PDA

View Full Version : Off Topic non X

KFX
09-22-2009, 12:12 PM
I have reconsidered and will now take the high road. I've never been on that road before. I need a gps. Go X and thanks fellas for not jumping on my case.

blobfan
09-22-2009, 12:23 PM
That's one of the big reasons I stopped visiting MM. He has a point about the mods occasionally pulling the same stuff over here and certain posters spending way too much time on grudges, but to me the difference is that here it's all done in the open. There's no threat of getting banned because you asked the wrong question, no ominous references to the subject. There's also a feeling that there are several people with authority but no one mod seems to have enough power to act as an authoritarian egomaniac. On MM I kind of felt like questioning Mr. Neutral or the Shadow about how the board was run was a BIG taboo.

I loved the remark about board stability and how if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Then in the middle of reading the XH hoops thread I got an error telling me there were too many users. Yeah, MM is a bit faster now but it still has some of the same draw-backs. I like that the people running XH strive for continual improvement, even if it means they have to field angry e-mails about the occasional hiccups, and answer the same question about viewing reps on a weekly basis.

RealDeal
09-22-2009, 12:30 PM
That D bag banned me for nothing as well a few years ago. He makes up the rules as he goes along. Thank God I don't have to read his mindless whining over here.

bobbiemcgee
09-22-2009, 12:33 PM
I don't get the "message board angst" here. Seems to me you could just go to another computer or whatever and sign up again under a different name and ignore whoever you want to. Life's too short for these inconsequential little feuds. XH is best source ever for info on what's happening with our Team. I would encourage all to become supporting members for a lousy buck a month and support this effort to bring us all the latest news on X BB.

nuts4xu
09-22-2009, 12:50 PM
Between this site and the Rivals site, I see no need to read another board. Especially one that is as arrogant about the way its run as MM. I sent a number of emails to the Skeldons offering my money, service, or anything I could do to help keep that site viable.

These offers fell on deaf ears. I was banned a few summers ago by the roaming curmugeon Shadow, and vowed to spend less time there. I held up my end of the bargain, and when I found XHoops, I have never been back. I registered my name there to prevent imposters like Arnold Horschack from using my good name in vain.

Screw them. I am hopeful Gary's ban becomes permanent. He plays games with his board, and then when he gets the same treatment, he is all kinds of pissed off. Get over it dude.

KFX
09-22-2009, 12:57 PM
I get what you are saying but not worth it to me at the time. Maybe I'm carrying a grudge for too long but where I was in life at the time sucked. At the time I emailed him and got a smartass answer that he wouldn't have posted on his site. Anyway case closed. I will be removing my post. I just cannot believe he doesn't get the irony.

Masterofreality
09-22-2009, 12:59 PM
Let's all just move on here, huh?

I would say that at one point or another, all of us have posted some sheet that we probably have regretted down the road. Usually, there is some damn good reason for somebody being banned. I don't know all the back story of KFX's alleged banning, but really, Kev, were you totally innocent in all respects? Was your web address "ate up with the virus" that may have caused a board problem? Maybe you and Mr. Neutral got a little too nasty with each other and, in the words of Peter Gillen, maybe the rivalry just wasn't that healthy? Who knows.

Look, a mod has power to ban anybody, but personally to me, unless you are Bearchatter type who is a mindless troll, no one deserves to be banned even if the poster is of the Eastside J ilk.

Hmmmmm. Eastside J, not banned. Mr. Neutral banned. Makes a helluva lot of sense to me.:confused:

KFX
09-22-2009, 01:06 PM
Yes. I really was innocent. No backstory. Gary emailed me and basically said tough sh##. He banned me for no reason. I don't care if you think or believe otherwise. The guy is complaining of the injustice of it all. He doesn't do irony, apparently. I think that is funny. I'm not looking for support or validation from you or anybody else, I just had to get it off my chest because I have no time for the guy.

Snipe
09-22-2009, 01:32 PM
I give my support to Commie KFX, who is a Great American.

It may be easy for you MOR, I don't think your Lew Hert brother ever banned you. Had you been banned and then told "Tough Shit", I bet you may have a different opinion of history.

I think a lot of newbies fail to grasp the depth of the history of some of these grudges. They go back years. Some people are more tolerant of being pushed around and messed with than others.

I was not only banned, but you could not even write Snipe on the board for a long time. It would appear as *****. It had to be over a year. Then they had the great Snipe hunt, where they were calling out new posters like Skillet and XU Fan and accusing them of being Snipe.

Not having Gary around makes this the best place for me on the net.

