PDA

View Full Version : D'Vauntes Smith-Rivera (Commit Other)

Pages : [1] 2

xuphan
08-28-2009, 04:07 PM
http://www.indystar.com/article/20090828/SPORTS0615/908280335/1160/SPORTS0203/North+Central+s+Smith-Rivera+getting+stronger+for+his+sophomore+year

North Central's Smith-Rivera getting stronger for his sophomore year
By Kyle Neddenriep
Posted: August 28, 2009Read Comments(4)RecommendE-mail Print ShareA A Here's a scary thought for North Central High School basketball opponents: D'Vauntes Smith-Rivera started training with weights this week.

"I really haven't done it much before," said the solidly built 6-3 sophomore guard. "My coach, Doug Mitchell, wants to get me in there and get stronger."

Smith-Rivera is already one of the area's best at finishing around the basket. Teaming with senior Terone Johnson, a Purdue recruit, the Panthers should have one of the state's top backcourts.

Smith-Rivera shined on the 15-and-under Indiana Elite, attracting quite a following from major Division I coaches. Already with offers from Indiana, Purdue and Tennessee, Smith-Rivera said he's planning an unofficial visit soon to North Carolina. He also has a trip scheduled this weekend that will take him to campuses at Kentucky, Louisville and Xavier.

"I'm looking forward to the visits," Smith-Rivera said. "You see a lot of the coaches out at the tournaments, but it's nice to be able to see the school."

Smith-Rivera visited the North Carolina campus during a tournament in May. "I'd be interested in going there," he said. "I like how they run the program. I liked the school. Hopefully I'll get an offer."

Nocalmuskie
08-30-2009, 11:06 AM
http://www.courier-journal.com/blogs/demling/blog.html

I can confirm that Indianapolis North Central D'Vaunte Smith-Rivera - the 6-foot-3 bruising guard who is a top-20 player nationally - didn't attend the Indiana Elite Camp because he was scheduled to make unofficial visits to Louisville, Kentucky, Xavier and Cincinnati this weekend.

Titanxman04
08-30-2009, 12:42 PM
Very good news. Here's hoping that Mack and crew continue to do what they need to do! I have complete faith in our coaches, especially seeing as they have done more than their fair share already.

SixFig
08-30-2009, 12:58 PM
It's only a matter of time before we land a 5 star guy.

Then again, as soon as whoever it is commits to Xavier, he'll drop 25 spots in the rankings.

xudash
08-30-2009, 02:58 PM

Then again, as soon as whoever it is commits to Xavier, he'll drop 25 spots in the rankings.

After which he will drop 25 points a night on our competition.

xuphan
10-15-2009, 01:59 PM
Looks like he will be visiting again this weekend per Demlings Blog

Indianapolis North Central standout sophomore D'Vauntes Smith-Rivera will be making an unofficial visit to Xavier this weekend for a practice and football game. He's considered one of the elite sophomores in the country and many figured he would attend Hoosier Hysteria in Bloomington on Friday.

JimmyTwoTimes37
10-15-2009, 02:00 PM

Indianapolis North Central standout sophomore D'Vauntes Smith-Rivera will be making an unofficial visit to Xavier this weekend for a practice and football game. He's considered one of the elite sophomores in the country and many figured he would attend Hoosier Hysteria in Bloomington on Friday.

Oh wow......Who's recruiting him? Steele?

dc_x
10-15-2009, 02:19 PM

What football game?

MD Muskie
10-15-2009, 02:24 PM
What football game?

maybe he was able to get a bengals-texans ticket since no one else is going.

DC Muskie
10-15-2009, 02:30 PM

Ain't that the truth.

After which he will drop 25 points a night on our competition.

HEEEEYYYYYOOO!!!

MADXSTER
10-15-2009, 04:07 PM
Does Mack/Kelsey/Steele/Bino ever sleep!!

Masterofreality
10-15-2009, 09:05 PM
This football game?- as posted by Nickgyp- the Guru of Xavier Football.

Muskies football Saturday at Roger Bacon

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Coach Powers' 3-1 Muskies host the Cougars of So. Illinois (Edwardsville) at 7:30 PM at Roger Bacon in league play. Bron Bacevich field is a great place to watch a football game and it should be a good night for football!

LutherRackleyRulez
10-17-2009, 07:27 AM
Per Jody Demling/Louisvile C-J....

Oh the Madness

Welcome, it's a new basketball season!

The Madness began earlier tonight and there are plenty of recruits on campus all across the nation, including at the three local schools.

The biggest news of the night came out of Bloomington, Ind., for Indiana coach Tom Crean.

After word leaked on Wednesday that stud Indianapolis sophomore D'Vauntes Smith-Rivera would be on the Xavier campus and miss Hoosier Hysteria there were some that thought IU was losing ground for the prized prospect.

But on Friday night, Smith-Rivera made his way to Assembly Hall and was under a basket watching the Hysteria. I heard he might have made a trip to Xavier earlier in the day but as of right now the only confirmation is that he was at Hoosier Hysteria.

http://www.courier-journal.com/blogs/demling/2009/10/oh-madness.html#comments

Titanxman04
10-17-2009, 07:45 AM
Curious. And I don't see it as good news, though, I would like to see this kid show up to Musketeer Madness on the 24th. That'd be nice. Hopefully we're still in the running.

XU-XHI
10-17-2009, 08:14 AM
Well gang, Smith-Rivera can't be in two places at one time much less his parents, per Shannon's Blog,
"Just returned from XU's first practice and it was great to see the team back in action. There were quite a few spectators at the two-hour practice, including Class of 2012 prospective player D'Vauntes Smith-Rivera and his parents." (http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=blog05&plckController=Blog&plckScript=blogScript&plckElementId=blogDest&plckBlogPage=BlogViewPost&plckPostId=Blog%3afdda4dab-ab39-43a7-8ba8-36da2f75a889Post%3adb03dab0-11b8-40d3-9b04-ca6d7a84a50c&sid=sitelife.cincinnati.com)

Unless Shannon's eyes deceive her, I think the IU fans have more to be concerned about at this time.

Cincy Muskie
10-17-2009, 08:44 AM
IF our practice was around 5 PM or so he could conceivably made it to Bloomington by midnight. Long way to go on this recruitment and he is only a sophomore. Two years from now he might not be as highly rated as he is now. . .

XU-XHI
10-17-2009, 09:01 AM
True - He easily could have been back. Shannon's post was at 8:21 pm. With that said, given he was at X with his parents before heading to IU shows serious interest. All you can really ask for from a young kid.

Woodburn
03-13-2010, 06:24 PM
Watched this kid play today. Awesome court awareness. Footwork and hands looked great. Finished well in the lane. Not sure on his shooting ability mainly because he didn't have to shoot outside.

Woodburn
03-20-2010, 08:46 PM
DSR comes through big in the clutch today v. Jeffersonville. See:
http://www.indystar.com/article/20100320/SPORTS0203/3200361/North-Central-wins-advances-to-Class-4A-title-game (http://www.indystar.com/article/20100320/SPORTS0203/3200361/North-Centrl-wins-advances-to-Class-4A-title-game)

Xman95
03-20-2010, 09:57 PM
I really hope Mack & Co. can get this kid to play for X.

muskie12
04-02-2010, 12:21 AM
DSR is currently following a lot of the X players on twitter. Hopefully this is a good sign

muskie12
04-02-2010, 12:29 AM
Here is the link for anyone interested

http://twitter.com/Dvauntes44

More Cowbell
04-02-2010, 06:54 AM
Looks like Xavier players and coaches are the only players/coaches he is following.

shock3
04-19-2010, 02:34 AM
DSR had 41 points in the championship game out in CO. Might be the most impression aau stat I've heard in a long time

LutherRackleyRulez
04-19-2010, 06:07 AM
Per Brian Snow's twitter......

"This is officially stupid," comment from respected Indiana High School coach as Smith-Rivera gets point 40 in the championship game.
about 13 hours ago via web

Smith-Rivera has to have about 30 as Indiana Elite takes a 15 pt lead in second half
about 13 hours ago via web

Per Jody Demling/Louisville C-J.......

Lots of hardware for the Indiana Elite program this weekend. The Indiana Elite/Team Indiana 16s picked up 41 points from D'Vauntes Smith-Rivera in the title game to win the Double Pump Tournament in Denver, while the Indiana Elite One 16s won the title in the Iowa Barnstormers Spring Fling.

http://jodydemling.courier-journal.com/2010/04/weekend-leftovers.html#comments

shock3
04-23-2010, 11:01 PM
DSR will be back at it again tomorrow. I hope to see his Indiana Elite Team Indiana team play tomorrow. will post report if i see him

shock3
04-26-2010, 10:56 AM
DSR plays more PG in AAU than he does in high school because his HS team is so guard loaded. I haven't seen him go against another elite pg in aau yet so I'm not sure how that would go. He does handle it well and didn't have many turnovers against weak competition.

His shooting is coming around. His form definitely looks good. He isn't going to blow by many guards at the college level so his shooting will have to be great so he has a chance of going around someone who is playing too close.

No hint of him leveling off and being complacent with his abilities which is very good since he is done growing at an early age.

Xman95
04-26-2010, 11:12 AM
No hint of him leveling off and being complacent with his abilities which is very good since he is done growing at an early age.

