PMI
12-02-2009, 10:18 AM
Am I the only one who feels that Tiger's done nothing wrong?

GoMuskies
12-02-2009, 10:21 AM

Probably. Are you married?

Juice
12-02-2009, 10:29 AM

Other than knocking over a fire hydrant that he should pay for, I am with you.

sweet16
12-02-2009, 10:29 AM
Well, without being too specific it looks like Tiger is now owning up to some of this. His most recent statement says something to the effect of.....I let my family down and I'm sorry for my transgressions.

Snipe
12-02-2009, 10:42 AM
I don't respect or defend what Tiger did. I guess that is why they call it temptation. It wouldn't be easy to be Tiger Woods or Brad Pitt and be faithful compared to being me. Some of these guys can get anything they want at anytime.

I really don't care for the kiss and tell sluts that sleep with married men and then sell their stories and take polygraphs. What? You want to go on the record to prove that you are a home wrecking slut? Do his kids deserve that? Our current version of the 15 minutes of fame knows no shame.

And GoMuskies, that Chinese video was fun to watch.

PMI
12-02-2009, 10:44 AM
Probably. Are you married?

No and I admit I'm not cut out to be.

XUglow
12-02-2009, 10:45 AM
Well, without being too specific it looks like Tiger is now owning up to some of this. His most recent statement says something to the effect of.....I let my family down and I'm sorry for my transgressions.

Elin has a billion reasons to forgive him, but you have to wonder if she will be able to deal with the shame. Joking aside, I imagine that this will be hard for her. She will have to do more than ever to protect her privacy and the privacy of her kids, so letting go and forgiving will not be particularly easy with daily reminders of what her hubby has been up to.

Snipe
12-02-2009, 10:53 AM
I agree Glow. If my wife had an affair it would be tough. But I can't imagine if my wife had an affair and everyone in the whole world was talking about it, and the guy was giving polygraphs, selling the story and revealing texts and messages from my wife. My heart goes out to her.

GoMuskies
12-02-2009, 10:54 AM
I agree with Snipe that Tiger faces great temptation. That doesn't make what he's done right (or even not wrong). No one forced him to get married and make that commitment.

PMI
12-02-2009, 10:57 AM
I'm not trying to start a new discussion or advocate any particular way of living, but I have a pretty "pessimistic" assumption of the amount of rich, famous people in this day and age (married or not) who sleep with just one woman. I wouldn't think any less of Tiger without thinking less of all the rich, famous people, even if that's cynical or presumptuous.

And I agree with Snipe about the blood-sucking whores that come out and grab their fifteen minutes of fame by the balls. Literally.

Smails
12-02-2009, 11:02 AM
Tiger has released a statement about how offended he is that the same public that allowed him to earn a billion dollars is interested in his personal life. Boo freakin hoo Tiger. Maybe you shouldn't have f**ked a slutty cocktail waitress and left voicemails and texts. Dumbass.

Is there a stronger force in the universe than the one that draws the heterosexual man to the vagina?

Tiger Woods can drop a 12 foot putt with 20 million people watching without raising his heartbeat. Throw some booty in front of him and he reverts to the decision making capabilities of a 15 year old.

MADXSTER
12-02-2009, 11:06 AM
Is there a stronger force in the universe than the one that draws the heterosexual man to the vagina?

Feel the force

http://www.pastaqueen.com/halfofme/images/vagina_muffins_02.jpg

chico
12-02-2009, 11:10 AM
Tiger wants to pass Jack's record on the course and Arnie's off the course.

XUglow
12-02-2009, 11:20 AM
Tiger wants to pass Jack's record on the course and Arnie's off the course.

He is also after Tommy Bolt for being the most fined golfer for profanity, and now, apparently, he wants to replace John Daly as the train-wreck poster boy for the tour. Let's hope that the cuts and abrasions from the wreck don't resemble fingernail scratches down both sides of his face.

chico
12-02-2009, 11:24 AM
He is also after Tommy Bolt for being the most fined golfer for profanity, and now, apparently, he wants to replace John Daly as the train-wreck poster boy for the tour. Let's hope that the cuts and abrasions from the wreck don't resemble fingernail scratches down both sides of his face.

I just hope we don't see a 350 pound Tiger in overalls and no shirt playing golf in 10 years. I don't think he'll be able to drink like Daly did, though. That guy is like Cy Young in that department - even the Irish golfers think he drinks too much.

PMI
12-02-2009, 11:25 AM

This is probably less likely than Daly passing Woods as the world's top golfer.

Kahns Krazy
12-02-2009, 11:59 AM

What I think he's done wrong is to happily accept alll of the money that comes with him being a public figure, then turn around and act all indignant when the same public that paid him the billion dollars won't leave him alone. What did you think you were getting paid for Tiger? You were getting paid to be watched. Well guess what, you're being watched.

Guess where he released his statement? www.tigerwoods.com. Guess how much Tiger Woods related shit you can buy there? All of it. You can probably actually buy his shit. In my opinion, when you agree to sell out and become a public figure, one of the things you sell is your expectation of privacy. I'm not talking about his legal rights. I don't want his medical records. I'm just saying that part of what the people are paying for is the scandal too. You can't take the payment, then act like you're offended at what you sold.

Also, putting your junk in a nasty 22 year old Vegas cocktail waitress when you are married with children is wrong. Carrying on a long term relationship with her is even more wrong. Getting busted and lying about it is wrong. You can't be forced to love your wife, but you can respect your family enough to do the right thing.

Snipe
12-02-2009, 12:09 PM
I agree Khans. What he did was wrong and he can't expect an easy out. I don't know what he can honestly say at this point that won't hurt his wife and kids any more. He has to play it close to the vest for her.

The long term relationship looks bad. I think I would like it better if he just got caught going to a high end prostitute. Both options are bad, but I wonder which is worse for the spouse. The whole affair concept: the secret meetings, the little gifts and messages, the deception, that would be tougher for me than just seeing a high class hooker. With a high class hooker at least you know it is all about the sex.

boozehound
12-02-2009, 12:21 PM
What I don't necessarily get is this: You are Tiger Woods. You are very rich and very famous. Why would you think that you could get away with this? Particularly if there are secret meetings, etc. and a long-term relationship. You had to know that it was going to get out somehow.

chico
12-02-2009, 12:32 PM
What I don't necessarily get is this: You are Tiger Woods. You are very rich and very famous. Why would you think that you could get away with this? Particularly if there are secret meetings, etc. and a long-term relationship. You had to know that it was going to get out somehow.

My guess is Tiger's not the only guy on tour doing this sort of thing, and you don't hear any of them getting caught. He may have figured, since they don't get caught, and I'm Tiger Woods, I won't get caught either.

When you have that much money and have been coddled for so long with people bowing at your feet to do anything you want them to do, you probably start to think you're above everyone and everything - that the normal rules don't apply to you. You'll just be able to buy someone off or intimidate them into not saying anything.

sweet16
12-02-2009, 12:32 PM
Guess where he released his statement? www.tigerwoods.com. Guess how much Tiger Woods related shit you can buy there? All of it. You can probably actually buy his shit.

You're right! Just last year I bought a 6 inch Tiger turd with a letter of authenticity stating that it was dropped after a particularly bad Tai meal. I keep it in a plastic bag in my sock drawer.

