PDA

View Full Version : Bono Must Die!!!!

Mark 3 Pointer
08-28-2009, 03:01 PM
Five months ago I bought four tickets to the Friday September 25th concert at Giant's stadium. I spent roughly $250 each on those tickets for a grand total of approx. $1000. For the right to buy those tickets I had to spend an additional $120 dollars for a one year subscription to the the U2 fan club (Running total $1,120).

Since then I have bought two plane tickets from Cincy to Newark, leaving Cincy Thursday September 24th (the day before the concert) for $576 and three nights at the Jersey City Westin for $440 from Thursday-Saturday(Running Total $2,136).

Today they annouce that due to a scheduling error the concert is going to be moved from Friday to Wednesday. WTF!!!!!!

Now in order for me to use my tickets I have to spend $300 to reschedule my flights and an additional $150 for another night in the hotel (Running Total $2,586).

I hope Bono gets H1N1!!!!!!!!!!

85,000 people are going to this concert and they reschedule it this late in the game because of a scheduling error!!!!!!!! This press release will blow your mind!

http://u2.com/news/title/scheduling-change-for-giants-stadium-performance

You know how I know I'm gay!!!!

I bought tickets to this damn concert!

SERIOUSLY WTF!!!!

MHettel
08-28-2009, 03:05 PM
never a big U2 fan

xu2013
08-28-2009, 03:07 PM
If you want him to get H1N1 take him on campus.

Xman95
08-28-2009, 03:08 PM
never a big U2 fan

We all have our flaws.

American X
08-28-2009, 03:12 PM
Just claim you are a third world country and he'll campaign to forgive your credit card debt.

That's what you get for following a pompous douchebag.

Mark 3 Pointer
08-28-2009, 03:18 PM
"The change was necessitated by the rescheduling of the New York Jets football game on Sunday September 27, 2009 from 4:15pm to 1pm out of respect for the Jewish holiday of Yom Kippur, which starts that evening. Yom Kippur is the holiest day of the Jewish year."

This is what really pisses me off... The NFL plays games on Thanksgiving, New Years and Christmas Eve and they have to reschedule for Yom Kippur!!!! No disrespect to the Jewish community I just don't see how this is an acceptable excuse. They would have nearly 36 hours to take apart the stage if they kept the concert on Friday!

Something doesn't smell right about this!

I hate Bono, the jets and everyone involved with this stupid fiasco!

Mark 3 Pointer
08-28-2009, 03:25 PM
The one thing keeping me excited about this godforsaken trip is that I got tickets to the season premier of SNL on the 26th... Megan Fox is going to be the host!

Sha-winnnggggg!

SixFig
08-28-2009, 03:38 PM
Megan Fox is going to be the host!

Sha-winnnggggg!

Rumor on the street is that she will be catwoman in the next Batman.

X-band '01
08-28-2009, 03:49 PM
"The change was necessitated by the rescheduling of the New York Jets football game on Sunday September 27, 2009 from 4:15pm to 1pm out of respect for the Jewish holiday of Yom Kippur, which starts that evening. Yom Kippur is the holiest day of the Jewish year."

When the NFL schedule came out earlier this year, the Jets were getting a lot of complaints from season-ticket holders who happened to be Jewish - hence the change of the game time. I don't know when the game time was changed, although it seems awfully weird that 3 hours mandates a concert change of 2 days.

BBC 08
08-28-2009, 03:53 PM
At least you didn't buy tickets to a Creed concert like some people on this board.

Kahns Krazy
08-28-2009, 04:03 PM
So $2,100+ for a concert was acceptable, but $2,500 is not?

I like U2. I saw the Joshua Tree tour at Rupp Arena. I think the tickets were something like $32. I was outraged.

I work for a New York Jew. It does not surprise me in the least that the Jewish community got a football game and a major concert rescheduled.

Mark 3 Pointer
08-28-2009, 04:42 PM
So $2,100+ for a concert was acceptable, but $2,500 is not?

I've had this planned for 5 months and have saved and bought the pieces over that period of time so I can afford it. I don't take many vacations in fact this will be my only time away from work this year. I'm pissed that such an avoidable mistake was made by a small group of people and I have to pay for it. If you only took one vacation this year had it paid 100% in full before you left then someone told you a month before you left... "oh in order for you to do this you have to pay an extra 20%", you'd be pissed too.

So yes $2,100 is accepatble but $2,500 is not!

XUglow
08-28-2009, 05:04 PM
Here's what I would do. At the club tonight, I would tell the girls, "No champagne tonight!" ...and I would be firm about it. That would cover the extra $400.