Maybe. What's to say this kid (who is still in his soph. year) doesn't continue to grow? Maybe he winds 6'8" with guard skills. Not saying it's going to happen, but it would seem it's not out of the realm of possibility.

SixFig
04-26-2010, 11:18 AM
DSR plays more PG in AAU than he does in high school because his HS team is so guard loaded. I haven't seen him go against another elite pg in aau yet so I'm not sure how that would go. He does handle it well and didn't have many turnovers against weak competition.

His shooting is coming around. His form definitely looks good. He isn't going to blow by many guards at the college level so his shooting will have to be great so he has a chance of going around someone who is playing too close.

Sounds like the scouting report on another highly rated Indiana PG...Dedrick Finn.

Sorry that's what came to mind:(:(:(

shock3
04-26-2010, 05:13 PM
Maybe. What's to say this kid (who is still in his soph. year) doesn't continue to grow? Maybe he winds 6'8" with guard skills. Not saying it's going to happen, but it would seem it's not out of the realm of possibility.

well he has been about the same height for 3 years now. Probably has grown about an inch or inch and half since 8th grade. He is already taller than his parents and he can grow a beard. Those things usually mean you are done growing, but I could be wrong.

smileyy
04-26-2010, 11:32 PM
You can examine growth plates and other direct and secondary indicators of growth to get a good idea of whether a player is done growing.

Woodburn
04-27-2010, 09:07 AM
Sounds like the scouting report on another highly rated Indiana PG...Dedrick Finn.

Sorry that's what came to mind:(:(:(

IMHO, DSR is a much more talented scorer than Finn. Kid can always get his shot off.

Smails
04-27-2010, 10:46 AM
IMHO, DSR is a much more talented scorer than Finn. Kid can always get his shot off.

And Dedrick Finn wouldn't be 6'3 225 if he was wearing platform shoes and carrying a 45 pound dumbell

Xman95
04-27-2010, 03:12 PM

Why would that sound like Finn? I didn't see anything in the DSR report that mentioned pugs.

More Cowbell
04-27-2010, 03:32 PM
Did someone say Smith-Rivera is going to jail for up to 50 years for dealing cocaine?

http://www.courierpress.com/news/2007/sep/29/former-player-facing-charges/

Masterofreality
04-27-2010, 09:17 PM
Well, there sure was a lot of noise about DFinn's arrest two years ago, but he was at an XU game this year- in a different state which would not be permitted if he was still awaiting a trial for a felony, I don't believe.

Is this another case of a kid being tried and convicted in the newspaper and then going free with no accompanying publicity for that?

There is no press about DFinn's case since 2007. He is apparently free to travel interstate. How about us guys on here get a few facts before we start casting aspersions, huh?

If someone has access to the case, please post the outcome here.

A10fan
05-18-2010, 09:00 AM
Looks like "right now" X is in his top3 with KY and IU. Hopefully, Steele has enough of a relationship with him. Would be a huge pick up. The second video talks about his favorites.

http://jodydemling.courier-journal.com/

C'mon Mack and Steele!

MADXSTER
05-18-2010, 12:55 PM
I have noticed how Indy Star, now the Louisville Courier really down play Xavier. Notice that the tags are ..... Labels: D'Vauntes Smith-Rivera, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisville

The Indy Star has left out Xavier as schools that are recruiting players. I would think that once Xavier gets a couple of these guys, their audience is going to be ticked and wondering where Xavier came from and how did they steal these recruits.

Xman95
05-18-2010, 10:54 PM
Looks like "right now" X is in his top3 with KY and IU.

At this point I'm always depressed when Kentucky is in the mix. I think Calipari is as shady as they get and, if he wants a player, he'll stop at nothing to land the recruit.

Nocalmuskie
06-06-2010, 10:48 PM
The Muskies are after this kid, who is considering heading to prep school on the East Coast

http://www.indystar.com/article/20100604/SPORTS0203/6040349/1160/SPORTS0203/Smith-Rivera-might-attend-prep-school

gladdenguy
06-06-2010, 11:09 PM
That would be a good thing for the Muskies

SixFig
06-07-2010, 12:36 AM
That would be a good thing for the Muskies

Doubt it. From the sound of the article his mother is quoted as saying this move would "increase east coast exposure"....which is translation for Xavier, Indiana, Louisville are not good enough for DSR.

xavierj
06-07-2010, 08:26 AM
No really this would not be a bad thing for Xavier. IU yes, but not Xavier. He is going to play for a guy that Tom Crean just fired. That should tell you something.

gladdenguy
06-07-2010, 09:20 AM
No really this would not be a bad thing for Xavier. IU yes, but not Xavier. He is going to play for a guy that Tom Crean just fired. That should tell you something.

Exactly my point. DSR does not want to go that far away from home. His two top choices are XU and IU. Playing for a guy Crean fired does not bode well for IU.
Thanks xavierj, you knew what I was referring to.

More Cowbell
06-07-2010, 09:41 AM
I think we still have a great shot with this kid. If you look at his twitter page, he is following half of the Xavier team/coaches.

sash19
06-07-2010, 10:41 AM
I think we still have a great shot with this kid. If you look at his twitter page, he is following half of the Xavier team/coaches.

Xavier still has a very good shot with DSR......

Xman95
06-07-2010, 12:11 PM
Here's a post from DSR on Twitter Sunday night:

had a coo day, making my decision wednesday for sure, relax world... skylar diggans stupid crush..

Not sure if that means a decision on college, prep, etc. But, if it's college, hopefully we hear on Wednesday that DSR is heading to X!

GoMuskies
06-08-2010, 09:53 AM
the Louisville Courier really down play Xavier. Notice that the tags are ..... Labels: D'Vauntes Smith-Rivera, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisville

This is only because the C-J covers Indiana, Kentucky and Louisville and not Xavier. They don't have a Xavier tag. Notice all the other schools mentioned that didn't get tagged.

MADXSTER
06-08-2010, 12:01 PM
This is only because the C-J covers Indiana, Kentucky and Louisville and not Xavier. They don't have a Xavier tag. Notice all the other schools mentioned that didn't get tagged.

Ah, learn something everyday. I still say they downplay Xavier as they rarely mention them as contenders for said players. Actually the C-J IMO has excellent sports coverage for the locals. I pick up alot of good info from them and have C-J on my favorites.

More Cowbell
06-10-2010, 04:00 PM
http://blogs.indystar.com/recruitingcentral/2010/06/north-centrals.html

SixFig
06-10-2010, 04:49 PM
http://blogs.indystar.com/recruitingcentral/2010/06/north-centrals.html

Good news IMO. Keeps him in our backyard and in Travis Steele's Hot Zone.

Xman95
06-16-2010, 08:24 PM
FYI - DSR picked up an offer from Miami (Fla) today.

SixFig
06-16-2010, 09:18 PM
Per Indy Star Twitter:

First phone call for North Central's D'Vauntes Smith-Rivera (2012) came at midnight last night. From ... Xavier.

For me it would be a true disappointment not to get this kid. He is the first McDonalds AA type we have ever really had a shot at. Mack and Co. are really going at him as priority number 1.

smileyy
06-16-2010, 10:08 PM
FYI - DSR picked up an offer from Miami (Fla) today.

That's not exactly a compelling offer.

xu95
06-18-2010, 11:18 AM
That's not exactly a compelling offer.

Not for basketball, but for girls......

xu95

JimmyTwoTimes37
06-28-2010, 02:24 PM
http://www.indystar.com/section/VideoNetwork?bctid=101539131001#/Recruiting+Central%3A+Class+2012%27s+top+hoops+pla yer/101539131001

BandAid
06-28-2010, 02:44 PM
http://www.indystar.com/section/VideoNetwork?bctid=101539131001#/Recruiting+Central%3A+Class+2012%27s+top+hoops+pla yer/101539131001

I was really impressed with that interview. At the end when DSR was asked about Hammons and Harris he primarily mentioned his team's encounters with those players. Very good interview for a young man still in high school.

xudash
07-27-2010, 09:54 PM
Bucknuts is reporting that Ohio State has made him an offer.

whitesox
08-30-2010, 04:11 PM
Jody Demling, speaking about DSR in his chat today:

"DSR was at IU elite camp on Saturday but didn't play. Where do you see him ending up? "

Demling: "I still think Xavier is going to be strong with DSR"

Also said he thinks DSR is slightly better than Yogi Ferrell at this point because his body is more ready for college.

http://jodydemling.courier-journal.com/2010/08/live-recruiting-chat-monday-at-1-pm.html

tmac03
09-09-2010, 11:23 AM
Can't link to it, but per Scout, DSR is down to us, Wake, Miami, OSU, Georgetown and IU.

MADXSTER
09-09-2010, 03:42 PM
Per twitter

INBRecruits 6'4" PG D'Vauntes Smith-Rivera has cut his list to Georgetown, Indiana, Miami, OSU, Wake and Xavier

muskie12
09-09-2010, 06:50 PM
Wow. I hope this is a sign...
"Xavier only school in site today, i see who really wants me to play there guard position at the next level.. great day 3 workouts"
This is dsr's latest tweet

JimmyTwoTimes37
09-09-2010, 06:59 PM
Great find Muskie!!

muskie12
09-09-2010, 08:15 PM
Check the new thread in the Men's Basketball board

SixFig
09-09-2010, 09:43 PM
Would a class of Gary Harris, DSR and AJ Hammons be top 10 in the nation? Top 5?

