PDA

View Full Version : Dezmine Wells (COMMIT XAVIER)

Pages : [1] 2

bobbiemcgee
07-25-2009, 02:54 PM
Small forward
Raleigh (NC) Word Of God Christian Academy
AAU: Chris Paul All-Stars (CP3)

Ht: 6-foot-3
Wt: 210 lbs
Class: 2011 (High School)

http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=81552&Sport=2

SixFig
07-25-2009, 07:23 PM
Cute name

(extras)

xu15
07-26-2009, 10:25 AM
Cute name

(extras)

I don't care what his name is if he's good and wants to come to X.

Xman95
07-26-2009, 01:44 PM
I don't care what his name is if he's good and wants to come to X.

Of course at 6'3" I would hope he wouldn't be playing SF at X.

muskienick
07-26-2009, 02:37 PM
He's a 4-star player (both Rivals and Scout) and is said to have offers from 3 schools already, Xavier included. He's being recrited strongly by about 8 schools, 7 Big Six programs and Xavier.

Strangely (for a shooting forward) his strengths are going to the basket and rebounding and his weakness is perimeter shooting. He's got 2 years to work on his perimeter game before he joins Dee and another 4-star player or two (we hope!).

xufan02
07-26-2009, 02:57 PM
He is on ESPNU tonight with 2010 Xavier target Jay Canty as they take on Juwan Staten, Aaron Craft, JD Weatherspoon, Jared Sullinger, and Adriene Payne. I think game time is 7:00pm.

MADXSTER
09-22-2009, 05:20 PM
http://wolfpackhoops.blogspot.com/2009/07/interview-with-dezmine-wells.html

Nice Interview

WPH: We have had the chance to watch you play on numerous occasions and it is obvious that you have a strength advantage on most of your opponents that guard you. You look like a football player out there. Do you spend a lot of time in the gym?

Wells: I actually have never really lifted weights very much. My coaches are really encouraging me to get in the gym and that is something that I’m really going to do this year. Maybe I’m strong because I did a lot of push-ups growing up. My mom didn’t beat or spank me, she just made me do push-ups when I got into trouble. I guess you could say I did a lot of push-ups. I also played football (Quarterback) up until after my freshmen year. I definitely can use my athletic ability and strength to my advantage. I can play the 1, the 2 or the 3. I know that if I can get a guy on my side that it is over. I’m also strong enough to guard a guy in the post.

sirthought
09-22-2009, 06:24 PM
Sounds confident. That's the first time I've heard of disciplining a kid like that. Sounds great.

xuphan
10-02-2009, 05:40 PM
according to the scouts homepage, Dezmine Wells will be visiting this weeeknd.

http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/905256.html

xunorm
10-05-2009, 11:17 AM
according to rivals he had an excellent visit, guess we'll have to wait a little longer for the second top 100 recruit of '11 to commit

bobbiemcgee
10-05-2009, 02:35 PM
They say he is Vince Carteresque:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_56dHH-xIw

XU 87
10-05-2009, 02:49 PM
From what I've read, the visit went great but, as noted above, he didn't commit. That being said, it looks like X is the favorite right now.

This kid is apparently not a real good shooter right now but is a great athlete who can simply, and continually, beat his man when guarded one on one. I also read that he is very strong and can out muscle whoever guards him.

XU05and07
10-05-2009, 02:53 PM

Hopefully he's not a head case like Vince

Xman95
10-05-2009, 08:12 PM

Honestly, I don't see it. Not that I wouldn't be thrilled to have Wells' leaping/dunking ability, but calling him Carteresque might be pushing it. Vinsanity was just a freak.

Vince Carter in high school (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wY-QD-G8Yg4)

Here's a shot of Vince throwing down in high school:

http://www.casafree.com/modules/xcgal/albums/userpics/21639/normal_Copie%20de%20nba%20-%20vince%20carter%20-%20high%20school%20dunk%20(1)(2).jpg

Here's a shot of the greatest dunk ever:

http://images.dailyradar.com/media/uploads/ballhype/story_large/2009/07/24/frederic_weis_vince_carter.jpg

(By the way, I wonder if LeBron James sees pics like that and thinks of Jordan Crawford.:))

bobbiemcgee
10-06-2009, 01:42 PM
Dez and Dee would be a monstrous 2011 class just with the two of them.

XU 87
10-06-2009, 01:52 PM
Never mind.

Satosboy
10-06-2009, 02:08 PM
87 do you always feel it necessary to run over to here and talk about everything you read on musketeerscoop. There is a reason its a premium board.

tmac03
10-06-2009, 02:10 PM
87 do you always feel it necessary to run over to here and talk about everything you read on musketeerscoop. There is a reason its a premium board.

