PDA

View Full Version : Prayers Please

PM Thor
11-01-2009, 08:10 PM
This is kind of hard for me to do, I'm pretty hard headed and prefer to do things myself. Here goes.

A few days ago, my girlfriend found out (on her birthday actually), that she needs to have surgery done on Tuesday to remove a golf ball sized tumor, her appendix, and about 2 feet of her colon. The doctors are leaning away from the tumor being malignant, but won't know for sure until they get in there and biopsy it. She has been sick for a couple of months now and the doctors couldn't figure it out, and sufficed to say it's been a scary and difficult time for all involved. They are saying that she should be in the hospital for a week and should expect 6-8 weeks of rehab. So if anyone could, I please ask that you say a prayer for MJ, it would mean a lot to me, her, and our families (even though they would kill me for doing this).

On a lighter note, when she heard that her surgery was scheduled for the 3rd, the chickey turned to me and said

"That's the first game of the year....this means I'm going to miss at least a couple of Xavier games! Well....this blows!"

She's a keeper.

Xpectations
11-01-2009, 08:11 PM
You bet, Thor. Prayers on their way.

jdm2000
11-01-2009, 08:36 PM
Will do, Thor. Give her all our best.

ballyhoohoo
11-01-2009, 08:56 PM
they are on the way

Strange Brew
11-01-2009, 08:57 PM
This is kind of hard for me to do, I'm pretty hard headed and prefer to do things myself. Here goes.

A few days ago, my girlfriend found out (on her birthday actually), that she needs to have surgery done on Tuesday to remove a golf ball sized tumor, her appendix, and about 2 feet of her colon. The doctors are leaning away from the tumor being malignant, but won't know for sure until they get in there and biopsy it. She has been sick for a couple of months now and the doctors couldn't figure it out, and sufficed to say it's been a scary and difficult time for all involved. They are saying that she should be in the hospital for a week and should expect 6-8 weeks of rehab. So if anyone could, I please ask that you say a prayer for MJ, it would mean a lot to me, her, and our families (even though they would kill me for doing this).

On a lighter note, when she heard that her surgery was scheduled for the 3rd, the chickey turned to me and said

"That's the first game of the year....this means I'm going to miss at least a couple of Xavier games! Well....this blows!"

She's a keeper.

Thor, you got it. Keep us posted.

D-West & PO-Z
11-01-2009, 10:07 PM
Done.

xudash
11-01-2009, 10:07 PM
Prayers offered Thor.

Tell her we're all pulling for her.

jco17
11-02-2009, 12:49 AM

She's a keeper.

I've seen you on the rivals board and you've always been a class act. I wish her all the best and will spread the word to my family to send prayers her way as well. I hope you are doing okay as well. jco17325

pizza delivery
11-02-2009, 01:02 AM
you got it.

XU-PA
11-02-2009, 05:28 AM
I think cancer has touched all of our lives in one way or another, no way to say it other than it sucks.

Prayers from Maine to you and yours "thor"

X-Fan
11-02-2009, 05:44 AM
No problem. I hope she has a speedy recovery.

XU 87
11-02-2009, 05:50 AM
done

Jumpy
11-02-2009, 06:04 AM
That sucks, Thor. My prayers are with you and the better half.

bourbonman
11-02-2009, 07:57 AM
Prayers sent.

Snipe
11-02-2009, 10:18 AM
Prayers on the way. Hope everything turns out alright.

boozehound
11-02-2009, 10:19 AM
You are in my thoughts and prayers Thor.

chico
11-02-2009, 11:33 AM
You got it, Thor.

DC Muskie
11-02-2009, 11:35 AM
Prayer Thor!

Muskie73
11-02-2009, 11:37 AM
Never too few and never too late. Prayers and best wishes for her good health and a speedy recovery.

Kahns Krazy
11-02-2009, 12:45 PM
Good wishes and prayers coming to both of you.