Our coaches are amazing...how they show so much love to so many recruits at once is remarkable.

Furthermore, Coach Mack has gone on record as saying Xavier is his dream school...so no doubt whether he will stay or not. Each cadre of recruits is an improvement upon the other.

There really is no limit to Xavier basketball

Titanxman04
09-09-2010, 09:52 PM
Holy hell, that is awesome to see. Come to X man! Make it official!

What a get he would be, and seriously, is there anyone on this board NOT impressed with the recruiting? Anyone? If so, kindly leave, you're not worth my time.

GO X! GO DSR!

Jumpy
09-10-2010, 06:21 AM
Would a class of Gary Harris, DSR and AJ Hammons be top 10 in the nation? Top 5?

Our coaches are amazing...how they show so much love to so many recruits at once is remarkable.

Furthermore, Coach Mack has gone on record as saying Xavier is his dream school...so no doubt whether he will stay or not. Each cadre of recruits is an improvement upon the other.

Highly unlikely that Gary Harris and DSR end up at the same school. A class of DSR, Hammons and whomever would still be damn good, though.

More Cowbell
09-10-2010, 07:27 AM
Check the new thread in the Men's Basketball board

Great Find...But why didn't you post that message on this thread?

bobbiemcgee
09-10-2010, 07:59 AM
http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=20109100382

Muskie1000
09-10-2010, 08:15 AM

Whoa - don't drink the lemonade so fast. I hope that Mack is sincere about X being his dream job. But until the big boys come knocking and he says "no" will I seriously start to believe. Been down that road way too many times.

xufan02
09-10-2010, 09:17 AM
A lot of IU fans hating on DSR for his tweet.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=170&f=2353&t=6340487

madness31
09-10-2010, 11:33 AM
This is great to hear.

I'm not worried about Mack leaving as long as Kelsey is still here. He will most likely be a great head coach and is a great recruiter so the Xavier tradition should live on if Mack decides to leave. This is not to say I am hoping for Mack to leave as it is way to early to form an opinion on how good a coach Mack is. He has proven he is a great recruiter but we will have to see what he does with the talent. There are some good signs and areas for improvement from last year but no one should expect perfection and especially not in year one.

JTG
09-10-2010, 12:05 PM
How is it that we seem to be on the list of every Indiana star ? Is it Steele ? I remember the days when Indiana kids wouldn't even give X a thought, let alone visit and commit, and have a great four years, ala Stan Burrell and others.

boozehound
09-10-2010, 12:38 PM
I think we can thank Sampson and the fact that IU has smoked giant pole in recent years for part of our success in Indiana, as well as the fact that Xavier is becoming more of a destination program for highly touted recruits with each passing year.

dc_x
09-10-2010, 01:01 PM
How is it that we seem to be on the list of every Indiana star ? Is it Steele ? I remember the days when Indiana kids wouldn't even give X a thought, let alone visit and commit, and have a great four years, ala Stan Burrell and others.

Because IU hasn't been relevant since 2002. Since they went to the title game in 2002, they haven't made it out of the 2nd round since. In the same time, Xavier has 2 elite 8s and 2 sweet 16s.

IU has great tradition, a huge fan base, and they have won 5 titles, but the last title was in 1987. 2012 recruits were born in 1994. They don't care...just like high school football players don't care about Notre Dame.

HS players care about 2 things: 1. winning in March and 2. playing in the NBA. Xavier has won a lot in March and has more players in the NBA than IU (4 for XU, 3 for IU).

Muskie73
09-10-2010, 01:18 PM
A lot of IU fans hating on DSR for his tweet.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=170&f=2353&t=6340487

After reading the comments, I almost thought Dayton fans were calm and rational. Then I sat back and reconsidered. Nah, they still aren't.:D

GoMuskies
09-10-2010, 01:39 PM
I really enjoy IU's irrelevance. I hope it lasts a while longer.

boozehound
09-10-2010, 02:44 PM
I really enjoy IU's irrelevance. I hope it lasts a while longer.

They really don't seem to know that they are irrelevant, either. IU fans have become quite the historians lately.

MADXSTER
09-10-2010, 03:23 PM
Indiana recruits = Steele

Steele is from Danville Indiana. Played ball and was coaching AAU ball since he was probably 18 years old. Lots of Indiana connections. He was also on the IU staff(not as an asst coach) with Kelvin Sampson.

Also throw in the fact that Justin Martin is from Indy(and the kid has alot of connections himself). Jordan Crawford has alot of Indiana connections.

Purdue has filled up their scholarships leaving Notre Dame.

Michigan State recruits in Michigan and dabs around Ohio and Indiana for the most part. Ohio State hits Ohio, Indiana, and Illinois.

IU is in the crapper.
Michigan is in the crapper.
Cincinnati is in the crapper.

But if you really must know why Xavier is rocking in Indiana,

IT'S BECAUSE OF BIG MAN ON CAMPUS..........

JOE HUGHES from Indy. Seriously, who wouldn't want to HOOP with JOE HUGHES.

Xman95
09-10-2010, 04:16 PM

Teen Wolf, baby!!!

KFX
09-10-2010, 04:26 PM
Sorry -- but can someone enlighten me as to who DSR is?

delynn10
09-10-2010, 04:42 PM
http://rivals.yahoo.com/basketballrecruiting/basketball/recruiting/player-D'Vauntes-Smith-Rivera-91036;_ylt=AmM_O1fBfWz4tPBiHjM5ZInVO5B4

D'Vauntes Smith-Rivera

bobbiemcgee
09-10-2010, 06:13 PM
Indiana recruits = Steele

Steele is from Danville Indiana. Played ball and was coaching AAU ball since he was probably 18 years old. Lots of Indiana connections. He was also on the IU staff(not as an asst coach) with Kelvin Sampson.

Also throw in the fact that Justin Martin is from Indy(and the kid has alot of connections himself). Jordan Crawford has alot of Indiana connections.

Purdue has filled up their scholarships leaving Notre Dame.

Michigan State recruits in Michigan and dabs around Ohio and Indiana for the most part. Ohio State hits Ohio, Indiana, and Illinois.

IU is in the crapper.
Michigan is in the crapper.
Cincinnati is in the crapper.

But if you really must know why Xavier is rocking in Indiana,

IT'S BECAUSE OF BIG MAN ON CAMPUS..........

Anybody know the status of his schollie? Was it a one and done deal or does he automatically get it back for this yr.?...or am I thinking of Feeney?

Masterofreality
09-10-2010, 09:41 PM

Tom Crean is an arrogant ass. T Steele works his ass off. There's your difference.

Crean just seems to think that Indiana kids will just come to Indiana because they are Indiana whereas Xavier just works the kids with attention.

There you go.

MADXSTER
10-16-2010, 01:51 PM
Dvauntes44 @r_purvis44 a we need to talk bruh asap, we gotta discuss somerhings my brutha

xtremefan13
10-23-2010, 09:48 PM
DSR commits to X!!!!!!

xtremefan13
10-23-2010, 09:49 PM
via Dejuan Marrero's tweet

#shoutout to my bro D'vaunte Smith for comitting to the X family !

BandAid
10-23-2010, 09:54 PM
Woo-hoo!!

X Factor
10-23-2010, 09:56 PM
SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!

BIG TIME commitment! Great news.

Welcome to Xavier, DSR!!!

smileyy
10-23-2010, 10:11 PM
Rivals has him as the #25 recruit in his class, and #3 PG. Is this XU's highest rated signee ever?

jhelmes37
10-23-2010, 10:12 PM
Rivals has him as the #25 recruit in his class, and #3 PG. Is this XU's highest rated signee ever?

I believe so. Up to this point, Kenny was our highest at #40, I think.

MADXSTER
10-23-2010, 10:35 PM
Nice write up by Zags

http://www.zagsblog.com/2010/10/23/big-recruiting-weekend-at-xavier/#more-41404

xsteve1
10-23-2010, 10:36 PM
Didn't see it posted here....

http://www.zagsblog.com/2010/10/23/big-recruiting-weekend-at-xavier/#more-41404

waggy
10-23-2010, 10:40 PM
6'-4", 220 lbs

:)

CleXU
10-23-2010, 10:43 PM
HELLL YA

awesome news... hopefully DSR and DEZ and convince some more top talent to jump on board.... Love being an X fan baby

HuskyMuskie
10-23-2010, 10:48 PM
TOO awesome. He looked good here tonight at Madness. The ribbon boards couldn't have looked better tonight, by the way. But a GREAT pick up for X. I'm not sure that news has spread around campus yet, but i'll see that it does after I cross check with other sources and Rivals.

GO MUSKIES GO

GuyFawkes38
10-23-2010, 10:57 PM
woooohooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CleXU
10-23-2010, 10:58 PM
Dave Telep at ESPN now also confirming DSR to X.