MuskieCinci
08-28-2009, 05:21 PM
So you got Jew'd out of $400 then? Not too shocking.

Emp
08-28-2009, 06:17 PM
So you got Jew'd out of $400 then? Not too shocking.

Oh that's a good one. Where do I rep you? Next, you'll observe he could have used the 4 bills to n*gg*r up his car a bit more. Smooth.

I feel a Snipe alert coming on.

GuyFawkes38
08-28-2009, 06:38 PM
Bono has also written the worst article to ever be published in the NyTimes:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/11/opinion/11bono.html

Cheesehead
08-28-2009, 07:52 PM
A great, great band, even if you don't like their politics. I am not sure Bono was the [problem on this one.

principal
08-28-2009, 08:20 PM
Oh that's a good one. Where do I rep you? Next, you'll observe he could have used the 4 bills to n*gg*r up his car a bit more. Smooth.

Always stepping in to make sure nobody hurts anyone's feelings, thanks. Did you even read every post in this thread? He is punning on the fact that the concert was moved for a Jewish Holiday. Get it?

Pablo's Brother
08-28-2009, 08:51 PM
Bono has also written the worst article to ever be published in the NyTimes:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/11/opinion/11bono.html

The Times actually printed this tripe? I guess Bono's "honey do" list is next. Painful to read and made my stomach hurt.

Cheesehead
08-28-2009, 09:02 PM
I thought it was ok and I enjoyed it but I will admit that I am drunk.

Snipe
08-29-2009, 02:34 AM

Why am I involved in this dispute?

MuskieCinci
08-29-2009, 02:35 AM
Always stepping in to make sure nobody hurts anyone's feelings, thanks. Did you even read every post in this thread? He is punning on the fact that the concert was moved for a Jewish Holiday. Get it?

I didn't even think my post needed to be defeneded but I guess some people need to be clarified. Heaven forbid someone get their feelings hurt over a joke on a message board. At least principal got the sarcasm/joke in my post. Lighten up emperor, most of us are not bigots on this board.

bobbiemcgee
08-29-2009, 11:16 AM
I'm vacationing @ the Old Spice Classic: R/T from Denver 229, 4 nites in 4 star hotel 209, extra suitcase for Fat Tire Beer (new cans) and various other New belgium products ($50) - free transport on Southwest. Free loaner car from buddy in Orlando. $137 for 2 XU booster tickets (3 games). Watching Muskies win 3 games: Priceless.

Emp
08-29-2009, 02:56 PM
I didn't even think my post needed to be defeneded but I guess some people need to be clarified. Heaven forbid someone get their feelings hurt over a joke on a message board. At least principal got the sarcasm/joke in my post. Lighten up emperor, most of us are not bigots on this board.

So Princ, Muskie, you ran this by your jewish friends? You have Jewish friends, right? No one was deeply offended?

The "joke" isn't funny, unless you think getting an pass to say "Jewed out of..." is haha funny. Unless you accept the premise of the euphemism, that getting cheated is something that is likely or typical when dealing with a person who's religion is Jewish, your "joke" makes no sense. Denying the joke is based on a stereotyping, haha nudgenudge winkwink, is too clever by half.

I am sure that some think nappy headed hos was funny as well, everyone should get a thicker skin. I don't agree, and like anyone else on the board, I'm going to speak up when I think something is wrong.

MuskieCinci
08-29-2009, 03:05 PM
You must really hate shows like Family Guy and South Park Emperor if a joke like mine sent off alarms.

Jumpy
08-29-2009, 11:42 PM
The one thing keeping me excited about this godforsaken trip is that I got tickets to the season premier of SNL on the 26th... Megan Fox is going to be the host!

Sha-winnnggggg!

Just be sure not to stare at her clubbed thumb. It's nauseating.

At least you didn't buy tickets to a Creed concert like some people on this board.

I was offered, and turned down, free third row pavilion tickets to that concert. A guy I work with's wife works the beer booth and they supposedly had tons of free tickets that they were just looking to get rid of to get people in the seats.

Stonebreaker
08-30-2009, 09:57 AM
Ouch. I saw the Zootv tour at Dodger Stadium, but I was in HS. So I've got an excuse. :)

Xman95
08-31-2009, 08:36 AM
When the NFL schedule came out earlier this year, the Jets were getting a lot of complaints from season-ticket holders who happened to be Jewish

I don't buy it. There are no Jews in New York.

Xman95
08-31-2009, 08:38 AM

I really wish we could change your name to TheEmperorHasNoComputer.