Nigel Tufnel
12-02-2009, 12:48 PM
What I can't seem to wrap my head around is how a guy with a Stanford education would be stupid enough to have extra-marital affairs via text message. Nothing like leaving a paper trail. I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but if I ever had an affair on my wife (I wouldn't...EVER), I sure as hell would not communicate with my side dish via text messaging.

TheDanimal
12-02-2009, 12:51 PM
What do Tiger Woods and baby seals have in common?...

...They both get clubbed by Scandinavians.

...hhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyo!

XU05and07
12-02-2009, 12:55 PM

That's the problem with college athlete stars and 99% of pro athletes, they think they are impervious to all that...they think they can get away with anything and, half the time, the public let them

Edit: And this isn't just athletes but famous people in general...David Letterman comes to mind

PMI
12-02-2009, 12:58 PM

It does seem really stupid, especially now in hindsight. The only thing I can really take away from this is that you never, ever trust a 22 year old girl. How could he have trusted a young chick he was having an affair with? How could he not know she was going to be an attention whore about it at some point? Would he have been better off kidnapping her and having it covered up? These are all questions worth pondering.

Cheesehead
12-02-2009, 01:07 PM
Tiger, if you're going to cheat, at least do it w/ an attractive 22 year old cocktail watiress. That chick is ugly at best. She needs a bag over that face. She must be awesome in bed.

Tiger: you are no longer "The Man".

DC Muskie
12-02-2009, 01:44 PM
This whole story is getting funnier and funnier.

"Hi, ummm, this is Tiger. could you do something with your number and not put your name on it? My wife might be calling you soon. So please do it now. This is Tiger. Tiger Woods. I porked you a few times. Tiger. Thanks, bye."

boozehound
12-02-2009, 01:47 PM
It does seem really stupid, especially now in hindsight. The only thing I can really take away from this is that you never, ever trust a 22 year old girl. How could he have trusted a young chick he was having an affair with? How could he not know she was going to be an attention whore about it at some point? Would he have been better off kidnapping her and having it covered up? These are all questions worth pondering.

He has managed his career and public image very well until recently. It just seems very out of character, not necessarily from a moral standpoint but from a PR standpoint.

XUglow
12-02-2009, 02:17 PM
Tiger, you can't afford to carry a secret cell phone for your other ladies? Dude, leave it in your locker up at the clubhouse. If someone does get on your cell, you control what pops up when they call. Try "Crazy LV Bitch", for example. When Elin says, "What is this 'Crazy LV Bitch' stuff on your phone?" You say, "Oh, that? She's a hostest at this place in Vegas where Stevie and I went to dinner once. She got my number when I called in our reservation. For whatever reason, she has been calling me non-stop since, so I put 'Crazy LV Bitch' on my phone so I would know NOT to answer the phone when she calls. Truth is, I would get her fired, but I don't even know the girl's name." Elin: "Wow. The world is full of crazy people."

PMI
12-02-2009, 03:14 PM
He has managed his career and public image very well until recently. It just seems very out of character, not necessarily from a moral standpoint but from a PR standpoint.

Agreed. I would say up to this point he's done it damn near perfectly. Maybe something positive could come out of this. Maybe now he'll start caring less about his image and start being more "real," perhaps taking firmer stands on issues and such. I remember how poster-boy Kobe was until he was (likely wrongfully) accused. He came back with the attitude of a badass rather than a nice guy and I've liked him a lot more since.

Tiger, you can't afford to carry a secret cell phone for your other ladies? Dude, leave it in your locker up at the clubhouse. If someone does get on your cell, you control what pops up when they call. Try "Crazy LV Bitch", for example. When Elin says, "What is this 'Crazy LV Bitch' stuff on your phone?" You say, "Oh, that? She's a hostest at this place in Vegas where Stevie and I went to dinner once. She got my number when I called in our reservation. For whatever reason, she has been calling me non-stop since, so I put 'Crazy LV Bitch' on my phone so I would know NOT to answer the phone when she calls. Truth is, I would get her fired, but I don't even know the girl's name." Elin: "Wow. The world is full of crazy people."

Seriously. Even the most retarded drug dealers know to get a burner phone for taking care of illegal activities. I'm still shocked Tiger dropped the ball on this. Never trust girls younger than you, especially if you're rich or famous. Their power is truly frightening.

Snipe
12-02-2009, 03:17 PM
Seriously. Even the most retarded drug dealers know to get a burner phone for taking care of illegal activities. I'm still shocked Tiger dropped the ball on this. Never trust girls younger than you, especially if you're rich or famous. Their power is truly frightening.

Never trust any woman not named MOM. And even she can have an agenda.

PMI
12-02-2009, 03:22 PM
Women are naturally vindictive and evil. It's in their nature. They say tis better to give than to receive and women are receivers. All they do is take, take, take. Thank God there are men in this world to balance things out and represent what's good and holy. Even Tiger isn't immune to taking a taste of the forbidden fruit, but I'll be willing to bet it wasn't his idea or initiation. Just saying...

Juice
12-02-2009, 03:22 PM

Or he should have done what my brother does which is to delete every message sent or received as soon as he sends or reads it. It takes a little extra effort but its pretty effective.

PMI
12-02-2009, 03:25 PM
Or he should have done what my brother does which is to delete every message sent or received as soon as he sends or reads it. It takes a little extra effort but its pretty effective.

True, but it's even safer to buy a crappy burner phone at 711 (or in Tiger's case make the girl go in and get it) and use a fake name. If the government ever really needed to investigate someone they can trace back the deleted texts of any of the phones that were ever under your name. I knew someone that learned the hard way.

I could have saved Tiger a lot of trouble and I would've worked for a price he'd find very affordable. What a shame.

Kahns Krazy
12-02-2009, 04:03 PM
Never trust girls younger than you, especially if you're rich or famous. Their power is truly frightening.

Of if you're 18....

Snipe
12-02-2009, 04:32 PM
Women are naturally vindictive and evil. It's in their nature. They say tis better to give than to receive and women are receivers. All they do is take, take, take. Thank God there are men in this world to balance things out and represent what's good and holy. Even Tiger isn't immune to taking a taste of the forbidden fruit, but I'll be willing to bet it wasn't his idea or initiation. Just saying...

It was Eve that tempted Adam. We were driven out of paradise all because of a woman. They are never sastified.

And we do this all for a bloody, hairy, smelly hole that they also piss through. It is an amazing joke the devil played.

bobbiemcgee
12-02-2009, 05:58 PM

He forgot the golden rule: If it flys, fucks or floats: Rent it!!!!!!!!!

Her motivation is easy, he's worth a billion dollars!!!!!!!

Masterofreality
12-02-2009, 07:36 PM
..............a bloody, hairy, smelly hole that they also piss through. It is an amazing joke the devil played.

This would also be the source of "Global Warming."

xudash
12-02-2009, 07:43 PM
It was Eve that tempted Adam. We were driven out of paradise all because of a woman. They are never sastified.

And we do this all for a bloody, hairy, smelly hole that they also piss through. It is an amazing joke the devil played.

I'm going to kindly ask you to sit in the corner (you can have a beer if you want) for ten minutes and consider how you just set back my evening. Then please spend a final minute enjoying me complimenting you on your incredible ability to make a point.

wkrq59
12-02-2009, 09:55 PM
Why blame women? Unless I am sadly mistaken, still (old cliche coming) takes two to tango. All this shows is you can be too big for your britches, as mom used to say. I guarantee you he'll be playing golf with greater purpose. He'll have to to pay Elin, and his paramours. I'll say this, though, he's still the best golfer I've ever seen play. And I've seen em all and talked to most of 'em (except Bobby Jones and Walter Hagen.) And it's neither my prerogative nor my right to judge him as a human being. Unless I'm completely without sin and can call down the lightning. Which I can't.:D:D:D

GuyFawkes38
12-02-2009, 10:10 PM
It's funny how there seems to be major split of opinion on Tiger amongst men and women.

