PDA

View Full Version : Prayers Please!!

Masterofreality
09-09-2009, 03:15 PM
Please pray for 1978 Xavier Graduate and Honored Lew Hirt Society Brother Mark Trausch and his son. Mark and his son Christopher were involved in a very serious car accident on Labor Day night in Indianapolis where they live. They were stopped at a stop light and were hit by a drunk driver going 80 mph. The driver had a 0.24 blood/alcohol level. Christopher has some broken bones in his face and other lacerations but should be OK. Mark has some broken ribs and a punctured lung. They have been very concerned about him and his blood pressure but feel that he should make it.

Again, please keep them both in your prayers. Mark is truly one of Xavier's best fans and supporters.

XU 87
09-09-2009, 03:18 PM
Done.

kmcrawfo
09-09-2009, 03:28 PM
Prayers Sent...

Muskie73
09-09-2009, 03:29 PM
got it covered

Muskie
09-09-2009, 03:55 PM
Please pray for 1978 Xavier Graduate and Honored Lew Hirt Society Brother Mark Trausch and his son. Mark and his son Christopher were involved in a very serious car accident on Labor Day night in Indianapolis where they live. They were stopped at a stop light and were hit by a drunk driver going 80 mph. The driver had a 0.24 blood/alcohol level. Christopher has some broken bones in his face and other lacerations but should be OK. Mark has some broken ribs and a punctured lung. They have been very concerned about him and his blood pressure but feel that he should make it.

Again, please keep them both in your prayers. Mark is truly one of Xavier's best fans and supporters.

MOR I read about this accident in the paper. They are in my prayers.

sirthought
09-09-2009, 04:04 PM
I will be thinking of both of them

vee4xu
09-09-2009, 04:28 PM
Mark is a classmate of mine, bourborman and xudash. In fact, dash is a very good friend of Mark's. I spent a lot of time with Mark during my time at X. He is a really funny guy with a sharp sense of humor. I am really sorry to hear about Mark and his son and really hope both fully recover. I will add them to my ever-growing prayer list.

Olsingledigit
09-09-2009, 06:16 PM
MOR thanks for posting this from the other board. I ran out of time. The update is that Mark is about the same today but they seem to be making progress on the blood pressure. Prayers still needed.

xeus
09-09-2009, 07:12 PM
done

Snipe
09-09-2009, 07:15 PM
Done deal.

bourbonman
09-09-2009, 07:17 PM
All in and done.

blobfan
09-09-2009, 07:18 PM
They will be in my prayers.

XURunner85
09-09-2009, 08:50 PM
they got my prayers

xudash
09-09-2009, 09:06 PM
Mark is a classmate of mine, bourborman and xudash. In fact, dash is a very good friend of Mark's. I spent a lot of time with Mark during my time at X. He is a really funny guy with a sharp sense of humor. I am really sorry to hear about Mark and his son and really hope both fully recover. I will add them to my ever-growing prayer list.

I just got back from being away from the machine all day. Damn, this hurts so much more when it involves people you know.

vee, thank you.

Crawl, God's speed to you. I hope you recover quickly and completely. You of all people know that Manford Man would want it that way - you were Blinded By The Light. You and your son are in my prayers tonight.

Call Crockett if you need anything and I'll chip in as you deem appropriate.

chico
09-09-2009, 09:46 PM
You got it, MOR.

xudash
09-09-2009, 10:52 PM
MOR or vee, it would be appreciated if you could provide me a PM, or note here which hospital Mark is in.

vee, I've cleaned up my PM's. Thanks in advance.

Fred Garvin
09-09-2009, 11:38 PM
Not fair. Let's rally.

wkrq59
09-10-2009, 01:35 AM
done..sent angel yesterday morning:)

vee4xu
09-10-2009, 08:25 AM
MOR or vee, it would be appreciated if you could provide me a PM, or note here which hospital Mark is in.

vee, I've cleaned up my PM's. Thanks in advance.

Dash, I tried sending you a pm yesterday, but got the full message. According to a 9/9 Indy Star article Mark is in Wishard Memorial Hospital.

Masterofreality
09-10-2009, 08:56 AM
Thanks, folks.

Olesingle, since you're local there in Indy, please keep posting updates as you get them.

My prayers are being sent continually and my wife's rosary group last night sent a bunch northward too.

Good luck Mark and Chris!!

Olsingledigit
09-10-2009, 09:56 AM
UPDATE on Mark - Not much is different. He is improving some but still in very serious condition, so please keep up the prayers.

Emp
09-10-2009, 10:41 AM
Tough one! Life is so random, despite all of our best plans to the contrary. All of my Musketeer karma out to this family.

xudash
09-10-2009, 11:53 AM
I called the hospital and was able to talk with Mark' wife.

As I write this, Mark is in an unconscious state - put there by the physicians - to deal with a compromised left lung. The procedure is designed to alleviate the severe pain that Mark is experiencing from that. He has a broken shoulder (front and back) and broken ribs (front and back). There are a number of things he'll have to work through, but, thank God, brain damage isn't one of them.

Mrs. Trausch made a specific request that we pray for Mark to move forward without contracting pneumonia or infections, and for the pain management protocols they're pursuing to work effectively.

Chris is banged up as well, as you know, but it sounds like he'll be okay over time.

The @sshole that did this to them had a prior DUI (over 5 years ago) and is out on bail from this incident. Nonetheless, they're lining up 4 felony counts against him. This guy will be praying for prison when Mark finds out the extent of the damage he caused to Mark's '59 Alpha-Romeo.

waggy
09-10-2009, 03:46 PM
I'll pray for the Alfa. ..And the Trausch family too.

xudash
09-10-2009, 05:19 PM
I'll pray for the Alfa. ..And the Trausch family too.

I don't know if the way I typed that made the post read poorly. Obviously, the only thing that really matters here is that Mark and his son recover fully.

Mark's wife mentioned the car, the meaning of it to the family, and a desire to repair it. She even noted that the car probably saved their lives (i.e. solid, older car made of steel, etc.). I just know that the car means a lot to Mark. I hope Chris and he recovers and that he can enjoy the car again at some point.

waggy
09-10-2009, 05:34 PM
No harm meant, but my post was probably in poor taste. It sounds like they will be okay, eventually, and I'm glad for that. Anyway, my apologies.

Masterofreality
09-13-2009, 01:37 PM
Report from Julie, Mark's sister, is that Chris is now home and recovering comfortably. Mark is still in the hospital but seems to be making slow progress.

Keep the prayers coming folks..........

xudash
09-25-2009, 03:36 PM
Bump.

Anyone have any updates on MT?

wkrq59
09-25-2009, 03:43 PM
Angel still on duty and won't leave till Mark does and even then may not be released from duty. Time for the garlic croutons and of course prayers continue. :D

xudash
09-25-2009, 03:55 PM
Angel still on duty and won't leave till Mark does and even then may not be released from duty. Time for the garlic croutons and of course prayers continue. :D

And how are you doing good sir? Perhaps I missed an update on you somewhere along the way.

xudash
11-12-2009, 06:13 PM
Please allow me to bump this up again.

Any updates on Mark would be appreciated.

XU 17
11-13-2009, 02:52 AM
Be well. You're in our prayers.

PM Thor
11-13-2009, 12:11 PM
Done...........