D'Vauntes Smith-Rivera is a Musketeer. Xavier's Musketeer Madness yielded a significant commitment from ESPN's No. 29 junior.

http://twitter.com/DaveTelep

Shannon is also reporting it... http://cincinnati.com/blogs/xavier/2010/10/23/dvauntes-smith-rivera-commits/

HuskyMuskie
10-23-2010, 11:02 PM
ESPN officially reporting. DSR's ESPN and Rivals profile has officially been switched over to X. Offically commited to X. Could NOT be happier.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/77077/dvauntes-smith-rivera

http://rivals.yahoo.com/xavier/basketball/recruiting/player-D'Vauntes-Smith-Rivera-91036

SixFig
10-23-2010, 11:22 PM
Can you hear that sound...

...it's the sound of DSR's rankings dropping like a rock.

Who cares!

Welcome to the family Mr. Rivera!

GuyFawkes38
10-23-2010, 11:28 PM
incredible!!!!!

Congrats to Mack and DSR.

shock3
10-23-2010, 11:33 PM
He's more like 6'2 but on a college roster that is the equivalent to 6'4. Great pickup for X. If he keeps improving his outside shooting then you will have an unbelievable career.

I wonder what this does to Gary Harris' thinking. Does it help or hurt? A lot of guards coming in with Davis, Wells, DSR. Harris could play the 1,2, or 3 though.

DoubleD86
10-23-2010, 11:36 PM
Sweeeeet!

Titanxman04
10-23-2010, 11:37 PM
Sniff... Sniff... You all smell that?!? It's a FINAL FOUR in the future! It's getting closer. DSR, welcome to the Xavier family!

BBC 08
10-23-2010, 11:48 PM

...it's the sound of DSR's rankings dropping like a rock.

Who cares!

Welcome to the family Mr. Rivera!

This.

SixFig
10-23-2010, 11:53 PM
He's more like 6'2 but on a college roster that is the equivalent to 6'4. Great pickup for X. If he keeps improving his outside shooting then you will have an unbelievable career.

I wonder what this does to Gary Harris' thinking. Does it help or hurt? A lot of guards coming in with Davis, Wells, DSR. Harris could play the 1,2, or 3 though.

Not to mention incumbents Lyons, Redford, Canty, and Martin.

A glut of riches!

Make room in Cintas for a Final Four banner!

cinskyline
10-24-2010, 05:54 AM
Wow! Great news.

This definitely takes some of the sting out of the news of Redford's injury.

Welcome to Xavier, DSR!

Xpectations
10-24-2010, 06:22 AM
Awesome day to be a Muskie fan! Welcome aboard, DSR!!!

Porkopolis
10-24-2010, 07:02 AM
Tremendous news. We are entering a golden era that will make the past decade look mediocre by comparison. Go X!

DC Muskie
10-24-2010, 07:23 AM
I love my freakin school.

Awesome news!

rworkman09
10-24-2010, 08:15 AM
I knew it was only a matter of time until you guys landed a top 25 player (I'm going by Rivals ranking). Congrats!

You guys need to do whatever it takes to keep Chris Mack. Being a Xavier guy though, I can't imagine him leaving unless the best of best jobs comes available at a salary Xavier can't match.
________
Weed Bubblers (http://bubblers.net/)

tmac03
10-24-2010, 08:39 AM
Freaking awesome! Welcome to the fold DSR!

boozehound
10-24-2010, 08:43 AM
This is definitely great news!!!! Welcome to Xavier DSR!!

Masterofreality
10-24-2010, 08:44 AM
With all due respect to the vagaries of recruiting rankings,

Giggity.........Giggity, and, uh........................................Giggity.

Now, about that Rodney P. kid......

UCGRAD4X
10-24-2010, 09:06 AM
Seems to be picking up steam!

It's getting to the point that when we lose a great player like JCraw, no doubt a huge loss, or a player like Redofrd goes down, very unfortunate to be sure, but it is next-man-in now in Muskieville - and the next man is not a drop-off but an opportunity to see another star rise.

rhyno2110
10-24-2010, 09:08 AM
I've never woken up to better news in my life!

Who cares if my Cowboys lose Monday night, because I can just imagine the places where DSR can take us!

Masterofreality
10-24-2010, 09:10 AM

It's Tom Crean's head exploding. BOOM goes the dynamite....

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_OQJOqSI4X4c/SH9ole1FlvI/AAAAAAAADoA/5bbivTIUeeI/s400/exploding+head.jpg

FIGHTING MUSKETEER
10-24-2010, 09:45 AM
My first post in a loooong time (although I stop by constantly) but given the circumstances I had to post something ‘cause I need to share with you that I see a tunnel and a very bright light and at the end of the tunnel there is sign that thus far reads XAVIER NAT_ON_L CHA_PI_NS and I know it will clear up sooner than later. If last night the "I got a feeling that tonight its going to be a good, good night" song was not played at MM lets go back in time and play it (and in the process of going back to the future we tell Brad to call in sick and stay home – what a bummer). And I got a feeling that Dejuan Marrero is also coming to play for us and then we will have another great team with our first latin connection, a wonderful one to say the least. Having to “watch” all this from far, far away is a little frustrating but I’m soooo joyful that I don’t mind checking all the different basketball sites on a many-times-a-day basis. Duke, step aside ‘cause here comes the X and we are READY TO RUMBLE.

Cheesehead
10-24-2010, 10:02 AM
This is a big pickup for X. I keep telling people a Final 4 is on the horizion for X. It's going to happen. They have everything they need to compete at that level; a first-class facility; good academics; first-rate staff over the years (even with the turnover); and administration that believes in the program and understands that a successful basketball program helps the University achieve its other goals.

XULucho27
10-24-2010, 10:21 AM
This is AWESOME!!!

I was just going to take it easy today but this calls for a Sunday Funday to celebrate!!!

Welcome to X D'Vauntes!!

ReturnOfTheMack
10-24-2010, 11:18 AM
We're not just going to knock down the door, we're about to blow out the door like the damn feds...
________
Honda sh150i (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Honda_SH150i)

PM Thor
10-24-2010, 12:52 PM
I too am excited about this commitment. Now to sweat out the time until the actual signing...

I HATE dayton.

Drew's Crew
10-24-2010, 01:37 PM
This is so awesome, I come back from a weekend of hunting in Minnesota exhausted only to be greeted by news of DSR, Chandler, and possibly more. Unreal!

surfxu
10-24-2010, 02:41 PM
Heard this news about 2 hours after MM while hanging around campus w/ my sophomore daughter. Big buzz around campus about DSR's commit. All the kids were talking about it. Celebrated the news w/ a few rounds of beer pong. Congrats to the coaching staff and to DSR.

XU 87
10-24-2010, 04:19 PM
Get ready for another announcement.

X Factor
10-24-2010, 05:01 PM

http://bradrants.com/blog/uploaded/BradRants/Images/Misc/WhatYouTalkinBoutWillis.jpg

wkrq59
10-24-2010, 05:06 PM
Welcome DSR & Michael to the Xavier family. The only thing that would make this whole weekend even better would be the news that Martin will be allowed to play by the NCAA that has screwed Xavier in the past.
Things are beginning to look up even more.
:logo::shield::sword:

xu15
10-24-2010, 05:15 PM

Don't tease me like that. What's the deal?

bobbiemcgee
10-24-2010, 05:21 PM
does it rhyme with Never Nervous"

xtremefan13
10-24-2010, 05:22 PM
hahah, i hope it rhymes with that.

You have got me excited!!!

CleXU
10-24-2010, 06:02 PM
DSR on making decision

"My parents wanted me to actually know what I was looking for in a school [before I decided]," he added. "I think my parents knew for a long time that it was going to come down to this school."

"Travis that's like my big brother," Smith-Rivera said. "Coach Steele and the way he recruited me and the way he approached it was just a comfortable feeling. I felt like I could believe everything he said. I think he was truly honest about the way he recruited me."

http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/1014948.html

SixFig
10-24-2010, 06:11 PM
If my count is correct...we have 1 scholly open for 2012 with the unfortunate Redford redshirt.

Kyle Anderson #5 overall in 2012 is visiting in November. IMO it will be a race between Purvis, Marerro and Anderson to see who commits first!

kyxu
10-24-2010, 06:19 PM
DSR on making decision

"My parents wanted me to actually know what I was looking for in a school [before I decided]," he added. "I think my parents knew for a long time that it was going to come down to this school."

"Travis that's like my big brother," Smith-Rivera said. "Coach Steele and the way he recruited me and the way he approached it was just a comfortable feeling. I felt like I could believe everything he said. I think he was truly honest about the way he recruited me."

http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/1014948.html

Travis Steele is an outstanding recruiter...which makes me nervous. There's a good chance he and DSR will never sit on the same bench together. Steele is a hot commodity, and could very well move on in the next year or two. Hopefully, it won't sway DSR's decision to remain a Xavier guy.

If the rumblings are true, and Xavier gets a third in the next few days, it would be one of the most epic weekends in Xavier basketball history.

The gauntlet has been thrown...

X Factor
10-24-2010, 06:32 PM
Travis Steele is an outstanding recruiter...which makes me nervous. There's a good chance he and DSR will never sit on the same bench together. Steele is a hot commodity, and could very well move on in the next year or two. Hopefully, it won't sway DSR's decision to remain a Xavier guy.

If the rumblings are true, and Xavier gets a third in the next few days, it would be one of the most epic weekends in Xavier basketball history.

The gauntlet has been thrown...