It's hard for me to feel too bad for tiger's wife. Tiger has given you a great life and two great, gentically superior kids. Your husband is on the road 250 days a year. You knew what you were getting into.

D-West & PO-Z
12-02-2009, 11:05 PM
It's funny how there seems to be major split of opinion on Tiger amongst men and women.

It's hard for me to feel too bad for tiger's wife. Tiger has given you a great life and two great, gentically superior kids. Your husband is on the road 250 days a year. You knew what you were getting into.

That is complete bullshit. I hope you dont honestly believe that.

GuyFawkes38
12-02-2009, 11:20 PM
That is complete bullshit. I hope you dont honestly believe that.

It's not just the adultery. I'm sure Elin (I think that's her name) and the kids miss Tiger when he's on the road nearly every night and spends hours on the practice greens.

I'm just saying nothing comes free in life. If you marry someone who earns hundreds of millions through a ridiculous amount of work and stress, there's also a big downside.

D-West & PO-Z
12-03-2009, 01:05 AM
It's not just the adultery. I'm sure Elin (I think that's her name) and the kids miss Tiger when he's on the road nearly every night and spends hours on the practice greens.

I'm just saying nothing comes free in life. If you marry someone who earns hundreds of millions through a ridiculous amount of work and stress, there's also a big downside.

Ya, being cheated on is not supposed to be one of them. Your comments make no sense.

nuts4xu
12-03-2009, 01:07 AM
I have a boner.

Giggity, Giggity!

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/media/photo/2009-12/50817395.jpg

GuyFawkes38
12-03-2009, 01:08 AM
Ya, being cheated on is not supposed to be one of them. Your comments make no sense.

it's sort of ridiculous that you won't admit that there's a higher chance you will be cheated on if you marry Tiger Woods than your common engineer or doctor.

There's no doubt in my mind that Elin thought deeply on the matter before she married Tiger.

D-West & PO-Z
12-03-2009, 01:10 AM
it's sort of ridiculous that you won't admit that there's a higher chance you will be cheated on if you marry Tiger Woods than your common engineer or doctor.

So you are saying you dont feel bad for her because she married Tiger Woods and she should know that he was bound to cheat on her. That is a ridiculous opinion.

GuyFawkes38
12-03-2009, 01:18 AM
So you are saying you dont feel bad for her because she married Tiger Woods and she should know that he was bound to cheat on her. That is a ridiculous opinion.

of course, it must suck.

But I really do think that any rational human being would consider being cheated on by a famous athlete a good possibility. It might sound crude, but the enormous amount of wealth their husbands bring in is a big reason why they decided to marry regardless of the big chance of infidelity.

GuyFawkes38
12-03-2009, 01:24 AM
I guess I have some sympathy for Tiger. Your on the road for a majority of the year. Your tired, Your lonely. Many women offer no strings attached sex.....

I guess I'm sort of a materialist when it comes to this sort of stuff.

D-West & PO-Z
12-03-2009, 01:25 AM
of course, it must suck.

But I really do think that any rational human being would consider being cheated on by a famous athlete a good possibility. It might sound crude, but the enormous amount of wealth their husbands bring in is a big reason why they decided to marry regardless of the big chance of infidelity.

That is a gross generalization. A lot of the women knew their husbands before they ever had their money and even if they dont to say the reason they got married was only because money is a generalization. Some sure. Not matter what though to say you dont feel sorry for someone who was cheated on because they should expect it because their spouse is famous is again, ridiculous.

D-West & PO-Z
12-03-2009, 01:26 AM
I guess I have some sympathy for Tiger. Your on the road for a majority of the year. Your tired, Your lonely. Many women offer no strings attached sex.....

Obviously not.

GuyFawkes38
12-03-2009, 01:29 AM
Obviously not.

regardless, I think Tiger should be judged on a curve. I'm sure there's a lot of fat, ugly married men out there who actively seek and even pay for sex.

Snipe
12-03-2009, 02:18 AM
All Men Watch Porn, Scientists Find
Scientists at the University of Montreal launched a search for men who had never looked at pornography - but couldn't find any.
By Jonathan Liew - Telegraph (UK)

Researchers were conducting a study comparing the views of men in their 20s who had never been exposed to pornography with regular users.

But their project stumbled at the first hurdle when they failed to find a single man who had not been seen it.

“We started our research seeking men in their 20s who had never consumed pornography,” said Professor Simon Louis Lajeunesse. “We couldn't find any.”

Although hampered in its original aim, the study did examined the habits of those young men who used pornography – which would appear to be all of them.

Prof Lajeunesse interviewed 20 heterosexual male university students who consumed pornography, and found on average, they first watched pornography when they were 10 years old.

Around 90 per cent of consumption was on the internet, while 10 per cent of material came from video stores.

Single men watched pornography for an average of 40 minutes, three times a week, while those in relationships watched it 1.7 times a week for around 20 minutes.

The study found that men watched pornography that matched their own image of sexuality, and quickly discarded material they found offensive or distasteful.

Prof Lajeunesse said pornography did not have a negative effect on men's sexuality.

“Not one subject had a pathological sexuality,” he said. “In fact, all of their sexual practices were quite conventional.

“Pornography hasn't changed their perception of women or their relationship, which they all want to be as harmonious and fulfilling as possible,” he added.

Finally some science that we can believe in!

The jury is in, and all of you sinners are porn loving sexist pigs. Sinners!

nuts4xu
12-03-2009, 02:33 AM
The jury is in, and all of you sinners are porn loving sexist pigs. Sinners!

Did you really need documented proof of this? You have seen enough of us miscreants to know we are not the most sinless people to have ever walked the earth.

Exhibit "A"-- Yours Truly. So don't go all Chris Columbus on us.

Thank you Captain Obvious!!!!

Masterofreality
12-03-2009, 06:43 AM

Fawkes, this is the most ridiculous stuff you've ever spewed on here. This , on a messageboard that has to do with Xavier University that has tried to teach all of us as to having a moral compass?

My friend, I'm on the road a lot. I know for a fact that Q, when he was a sportswriter, was on the road a lot. I can tell you A) That I'm no prude, B) I don't mind going to bars, restaurants and the occasional gentlemen's club during my business trips. C) I have never cheated on my wife in 36 years of marriage. Gentlemen's clubs? I watch, drink and enjoy the view, no lapdance.

There have been opportunities, trust me, and Q has said the same about his past experiences. It comes down to a conscious decision, remembering what you promised and what is really important long term, no matter how many years ago it was that those committments were made.

I have no sympathy for Mr. Woods. I do for his wife. To me, this is the same thing as a coach who makes committments and promises then just decides to break all of them when the next big chance comes along. "Gimme, gimme now. Screw the consequences."

It's easy to have remorse after you get caught. How about having the presence of mind, integrity and moral strength of character to not do it in the first place?

GuyFawkes38
12-03-2009, 10:19 AM
Yeah, lets say Derek Jeter has a girlfriend who he cheated on (I'm sure it has happened).

Of course, I have more sympathy for Tiger's wife than Derek Jeter's girlfriend. Tiger made a much more formal agreement, including 2 kids.

