PDA

View Full Version : Treg Setty (Commit SIU)

toledomuskie
07-30-2009, 04:56 PM
From Jody Demlings Blog - I could not find a thread on Treg

I wish the enquirer had someone who would give half of the coverage that Jody does...

Mason County High School has produced a lot of major talent in recent years and has another blossoming Division I player on the roster.

Treg Setty.

The 6-foot-7, 175-pound junior-to-be has turned into an intriguing college prospect with his ability to knock down the outside shot and size and length.

Playing for the Nashville Celtics last week in the adidas Super 64 in Las Vegas, Setty was impressive with his play despite just coming off a broken jaw and playing with a broken right hand.

"I feel like I have improved a whole lot," Setty said. "I and trying to get stronger and get better. I am able to beat my man off the ball when they are bigger, but I still need to get stronger and when I face a smaller guy I need to be able to go inside."

Setty said he feels like he lost a little this spring and summer by switching travel teams several times and his injuries, but noted he's trying to make up for lost time.

"I like playing with these guys," Setty said. "It's been pretty big for me now. I've been trying to work hard and get the most out of the summer."

Setty said Xavier has shown interest and is going to come to an open gym at Mason County, while he's also hearing from Virginia Commonwealth, Oregon State, Oklahoma State, Wright State and Akron among others.

Cincy Muskie
07-30-2009, 05:52 PM
Nice post and I completely agree about Demling. I like this kids name too. Generally less talent in Kentucky overall as opposed to Ohio to keep track of but Demling does a heck of a job covering it. He is also great with the updates on the local/state schools prospects. That is what the Enquirer is missing.

BandAid
07-30-2009, 10:55 PM
Setty was impressive with his play despite just coming off a broken jaw and playing with a broken right hand.

Some one get this kid a glass of milk!

SixFig
07-30-2009, 11:00 PM
Sounds like a Star Trek Villian or something

xsteve1
07-31-2009, 12:13 AM
Sounds like he may be another Doellman type of player.