Well I for one appreciate it. 87's reporting might come close to the blurry line of posting premium content, but it's not like he's cutting and pasting the articles. Let the mods handle it.

waggy
10-06-2009, 02:14 PM
Well I've been thinking of saying something, so thanks for the opportunity. Please stop it. There is more than one person guilty of it.

XU 87
10-06-2009, 02:40 PM

I'm not posting anything that you apparently deem "confidential". I posted some very non-specific info about one recruit. Snow has a lot of specific info on probably 15 different recruits. And if you would take the time to read some of my other posts, I almost always put a pitch in for people to join the Rivals site. (Just ask Chico).

But in keeping with past practice, I recommend everyone to pay the $100 and join the Rivals board. It's well worth the money.

waggy
10-06-2009, 02:45 PM
This board doesn't need for its posters to become spokespersons for Snow/Rivals. What it needs is for it's posters to respect Snow/Rivals content. Again, please stop.

MuskieCinci
10-06-2009, 02:48 PM
Apparently while Wells was on his visit after he watched the team practice they had a dunk contest afterwards that he participated in. I don't think there were judges or anything but apparently he was able to hang with some of the current guys in terms of dunking ability at least.

Madfan
10-06-2009, 03:12 PM
Would be great to see Dez join up with Dee in 2011. Have seen Davis throw some nice "oops" to guys less athletic than Dez.:D

Satosboy
10-06-2009, 03:14 PM
So you and anyone else for that matter continue to take information that is shared on a premium board by Snow and others with sources and you run to the masses. You don’t know the sensitivity of the information that is shared. Who are you to make the determination of what is appropriate to share and what is not. All you do is make yourself look like an attention whore who feeds off of other sources.

Also I’m more of a reader then a poster. Thanks.

XU 87
10-06-2009, 03:18 PM
So you and anyone else for that matter continue to take information that is shared on a premium board by Snow and others with sources and you run to the masses. You don’t know the sensitivity of the information that is shared. Who are you to make the determination of what is appropriate to share and what is not. All you do is make yourself look like an attention whore who feeds off of other sources.

Also I’m more of a reader then a poster. Thanks.

Stop being so melodramatic.

X Factor
10-06-2009, 05:54 PM
Dezmine Wells youtube video. He can get to the rim at will. If he works on his jumper, which apparently he is, he will be an absolute beast.

Dezmine Wells mixtape (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_56dHH-xIw)

MuskieCinci
10-06-2009, 06:59 PM
I hope he committs soon. Living as far away as he does he most likely won't make a return trip to Cincinnati for a really long time so I would like to get him into the fold now while we are fresh in his mind. The longer things take the more other schools get involved and the harder and more dragged out the recruiting process normally is. I would be ecstatic if we added Wells to go with Davis for the 2011 class. In my opinion that class is on par with the 2010 class even with 2 fewer players.

wkrq59
10-07-2009, 02:02 AM
I think, people, the word "confidential, " regarding Rivals/Snow or Snow/Rivals or any other PREMIUM CONTENT PAY SITE is a misnomer.
And it's not just a matter of copyright data or any other protected source of information.
If 87 advocates purchase of the site, it's his privilege. But don't we have some sort of gentlemen's-women's agreement about "pimping" on this board?
Bottom line, if we used premium site information (non cutting and pasting) here, we run the risk of eventually, albeit accidentally, putting the owners and moderators of this board in some trouble which could jeopardize the future of this board.
I don't really care what the motives are for "breaking" such information, be it ego, a sincere desire to be "first" or whatever. It should stop.
If you are that serious about "sharing good news" of informing people of "what's happening," follow this rule: If you can't verify it by at least two, hopefully three, independent sources fagettabout it.
Just a thought. Muskie and others in command have a difficult enough task just keeping the tech side of a damned good site going, without having to be a policeman of a parent slapping a naughty kid's paws. Just a thought.:D:D:D

Pete Delkus
10-07-2009, 11:52 AM
Also note, that Snow isn't the only Xavier basketball source...there are conversations with 'very good' sources happening that are independent of Rivals or any other site. If you don't have these sources and need to pay $100 a year to attain this info, then I see why you might get mad if some of the data is made public. However, note that you are paying for something that others can get free.

I strongly agree that you should make sure posting "inside" info on a public board is the smart thing to do in the first place.

Also, I am making a general statement, and not agout this recruit and the info posted on this thread.

xunorm
10-20-2009, 03:11 PM
getting back to topic, Scout.com now lists him as having a high interest in Xavier, everyone else is a medium.

xu15
10-20-2009, 03:32 PM
getting back to topic, Scout.com now lists him as having a high interest in Xavier, everyone else is a medium.