But that being said, they are both Tiger Woods and Derek Jeter.

yes, MOR, points taken.

PMI
12-03-2009, 10:26 AM

Yes, some women offer no strings attached sex which in reality means: Strings attached sex. Most guys find this truth out when they're about half Tiger's age. It is very surprising that Tiger would believe that a 22 year old ho would stay true to her word about that. I'm not going to act like I have the right to be a moral judge of anyone, but from a pure intelligence/good decision making standpoint, Tiger dropped the ball if he really believed that and moreover did a very shitty job of protecting his secret.

PMI
12-03-2009, 10:27 AM
Yeah, lets say Derek Jeter has a girlfriend who he cheated on (I'm sure it has happened).

Of course, I have more sympathy for Tiger's wife than Derek Jeter's girlfriend. Tiger made a much more formal agreement, including 2 kids.

But that being said, they are both Tiger Woods and Derek Jeter.

yes, MOR, points taken.

Derek Jeter could be the smartest great athlete on the planet for avoiding the marriage debacle. He keeps himself in a position where he can run around with whoever he wants and can't reasonably be judged for it.

GuyFawkes38
12-03-2009, 10:28 AM
Earlier I said I was a materialist when it came to this sort of stuff. I like this tweet from Jason Whitlock on the situation:

Rick Reilly thinks Tiger thinks he's Superman and that's y he cheated. How bout simple blood flow to his midsection?

I think it goes far beyond being on the road, which MOR speaks of. It's really, really, really hot women throwing themselves at you.

Just another example: I really don't blame alcoholics and those that get involved with drugs. It's the same sort of thing. A combo of the environment/gentics kicks something awful into motion.

XUglow
12-03-2009, 10:38 AM
Levity...

Q. What is the difference between a golf ball and an SUV?

A. Tiger can drive a golf ball over 300 yards.

When the police asked Elin how many times she hit Tiger with the golf club, she said, "I don't know. Let's see. 5, 6, hmmm..., put me down for a 5."

I hear Phil Mickelson called Elin for advice about beating Tiger.

Tardy Turtle
12-03-2009, 10:51 AM
i guess i'm sort of a colossal douchebag when it comes to this sort of stuff.

FYP (one two three four five six seven eight nine ten eleven twelve)

chico
12-03-2009, 11:06 AM
Fawkes, this is the most ridiculous stuff you've ever spewed on here. This , on a messageboard that has to do with Xavier University that has tried to teach all of us as to having a moral compass?

My friend, I'm on the road a lot. I know for a fact that Q, when he was a sportswriter, was on the road a lot. I can tell you A) That I'm no prude, B) I don't mind going to bars, restaurants and the occasional gentlemen's club during my business trips. C) I have never cheated on my wife in 36 years of marriage. Gentlemen's clubs? I watch, drink and enjoy the view, no lapdance.

There have been opportunities, trust me, and Q has said the same about his past experiences. It comes down to a conscious decision, remembering what you promised and what is really important long term, no matter how many years ago it was that those committments were made.

I have no sympathy for Mr. Woods. I do for his wife. To me, this is the same thing as a coach who makes committments and promises then just decides to break all of them when the next big chance comes along. "Gimme, gimme now. Screw the consequences."

It's easy to have remorse after you get caught. How about having the presence of mind, integrity and moral strength of character to not do it in the first place?

Exactly. I remember Billy Graham once said he was constantly tempted. The way he avoided it was to always go somewhere with a friend - that way he was never in a situation alone where his weakness would get the best of him. (Of course, this does not work if your last name is Pitino, but you get the drift).

The best way to avoid a bad situation is to never put yourself in position to be in the situation in the first place.

xudash
12-03-2009, 12:19 PM

I back this up 100%. Guy, you really need to consider the nature of this site. It's not my place or anyone else's place to judge you for your various dispositions, but you should consider the ramifications of 'sharing' some of the stuff that fires out of your head before you post here.

As far as Tiger goes, the one thing we know is this: he is a global figure, so there may now be around 6 billion opinions formed or in the process of being formed on all this. All those opinions will fall into group's ranging from 'no big deal' to 'he is scum.'

Frankly, I, too, feel sorry for Elin, especially having listened to the report this morning about the current effort that apparenty is taking place to renegotiate their prenup. Dollars and time (i.e. vesting) were involved in the orginal deal (stay in it for 10 years and $20 million is wired to an account under her control). Woods now is trying to adjust both to keep her on board - more dollars with a shorter vesting period. IT COULD BE THAT, as far as she is concerned, IT IS MORE OF A BUSINESS DEAL THAN A MARRIAGE AT THIS POINT, given what is at stake in terms of his image as juxtaposed against his sponsorship/brand value and given the nature of these seemingly repeated transgressions.

Without question, Woods had handled himself or was effectively handled and protected for about 13 years. That was a hell of a run for someone as famous as him. For those that can separate the man's sport from the man, he may still move forward through the remarkable distractions he will now face to catch Jack's number. But he'll do it knowing that Jack never soiled himself in Barbara's eyes. I don't know if that leads to an asterik or not in today's society.

BENWAR
12-03-2009, 12:42 PM
Did you hear that Tiger has a new nickname?

It will be either Cheetah or Lion.

Juice
12-03-2009, 12:54 PM
http://www.wwtdd.com/2009/12/tiger-is-buying-everyone-off/

Looks like El Tigre is buying all the hoes off.

GoMuskies
12-03-2009, 01:09 PM
http://www.break.com/games/tiger-woods-wife-outrun.html

You're welcome.

GuyFawkes38
12-03-2009, 01:28 PM
I don't think I've written anything shocking. I'm not condoning Tiger's actions. What he did was wrong.

I'm just saying that we all don't live on an even moral plane when it comes to this. It's much, much harder for Tiger to stay faithful than the other 99.9% of the population. And it's sort of tiring to hear people use this event as a vehicle to feel self-righteous.

xudash
12-03-2009, 01:59 PM

This requires no response.

xudash
12-03-2009, 01:59 PM

xudash
12-03-2009, 02:00 PM

There's no doubt in my mind that Elin thought deeply on the matter before she married Tiger.

xudash
12-03-2009, 02:01 PM

And this one took the cake.

xudash
12-03-2009, 02:05 PM
When it comes to your posts, we're not being self-righteous about Tiger. We're focused on what you have chosen to post here.

What you have posted isn't shocking, which, in a relative way, would be a compliment in your case. Your posts are providing some insight into your soul or at least your moral compass.

Relativity and situational ethics must rule your world. Good for you.

XUglow
12-03-2009, 02:18 PM
http://www.break.com/games/tiger-woods-wife-outrun.html

You're welcome.

That is fun. Good find.

Fred Garvin
12-03-2009, 03:32 PM
I was being wooed by Bill Salinger (of the JD and Pierre Salingers), and they set up a golf date in San Francisco with Bill, Rick Barry, and a 17 year old Tiger. Before we tee off, Willie McCovery shows up and says that he wants to play with Rick Barry,

I don't believe JD Salinger and Pierre Salinger to be related.

Masterofreality
12-03-2009, 04:46 PM
Why did Tiger hit a fire plug and then a tree?

'Cause he couldn't decide- iron or wood.

Juice
12-03-2009, 05:14 PM
1. Tiger’s new movie is out: Crouching Tiger, Hidden Hydrant.

2. Apparently the police asked Tiger’s wife how many times she hit him. She said “I don’t know exactly… but put me down for a 5.”