Masterofreality
09-22-2009, 01:43 PM
In the words of the prophet written over the Hard Rock Cafe door:

"Love all, feed all." C'mon Muskies. There's enough hatred we share for the "dark side" in Clifton and the dump. Can't we just drop the hatred on this side of Victory Parkway?

Snipe, you're a good guy. Kahns is a good guy. Kev you're a good guy. Freddie G is a good guy. Mr. Neutral is a good guy. Muskieman is a good guy. I suck, but it's not about me. Hell all of us have had pissing contests in the past some distant, some more recent. All of us have been around for over a decade for Gawds sake on board after board. We've all had numerous alcoholic beverages together over the years and shared incredible highs and devastating lows.

Let's get by all this sheet and channel the hate to the deserved targets.

wkrq59
09-22-2009, 01:47 PM
Much in the same vein as MOR, I say life is too damned short for this kind of septic tank overflow.
Never do I agree with some of the comments made about Gary's sister. If you don't like her views on Catholicism, turn the TV off or change channels. But there is never an excuse for bringing family into mud-slinging for which there is also no excuse.
The biggest difference I see between the two sites is at MM, off-topic posts and threads don't make it (usually) to the cover, where on XH they do under recent posts.
If this sounds like a "Can't we get along," post, so be it.
Also, I believe there should be a completely separate site for expressing politics views, trading insults over ones political leanings and beliefs and of sheer hatred between opposing forces.
Trouble is, any expression of contrary opinion is immediately attacked, often in a nasty and personal way, citing "you may be right about this, but way back when you were wrong and that won't go away, ever."
Lately, it seems the exchanges, particularly in the political arena are downright nasty, mean, and lacking of any sense of civility. Look, I may not like what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. I just don't want your opinion shoved "where the sun don't shine," with barbed wire attached.:(:p:(

KFX
09-22-2009, 01:51 PM
You are a wise man, Q as are you, Mr. Mor. Snipe you are the best. And to think that I once aligned myself with a certain someone when you ran the original MM board and thought that Skip could do no wrong. Those were the days, Jedi Juice and your pad in Mt. Lookout. Hope to see you soon.

xudash
09-22-2009, 01:51 PM
In the words of the prophet written over the Hard Rock Cafe door:

"Love all, feed all." C'mon Muskies. There's enough hatred we share for the "dark side" in Clifton and the dump. Can't we just drop the hatred on this side of Victory Parkway?

Snipe, you're a good guy. Kahns is a good guy. Kev you're a good guy. Freddie G is a good guy. Mr. Neutral is a good guy. Muskieman is a good guy. I suck, but it's not about me. Hell all of us have had pissing contests in the past some distant, some more recent. All of us have been around for over a decade for Gawds sake on board after board. We've all had numerous alcoholic beverages together over the years and shared incredible highs and devastating lows.

Let's get by all this sheet and channel the hate to the deserved targets.

Here. Here.

I still say that this should be taken to Dana's. We can even negotiate the shape of the peace talks table. Determine a game very early in the season and make this the pre-game meeting. I'll fly up and buy a few rounds to facilitate the dialogue. I'm actually serious about that.

GoMuskies
09-22-2009, 01:52 PM
I've been around for all the messageboard wars, and I like everyone mentioned in this thread except for the Shadow (well, and Eastside). I wish the Shadow was a UC fan.

Muskie
09-22-2009, 02:09 PM
My post over there:
I apologize to all of the people who post on both XH and MM for XH being down yesterday. Our site was unexpectedly moved to another server with very little notice. I'm happy to answer any other questions about XH on the other board as I don't want to waste the space over here. Again sorry for the disruption.

_____
As I've always said. I don't care who posts where. I don't run this thing as some big profit machine. But in my experience it's good to have choices on places to express your opinion. I don't harbor an "Us vs. Them" mentality either.

Kahns Krazy
09-22-2009, 02:56 PM
There's a "cartel" group on this board that's good for discussions of this nature. No need to put it out there in front of those who don't care to read it.

KFX, it's been too long. You going to make it to any games this year?

Emp
09-22-2009, 03:01 PM
He said/he said/many years ago. This whole "controversy" is worse than trying to parse out the Palestinian homeland issue. It pollutes the entire board. I agree with MOR and Q, grow up all of you, or go start your own Snipe/Gary Hardon board. It's juvenile with adult vocabulary.

While I'm trying to stay positive about this board, thanks to Muskie for making it available, moderating the pissing contests, and making Xavier basketball a fun thing to watch, talk about and enjoy.

American X
09-22-2009, 03:02 PM
Eastside J, not banned.

