PDA

View Full Version : New Orleans game on internet

nickgyp
11-04-2009, 08:50 PM
UNO vs. Xavier game on Saturday
« on: November 02, 2009, 10:29:55 AM » Quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Musketeer fans. I'm really looking forward to our game against your team on Saturday night.

The will be UNO's homecoming game and will feature a lot of university-sponsored events during the day around the stadium.

There will be a pre-game concert in the tailgating area by local band "Bag of Donuts".

It would be great to have you guys come down for the game to visit our city.

But if you can't make it, all UNO football games are broadcast live via the internet. You can find the listen live link at www.privateerfootball.com.

If anyone has any questions about the game, tickets, the scheduled events or visiting the city, feel free to e-mail me at info@privateerfootball.com.

One of our most beloved ex-New Orleans Saints is Xavier alum Danny Abramowicz, who remained in New Orleans for many years after playing for the Saints. He coached Jesuit High's football team and became very involved in the Catholic Men's ministries of the Archdiocese of New Orleans. He's a good man who I believe is back in Ohio, now

bobbiemcgee
11-04-2009, 08:57 PM
UNO vs. Xavier game on Saturday
« on: November 02, 2009, 10:29:55 AM » Quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Musketeer fans. I'm really looking forward to our game against your team on Saturday night.

The will be UNO's homecoming game and will feature a lot of university-sponsored events during the day around the stadium.

There will be a pre-game concert in the tailgating area by local band "Bag of Donuts".

It would be great to have you guys come down for the game to visit our city.

But if you can't make it, all UNO football games are broadcast live via the internet. You can find the listen live link at www.privateerfootball.com.

If anyone has any questions about the game, tickets, the scheduled events or visiting the city, feel free to e-mail me at info@privateerfootball.com.

One of our most beloved ex-New Orleans Saints is Xavier alum Danny Abramowicz, who remained in New Orleans for many years after playing for the Saints. He coached Jesuit High's football team and became very involved in the Catholic Men's ministries of the Archdiocese of New Orleans. He's a good man who I believe is back in Ohio, now

Wiiliams to Abramowicz.....remember it well....what was he...5"10" ? Had the NFL record for consec passes caught in a game for a long time.

nickgyp
11-05-2009, 08:37 PM
As I recall, Williams was about 5'10 " and Abramowicz was maybe 6'. In any case not much height but these two could play. Williams could both run and throw; and Abramowicz caught anything thrown near to him. Story has it that when the Saints tried to cut Abramowicz after rookie camp (a 17th round draft choice), he told Saints coach Tom Fears that he refused to be cut. DA made a name for himself with the Saints and 49ers; and for a time, he did hold the NFL record for consecutive games with a least one reception (a record I believe was broken by the Eagles' wide receiver Harold Carmichael).

Both Williams and Abramwowicz were named first team Catholic all-Americans by whatever organization named such players. They were a remarkable tandem to watch.