3. Tiger Woods is so rich that he owns lots of expensive cars. Now he has a hole-in-one.

4. What’s the difference between a car and a golf ball? Tiger can drive a ball 400 yards……..

5. What were Tiger Woods and his wife doing out at 2.30 in the morning? They went clubbing

Kahns Krazy
12-03-2009, 05:16 PM

I think this is where the whole internet legend that is XUGlow starts to unravel. I got five bucks that says it's X-Band's alter ego.

GuyFawkes38
12-03-2009, 07:55 PM
When it comes to your posts, we're not being self-righteous about Tiger. We're focused on what you have chosen to post here.

What you have posted isn't shocking, which, in a relative way, would be a compliment in your case. Your posts are providing some insight into your soul or at least your moral compass.

Relativity and situational ethics must rule your world. Good for you.

I really do wish I lived in a world which you and MOR describe. In such a blank slate world, if your taught morality and ethics you should be able to make good decisions throughout life.

I just don't buy it. There's many factors that we have no control over which influence our decisions (genetics, environment, etc...). That's not to say that we should throw morality away. It's just that sometimes it's not enough.

xudash
12-03-2009, 08:00 PM
I really do wish I lived in a world which you and MOR describe. In such a blank slate world, if your taught morality and ethics you should be able to make good decisions throughout life.

I just don't buy it. There's many factors that we have no control over which influence our decisions (genetics, environment, etc...). That's not to say that we should throw morality away. It's just that sometimes it's not enough.

Free will is a.......

GuyFawkes38
12-03-2009, 09:15 PM
Free will is a.......

I'd imagine that those who believe that man has absolute or a strong free will are miserable people.

waggy
12-03-2009, 09:42 PM
My view is that men who have been/are faithful are blessed by The Lord for the good work he does thru them. They should boast of The Lords work done thru them, and not claim sole credit.

Juice
12-03-2009, 09:52 PM
Jesus this thread is heading in a different direction. I thought it was supposed to be about tits and ass.

GuyFawkes38
12-03-2009, 10:49 PM
Jesus this thread is heading in a different direction. I thought it was supposed to be about tits and ass.

Ha, very true.

SixFig
12-04-2009, 12:07 AM
I'm thinking Tiger's in line to win the Grand Slam after this. If A-Rod and Kobe won titles after being dragged through the #### (Kobe for rape of all things) and come out smelling like roses than Tiger's all set.

X-band '01
12-04-2009, 06:45 AM
Why did Tiger hit a fire plug and then a tree?

'Cause he couldn't decide- iron or wood.

This is going to put a whole new touch on "Tiger pulls out the 3-wood."

XUglow
12-04-2009, 07:30 AM

They are cousins. I didn't ask. I just had assumed first cousins by the way Bill talked. Bill and Pierre grew up in the SF Bay Area. Bill was older... closer to JD's age. JD grew up in New York. Peter Lieberman was friend's with JD when he grew up in NY. His family moved to SF, and Peter ended up in Danville, my home town, and we eventually became neighbors. On a visit to the west coast, JD brought Bill out to Peter's house which is how Peter and Bill became friends. I cannot substantiate any of this other than finding information that JD dated Oona O'Neill, Eugene O'Neill's daughter. Euguene O'Neill lived in Danville when all of the Bill, Peter, JD, Oona stuff was taking place. That's my story, and I am sticking with it.

XUglow
12-04-2009, 07:41 AM
I think this is where the whole internet legend that is XUGlow starts to unravel. I got five bucks that says it's X-Band's alter ego.

I will send you an address via PM for the $5. Thanks.

BandAid
12-04-2009, 08:30 AM

I'd imagine that those who believe that man has absolute or a strong free will are miserable people.

You are suggesting most decisions are reduced to "genetics, environment, etc." and that man does not have an "absolute or a strong free will". So, is it even possible to hold a man accountable for his actions?

nuts4xu
12-04-2009, 09:10 AM

http://xclips.org/wp-content/uploads/milky-big-boobs.jpghttp://thedude.com/images/nice_bum.jpg

muckem muckem
12-04-2009, 09:25 AM
Guy, come clean. Who are you, really.

On a side note, par for this hole looks like $500,000,000.00.

Smails
12-04-2009, 09:30 AM
Aww hell....there goes Nuts again. Circa 2006

bobbiemcgee
12-04-2009, 09:42 AM
If Elin decides to stay with him for the 5 million, the morality question goes out the window. Just pay me per ho, please.

xudash
12-04-2009, 10:06 AM
If Elin decides to stay with him for the 5 million, the morality question goes out the window. Just pay me per ho, please.

You're probably right. The problem is that there is one key thing here that is none of anyone's business except for Tiger and Elin: were they truly in love when they first met? In her case, did she look at this guy and see someone that she would be happily married to forever without seeing dollar signs, or was she thinking that she could engineer a lottery ticket in the form of a pre-nup and otherwise see where the marriage went from there.

I don't know her and I don't know him so I'll not be offering a judgemental comment about any of that.

When it is all said and done, Tiger's image will suffer, but he'll be okay with the majority of fans over time, especially if:

No further damaging revelations are made (e.g. the message left on the answering machine was almost creepy - here you have this huge public figure doing something that is truly stupid and you can hear him doing it);
He keeps winning tournaments;
Public opinion in today's society remains forgiving, which it will for him; and
They find a way to stay together for reasons not having to do with money.

Where he will forever be hurt is from those people who would prefer to see him fail: they have abundant amunition to always remind us of what recently happened. The TMZ crowd, a less-than-classy fan yelling at him during a tournament, or a hostile sports reporter are examples of the kind of people that populate this group. Otherwise, he has given comedians substantial material as well.

One key good piece of news for Tiger is what the politicians know: in a world that consumes 24x7 news through countless outlets, some, actually many new things will pop up and eventually move him off the front page, as they say.

Like anything else, it will fade, but it will never go away, and never going away is the biggest price he'll have to pay for all this when it comes to how history will write him up.

XUglow
12-04-2009, 11:07 AM
Reps, Dash, for the good post. Reporters that have no business at a golf tournament are going to show up and ask dumb questions for a while. I don't know if the PGA can fully restrict that access, but Tiger will have to deal with it for a while.

We don't know that Elin is trying to get money to stay. She may be trying to get money so she can bail. News flash... he has plenty of it. She may be trying to punish him. She wants $5M. He makes that in less than a month.

Jasper is getting pretty vocal about Tiger. I think he is genuinely pissed. It is going to be interesting to see how Tiger deals with other pros that speak out against him.

XU05and07
12-04-2009, 11:19 AM
Reps, Dash, for the good post. Reporters that have no business at a golf tournament are going to show up and ask dumb questions for a while. I don't know if the PGA can fully restrict that access, but Tiger will have to deal with it for a while.

We don't know that Elin is trying to get money to stay. She may be trying to get money so she can bail. News flash... he has plenty of it. She may be trying to punish him. She wants $5M. He makes that in less than a month.

Jasper is getting pretty vocal about Tiger. I think he is genuinely pissed. It is going to be interesting to see how Tiger deals with other pros that speak out against him.

You could agrue that those reporters have been employed by ESPN for years...talk about sports, stay away from gossip

I saw this some where else and I liked it...so I will repeat it here. "They should rename the channel ESPTMZN"

bobbiemcgee
12-04-2009, 12:01 PM
Scott Boras has been retained by Elin Woods. He is asking for a 7 yr. deal of 500 million for her to remain Tiger's wife and arm candy. She will earn a 25 million bonus for not confronting any ho's during this period. The ho's will also be represented by Boras and will earn signing bonuses. Draft to be held soon.

