PDA

View Full Version : Bengals sign Andre Smith. Andre Smith breaks foot.

Kahns Krazy
09-01-2009, 04:57 PM
Seriously? Does God hate the Bengals?

GuyFawkes38
09-01-2009, 05:06 PM
Seriously? Does God hate the Bengals?

I consider it karma.

In all seriousness, I'm glad Smith at least will get some cash.

Fireball
09-01-2009, 05:32 PM
I guess that answers the question of if he'll play Thursday.

Jumpy
09-01-2009, 05:40 PM
I consider it karma.

In all seriousness, I'm glad Smith at least will get some cash.

Why and why?

danaandvictory
09-01-2009, 05:42 PM
Truly the most pathetic sports organization of all time. I like to think God, like me, is a frustrated Bengals fan that now roots for the worst possible things to happen to them in the vain hope Mike Brown commits suicide.

vee4xu
09-01-2009, 06:29 PM
Truly the most pathetic sports organization of all time. I like to think God, like me, is a frustrated Bengals fan that now roots for the worst possible things to happen to them in the vain hope Mike Brown commits suicide.

I think that Mikey is playing a game of chicken with Bengals fans with respect to suicide. Who will be first?

danaandvictory
09-01-2009, 06:34 PM
I think that Mikey is playing a game of chicken with Bengals fans with respect to suicide. Who will be first?

It's only a matter of time until there are no fans left to kill themselves.

PM Thor
09-01-2009, 06:43 PM
There was a time where I would care. Now I just laugh it off as yet another example of the black cloud that hangs over the Bungles. If I wasn't laughing, I'd be crying, oh well.

I HATE dayton.

Juice
09-01-2009, 08:32 PM
My goal of a blackout this season is almost a certainty now.

blobfan
09-02-2009, 12:58 PM
I saw that on the morning news, on the ticker that runs along the bottom of the screen. I laughed hard enough to get hubbies attention. Even funnier, he thought I was laughing at the news story, which was about people saying how Paula Abdul would be missed AI and how she's such a nice person.

Honestly, I don't know if Paula is nice or not and don't care. She's annoying.

I have to agree that this is about karma, possibly relating to the Bengals decision to call the FAA on an old guy flying a "Hire a GM" banner.

TheDanimal
09-02-2009, 01:06 PM
Call me skeptical, but I would bet this injury was the reason the Smith camp was willing to settle for a (comparatively) bad deal. Andre hurting his foot working out, telling Keels to get anything guaranteed, and then "fracturing" it while on the Bengals dime in a non-contact drill seems much more probable than Mikey and Katie ever getting the best of anybody.

Also, just noticed this is my 100th post, and it is about Bengals futility...ugh

boozehound
09-02-2009, 05:30 PM
They Bengals' luck really is amazingly bad. They are a very poorly run franchise, but they consistantly have bad luck as well.

It is looking like the offensive line is going to continue to be a problem this year, which is not a good thing. It is hard to do much without an O-line that is at least decent.

Unfortunately Carson isn't very mobile, either, so he can't really elude rushers...

XU 87
09-02-2009, 06:01 PM
And to think that before his injury the Bengals were only 7 or 8 players away from being a playoff contender.

But please don't talk about the Bengals having "bad luck". Injuries are part of the game. The Bengals lose because 1) they have terrible management that doesn't have winning as a priority and 2) as a result, they don't have good players and 3) there are no expectations for this team to win, only to "compete".

Teams like the Steelers seem to be able to develop players, particularly players drafted in the later rounds. The Bengals have had very little success doing the same.

Good programs can take players and develop them and make them bettter. Xavier basketball is a good example of this. Bad programs can't develop players. And the Bengals are a good example of a bad program that doesn't really know how to develop players.

But at least Mike will make a lot of money this year fielding yet another lousy team.

gladdenguy
09-03-2009, 02:38 PM
Its so depressing.

DC Muskie
09-03-2009, 04:04 PM
And to think that before his injury the Bengals were only 7 or 8 players away from being a playoff contender.

Now this is pretty funny. Not as funny as watching and reading about the Browns.

I've been watching the Hard Knocks stuff, is that Jeff, whatever his last name, the guy who has no football background?

When I saw Andre Smith, I thought to myself...The Bengals just signed a 14 year old year. Then I reminded myself, that I am old.