Boooooo! Talk about a buzzkill. Can I negative rep you for these atrocious comments? :D

If any of the coaches leave, it will probably be Kelsey for a HC job.

But let's not even think about these things.

DoubleD86
10-24-2010, 06:36 PM
I have heard some people talk about getting Hammons as well.

I could be wrong but I have to think that with Chandler (6'10" 220 C) that the ship on Hammons sailed right?

Would they really take another 6'10 C, and would he really want to come with Chandler signed up? I know they are a year apart but if Chandler is as good as advertised Hammons would be a 3-year back up. Plus there is talk of Chandler reclassifying to 2012, meaning they would be the same class.

Anyone else have more knowledge/insight?

Edit: Mixed up Hammons and Marrero originally. Have seen some talking about getting Hammons still, but wouldn't the ship be gone for him?

anXUfan
10-24-2010, 06:42 PM
Why do people keep talking about Marerro committing?

I could be wrong but I have to think that with Chandler (6'10" 220 C) that the ship on Marerro sailed right?

Would they really take another 6'10 C, and would he really want to come with Chandler signed up? I know they are a year apart but if Chandler is as good as advertised Marerro would be a 3-year back up. Plus there is talk of Chandler reclassifying to 2012, meaning they would be the same class.

Anyone else have more knowledge/insight?

Isn't Marerro a 6'5" SF?

DoubleD86
10-24-2010, 06:45 PM
Isn't Marerro a 6'5" SF?

Well that explains it. I was mixing up Hammons and Marrerro.

I will change it to Hammons up there, but wouldn't that mean that the ship for Hammons has sailed?

Thanks for the catch!

xtremefan13
10-24-2010, 07:15 PM
kyxu I have heard similar rumblings that another one may be coming down the pipes later this week.

Ledantwan
10-24-2010, 07:23 PM
Isn't Marerro a 6'5" SF?

Maybe even a PF. I've heard Justin Cage comparisons. He's definitely undersized, but it sounds like he's a really good player. I like those type of guys, but I'm not sure there's room for him.

Nigel Tufnel
10-24-2010, 08:14 PM
kyxu I have heard similar rumblings that another one may be coming down the pipes later this week.

COME ON!!!! You guys are killing me with this....SERENITY NOW!!! SERENITY NOW!!!

madness31
10-25-2010, 02:04 AM
DSR's game sounds similar to Tu's. They both have a strong body and neither is incredibly athletic. There is also some similarity to Dez in that they both like to power through the D. Dez sounds like more of a true athlete to go along with the power. If DSR plays more like Tu and is able to run the offense, he and Dez should work well together. If not one of them will need to develop a strong outside shot or they might not have great chemistry. Regardless this is a great get and DSR will provide incredible depth. The quickness of Davis/Lyons, shooting of Redford, length of Martin/Canty and the strength of DSR/Wells is going to provide extreme versatility. Then there is more than enough size, speed, strength, shooting, athleticism and talent down low to make anything less than a final 4 a disappointment. This team is ready for a championship and there is still an open scholarship. Mack has the pieces, he simply needs to execute a successful game plan. This year is an opportunity to learn and next year should be another elite 8 or final 4 with a championship to follow. Of course there is the possibility that these players still need to develop but with the depth at every position you have to think the team will be ready.

Many coaches don't take advantage of the versatility of their talent and just go with the best players or with the game plan that suits their style. This can be very successful but often falls short of the end goal unless the perfect recruits are obtained to fit the style. Mack should do well next year regardless of his style but if he takes advantage of the team's versatility they should be able to compete against anyone and give X a shot at a final 4 and beyond. Mack was solid last year and great for a first year coach but we should know in a few years if his coaching is at the elite level that his recruiting is.

More Cowbell
11-02-2010, 08:20 AM
D’Vauntes Smith-Rivera leads by doing

All eyes will be on the junior as does everything to help North Central win a state crown

Nice read on DSR

I really like the comparison to Deron Williams

http://rise.espn.go.com/boys-basketball/articles/2010/11/01-IN-DVauntes-Smith-Rivera-november-mag.aspx

xtremefan13
11-02-2010, 12:31 PM
I like this, is it 2012 yet???

shock3
11-17-2010, 09:46 PM
I created a highlight reel of DSR from the scrimmage tonight. The other team played zone for 90% of the scrimmage so it is a lot of outside shots for him. Shooting used to be a weakness for him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apxmt6qAQs0

xufan02
11-18-2010, 07:01 AM
His shot is looking better than advertised. I'm excited.

bobbiemcgee
11-18-2010, 07:12 PM
I still can't believe this kid is coming to X. What a coup!! DSR DSR DSR DSR DSR DSR DSR]
----Sorry about the irrational exuberance.:)

:logo::shield::sword:

dc_x
11-19-2010, 08:17 AM
His game reminds me a lot of Austin Freeman at Georgetown. Subpar athletes who make up for it with a high skill level and strength.

A10fan
11-19-2010, 10:46 AM
His game reminds me a lot of Austin Freeman at Georgetown. Subpar athletes who make up for it with a high skill level and strength.

Subpar athlete? Huh?

This kid may not have elite athleticism but you don't get ranked as high as he is without great athleticism.

SixFig
11-19-2010, 10:54 AM
Think Deron Williams of the Utah Jazz with this kid. That is his upside. He is a wide bodied guard with plus level passing, rebounding and shooting. He might start from day one at Xavier.

xu15
11-19-2010, 12:09 PM
Think Deron Williams of the Utah Jazz with this kid. That is his upside. He is a wide bodied guard with plus level passing, rebounding and shooting. He might start from day one at Xavier.

If he can start from day one then damn. Can't wait to see him play.

JimmyTwoTimes37
11-21-2010, 06:58 PM
New Highlights from a scrimmage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apxmt6qAQs0&feature=BF&list=ULJw4xm7C_6hk&index=4

SixFig
11-24-2010, 08:43 PM
BSnowScout North Central topped Pike tonight. Appearntly D'Vauntes Smith-Rivera had around 35 while Teague had 20ish. Also told Pat Ingram played well

bobbiemcgee
11-25-2010, 10:54 AM
http://blogs.indystar.com/preps/2010/11/25/pike-north-central-at-a-glance-panthers-better-than-last-season/

Holy shit this guy is good! VS Teague. We have to wait 2 yrs. boohoo!

bobbiemcgee
11-25-2010, 11:14 AM
http://www.indystar.com/article/20101125/SPORTS02/11250437/Panthers-pass-first-test?odyssey=mod%7Cnewswell%7Ctext%7CSports%7Cp

Nigel Tufnel
12-05-2010, 02:27 PM
Smith Rivera had 34 points last night against Michael Chandler and Jeremy Hollowell (Lawrence Central) and DSR's North Central won 83-73.

Smith Rivera leads the state in scoring after two games averaging 35 ppg.

Can't wait to see him in an X uniform.

X Factor
12-05-2010, 02:39 PM
Smith Rivera had 34 points last night against Michael Chandler and Jeremy Hollowell (Lawrence Central) and DSR's North Central won 83-73.

Smith Rivera leads the state in scoring after two games averaging 35 ppg.

Can't wait to see him in an X uniform.

Man, I can't wait either to see DSR in a Xavier uniform. I'm so glad he picked X!

Just a correction though, Michael Chandler plays for Lawrence North, not Central. Justin Martin and Jeff Robinson also attended Lawrence North.

Juice
12-08-2010, 09:56 AM
http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=9&c=4&cfg=bb&pid=88&yr=2012

Scout.com updated their rankings and DSR is #22 overall.

SixFig
12-08-2010, 12:50 PM
http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=9&c=4&cfg=bb&pid=88&yr=2012

Scout.com updated their rankings and DSR is #22 overall.

Mmm. Xavier and 5 stars looks good together. Hopefully Purvis and Anderson can sport this look too.

The_Mack_Pack
12-08-2010, 01:29 PM
Just imagine a class of DSR and any one of Harris, Purvis, Anderson or Hammons.

boozehound
12-08-2010, 01:32 PM
Just imagine a class of DSR and any one of Harris, Purvis, Anderson or Hammons.

Just a class of DSR is fine in my book!

This is a huge get for us.

Nigel Tufnel
12-11-2010, 10:39 AM
Smith Rivera with 29 last night against Carmel. Now averaging 33 ppg this season.

Nigel Tufnel
12-17-2010, 06:45 PM
DSR takes on Marrero tonight....should be interesting.

JimmyTwoTimes37
12-17-2010, 08:58 PM
North Central 88, Bowman Academy 70.

D'Vauntes Smith-Rivera with 32 for North Central, Marrero 26 and 14 rbs for Bowman.

Nigel Tufnel
12-18-2010, 12:57 AM
I'm not familiar with Indiana high school basketball classes....is 4A big? I'm thinking it has to be one of the larger classes being in Indianapolis. Anyone know? Another 32 point night in a win.

Either way, I'm freaking out about DSR's stats. This kid is a freaking junior. Is he killing it like this, as a junior, in a big school division?

I'm freaking out about how good this X commit will be....

On a side note...DSR and North Central play Gary Harris's team tomorrow night.

TheHoopSide1
12-18-2010, 01:08 AM
I'm not familiar with Indiana high school basketball classes....is 4A big? I'm thinking it has to be one of the larger classes being in Indianapolis. Anyone know? Another 32 point night in a win.