GuyFawkes38
12-04-2009, 06:07 PM
I like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEkomaBTppY

It really humanizes the entire situation.

bobbiemcgee
12-05-2009, 03:56 PM
Daaammmmnnn! This lastest #4 ho may be the best looking:

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://b9.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/00799/94/95/799205949_m.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.myspace.com/msmarch&usg=__YfeqMkS-NuR2aWh68Co0oQWFe44=&h=286&w=170&sz=40&hl=en&start=5&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=IJ7usvZXnhunYM:&tbnh=115&tbnw=68&prev=/images%3Fq%3Djamie%2Bjungers%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1T4 ADBF_enUS267US267%26sa%3DN%26um%3D1

two more tmrw.....geez....6 hunnies?

golfitup
12-06-2009, 02:35 PM
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/34288353/ns/sports-golf/

this is insane to me

GuyFawkes38
12-06-2009, 03:29 PM
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/34288353/ns/sports-golf/

this is insane to me

yeah, that's been going on for a while now. Tiger Woods drives a fraction of the African American community crazy.

I know someone in that piece uses the example of jews pressuring other jews to marry jews as the same sort of thing as what many in the African American community believe.

Pressure within religious communities to marry within seems sort of reasonable (marriage is a religious act). On the other hand, pressure to keep marriage within racial groups seems sort of Nazi like.

Tiger comes from a mixed marriage. Does anyone really expect him to be anti-mixed marriage.

Juice
12-06-2009, 04:10 PM
yeah, that's been going on for a while now. Tiger Woods drives a fraction of the African American community crazy.

I know someone in that piece uses the example of jews pressuring other jews to marry jews as the same sort of thing as what many in the African American community believe.

Pressure within religious communities to marry within seems sort of reasonable (marriage is a religious act). On the other hand, pressure to keep marriage within racial groups seems sort of Nazi like.

Tiger comes from a mixed marriage. Does anyone really expect him to be anti-mixed marriage.

Tiger is stealing all of our white women.

bobbiemcgee
12-06-2009, 04:12 PM

Ever been to Costa Rica? 500 yrs of race mixing....black, white, asian, spanish, aztecs, etc., etc. People are white, tan and caramel color.

Oddly enough, they seem to get along with each other.

Juice
12-06-2009, 04:35 PM
Another girl has come out. She is an absolute dog. I wouldn't mess around with this chick on a bad night. For as good looking as his wife is, Tiger has found some ugly women to bang.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1233559/Tiger-Woods-8-hour-diner-waitress-deal-kept-affair-news.html

wkrq59
12-06-2009, 04:40 PM
let he who is without....

D-West & PO-Z
12-06-2009, 04:44 PM
Another girl has come out. She is an absolute dog. I wouldn't mess around with this chick on a bad night. For as good looking as his wife is, Tiger has found some ugly women to bang.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1233559/Tiger-Woods-8-hour-diner-waitress-deal-kept-affair-news.html

I would be very surprised if Tiger didnt have a sex addiction. To cheat of your wife, who you have two kids with, with this many women and ones that look like that, he has to have an addiction. He might even come out and admit it and say he is getting help if all this keeps up.

bobbiemcgee
12-06-2009, 05:18 PM
I would be very surprised if Tiger didnt have a sex addiction. To cheat of your wife, who you have two kids with, with this many women and ones that look like that, he has to have an addiction. He might even come out and admit it and say he is getting help if all this keeps up.

I don't believe in sex addiction. I've never seen someone go into the DT's cuz he couldn't get laid. Every kid I hung out with from 16 to 25 was apparently a sex addict, cuz we never passed up an opportunity to get laid.

D-West & PO-Z
12-06-2009, 05:47 PM
I don't believe in sex addiction. I've never seen someone go into the DT's cuz he couldn't get laid. Every kid I hung out with from 16 to 25 was apparently a sex addict, cuz we never passed up an opportunity to get laid.

It is most certainly a real thing. There are people who cannot control themselves and become preoccupied with sex to the extent that they ruin their lives, lose their jobs and their family. Why risk your marriage to a swedish supermodel and your relationship with your two kids? I am not saying he definitely does and if he does it doesnt make him less responsible but sex addiction is definitely real.

waggy
12-06-2009, 06:05 PM
There is no question the man has a sickness. And a preoccupation with sex is really rooted in self glorification - glorifying the person over glorifying God. It's the great lie at work in the world - especially the western world.

bobbiemcgee
12-06-2009, 07:21 PM
It is most certainly a real thing. There are people who cannot control themselves and become preoccupied with sex to the extent that they ruin their lives, lose their jobs and their family. Why risk your marriage to a swedish supermodel and your relationship with your two kids? I am not saying he definitely does and if he does it doesnt make him less responsible but sex addiction is definitely real.

I think it's baloney. Didn't exist 50 yrs. ago but now with 24 hr porn available and craigslist it's a problem. Free Will. Same with the poor old obese children whose parents let then veg out and never go outside. The NFL has to run ads to tell them to go play. Sick.

"The treatment is quite effective and is being used all over the world. It is simple: the client is shown a picture of Sandra Bernhard repeatedly and one is placed in his room. The hallways are full of them, etc. The cure is rather rapid."

BTW, what is the treatment....no more sex?

D-West & PO-Z
12-06-2009, 07:35 PM
I think it's baloney. Didn't exist 50 yrs. ago but now with 24 hr porn available and craigslist it's a problem. Free Will. Same with the poor old obese children whose parents let then veg out and never go outside. The NFL has to run ads to tell them to go play. Sick.

"The treatment is quite effective and is being used all over the world. It is simple: the client is shown a picture of Sandra Bernhard repeatedly and one is placed in his room. The hallways are full of them, etc. The cure is rather rapid."

Lots of things didnt exist 50 years ago. Just because it wasnt recognized doesnt mean it didnt exist. I recommend you read up on the subject before you dismiss it. Psychologists and doctors all over the world conclude sex addiction is real.

"It's not about hormones or being horny. It's about using the excitement of sexual interaction to induce the neurochemical high that all addicts seek," says Robert Weiss, head of sexual addiction programming at the Life Healing Center in Sante Fe, N.M.

D-West & PO-Z
12-06-2009, 07:38 PM

For a time sure.

"How can sex addiction be treated?

"One common way would be -- if you have the money, the time, and the ability -- to check into rehab. The reason David probably did that is because he needs to detox."

And to do that, says Kerner, someone has to "cut it off, cold turkey. You know, you go cold turkey, you combine it with counseling. You look at, really, what are the triggers? For many men, it's not a desire to have sex that leads to sex addiction, it's a desire to escape, to escape anxiety, stress, depression, issues. So, (one would) look at those situations that trigger the behavior and to start to be able to regulate and control it." "

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/09/02/earlyshow/health/main4406354.shtml

GoMuskies
12-06-2009, 09:02 PM
I doubt Tiger's a sex addict. My guess is that he's just kind of a socially inept jackass.

Juice
12-06-2009, 09:44 PM
I doubt Tiger's a sex addict. My guess is that he's just kind of a socially inept jackass.

I agree. I think he has the Michael Phelps disease which is being a huge nerd when they were younger and then becoming rich and famous and not knowing what the hell to do.

bobbiemcgee
12-07-2009, 10:13 AM
where does he find the time?

