PDA

View Full Version : Employee #8 (the former) out of money

Muskie
10-29-2009, 08:18 AM
The Boston
(http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/articles/2009/10/25/former_celtics_star_antoine_walker_pursued_by_cred itors_as_wealth_vanishes/)

And now he is truly feeling the press. A Globe review found that, during the last seven months, Walker has been pursued by multiple financial institutions for unpaid debts totaling more than $4 million. Court documents filed in Illinois and Florida reveal Walker was named a defendant in three recent debt-related civil cases, in addition to the ongoing check-kiting case. His former agent is also after him, citing a heap of unpaid fees.

Several National Basketball Association sources, among them friends and former teammates of Walker’s, said the 33-year-old player may well have squandered much of his $110 million-plus in career earnings. Without a team or contract as the new NBA season begins Tuesday, they’ve heard that Walker is casting about for cash to pay off his debts and is looking to catch on with a team, perhaps even overseas.

BandAid
10-29-2009, 08:20 AM
Pretty impressive, isn't it?

I don't know how I'd spend 1 million dollars let alone 66ish. I'm sure I could figure it out if I had the opportunity

muskiefan82
10-29-2009, 08:44 AM
I wonder if he would be allowed to leave the country to play for an international team.

nuts4xu
10-29-2009, 10:56 AM
Those NBA guys make a lot of money, but they spend a lot of money too.

I hope it was fun while it lasted and that UK education is worth something.

Xman95
10-29-2009, 05:02 PM
Based on recent history, maybe he could land some cash by meeting up with his old coach, Rick Pitino, in the men's room. Of course, in some pics over the last few years it looks like Walker might already be "with child"!!

(Apologies to any pregnant women, women who want to be pregnant, anyone who has been pregnant, anyone with a last name beginning with "P" or ending in a vowel, any pansy with the size of a forward who only wants to play within the 3-pt. lines, any pansies, anyone in a men's room, the men's room itself, or anyone else offended by the post or the apology for the post. Hey, these days everything seems to be offensive to someone!)