Either way, I'm freaking out about DSR's stats. This kid is a freaking junior. Is he killing it like this, as a junior, in a big school division?

I'm freaking out about how good this X commit will be....

On a side note...DSR and North Central play Gary Harris's team tomorrow night.

4A is roughly 1800 and bigger (the biggest) and 1A (which Thea Bowman (Marrero)) is something like 0-450 kids? The numbers may be off but its along those lines.

Nigel Tufnel
12-18-2010, 01:24 AM
4A is roughly 1800 and bigger (the biggest) and 1A (which Thea Bowman (Marrero)) is something like 0-450 kids? The numbers may be off but its along those lines.

Wow. Then DSR is killing it, as a junior, in the biggest school classification in the state of Indiana.

And this kid isn't in your top 5 high school players in Indiana? Hard to believe.

JimmyTwoTimes37
12-19-2010, 10:06 AM
Wow. Then DSR is killing it, as a junior, in the biggest school classification in the state of Indiana.

And this kid isn't in your top 5 high school players in Indiana? Hard to believe.

While I think DSR is a little under-rated, Indiana is absolutely stacked when it comes to recruits in 2012. Anyone in the top 10 is gonna be a solid solid D1 player

TheHoopSide1
12-19-2010, 11:49 AM

Branden Dawson Marquis Teague and Cody Zeller are a lock for the top three spots. DeJuan Marrero's team, while 1A, has played Simeon (13th in the country), North Central (DSR had 32 5 and 5, Marrero had 28 and 15 2 and 2), and other big time schools (Mount Carmel I think, but don't quote me on that). So, does DSR play in the toughest Indiana conference? Yes. But his team isn't doing that simply because they are not allowed to...Bowman Academy (marrero) doesn't have a conference so they travel for their conference games.

Hanner Perea is one person I am skeptical about. While his schedule features tough teams like Findlay Prep (#1 team in the country) and others of the like (some very prestigious and difficult tournamnets) the two times I got to see him he had something like 13points 10 rebounds and 9 points 11 rebounds (probably 3 blocks each that game). So right now, I think that everyone is in Perea's corner because he signed to IU, and because most major scouting sites have him as one of the top 10 players in the COUNTRY. I see it with his athleticism (the kid can touch 12'2" TWELVE FEET TWO INCHES off of 2 steps.. you can "youtube" it), but his skills are unpolished currently. I also even took a little bit off of his size because his school lists him at 6'9 but I think he would be closer to 6'6". However, him playing against that competition will only help him in the long run.

And I wont' give you a paragraph on why Glenn Robinson is there, I got the opportunity to play him twice last season (our schools are in the same conference0 and this kids has a tremendous frame, and will be able to play the 2 3 or 4 in college. He can shoot lights out and has a Carmello Anthony type of athleticism.

Whereas DSR is probably the states best scorer, one of the top three (Dawson's numbers would be up, but he has played the likes of Whitney Young and Simeon, and he is really the only player on his team so he had to deal with doubles from both those squads) at least. And either way, if he is a shooting guard or point guard, he lacks the amount of explosiveness that i really like to see. You can go to the top prospects page of my site and click on a players first name to view their profile. I think it wouldn't hurt DSR to lose some pounds. I don't see his passing ability as good enough to be in the top 5 (if he plays PG) and I don't see his penetrating quickness enough to be in the top 5 (if he plays SG). Don't get me wrong, he can PLAYYYYYY. But another thing, if you view each guy's profile you'll see that while D'Vauntes is rated a 92.8, the number 5 guy (gary harris) is 94 (1.2 points ahead, so the difference isn't glaring.) But as a good example, if DSR had GH's athletic ability, it would be hard for me to not put him #1. I understand he gets to the basket (see video on his highlight page) but sometimes I don't know how. It's like his body can move very fast but is caught in slow motion on occasions. But is shot is money and with a 94 offensive rating from me, you won't say that I am disputing that (www.thehoopside.com/ratings.php)

Also, DSR's slight lack of quickness isn't just lowering his PPG, it is lowering his APG (because if he penetrated it would give him the option to kick out), and also lowers his defensive rating. He is a great talent, and may be #1 by next season, who knows. I know his stats (namely PPG) are stupendous this year. But I'll need to catch a game and see him use amazing quickness before I think about changing that rating lol. Thanks for the feedback though.

TheHoopSide1
12-19-2010, 12:11 PM
And in the much anticipated matchup of DSR and GH. GH's team (Hamilton Southeastern) lost by 2, GH had 23 and DSR had 21. Another reason DSR's season is going so well is because the other NC guard (who he shares the backcourt with) is like D. Davis as a junior. Ronnie Johnson (who had 17) will light it up too, so DSR is playing with one guy on him all season. I think Ronnie Johnson is averaging in that neighborhood, as the only other game I looked at he had 20.

XUFAN 51795
12-21-2010, 08:04 PM
On Kyle andersons Twitter he said he hung out with DSR in a bball tourney maybe DSR could talk kyle into coming to X

DoubleD86
12-26-2010, 09:13 PM
I don't have a scout account, so no way to read the article, but according to Brian Snow's twitter, DSR has decommitted from Xavier.

I feel like I was just punched in the gut....

http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=2&c=1034225&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2fscouthoops.scout.com%2f2 %2f1034225.html

BSnowScout Brian Snow
Here it is, DSR is now open http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/1034225.html

TheHoopSide1
12-26-2010, 10:40 PM
It is legit. I don't know who is in the running now. First Chandler, now DSR? Sheesh! X has some good karma coming its way.

www.thehoopside.com

shock3
12-26-2010, 11:56 PM
really don't understand the de-commit. Nothing at X has changed and he randomly decides to de-commit? IU isn't taking him, Purdue isn't taking him, Ohio State is likely out of the picture, Michigan State is out of the picture. Georgetown, Wake Forest, and Miami (FL) are his most likely options right now I believe.

HuskyMuskie
12-27-2010, 12:17 AM
I would venture to say that from the way it seems, Louisville and maybe even Kentucky are sneaking up on his radar. Had expressed interest to play with AAU teammates Peter Jurkin and Parera, but IU doesn't have the schollys left to take him.

This being the case, Rick Pitino could be building a team of "Muskies-to-be" that ended up being prized Cardinals. A big-time bummer in Xavier-land, but the X has to be having mad karma coming its way, to put a positive spin on things. :rolleyes:

Xavgrad08
12-30-2010, 05:11 PM
Brian Snow reported on twitter that Richard Pitino an assistant with Florida is watching DSR play today.

natibball
01-04-2011, 12:07 PM
Very disappointing news. He would have been a star in Cincy. Best of luck to the young man with whatever team he ends up joining.

A10fan
01-04-2011, 03:26 PM
Don't be surprised to see him re-commit. I think he is just getting some love from the major major BCS programs and his "advisors" want him to at least check them out.

The_Mack_Pack
01-04-2011, 03:32 PM
I don't blame him, he made a very early decision and wants to check out some other schools. I'm sure Xavier is still very much in the running and when it comes down to his final decision hopefully he goes with the school who's been there since the beginning, not the slimeballs who slip in late just because he's had a huge season so far. A re-commitment would awesome.

Nigel Tufnel
01-05-2011, 05:48 PM
Don't be surprised to see him re-commit. I think he is just getting some love from the major major BCS programs and his "advisors" want him to at least check them out.

Is this some inside info or just a gut feeling? Either way, I really hope you're right.

DC Muskie
01-05-2011, 07:12 PM

I don't blame him, he made a very early decision and wants to check out some other schools. I'm sure Xavier is still very much in the running and when it comes down to his final decision hopefully he goes with the school who's been there since the beginning, not the slimeballs who slip in late just because he's had a huge season so far. A re-commitment would awesome.

Do you guys have any examples of where a kid decommits when there is no coaching change and ends up back at the school he originally verballed to?

I can't think of any recently.

The_Mack_Pack
01-05-2011, 07:40 PM
Do you guys have any examples of where a kid decommits when there is no coaching change and ends up back at the school he originally verballed to?

I can't think of any recently.

Myck Kabongo at Texas, re-committed like a week after he de-committed.

jonz04
01-05-2011, 08:01 PM
Gut feeling but I believe DSR ends up at Louisville. I think DSR wants to team up with Purvis and the huge 2011 Louisville class to rival the other big classes a la IU and St. Johns.

I believe Mack and co will get the guys they need though.

XUFAN 51795
01-05-2011, 09:01 PM
I think we should continue to pursue DSR but really go after Kyle Anderson hard

Masterofreality
01-06-2011, 10:40 AM
I think we should continue to pursue DSR but really go after Kyle Anderson hard

Oh, and we are. Rasheen Davis is all over Anderson, and his father appreciates it.

Per ZagsBlog:

"There is no leader in the clubhouse just yet for Kyle Anderson, but Xavier may be outworking everyone else for the 6-foot-8 junior point guard from St. Anthony.

Xavier assistant Rasheen Davis flew in to watch Anderson play two games in Newton, Mass. Wednesday-Thursday.

He did so even though he had to leave at 4:30 a.m. Friday for a 6 a.m. flight and a two-hour layover at Chicago’s O’Hare Airport in order to get back for a 4 p.m. game with Florida.

