PDA

View Full Version : College Football Week 4

XUglow
09-24-2009, 02:51 PM
Ole Miss at South Carolina gets a pretty ho-hum week off and running tonight. Miss Muskie's Rebs are ranked #4 or #5, and even they have to wondering what they are doing up there.

Fresno State will be visiting UC this weekend. I think UC wins big mainly because Fresno State doesn't seem to be very big on tackling.

Miami (FL) continues their big comeback tour with a stop at Virginia Tech. The concert (er... game) is a sell-out and looks to be the best item on tap for this weekend.

Boise State is at Bowling Green this weekend in another big test for the Broncos. (Did I just say that a 1-2 MAC team is a big test for someone?)

Houston is hosting Texas Tech. The losing team may score 60.

Kentucky is hoping UF has more flu bug issues.

...and I am sitting between my LSU graduate daughter and my MSU graduate daughter this weekend hoping to keep them from trading too many barbs before, during, and after the game. My son scored us tickets to Arkansas at Bama, but I was already committed.

nickgyp
09-24-2009, 08:11 PM
Don't forget: Xavier hosts Hanover's JV team at Roger Bacon at 1:30 pm. $5.00 gets an adult in to watch Xavier's pass happy offense try to light up the Panthers.

XUglow
09-25-2009, 07:54 AM
Miss Muskie's Rebs are ranked #4 or #5, and even they have to wondering what they are doing up there.

Gotta love the meltdowns with college football fans. Text exchange with Miss Muskie.
--------------
Sorry about the loss. You guys waited too late to get McCluster involved. That guy is seriously good. I would blame Nutt for not having a good game plan, but how can you plan for your offensive line being horrible?
-------------
F*** you, you condescending p***k. I hope Cal gets beat 56-0 this weekend. It is bad enough that I am going to have to put up with s*** from MSU fans tomorrow, and now you start in on me. F*** you. Seriously. Take your a** back to California.
--------------
Glow, sorry about my response last night. I was drunk and pretty pissed off.

MuskieCinci
09-25-2009, 12:29 PM
I tripled my bet on the South Carolina game last night so I was pleased.

Stonebreaker
09-25-2009, 05:06 PM
ND rolls over Purdont sat nite.

Strange Brew
09-26-2009, 11:55 AM
ND rolls over Purdont sat nite.

Hope so Stoney, but with Jimmy C. and Allen banged up, scoring may be an issue.

GoMuskies
09-26-2009, 08:10 PM
Didn't see USF over FSU coming after Matt Grothe went down. Impressive win for USF.

XUglow
09-26-2009, 08:51 PM
I guess that Miss Muskie is happy with my Bears getting pummeled. I am so glad that I missed watching that game.

The MSU/LSU game was fantastic. MSU out-played the Tigers, but LSU put up a great goal-line stand to hold on. The sisters are still speaking.

Here I was thinking that Miami and FSU were both back, and bam!

xeus
09-26-2009, 08:54 PM
-------------
F*** you, you condescending p***k. I hope Cal gets beat 56-0 this weekend.
[/I]

She wasn't too far off on the Cal score.

PM Thor
09-26-2009, 11:19 PM
I had fun watching two out of three of the big Florida teams lose. I seriously dislike those 3 programs.

The icing on the cake was watching Tebow get absolutely blasted like he did. I don't like seeing anyone get hurt, but that guy just bugs the crap out of me, and seeing him hork continually into the bio bag as they wheeled him out brought me a perverse level of satisfaction.

I'll admit, concussions suck incredibly bad. You can't function at all. Sound, light, everything makes it hurt and you can't form a cognitive thought. It's like being a dayton fan.

I HATE dayton.

GoMuskies
09-27-2009, 12:12 AM
That Houston/TT game was fantastic. Houston still has to go to Starkville, but if they can pass that test they will have to be way off their game to lose this year.

GuyFawkes38
09-27-2009, 12:15 AM
I was frusterating watching the ND win.

What happens if ND only loses twice this year (Mich/USC) due to their easy schedule. But they get blown out in their BCS game. Does Weis survive?

GuyFawkes38
09-27-2009, 12:17 AM
That Houston/TT game was fantastic. Houston still has to go to Starkville, but if they can pass that test they will have to be way off their game to lose this year.

very good game. The state of Texas is packed with football talent.

wkrq59
09-27-2009, 02:30 AM
Thor, watched the replay of the hit on Teabow, and still am amazed. I thought head to head tackling was banned. Please don't tell me it was only his team mates knee that got TT. The kid from Kentucky should be suspended for at least one game and either Brooks or his position coach should be banned for a game.
That wasn't a shoulder hit as that idiot Bob Davey said. It was a head shot. If you see it again, watch Teabow's head snap back on impact. I'm not a fan of Florida and TT one way or the other, but that kind of crap has to stop. Seen too much of it lately at pro and college level. It's starting to hit the high school's, too. Hope you don't have to make a run some night to attend a kid who might never walk again, or die because of that crap. Wait, you probably already have.:D

Kahns Krazy
09-27-2009, 09:58 AM
Q, I gotta disagree with you on the hit. It looks to me like the UK player is leading with his shoulder into Tebow's chest. I think Tebow's head comes forward first, then back.

bourbonman
09-27-2009, 12:43 PM
Sorry Q, but I completely disagree with you on this on. I was at the game and it looked clean in person and the replays I've watched showed nothing to change my mind. Definitely the force of the hit and driving him back-wards into that knee didn't help things, but it was clean. If it makes you feel better, everything I've heard about the red shirt freshman who made the hit, he's feeling awful.

PM Thor
09-27-2009, 02:17 PM
Well, the way it looked to me when I saw it, and now as I watch it again, it looks like the UK kid turned his helmet away from Tebow and tried to lead with his shoulder. It doesn't appear that he used the crown of his helmet. What didn't help Tebow is he kind of ducked his chin reflexively right before the hit. Then throw in the knee to the head and Tebow pretty much got messed up.

It was one of those bang-bang-bang plays, and I lean towards trusting the refs to call something like that in the moment. I trust their decision usually when something like that happens, and since no flag was thrown, I suspect that they saw what we all saw, a clean, but brutal, hit.

I HATE dayton.