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2009/12/06/2009-12-06_untitled__06lede.html

MADXSTER
12-07-2009, 10:18 AM
For as good looking as his wife is, Tiger has found some ugly women to bang.

Just because you can have steak every night, doesn't mean that you wouldn't mind having a hamburger every once in a while. :D

bobbiemcgee
12-07-2009, 10:42 AM
Just because you can have steak every night, doesn't mean that you wouldn't mind having a hamburger every once in a while. :D

Yeah, when I get tired of Capital Grille, I go for bag of white castles!! LOL

XUglow
12-07-2009, 10:43 AM
I don't think that he has a sex addiction. He was probably more into "the hunt" than anything else. I would be willing to bet that he and Stevie are both big "***** hounds". He was just out living the Entourage lifestyle. The problem is that Tiger is married.

I also would guess that the number is closer to 60 than 6.

drudy23
12-07-2009, 11:25 AM
Funny headline on MSNBC this morning talking about the possibility of Tiger going on Oprah:

"Tiger to do Oprah?"

Oprah too?

MADXSTER
12-07-2009, 11:47 AM
Yeah, when I get tired of Capital Grille, I go for bag of white castles!! LOL

If Elin is looking for some White Castles, I'll gladly volunteer.

Snipe
12-07-2009, 11:52 AM
Funny headline on MSNBC this morning talking about the possibility of Tiger going on Oprah:

"Tiger to do Oprah?"

Oprah too?

For the Love of God! The man has a problem.

bobbiemcgee
12-07-2009, 12:00 PM
I don't think that he has a sex addiction. He was probably more into "the hunt" than anything else. I would be willing to bet that he and Stevie are both big "***** hounds". He was just out living the Entourage lifestyle. The problem is that Tiger is married.

I also would guess that the number is closer to 60 than 6.

He's going for Wilt's record!!!!!!!

DC Muskie
12-08-2009, 08:03 AM
Which one in Tiger's entourage is turtle?

Raoul Duke
12-08-2009, 08:06 AM
Which one in Tiger's entourage is turtle?

Definitely Sergio.

GoMuskies
12-08-2009, 08:12 AM
I'm not going to pointlessly speculate about what happened at Tiger's house this morning, but the other news coming out on this today is interesting. So the police suspected Tiger of DUI? And somehow did not get a blood sample after he was found passed out, snoring in the street after wrecking into a fire hydrant and a tree? Even after he was taken to the hospital? Tiger must have the greatest lawyer in the world.

GuyFawkes38
12-08-2009, 08:30 AM
I'm not going to pointlessly speculate about what happened at Tiger's house this morning, but the other news coming out on this today is interesting. So the police suspected Tiger of DUI? And somehow did not get a blood sample after he was found passed out, snoring in the street after wrecking into a fire hydrant and a tree? Even after he was taken to the hospital? Tiger must have the greatest lawyer in the world.

So the cops can't force Tiger to take a breathalyzer or blood test on the accident scene. At the hospital can they? Can the police department force the hospital to give Tiger a blood alcohol test? I'm not sure, but it seems like there would be some legal barriers.

It seems like Tiger was acting within his rights.

XUglow
12-08-2009, 08:31 AM
Since this is pointless speculation, we should be thinking about what happened this morning at John Daly's... er... I mean, Tiger's house.

GuyFawkes38
12-08-2009, 07:03 PM
wow, it was real classy of ESPN to air Tiger's wife's 911 call. Unbelievable. I miss the days when sportscenter was good (yet I still watch it because they have no competition....come on fox/cnn/cbs etc.)

XUglow
12-09-2009, 08:51 AM
Let's see...

- Elin just purchased a house in Sweden. Probably a coincidence.
- There were dents in the car from a golf club. Apparently Elin wasn't very accurate when she was trying to break the back window to rescue him.
- So Elin ran into the road, and he had to swerve to avoid hitting her. That would explain a lot. I think she was just trying to return the 3-iron that he left behind.
- Woods had a few marks on his face that weren't consistent with a car crash. No idea how that happened.

On Tiger's Jack Nicklaus score sheet.

Crazy Episodes - Tiger 1 Jack 0

GoMuskies
12-15-2009, 12:52 PM
Tiger's a juicer.

D-West & PO-Z
12-15-2009, 12:57 PM
Tiger's a juicer.

Did anyone have a doubt?

DC Muskie
12-15-2009, 01:14 PM
This just gets better by the minute.

Snipe
12-15-2009, 01:40 PM
Tiger's a juicer.

That guy cheats at everything.

Oh how the mighty have fallen. He had to be the #1 guy in the world. I don't think anyone was more admired.

I am worried about his health. He went from most popular guy in the world to jeez it sucks to be you in a very short time. That would be tough to deal with. I hope he doesn't do anything drastic. With time and some charitable work all of this will fade and he will still have hundreds of millions.

Kahns Krazy
12-15-2009, 01:48 PM
I don't know that it sucks to be Tiger. He's got a long long way to fall before it sucks to be him.

I think it's hilarious that the Tiger camp would even use the word "principles" when attacking back at the media reporting about Tiger. If you knew what principles were, you wouldn't have had 14 mistresses.

I don't care that you did, or that you got caught about it. Just don't get all high and mighty from that gutter you're picking up whores in.

Snipe
12-15-2009, 01:56 PM
I am just concerned about his mental state. It doesn't suck to be Tiger if he can make it out of this without doing something drastic. It has to be tough when the whole world seems to be piling on. And if it comes out that he cheated with steroids and hgh he is about to be discredited. It makes me sad because I admired him. And he probably deserves every bit of it. It just seems like everyday the story gets worse.

I just don't want to see a headline that Tiger Woods has died in a drunken high speed car crash or something like that. He needs to rebuild his life and use all that money for a tremendous redemption story. We love putting heros on pedestals, then we like tearing them down to size, and then we like the redemption stories too.

I don't know what would happen to all of his golf titles if it comes out that he has been cheating and taking steriods and hgh.

xubball93
12-15-2009, 05:54 PM
No disrespect guys, but I am so sick of Tiger Woods coverage. I wish he would just go away.

QueensbridgeMF
12-15-2009, 06:54 PM
Snipe you admired Tiger, that is sad. I always thought he was a prick and never cared that he could swing a club. I'm glad he's going down the tubes a bit, but I'm sure he'll be fine in the end. Letterman, Kobe etc. the media/public will forgive/forget eventually as long as your names not OJ and you murdered 2 people.
And the whining about media and privacy would be laughable were it not insulting. You want to be a public figure and make boatloads of cash doing it, you should expect attention good and bad. I didn't here him complaining when people were writing how great he was and how many tour events he was winning.

X-band '01
12-16-2009, 11:25 AM
No disrespect guys, but I am so sick of Tiger Woods coverage. I wish he would just go away.

Can't disagree with that.

Jumpy
12-16-2009, 11:51 AM
Can't disagree with that.

That is some funny stuff right there.

XUglow
12-18-2009, 08:36 AM
'Twas the night of Thanksgiving and out of the house
Tiger Woods came a flyin', chased by his spouse.
She wielded a nine iron and wasn't too merry,
Cause a bimbo’s phone number was in his Blackberry.

He’d been cheatin' on Elin, and the story progressed.
Woman after woman stepped up and confessed.
He’d been cheatin’ with Holly, and Jaimee, and Cori,
With Joselyn, and Kalika. The world had the story.