Titanxman04
11-02-2009, 12:50 PM
Thor,
Prayers sent up. Best wishes and don't let her go... We'll need the two of you shouting as loud as you can come conference play.

kmcrawfo
11-02-2009, 12:56 PM
Prayers sent to guide her surgeons through a successful surgery, benign results on pathology, and a speedy recovery. I wish you both the best. God bless.

Xman95
11-02-2009, 01:47 PM
Prayers being offered.

wkrq59
11-02-2009, 01:57 PM
Thor, Angel Marty on the way and will stay until surgery and recovery well in hand. Needles to say prayers accompany.:D

vee4xu
11-02-2009, 06:39 PM
thor, prayers for your girlfriend that her surgery goes well and recovery is quick and complete. And prayers for you that you have the strength to be with her and offer your support.

GuyFawkes38
11-02-2009, 07:17 PM
prayers sent.

nickgyp
11-02-2009, 08:02 PM
Prayers said and will continue!

PM Thor
11-02-2009, 09:55 PM
Thanks people. Tomorrow is the most important day so far in my life, have to be there at 5 freakin AM. I wish I could trade places with her, but maybe I say that because I will be hanging out with her parents for the next 18 hours after her surgery while she is all drugged up....

PM Thor
11-02-2009, 10:12 PM
and just for the record, the surgeon is a Xavier grad. Hallelujah.

Titanxman04
11-02-2009, 10:15 PM
and just for the record, the surgeon is a Xavier grad. Hallelujah.

Glad to hear it.

If he/she looks anything like this though, maybe consider switching hospitals?
http://images.contactmusic.com/videoimages/sbmg/weird-al-yankovic-like-a-surgeon.jpg

Just trying to bring some humor. Best of luck and more prayers. My best if with you, your girlfriend and her family. God bless.

PM Thor
11-02-2009, 10:20 PM
Ha.

Nah, I have come to realize this site is an outlet for distraction for me. Thank goodness the hospital has free wireless. I wonder why hospitals don't serve beer though. It would make it so much easier on the families.

Titanxman04
11-02-2009, 10:25 PM
Ha.

Nah, I have come to realize this site is an outlet for distraction for me. Thank goodness the hospital has free wireless. I wonder why hospitals don't serve beer though. It would make it so much easier on the families.

Thor, I hear you on that one. This board has constantly brought me laughs, chuckles, smiles, and grins almost every time I've been here. It's actually helpful to visit this when struck with a tough time of sorts. There's a lot of support for the general poster, and that includes you and your loved ones, no doubt. And while it may say something about your own character when you have to turn to degenerates such as myself for a temporary escape, I can say personally I'm glad to give it if need be.

On the beer in a hospital subject. I'm sure those nurses and doctors who run 24 hour shifts would also hit it up as well, which, while may be a relief to them for a bit, probably not great for the patients who are admitted, eh?

Good luck, brother.

XU05and07
11-02-2009, 10:33 PM
Prayers being sent...good luck to her, her surgeon (nursing and OR staff), and her recovery (and to you)

blobfan
11-03-2009, 01:40 PM
Prayers to MJ for a quick recovery and benign diagnosis. Prayers to you and her family as well.

PM Thor
11-03-2009, 08:28 PM
Thank you everyone. Just got home from 16 hours at the hospital, chickey finally kicked me out. Everything is great! Quite possibly the best news that could be had considering the situation. She is doing well, and we are all very, very relieved.

Oop, as I type this, she texted me asking for the score from the game. She definitely has her priorities straight, God love her.

waggy
11-03-2009, 08:40 PM
That is great to hear Thor.

D-West & PO-Z
11-03-2009, 08:47 PM
Thank you everyone. Just got home from 16 hours at the hospital, chickey finally kicked me out. Everything is great! Quite possibly the best news that could be had considering the situation. She is doing well, and we are all very, very relieved.

Oop, as I type this, she texted me asking for the score from the game. She definitely has her priorities straight, God love her.

Awesome news.

blobfan
11-03-2009, 09:53 PM
So glad to hear it.