PDA

View Full Version : Tool

Masterofreality
10-11-2009, 05:52 PM
No, I don't mean Bearchatter, Eastside J or most udump fans. I mean the band. I'm a big fan of any musician who pushes the envelope to do something different, even if sometimes it degrades into noise. Tool fits the bill, albeit without much noise. Lateralus and 10,000 Days are two very nice compilations.

Did anyone on the board go to their Cincinnati show last August, if so, did they play any new stuff? I've heard stuff about a new album coming out but I can't find any info on it. They were supposedly playing some stuff from it on the last tour.

Anybody?

Raoul Duke
10-12-2009, 08:59 AM
No, I don't mean Bearchatter, Eastside J or most udump fans. I mean the band. I'm a big fan of any musician who pushes the envelope to do something different, even if sometimes it degrades into noise. Tool fits the bill, albeit without much noise. Lateralus and 10,000 Days are two very nice compilations.

Did anyone on the board go to their Cincinnati show last August, if so, did they play any new stuff? I've heard stuff about a new album coming out but I can't find any info on it. They were supposedly playing some stuff from it on the last tour.

Anybody?

Push the envelope, watch it bend . . Over thinking, over analyzing, separate the body from the mind.

They've been playing the same set since 10,000 Days came out. I haven't heard anything new.

BBC 08
10-12-2009, 09:39 AM
I keep hearing good things about Tool but I just can't bring myself to support a band named Tool.

boozehound
10-12-2009, 10:21 AM
Aren't you a little old to be listening to Tool, Grandpa?

J/K, although I am surprised to hear anyone over the age of 40 who likes Tool. I am a fan of the music, however I feel that Aenima is and always will be their best CD. Laturalus wasn't bad, and I just cannot get into 10,000 Days. Aenima was a great CD from start to finish.

xu95
10-12-2009, 11:20 AM
Laturalus was there best, in my opinion. I haven't heard any new tool in a long time.

xu95

Masterofreality
10-12-2009, 12:58 PM
Aren't you a little old to be listening to Tool, Grandpa?

Nah. Just another example that being in your 50's is like being in your 30's a few years ago.

What, you want me to just dry up and die? Good listening when I'm on the treadmill working out.

I don't think that I'll expose the Grandaughter to "Track One" from AEnima anytime, however.

boozehound
10-12-2009, 03:30 PM
I don't think that I'll expose the Grandaughter to "Track One" from AEnima anytime, however.

I would say the earlier the better. It's important that you don't shelter her too much.

Masterofreality
10-12-2009, 10:03 PM
Push the envelope, watch it bend . . Over thinking, over analyzing, separate the body from the mind.

Atta boy Raoul. Pulling the pertinent lyric from Lateralus.

Impressive.