Untrue. For about another week.

I think a lot of newbies fail to grasp the depth of the history of some of these grudges.

Elitist.

There's a "cartel" group on this board that's good for discussions of this nature. No need to put it out there in front of those who don't care to read it.

He couldn't figure out where to put on Off Topic. You expect him to find The Cartel group? Maybe if you tell him it is near the Fifth Column.

Muskie1000
09-22-2009, 03:10 PM
There is one and only one big reason I quit posting over there and joined here and it was the speed of the site. I could always guarantee when I couldn't get on because of some big news story. As we all said, the hamsters were down. The hamsters over here, for the most part, seem to have enough energy to keep going. It would be so fustrating to have high speed internet and have that site load like you were on dial up and then only to error out because of too many users. I had enough of that aggrivation for a lifetime.

Titanxman04
09-22-2009, 03:16 PM
There is one and only one big reason I quit posting over there and joined here and it was the speed of the site. I could always guarantee when I couldn't get on because of some big news story. As we all said, the hamsters were down. The hamsters over here, for the most part, seem to have enough energy to keep going. It would be so fustrating to have high speed internet and have that site load like you were on dial up and then only to error out because of too many users. I had enough of that aggrivation for a lifetime.

Absolutely agree 100%. It still takes a while to load. It's not appealing to the eyes, and on top of that, it's just a slow, slow site.

Grant it, I rather enjoy the discussion on this board a bit more as well.

PM Thor
09-22-2009, 03:22 PM
Wow, glad I missed this whole mess. Today was the first day in probably about 10 months that I visited over there, and it wasn't fun. Just so freaking slow to load screens, over and over. Then there is the whole Mr. Neutral mess (fiasco, whatever). As has been said, the irony was lost on that thread, complaining about being banned, having it as your signature? Really? But whatever. (FYI, he banned me from there before, for something I said on a different board no less)

I do miss the interaction with Muskieman though, and I consider him a friend and the biggest and best Xavier fan and follower out there. I wish he would come over here.

I HATE dayton.

xnatic03
09-22-2009, 03:32 PM
I've never met Gary personally, but he is the guy that after talking to him, you look at other people and say "He's a Xavier fan?" I understand not wanting to always drink the kool-aid, but he should be under the name "Mr. Negativity" not "Mr. Neutral". He needs to quit whining over there about his ban over here.
However, I want to take up for the Skeldons, Jay in particular. I've known Jay since my days at Moeller (he was 2 years ahead of me).....and he is hands down one of the nicest guys I have ever met.
I got bored with MM as soon as I found this board. There is more valuable information over here than over there.....even when MM had more posters.

muskienick
09-22-2009, 03:36 PM
If you really want to experience a slow board, visit the A-10 chat site. Plus, about a third of the threads become ridiculously veiled "I hate Xavier" slams. You can probably already guess who the 4-5 (Muddy, Dunk, Dupree, etc.) UD miscreants are who cause this. Some of their thread titles are as unsubtle as a spade in the face!

blobfan
09-22-2009, 03:41 PM
If you really want to experience a slow board, visit the A-10 chat site. Plus, about a third of the threads become ridiculously veiled "I hate Xavier" slams. You can probably already guess who the 4-5 (Muddy, Dunk, Dupree, etc.) UD miscreants are who cause this. Some of their thread titles are as unsubtle as a spade in the face!

Oh, I love to visit that board for a good laugh. It's a dangerous place to visit, though, if you visit with your hackles up. Like reading the reader comments on the Enquirer. It's a game to see how many posts in in til you find an anti X comment. Maybe I just didn't notice before but the anti-X stuff seems pervasive these days. And I love it! The number of anti-X posts seems directly tied to how well we are doing.

xudash
09-22-2009, 03:55 PM
Oh, I love to visit that board for a good laugh. It's a dangerous place to visit, though, if you visit with your hackles up. Like reading the reader comments on the Enquirer. It's a game to see how many posts in in til you find an anti X comment. Maybe I just didn't notice before but the anti-X stuff seems pervasive these days. And I love it! The number of anti-X posts seems directly tied to how well we are doing.

It's kinda like Mars Attacks over there, with Muddy and Squidy and dunky and dupree-y, etc. as the Martians with the nasty country music song about to cue up and blow their heads off inside their helmets.

I don't think they can take much more Xavier success.

Muskie
09-22-2009, 05:59 PM

I'm trying to move us over to an even more stable server based on yesterdays events. That said... I'm closing this thread. We could talk about this stuff till the cows come home... I'm happy you guys like posting here and we'll keep it going as long as we can.