PDA

View Full Version : I live with Dayton alum, Get me out of here!

Titanxman04
11-16-2009, 05:30 PM
Christ, they were fine until season started. Everytime I bring up anything that wasn't this season in hoops, I'm "living in the past". Dayton posters are flying up everywhere (no pun intended). What indian burial ground did I accidentally pee on and who can I see about getting this curse lifted?

vee4xu
11-16-2009, 05:38 PM
Call a lawyer? That choice works for a variety of situations.

pickledpigsfeet
11-16-2009, 05:44 PM
Stop flushing the toilets so they get that UDump Arena smell and feel at home and settle down.

SixFig
11-16-2009, 05:48 PM
Garlic to ward them off and a spike to kill them right?

PM Thor
11-16-2009, 05:55 PM
This "season" is a week old. Both teams have one win under their belts, I don't see what they could be crowing about.

Oh I know, those preseason rankings. They mean a lot. Oh wait. No they don't. I know this little tidbit will blow their minds, but try and explain it to them this way....

http://statsheet.com/mcb/rankings/report_preseason_volatility

Basically, Preseason rankings are so volatile that they are truly useless and indicate nothing.

I HATE dayton.

An X Fan
11-16-2009, 06:49 PM
Dayton fan telling Xavier fan he's living in the past. Seriously, that has to be a joke. 1 NCAA tourney win in 20 years must do that to you.

Titanxman04
11-16-2009, 06:50 PM
I've tried that.

When asked if they are happy with their home schedule (they bought season tickets), they were very happy. thought it was a great schedule and almost comparable to ours.

AviatorX
11-16-2009, 06:52 PM
Looks like you need to move.

Titanxman04
11-16-2009, 06:56 PM
Haha. One of them is a buddy from high school. Known him for 9 years. He got a job down here and we decided to live together. His two buds from UD were working in the area as well. I'm hoping Xavier will do the talking for me come conference play.

Economically, it works great. But once basketball has come into the picture, their delusions just overshadow all reason.

vee4xu
11-16-2009, 08:15 PM
During my MBA at THE Youngstown State University a professor once said: You can't make a rational argument with an irrational person. Since everyone from dayton is irrational about men's basketball you have only one choice. Move you say?? Hell no, kick 'em out and get some XU roommates.

Muskied
11-16-2009, 08:15 PM
what's even better is when they come back with the fact they own the all time record vs Xavier

nuts4xu
11-16-2009, 08:28 PM
Sounds like you live with a bunch of homos.

Titanxman04
11-16-2009, 08:34 PM
Sounds like you live with a bunch of homos.

I'd rep you but it won't let me. Laughed out loud, or lol'd (thats what the kids say, right?), at that one.

bourbonman
11-16-2009, 08:40 PM
During my MBA at THE Youngstown State University a professor once said: You can't make a rational argument with an irrational person...
We have a similar saying at work, "yield to crazy people", "you can't out-stupid the stupid".

Titanxman04
11-16-2009, 08:45 PM
We have a similar saying at work, "yield to crazy people", "you can't out-stupid the stupid".

That sounds like a challenge to me. :D

I was frustrated when I started this thread, it was non-stop by the three of them. This is making me feel better. Keep it coming folks...

waggy
11-16-2009, 08:49 PM
....it was non-stop by the three of them...

You moved in with 3 of them?!

I once saw someone wearing a Dayton shirt at the market, and had to leave without buying anything.

Titanxman04
11-16-2009, 08:56 PM
Yea... One of them isn't that big of a fan, but his fiance (another Dayton grad) is... So weekends suck when she visits. It was just supposed to be my buddy and I originally. and now there's two more, each with a girlfriend/fiance from UD as well. The "schedule" poster for UD was up when I came home today...

Fret not, I'm gonna hang my framed team poster, autographed by the team, above the mantle place for all to see. "Dan" complained that it'd be too high up from him to piss on...

I think I need to murder to terrorists tonight.

PM Thor
11-16-2009, 09:19 PM
If they ever have kids tell them they owe it to society to put them up for adoption. We already have enough ditch diggers.

I HATE dayton.

SixFig
11-16-2009, 09:21 PM
I guess you aren't living with UD's NBA alums. ZING!

AviatorX
11-16-2009, 09:42 PM
I guess you aren't living with UD's NBA alums. ZING!

He could always move in to Jimmie Binnie's Denmark penthouse. He's a living legend over there.

Muskied
11-16-2009, 09:47 PM
You gotta move out of that jam. Next thing you know, they'll start hanging banners in your house for insignificant accomplishments like PS3 NCAA Basketball 2010 Puerto Rico Champs.

Jesuit4Life
11-17-2009, 01:03 AM
Buy them a couple of Citrullus lanatus. They'll be far too busy with them to bother you about BG, CW, CJ, KH, RF, BS, TP, JA, JO, JC, WF, or whatever the hell other abbreviations they use.

xubball93
11-17-2009, 04:24 AM
If you can make it until January 16, about 1:15 pm or so...your roommates won't have anything to say for a while....

Titanxman04
11-17-2009, 07:04 AM
They are already boasting about their victory over Creighton, pointing that it's clear indication that they'll have a great year and cannot be stopped. I told them that the Creighton win was much needed due to the lack of big names on their schedule. They are already putting themselves in the second round against Nova in their tourny. Christ, makes my head hurt.

boozehound
11-17-2009, 07:07 AM
I've tried that.

When asked if they are happy with their home schedule (they bought season tickets), they were very happy. thought it was a great schedule and almost comparable to ours.

They are just retarded then. No one could make a reasonable argument that Dayton's OOC schedule is even in the same league as Xavier's... They have lost all credibility.

boozehound
11-17-2009, 07:15 AM
They are already boasting about their victory over Creighton, pointing that it's clear indication that they'll have a great year and cannot be stopped. I told them that the Creighton win was much needed due to the lack of big names on their schedule. They are already putting themselves in the second round against Nova in their tourny. Christ, makes my head hurt.

Creighton was decimated by injuries and that game was still much much closer than it should have been. Just wait until the collapse. In the meantime see if you can get a replica of the banners that they hang in Cintas showing all our recent accomplishments to hang in your room.

Dayton fans are the biggest jokes in the world. I don't think that there has ever been a more delusional fan base in the history of the world. I hate Dayton fans.

Smails
11-17-2009, 07:44 AM
If you want to run them out:

1) Buy a pit bull (within a year the chick won't come over anymore)

2) Always crap with the door open

3) Cook Indian food at least 2x a week in the kitchen

It looks like the place is already going down hill as far a decor goes, you might as well turn it into a full fledged shiithole.

XURunner85
11-17-2009, 08:02 AM
take away their watermellons and they will pack up and leave right away....

Titanxman04
11-17-2009, 08:07 AM
If you want to run them out:

1) Buy a pit bull (within a year the chick won't come over anymore)

2) Always crap with the door open

3) Cook Indian food at least 2x a week in the kitchen

It looks like the place is already going down hill as far a decor goes, you might as well turn it into a full fledged shiithole.

I don't even flush.

Keep in mind, I don't mind them. They are nice guys and their ladies are alright. But basketball season is the worst right now. If there were no sports, I'd be pretty pleased with the current living situation.

BandAid
11-17-2009, 08:08 AM

I love Creighton (being an Omahanian, Omahite, whatever we're called), but they've been in a little bit of a downspell the last couple of years. That win may (or may not) hold water come springtime.

vee4xu
11-17-2009, 11:02 PM
Just ask them if they watched Jordan Crawford tonight. Chris Wright wishes he could ball like JCraw. If that doesn't shut 'em up just do one or more of the things Smails suggested.