PDA

View Full Version : Sesame St. Parodies FoxNews

xubball93
11-08-2009, 07:02 AM
I thought it was funny and don't really see what all the fuss is about. I don't think most four years old can grasp satire.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2009/11/06/sesame-street-ombudsman-says-producers-crossed-line-fox-news-stab/?test=faces

Titanxman04
11-08-2009, 07:28 AM
Just another example of people needing something to get all worked up about and complain. Two weeks time, no one will even remember this.

There always needs to be some controversy for the public to complain or comment on. Obama going to ND (my girlfriend was actually graduating there) was a huge deal. How many people are complaining about it now? This will go away before we know it. Folks need to relax on things some times. People just need crap to complain about or else they feel like they are unimportant and they don't have another way of getting their opinions out...

Can't we all just have message boards instead? :D

BandAid
11-08-2009, 07:39 AM
I'm going to try to keep my kids away from politics as long as possible. Three reasons:

1. I would rather have my kids worrying about what's for dinner than the nuclear situation in Iran.

2. It is undeniable that politics is nasty.

3. The only thing more annoying to me than some stranger telling me their political views is an adolescent telling me theirs.

Granted, a 4 year old probably wouldn't recognize the satire, but since when did Sesame Street do satire?

X-band '01
11-08-2009, 10:28 AM
4-year-olds won't understand satire, but I'm not sure many more of them will understand the difference between "Fox" and "pox."

That being said, I can assure you that kind of line would have never made its way onto Mister Rogers' Neighborhood when they were making their episodes.

BBC 08
11-08-2009, 12:20 PM
3. The only thing more annoying to me than some stranger telling me their political views is an adolescent telling me theirs.

The you must really hate when a baby is on the floor of the house "telling" her political views.

BandAid
11-08-2009, 12:44 PM
The you must really hate when a baby is on the floor of the house "telling" her political views.

You're telling me you haven't had an 8-10 year old tell you they are a democrat/republican because their mommy/daddy is? And that being democrat/republican is better because mommy/daddy is one? And mommy/daddy is never wrong?

I can honestly say I have experienced this multiple times. And although I appreciate parents actually speding time with their kids and teaching them things I must reiterate: kids should be thinking and worrying about other things.

BBC 08
11-08-2009, 12:47 PM
You're telling me you haven't had an 8-10 year old tell you they are a democrat/republican because their mommy/daddy is? And that being democrat/republican is better because mommy/daddy is one? And mommy/daddy is never wrong?

I can honestly say I have experienced this multiple times. And although I appreciate parents actually speding time with their kids and teaching them things I must reiterate: kids should be thinking and worrying about other things.

I was more refering to this: link (http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2009/11/07/rep-quotes-infant-on-house-floor-maddie-wants-patient-choice/)

BandAid
11-08-2009, 12:59 PM
I was more refering to this: link (http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2009/11/07/rep-quotes-infant-on-house-floor-maddie-wants-patient-choice/)

Haha. When you said "floor of the house" I interpreted it as my house, not THE house.

By the way...That's ridiculous too. It's pretty low to use a child to score political points. He could've just told "Maddie's story" or asked Maddie's mother to speak instead of actually bringing the baby.

DC Muskie
11-09-2009, 09:58 AM
By the way...That's ridiculous too. It's pretty low to use a child to score political points. He could've just told "Maddie's story" or asked Maddie's mother to speak instead of actually bringing the baby.

That stuff is pretty typical in the House. Which in this town is referred to as "Junior High."

Kahns Krazy
11-09-2009, 02:15 PM
There is a guy whose job is "Sesame Street Ombudsman"? How badass is that?

blobfan
11-09-2009, 02:49 PM
I'm going to try to keep my kids away from politics as long as possible. Three reasons:

1. I would rather have my kids worrying about what's for dinner than the nuclear situation in Iran.

2. It is undeniable that politics is nasty.

Granted, a 4 year old probably wouldn't recognize the satire, but since when did Sesame Street do satire?

Even as a kid I thought there was a nice line between the sweetness and innocense of Sesame Street and the goofy satire of The Muppet Show. Sad to see Sesame Street, like everything else in this country, is taking part in the political divide.

Snipe
11-10-2009, 01:05 AM
I teach my kids about Freedom, the Founding Fathers and Ben Franklin. I am sure I am partisan to the core, but I try to teach the message of the men as I see it. I don't try to teach my kids politics in general. If they end up loving freedom and liberty, they will agree with me anyway. Free the People!

If they end up loving state control I think I will have been a bad parent.

I don't have to teach them about Bush or Obama. They are too similar anyway for a child to make a distinction. I teach them the basics and let them figure it out for themselves.