His efforts haven’t gone unnoticed.

“Coach [Chris] Mack and Davis have done a very good job of keeping in touch with both Lil Kyle and me,” Kyle Anderson Sr. said. “This shows how much they would enjoy having him as a student-athlete at Xavier.”

UMass assistant Antwon Jackson also attended the game.

Anderson, who has taken unofficials to both Xavier and UMass, put up 12 points, eight rebounds, three steals and a block as the unbeaten Friars (5-0) pounded Newton North, 77-33, to win the Garden City Classic tournament Thursday."

SixFig
01-08-2011, 11:04 AM
For what its worth Rivals has DSR's interest in Xavier as high (the only one) with Florida as Medium and Louisville as low :D

Xavier High Offered None Travis Steele
Florida Medium None Richard Pitino
Louisville Low

xuwin
01-08-2011, 01:04 PM
For what its worth Rivals has DSR's interest in Xavier as high (the only one) with Florida as Medium and Louisville as low :D

Xavier High Offered None Travis Steele
Florida Medium None Richard Pitino
Louisville Low

I would think that could change quickly if Florida made him an offer. I hope that's not the case, but, maybe he's just waiting for other offers.

A10fan
01-08-2011, 01:10 PM
I'll bet you that Fla. has already offered. It may not be out in public but I'm sure Donovan has offered. Who wouldn't want a 5 star recruit other than maybe KY.

bobbiemcgee
01-08-2011, 01:33 PM
I'll bet you that Fla. has already offered. It may not be out in public but I'm sure Donovan has offered. Who wouldn't want a 5 star recruit other than maybe KY.

Don't they already have a Super 60:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/basketball/mens/news/story?id=5489962

Xman95
01-08-2011, 02:23 PM
Don't they already have a Super 60:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/basketball/mens/news/story?id=5489962

Probably has no effect because DSR could play PG for them.

Xman95
01-14-2011, 08:30 PM
Isn't the Spiece AAU team the one that Travis Steele has the connections with? DSR is apparently going to be playing with them and no longer with Indiana Elite. Hmmm...

Xavier Nation
01-16-2011, 11:50 AM
Has he totally ruled out X? I was just looking at rivals and it has X listed as his "High" choice? Anyone know whats going on in his situation?

kyxu
01-16-2011, 11:51 AM
We're still in it, I hear. To what extent, no one really knows.

PMI
01-16-2011, 11:52 AM
He has not ruled out X at all. From what I understand, he still like X a lot and we are in the running. I believe it is some of the people around him who wanted him to keep his mind open for other options.

rhyno2110
01-16-2011, 12:09 PM
Yeah, we are right at the top of his list last I read. But apparently, Florida could make a run at him and push us lower down his list.

xavierj
01-16-2011, 12:45 PM
Chris Mack was at his game last week so he must think he still has a great shot or he would not be wasting his time.

Masterofreality
01-16-2011, 12:45 PM
If you check his Twitter, the only college basketball guys he follows are connected with X- even now.

Xavgrad08
01-16-2011, 01:07 PM
DSR's mom still likes x alot and she told the coaching staff to continue recruiting him. DSR recently took a visit to Louisville to see their new arena. Will be interesting to see where he ends up. Would love to have him recommit in the summer.

XUFAN 51795
01-17-2011, 12:14 AM
I saw Kyle Anderson play on espn and I was not impressed ... I know it was probably just a bad game but I still think I would rather have DSR

boozehound
01-17-2011, 07:08 AM
DSR's mom still likes x alot and she told the coaching staff to continue recruiting him. DSR recently took a visit to Louisville to see their new arena. Will be interesting to see where he ends up. Would love to have him recommit in the summer.

As a parent, you could encourage your child to go to a school with a long history of developing the 'student' part of 'student athlete', or you could encourage them to go play for a guy who has no integrity and was willing to put his wife and family through a very public affair so that he could have (literally) 15 seconds of fun in some restaurant.

We have Sister Rose. They have Rick Pitino. Can any parent think that Rick Pitino is going to set a positive example for their kid, and help them develop into a man with a well-defined moral compass? I don't see how you could.

sweet16
01-17-2011, 07:43 AM
As a parent, you could encourage your child to go to a school with a long history of developing the 'student' part of 'student athlete', or you could encourage them to go play for a guy who has no integrity and was willing to put his wife and family through a very public affair so that he could have (literally) 15 seconds of fun in some restaurant.

We have Sister Rose. They have Rick Pitino. Can any parent think that Rick Pitino is going to set a positive example for their kid, and help them develop into a man with a well-defined moral compass? I don't see how you could.

Well said. You need to send that, word for word, to DSR's mom.

Titanxman04
01-17-2011, 07:46 AM
Well said. You need to send that, word for word, to DSR's mom.

It'd be an NCAA violation to do so. Something about message board posters being considered boosters or something? I'm sure there's someone on here thats more well-versed on NCAA violations and whats allowed and not allowed for posters to contact a recruit, but I don't think that we as posters can send pitches to a kid via the internet or anything. We're an extension of the program.

Then again, I'm pretty sure you just put me on ignore from a while ago, so maybe someone else can relay this to you?

Muskie
01-17-2011, 07:54 AM
It'd be an NCAA violation to do so. Something about message board posters being considered boosters or something? I'm sure there's someone on here thats more well-versed on NCAA violations and whats allowed and not allowed for posters to contact a recruit, but I don't think that we as posters can send pitches to a kid via the internet or anything. We're an extension of the program.

Then again, I'm pretty sure you just put me on ignore from a while ago, so maybe someone else can relay this to you?

Definitely a violation. DON'T DO IT.

kyxu
01-17-2011, 08:00 AM
Not sure sweet16 was serious, fellas.

Muskie
01-17-2011, 08:06 AM
Not sure sweet16 was serious, fellas.

You can never be too cautious when dealing with recruiting and the NCAA.

boozehound
01-17-2011, 09:39 AM
What do I do if I already sent it?

(J/K... Violation or not, sending emails to recruit's parents is just not something I am going to do)

Backyard Champ
01-17-2011, 09:45 AM

You know, I have always wondered about this. What is to stop me from acting like a Louisville fan and sending stuff to him/purvis? Or acting like a fan from any other college and sending stuff to recruits?

Masterofreality
01-17-2011, 09:46 AM
No threat, but XU is going hard after Kyle Anderson- and he looked pretty good on ESPNU on Saturday.

Kyle plays on ESPNU again today at 1.

JimmyTwoTimes37
01-27-2011, 06:02 PM
New Highlight video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjQ-yR4UvpE

Smooth shot. I hope he recommits

ChiTownMuskie
01-27-2011, 06:26 PM
New Highlight video.

Over the last couple of weeks I've had some wishful thinking that maybe DSR would reconsidered after watching the Muskies in conference play...

CinciX12
01-27-2011, 08:25 PM
You know, I have always wondered about this. What is to stop me from acting like a Louisville fan and sending stuff to him/purvis? Or acting like a fan from any other college and sending stuff to recruits?

Absolutely nothing. It is on the list of many flaws the bylaws have.

Juice
01-27-2011, 09:12 PM

This is from a ND site but it shows why even contacting recruits isn't a good idea whether you mean well or not.

http://www.herloyalsons.com/blog/2011/01/26/do-not-friend-recruits-on-facebook/

Masterofreality
01-29-2011, 09:17 PM
BSnowScout Brian Snow
It is going to be a late night party in Loveland tonight... Those who need to know understand of who/what I speak

Could this tweet mean a DSR recommit? Damn, I hope so!

Xavgrad08
01-29-2011, 09:49 PM
BSnowScout Brian Snow
It is going to be a late night party in Loveland tonight... Those who need to know understand of who/what I speak

I think Huggs used to patronize a bar in Loveland after victories. WVU just had a big win tonight against UC. I hope I am wrong, I would love for DSR to recommit, but I think he will wait til the summer.

Nigel Tufnel
01-29-2011, 10:43 PM
I don't think the tweet has anything to do w/ Rivera and X. I am going to say this...I have no inside info, no contacts....I know nothing. But for some strange reason, just a total gut feeling...I think he re-commits. He'll probably commit to OSU, Ville or IU tomorrow now that I posted that....just have a feeling about him. I really think when he sits down and has a heart to heart with his family and does some soul searching....he'll end up at X.

We'll see.....

THRILLHOUSE
01-29-2011, 11:25 PM
BSnowScout Brian Snow

Nothing to do with DSR, not sure how you even thought that. Huggins lived in Loveland when he coached at UC, and this was tweeted right after he beat UC tonight.

Masterofreality
01-30-2011, 06:50 AM
Nothing to do with DSR, not sure how you even thought that. Huggins lived in Loveland when he coached at UC, and this was tweeted right after he beat UC tonight.

Yes, it very well may have something to do with DSR.

Because the tweet just before that by B Snow was about a game that he was attending between DDavis and DSR- both X targets. Both played great.

On it's own, it means nothing, but the fact that it is in context, from a guy who was at a high school game in Indiana, who's job is following recruits, and that both of the main guys in his tweets all night long were both connected to Xavier, I think means something. Snow talks to recruits after games. He might have picked up a gem. Maybe I'm overreaching, but I'm hopeful. The only college basketball related people that DSR follows on twitter are Xavier related- even now.

