PDA

View Full Version : TV and/or Radio

xualias
11-19-2009, 04:26 PM
Over the past several years I've tried to catch the games that have been televised, but there don't seem to be many. This year, with a team that looks to be so great, it looks like we only have 2 TV games, is that correct? If not, can someone let me know.

Also, I was wondering if some of our opponents stream the games on the web. Does anyone know whether they do and what the relevent links are?

Not sure what the cost would be to do so, but just out of curiosity, does anyone know why we don't stream the non-TV games on the web? I would think that it would be great to both let alums to watch and for actual and potential recruits to see how good the program is on an ongoing basis.

Are the games broadcast on the radio? if so, which station(s)?

Just curious as an out of towner who would love to see and potentially listen to some games.

bobbiemcgee
11-19-2009, 05:23 PM
The games are on EITHER WLW 700 or WKRC 55 radio, sometimes you can get them on channelsurfing.net or justin tv. I'm in Denver, and don't know much about the sports packages, but I do know I get all the AZ games (aaaaaagh)

BBC 08
11-19-2009, 05:49 PM
The SHU game is the only game this season not on TV: http://www.goxavier.com/sports/m-baskbl/sched/xavi-m-baskbl-sched.html

toledodan
11-19-2009, 05:50 PM
i believe just the sacred heart game is the only one not on some sort of tv this year. like bobbie said you can listen to all the games over the internet on 700 or 55.

KC4X
11-19-2009, 07:03 PM
This is in the women's forum; so, I think xualias is asking about the women's team. It looks like there are only 2 games on TV this year. I don't know about radio.

I'll be there Sat. for the ASU game. Go X!

BBC 08
11-19-2009, 07:20 PM
This is in the women's forum; so, I think xualias is asking about the women's team. It looks like there are only 2 games on TV this year. I don't know about radio.

I'll be there Sat. for the ASU game. Go X!

Damn you KC4X for reading the header and proving us wrong.

KC4X
11-19-2009, 07:37 PM
Damn you KC4X for reading the header and proving us wrong.

I wish you weren't! I would love to catch the games on TV when I can't make it.

XU-PA
11-20-2009, 06:17 AM
Over the past several years I've tried to catch the games that have been televised, but there don't seem to be many. This year, with a team that looks to be so great, it looks like we only have 2 TV games, is that correct? If not, can someone let me know.

Also, I was wondering if some of our opponents stream the games on the web. Does anyone know whether they do and what the relevent links are?

Not sure what the cost would be to do so, but just out of curiosity, does anyone know why we don't stream the non-TV games on the web? I would think that it would be great to both let alums to watch and for actual and potential recruits to see how good the program is on an ongoing basis.

Just curious as an out of towner who would love to see and potentially listen to some games.

Listening is going to be just about the only way to get the XU games this year. Mike Schmalz does a great job broadcasting via web for us.
Here's link for goxavier.com, see the box on the right for the arizona state game and click "listen". That's where it will be if they have the broadcast for that game, but so far I don't see the link for this weekend, not sure why??

http://www.goxavier.com/sports/w-baskbl/sched/xavi-w-baskbl-sched.html

The other thing to try if XU doesn't do it this game is go to the ASU site and find the same "listen"
http://thesundevils.cstv.com/sports/w-baskbl/sched/asu-w-baskbl-sched.html

JimmyTwoTimes37
11-20-2009, 08:24 AM

I created a mini highlight of the Xavier vs BGSU game if you want me to send it to you...There were a lot of sweet plays offensively. I can't really put it up on youtube cause of the copyright issues. Let me know

EDIT: I didn't realize this was the women's BBall thread...I apologize

X-band '01
11-21-2009, 09:14 AM
Listening is going to be just about the only way to get the XU games this year. Mike Schmalz does a great job broadcasting via web for us.
Here's link for goxavier.com, see the box on the right for the arizona state game and click "listen". That's where it will be if they have the broadcast for that game, but so far I don't see the link for this weekend, not sure why??

http://www.goxavier.com/sports/w-baskbl/sched/xavi-w-baskbl-sched.html

The other thing to try if XU doesn't do it this game is go to the ASU site and find the same "listen"
http://thesundevils.cstv.com/sports/w-baskbl/sched/asu-w-baskbl-sched.html

At least the Enquirer mentioned the link to GoXavier's radio broadcast in their preview today = looks like XUPA's posts are starting to alert the talking heads at the Enquirer.

xualias
11-21-2009, 11:39 AM
Lol! KC4X you were correct indeed. XU-PA thanks, I will be checking in at goxavier.com to listen whenever possible.