PDA

View Full Version : 2009-2010 Season

xu_fan
08-11-2009, 07:33 PM
So I'm curious what everyone thinks about this coming year??? I have been coming to xavierhoops everyday and the board is extremely slow. It's hard for me to hide my excitement for the potential of this years teams!!

Do we know who most of our opponets will be? I noticed on UK's website that we won't be playing them this year which is kind of disappointing. I still think we should have home games against Arizona St, Miss St, and LSU. Plus we should play at Michigan St. Anyone know anymore than I do!?

cinskyline
08-12-2009, 10:33 AM
From what I have heard, you are correct about all the games you have listed.

Arizona St
Miss St
LSU
@ Michigan St

UC is a home game of course

I heard a rumor that we're playing USC next year (I don't know if that's Southern Cal or South Carolina, so don't ask)

I don't think we're playing Louisville either but I'm not positive on that.

The only thing I know for sure is that McGuff will schedule as hard as possible. This year's team is very talented and should be able to handle it.

This year I will be watching the offense VERY closely, as I believe it was our downfall at the end of last year. If we are an improved offensive team we could do serious damage in the postseason this year. If not, we may be out early again. The return of Amber Harris should help.

One question I have is: What will be the starting lineup this year? My guess is:

PG: Special Jennings
SG: Tyeasha Moss
SF: Dee Dee Jernigan
PF: Amber Harris
C: Ta'Shia Phillips

I also wonder if Coach McGuff will try to rearrange some things to get April Phillips in the starting lineup somehow. For example:

PG: Special Jennings
SG: Dee Dee Jernigan
SF: Amber Harris
PF: April Phillips
C: Ta'Shia Phillips

I'm hoping this is not the case, but with Coach McGuff you never know.

xu_fan
08-13-2009, 07:10 PM
I agree with you about watching the offense. At times last year the offense seemed so horrible. My starting lineup would probably be...
Special Jennings
Tyeasha Moss
Dee Dee Jernigan
Amber Harris
Ta'Shia Phillips

Although Moss didnt have a GREAT year last year so I wouldnt be surprise if McGuff throws a freshman in the starting lineup. I also love April Phillips though. I'm sure she'll get a lot of minutes but like you I cant imagine a lineup of Dee Dee, Amber, Ta'Shia, Special, and April only because we would have NO outside game... Dee Dee and Special CAN BE decent from long range but I think we have to get a true shooting guard if were gonna advance in the tourney... It'll def be an exciting year. I hope we can accomplish what I think were capable of. I cant WAIT

BlueBlob1
08-19-2009, 10:14 PM
Here's what I've heard from a insider about the ladies schedule...

Open the season AT Southern Cal

AZ State, Michigan, UC, Lousiville, Miss State and LSU all coming to the Cintas Center

Traveling to Mich State and playing Kansas, TCU, and Marquette in the Junk-A-Roo Jam

Bigbluebrotha
09-06-2009, 07:14 AM
Here's the link on thes season ticket page. The one big addition I see here is Middle Tennessee State which is usually very good and a factor in its conference.

https://oss.ticketmaster.com/html/pack_planlist.htmI?l=EN&CNTX=&team=xavier&selID=149

As far the line-up, I think X may mix it up to try to take advantage of personnel match-ups. Should be quite flexible and I will project Jernigan plays more point to spell Special a little more. Outside shooting again the main concern for me. I think we'll see a lot of Katie Rutan, she seems to be a real deal sniper.

cinskyline
09-06-2009, 08:19 AM
Hmm.. according to the Ticketmaster home schedule .. no Louisville -- I wonder if they aren't playing each other this year or if the game is on the road.

Special already has 2 backup point guards -- Alesia Barringer and freshman Courtney Townsend. I would expect Dee Dee to primarily play the 3, possibly sliding to the 2 in an emergency situation.

I have heard some very good things so far about Katie Rutan and I expect she'll play a much bigger role this year than I first thought.

xu_fan
09-09-2009, 09:16 PM
When is the official schedule coming out????? I'm pretty sure every other university in the WORLD has already come out. (sarcasm, obviously) It just seems like it should be out by now, most others are. Any word on the delay?