BeelzeBob doesn't live in Loveland anymore. I don't even think Brian Snow knows where SucKS is located, nor give a crap about what they do. He and Chris Mack are tight and tweeted each other plenty on other stuff all evening.

THAT is why I think that this meant something.

dc_x
01-30-2011, 07:47 AM
New Highlight video.

I've said it before, but this guy looks like a clone of Austin Freeman of Georgetown. Same body, same skill set. And I mean all of that as a big time compliment to DSR.

More Cowbell
01-30-2011, 09:27 AM
I think Huggs used to patronize a bar in Loveland after victories. WVU just had a big win tonight against UC. I hope I am wrong, I would love for DSR to recommit, but I think he will wait til the summer.

That was my thought too. Doesn't Mack live in nky?

Xavgrad08
01-30-2011, 02:02 PM
That was my thought too. Doesn't Mack live in nky?

Correct Chris currently lives in NKY.

TheHoopSide1
01-30-2011, 02:49 PM
I've said it before, but this guy looks like a clone of Austin Freeman of Georgetown. Same body, same skill set. And I mean all of that as a big time compliment to DSR.

I agree..I think he is a little smoother than Freeman though..just from watching him play

principal
01-30-2011, 06:13 PM
Yes, it very well may have something to do with DSR.

But what does Loveland have to do with DSR?

SixFig
01-30-2011, 06:40 PM

After DSR commits to Xavier and leads X to the national championship, gets drafted in the first round, wins a couple NBA titles, and retires a Hall of Famer, he'll move to Loveland and open a chain of barbershops where getting front boob is mandatory.

danaandvictory
01-30-2011, 06:45 PM
I heard DSR has season tickets to the St. Columban sixth grade girls' volleyball team and never misses a game.

waggy
01-30-2011, 06:55 PM
It's the land of love. d'uh.

Masterofreality
01-30-2011, 10:41 PM

Do either Pat Kelsey or Travis "Steal" live in Loveland?

I know that CMack lives in No. KY.

XUFAN 51795
02-16-2011, 08:22 PM
He picked up an offer from texas today

MADXSTER
02-16-2011, 08:44 PM
Texas is a great offer.

Wonder if he really wants to go that far away. Kansas may be the closest game to home in conference play. hmmm

Muskie02
02-16-2011, 10:32 PM
Looks like we may of just lost DSR officially as his twitter account says JUST RECIEVED OFFER FROM TEXAS LONGHORNS..... (SOLD) #LEGGO
Real disappointing loss for the Muskies hopefully we can grab another diamond in the rough like we have done so many times before. Got a feeling this kid is going to be great.

MADXSTER
02-16-2011, 10:38 PM
Not sure if you meant this but DSR was never a diamond in the rough.

DoubleD86
02-16-2011, 11:43 PM
Looks like we may of just lost DSR officially as his twitter account says JUST RECIEVED OFFER FROM TEXAS LONGHORNS..... (SOLD) #LEGGO
Real disappointing loss for the Muskies hopefully we can grab another diamond in the rough like we have done so many times before. Got a feeling this kid is going to be great.

A) I don't see how this means we lost him? Everything I have read is he wants to stay closer to home. If that is true, doubt he goes to UT.

B) Like the prior poster said, if you were trying to say he was, DSR is no diamond in the rough. #25 I believe on Rivals.

C) I don't get this about Xavier fans. We constantly talk about wanting to find diamonds in the rough and 4 year improving players. Personally, I would rather get the best players in the country and go to a Final Four. Maybe just me...

xufan02
02-17-2011, 07:16 AM
Am I missing something? Did DSR commit to Texas? This is far from over.

A10fan
02-17-2011, 07:16 AM

DSR almost always ends his tweets with (sold). I wouldn't read too much into that.

Juice
02-17-2011, 10:07 AM
DSR almost always ends his tweets with (sold). I wouldn't read too much into that.

Correct. 99% of his tweets end with "(SOLD)" or "LEEEEGGGGGOOOO"

I look at it that he is just excited to get an offer from a big program.

TheHoopSide1
02-17-2011, 08:36 PM
Correct. 99% of his tweets end with "(SOLD)" or "LEEEEGGGGGOOOO"

I look at it that he is just excited to get an offer from a big program.

Maybe we should start doing that? DSR just de-comitted (SOLD) hahaha I am kidding of course...(sold)..okay that was the last time, I swear. But yeah I doubt he goes to UT, although, after thinking about it, it wouldn't be a terrible fit.

bobbiemcgee
02-17-2011, 11:05 PM
One would think he would want to play for a team who has been in the Top 25 the last 5 yrs. in a row and shows no signs of letting up for the forseeable future. That's a big time program.(SOLD)

:logo:

Xman95
02-18-2011, 02:03 PM
One would think he would want to play for a team who has been in the Top 25 the last 5 yrs. in a row and shows no signs of letting up for the forseeable future. That's a big time program.(SOLD)

:logo:

bobbiemcgee is on point with that one! (SOLD)

stjamesxu08
02-22-2011, 04:11 PM
as of feb 7 in this kentucky sports blog DSR has backed off, here's a link:

http://sportsxpress.xanga.com/740723148/kentucky-basketball-recruiting-2012-pg-breakdown/

and here's what they had to say:

"With Marquis Teague already sewn up for the 2011 class, Calipari is turning his attention toward the likes of L.J. Rose,Jaylen Beckham,and D'Vauntes Smith-Rivera."

and:

"After backing off of his commitment to Xavier, D'Vauntes Smith-Rivera got tons of interest. Xavier is still a possibility for Smith-Rivera, along with Florida,Louisville,Kentucky,Indiana, Purdue, and Tennessee. Smith-Rivera's game resembles that of current Kentucky freshmen Doron Lamb in that his game is very smooth."

and here's a highlight video link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShiT4RrvDHc&feature=player_embedded

Masterofreality
03-06-2011, 06:41 AM
Xavier connected people are still the only ones that DSR follows on Twitter- that as of yesterday.

Just sayin'.......

xufan02
03-06-2011, 08:50 AM
You do not need a premium recruiting membership to know who Xavier is recruiting. All you need to do is see who Mack, Kelsey, Steele, and Davis are following on Twitter. DSR is following all the Xavier coaches, Crawford, Justin Martin, Dee Davis, and the list goes on an on. I like our chances still.

MrLookout9
03-06-2011, 09:52 AM
After reading various blogs and tweets from DSR, here is my assessment.

-He committed as a junior, on the wings of a very good trip during MuskieMadness. He liked to school, the people, and his family liked the academics.
- He saw all of these schools that went from treating him like gold to acting like he doesnt exist anymore.
-Because he was a junior, I believe the rule is he cannot take any official (Paid for by the school) trips till his senior year.

My bet is he is still sold on being a muskie, but wants the attention and free trips, which I would also want to take advantage of.

He is a family oriented kid and I think his family is sold on X.

xufan02
03-06-2011, 10:17 AM
After reading various blogs and tweets from DSR, here is my assessment.

-He committed as a junior, on the wings of a very good trip during MuskieMadness. He liked to school, the people, and his family liked the academics.
- He saw all of these schools that went from treating him like gold to acting like he doesnt exist anymore.
-Because he was a junior, I believe the rule is he cannot take any official (Paid for by the school) trips till his senior year.

My bet is he is still sold on being a muskie, but wants the attention and free trips, which I would also want to take advantage of.

He is a family oriented kid and I think his family is sold on X.

I think it is a combination of this and the fact that he got injured at the end of last years AAU season. DSR only played the first half of the aau season last year. I think he pulls the trigger after this years AAU season. X is in good shape.

Princess
03-08-2011, 08:17 PM
Maybe he isn't X material:

http://www.wthr.com/story/14213756/north-central-player-suspended-for-fight

Smails
03-09-2011, 08:00 AM

Yeah...our guys would never do anything like that.

boozehound
03-09-2011, 08:24 AM

Because he threw a punch during a brawl? I think that is a bit dramatic.

JimmyTwoTimes37
03-09-2011, 10:31 AM
Because he threw a punch during a brawl? I think that is a bit dramatic.

Agreed. He's only 17. Hopefully he re-commits.

Benxman
03-11-2011, 02:30 PM
In the heat of a game, a 17 year old kid is likely do pretty much anything. I remember going to the floor for a ball in high school and winding up sitting on my opponents chest with my fist cocked. He was a lot cooler than I. He said "Go ahead, hit me." Of course, I didn't. The point is, I learned from the event. I guessing that DSR also learned from this event.

Recruit him hard and hope we get him. We need a pure shooter.

GO MUSKIES!

:sword:

Woodburn
03-12-2011, 07:10 PM
If you're in Indy, DSR is on Channel 4 v. Gary Harris and HSE in the Regional Finals.

Frambo
03-12-2011, 08:16 PM
watching the game on http://www.livestream.com/ihsaa

I wish DSR would recommit!!!

JimmyTwoTimes37
03-12-2011, 08:50 PM
Had 37 tonight in the regional finals....

I hope he re-commits soon

His team will play Dee Davis's team next week in the state semi's

SixFig
03-12-2011, 09:14 PM
The plus side to losing in atlantic city is that there was a nice appearance by the Xavier coaching staff to watch DSR and others.