PDA

View Full Version : Dance Card

waggy
01-29-2008, 04:49 PM
For those who might have followed Dance Card tournament projections, they have made their first projection for the year. Right now includes games thru the 25th, so doesn't include this past weekends games. They had UMass easily in the tournament, and St. Joes with work to do.

http://www.unf.edu/~jcoleman/dance.htm

XU Fan
01-29-2008, 09:16 PM
I am still adjusting to the concept of seeing Baylor so high up on any list related to basketball, not that they are such a football power either. It just seems strange seeing Baylor on a list like that.

Snipe
01-29-2008, 10:25 PM
Interesting link. Right now they have 4 A-10 teams. I am not convinced that UMass and UD are going to get in so easily. I also am not of the opinion that SJU is going to be on the outside looking in.

I think three will get in with Xavier, SJU, and URI. I think it will be a tough battle to get a fourth. This conference is going to be brutal. We could get five if everything worked out (without upsets in the A-10 Tourney). At this point we will have to wait and see how UMass and Dayton respond.

X-band '01
01-30-2008, 05:36 AM
I'm glad to see a program like Baylor off the mat after the shooting death of one of their players about 5 years ago. Scott Drew (son of Valpo coach Homer Drew) built that program from the ground up after transfers (John Lucas, Lawrence Roberts, Kenton Paulino from Texas) left Baylor.

That being said, I'm not sure I would want to play them in the Tournament because they will be a huge sentimental favorite in the media and wherever they wind up in the NCAA Tournament. Ask Notre Dame - the Bears did win the Paradise Jam tournament this year already.

XU '11
02-05-2008, 04:50 PM
Interesting link. Right now they have 4 A-10 teams. I am not convinced that UMass and UD are going to get in so easily. I also am not of the opinion that SJU is going to be on the outside looking in.

I think three will get in with Xavier, SJU, and URI. I think it will be a tough battle to get a fourth. This conference is going to be brutal. We could get five if everything worked out (without upsets in the A-10 Tourney). At this point we will have to wait and see how UMass and Dayton respond.

If the season ended today (which is what the dance card is showing), Dayton and UMass would be locks. There have been only 3 instances in the past 9 years that a team with an RPI of 30 or better was excluded from the tourney. Dayton and UMass are 13 and 25 respectively.