From the top of the Tour to the basement of blues,
Tiger’s sad sordid tale was all over the news.
With hostesses, waitresses, he had lots of sex,
When not in their pants, he was sendin' them texts.

Despite all his cryin’ and beggin' and pleadin',
Tiger’s wife went investin' -- a new home in Sweden.
And I heard her exclaim from her white Escalade,
"If you’re gettin' lucky, then I’m gettin'paid."

She’s not pouting, in fact, she is of jolly good cheer,
Her prenup made Christmas come early this year.

GuyFawkes38
12-18-2009, 08:48 AM
If the Tiger Woods juicing story continues to grow, the entire Tiger affair will probably be the story of the decade. I think it warrants coverage.

JimCoker
12-18-2009, 09:17 AM
XUGlow, your poetry made my day!

XUglow
12-18-2009, 12:00 PM
Elin is not wearing her ring. Sources say 100% chance she is getting a divorce. I am guessing Tiger comes back sooner than later if she does dump him. He will have no family to repair. He can then start dodging juicing rumors.

I am guessing that his doctor will be offered a plea for naming names. Let's see how that works out.

Masterofreality
12-18-2009, 01:13 PM
Elin is not wearing her ring. Sources say 100% chance she is getting a divorce. I am guessing Tiger comes back sooner than later if she does dump him. He will have no family to repair. He can then start dodging juicing rumors.

I am guessing that his doctor will be offered a plea for naming names. Let's see how that works out.

I believe she's headed to that Swedish island that is inaccessible by land. She'll have her kids, nanny and a boat load of jack.

When Tiger comes back, look out golf tour. He'll be so focused and pissed that he'll be mashing everything.....That is if he doesn't turn back into a 98 pound weakling after the 'roids wear off.:p

XUglow
12-21-2009, 04:34 PM
Orlando - The PGA announced this week that Ellen Nordegren moved to the top of the money list this past month after beating the world's #1 golfer in an event near their home in late November. Nordegren managed the feat with only one club. The beating left Tiger speechless immediately after the event, but he noted on his website later that he was fully to blame for what happened mostly because he played several wrong holes.

X-band '01
12-22-2009, 08:47 AM
Orlando - The PGA announced this week that Ellen Nordegren moved to the top of the money list this past month after beating the world's #1 golfer in an event near their home in late November. Nordegren managed the feat with only one club. The beating left Tiger speechless immediately after the event, but he noted on his website later that he was fully to blame for what happened mostly because he played several wrong holes.

That may be the post of the year on this board.

bobbiemcgee
12-22-2009, 11:26 AM
He has a new deal with Trojan....theme will be "Got Wood'?

Kahns Krazy
12-22-2009, 12:03 PM
I believe she's headed to that Swedish island that is inaccessible by land.

I think that is fairly redundant. Also, you've said the same thing twice.

GuyFawkes38
12-22-2009, 12:38 PM
So Tiger decided to spend the holiday on his private boat in the Bahamas with some fellow PGA tour golfers.

Like I said earlier this thread, lets not feel too bad for Tiger, Elin, or even their kids (who I'm sure will be brought up in amazing schools, spend time with both Tiger and Elin, and be financially set for life).

D-West & PO-Z
12-22-2009, 12:40 PM
So Tiger decided to spend the holiday on his private boat in the Bahamas with some fellow PGA tour golfers.

Like I said earlier this thread, lets not feel too bad for Tiger, Elin, or even their kids (who I'm sure will be brought up in amazing schools, spend time with both Tiger and Elin, and be financially set for life).

I dont think anyone feels bad for Tiger.

I absolutely feel bad for his wife and two kids though.

GuyFawkes38
12-22-2009, 12:53 PM
yeah, I guess I feel a bit bad for the kids.

XUglow
12-22-2009, 01:03 PM
I think that is fairly redundant. Also, you've said the same thing twice.

KK, The Dane is from Bornholm Island, which is part of Denmark despite the geography. It is an island, but you can walk to Sweden in many winters. Maybe MOR was thinking about Baltic freezing.

http://www.koford.net/~lorna/baltic-map.gif

blobfan
12-22-2009, 01:56 PM
That may be the post of the year on this board.

Agreed.

jcubspoe
12-23-2009, 11:14 AM
So the cops can't force Tiger to take a breathalyzer or blood test on the accident scene. At the hospital can they? Can the police department force the hospital to give Tiger a blood alcohol test? I'm not sure, but it seems like there would be some legal barriers.

It seems like Tiger was acting within his rights.

This is one funny thread guys...found myself laughing out loud numerous times.

Guy, I'll answer this for you. No, Tiger does not nor is he required to give blood, breath or urine at the scene of the accident or at the hospital. I only know Ohio law but anyone suspected of a DUI has the right to REFUSE any tests, including field sobriety tests. Here's how a typical DUI works: Cop gets behind a driver at 2:30am and watches car swerve all over the road, crossing double lines then car blows a red light. Cop has enough reasonable suspicion, in fact has enough probable cause, to pull car over and investigate and at least issue a couple of routine traffic tickets. Upon approaching car, cop smells strong odor of alcohol and sees 6 empty beer cans on the floorboard. Now there's enough to investigate for a DUI. In fact there's enough to make an arrest right then and there with zero field sobriety tests being done. The driver has every right to refuse and can sign a refusal form and take their chances in court that they'll beat the police officer's testimony in court. Most citizens will lose in court and face the consequences of a DUI at the hands of a judge. IF you refuse your license WILL BE suspended for one year. If you lose in court, it will suspended anyway.

Basically, only take a test if you know for a fact that you will beat it on the scene. It still doesn't guarantee that you won't be taken to jail that night based on the observations (probable cause) of the officer but it will save you in court. If you know for a fact you will fail the test, probably should refuse it anyway. Tiger, and everyone else, has every right to refuse the tests.

MADXSTER
01-12-2010, 03:41 PM
http://www.atom.com/fun_games/tiger_woods_defense/?xrs=eml_121709

Okay, I scored a 45 on my first time out.

30 on my 2nd attempt

eXdrummer
01-12-2010, 04:29 PM
Pretty humerous game.

I actually got 28 first try and 13 second. The one with 25 mph wind was a lot easier the second time...

Jumpy
01-13-2010, 06:37 AM
Nice find on the game, madxster. I got a 23 my first try, and was doing well my second game (four hos in one to start) but the next two hos made the truck. then my boss walked in.

D-West & PO-Z
01-13-2010, 10:23 PM

I hate to go all GuyFawkes here, but after Tiger has checked into rehab at a place that has treated other celebritys, like David Duchovny and Eric Benet, for sex addiction, I am going to pat myself on the back.

Raoul Duke
01-14-2010, 10:28 AM
I, too, have a sex addiction.

XUglow
01-14-2010, 10:35 AM
I, too, have a sex addiction.

If a tree falls in a forest, and no one is around to hear it, does it make a noise?

BandAid
01-14-2010, 10:47 AM
If a tree falls in a forest, and no one is around to hear it, does it make a noise?

Psychology says no. Common sense says psychology is full of crap.

Kahns Krazy
01-14-2010, 11:46 AM
KK, The Dane is from Bornholm Island, which is part of Denmark despite the geography. It is an island, but you can walk to Sweden in many winters. Maybe MOR was thinking about Baltic freezing.

http://www.koford.net/~lorna/baltic-map.gif

That looks like at least 20 miles, across ice. You are incorrect, I can not walk that.