Well that's a day brightener

xufan02
10-20-2009, 04:11 PM
This is going to happen it is just a matter of time. That backcourt is going to be sick.

xu15
10-20-2009, 05:24 PM
[QUOTE=xufan02;145449]This is going to happen it is just a matter of time. That backcourt is going to be sick.[/

I think Wells is more of a small forward. But I agree that would be one nasty backcourt

Cincy Muskie
10-20-2009, 06:12 PM
If we get Wells we would have one more ship for 2011 currently, correct? Sampson, McCune or Hubert would top off another excellent class for Mack and company.

stophorseabuse
10-20-2009, 06:24 PM
:) :) :) :)
________
iolite vaporizer (http://iolitevaporizer.net/)

SixFig
10-20-2009, 06:53 PM
Freaking love it! Seal the deal Mack and Co!

Then move on to a big man (Desmond Hubert?) and finish the finest class in Xavier history and a potential top-10 in the country.

xufan02
10-20-2009, 07:00 PM
[QUOTE=xufan02;145449]This is going to happen it is just a matter of time. That backcourt is going to be sick.[/

I think Wells is more of a small forward. But I agree that would be one nasty backcourt

I would imagine right now he is projected as a SF, but if his outside and handle inprove he could play the SG. I think Justin Martin is the SG of the future with Wells and Canty playing the SF/SG as well. All these guys bring something different to the table.

X Factor
10-20-2009, 07:21 PM
I know NC State is recruiting Wells very hard too. I found a NC State message board at www.thewolfweb.com. They have a 140+ page ongoing basketball recruiting thread.

I just clicked the last page and read this!!

BigEgo
14534 Posts
user info

edit post I hear a LOT though people, but nothing about this other than gravis and WPH say there's good news.

someone also said something about a rumor that Dez Wells committed somewhere that isn't NC State that I'd like to know more about.

10/20/2009 3:29:30 PM

A few posts later, this same guy with his 14,000 posts said this!!

BigEgo
14534 Posts
user info
edit post

Wells to Xavier

10/20/2009 7:29:49 PM

I hope this is true!!! Please let this be true!

Come to Xavier Dezmine!!

TheWolfWeb - Recruiting Thread (http://www.thewolfweb.com/message_topic.aspx?topic=508056&page=143)

xeus
10-20-2009, 07:27 PM
You don’t know the sensitivity of the information that is shared.

The "sensitivity" of the information? Please. I know exactly how "sensitive" the information is - $100 worth of sensitive.

By the way, I also heard that Wells is likely to commit very soon, perhaps this week.

Cincy Muskie
10-20-2009, 07:38 PM
[QUOTE=xeus;145473]The "sensitivity" of the information? Please. I know exactly how "sensitive" the information is - $100 worth of sensitive.

Great point Xeus.

waggy
10-20-2009, 07:40 PM
IA few posts later, this same guy with his 14,000 posts said this!!

TheWolfWeb - Recruiting Thread (http://www.thewolfweb.com/message_topic.aspx?topic=508056&page=143)

Nice find dude. Welcome Dez, if true.

xeus
10-20-2009, 07:51 PM
Nice find dude. Welcome Dez, if true.

Wait, sorry, but how is that a nice find, but if 87 comes on here and says he read Wells is coming to Xavier it's wrong? "Big Ego" on the NC State board (with his 14,000 posts) very well may have gotten that info from Rivals. Shouldn't we delete it?

xeus
10-20-2009, 07:52 PM
By the way waggy, not trying to pick a fight with you, but with the idea that just because Rivals reports something that it's automatically sensitive and secret and not to be shared.

Satosboy
10-20-2009, 07:54 PM
Haha.... If $8.33 a month is going to get you all riled up you have bigger issues. Not all issues with rewriting premium information is rooted in money.

xeus
10-20-2009, 08:00 PM
Haha.... If $8.33 a month is going to get you all riled up you have bigger issues. Not all issues with rewriting premium information is rooted in money.

I understand that. And for the record, I'm not the one who came on this board with 3 out of 3 posts getting all riled up about "premium information".

And answer this - if someone texts me and says, "Hey, I heard Wells is likely to commit on Thursday" am I supposed to not share that, even though I have no idea if Rivals reported it or not? Should I check with Rivals before I post information I hear, just to make sure it doesn't fall within the parameters of their "premium information"?

Just curious on your thoughts, you obviously have a real interest in this subject.

Satosboy
10-20-2009, 08:25 PM
As I stated before I’m more of a reader then a writer. Plenty feel the same way. Just felt like speaking up finally.

On your text. Use your own judgment on what you deem appropriate. I would think you wouldn’t need me to hold your hand on making decisions on your own.

X Factor
10-20-2009, 08:29 PM
Well, that NC State board is a free board so I didn't have any problem posting that information. Whether or not that guy got his info from Rivals, I don't know, but that's their problem if they did.

I would never post information from a premium (pay site) on this board unless I can find that same info on a free board or the information has already been made known.

Can we just get back to talking about Wells? This would be an absolutely HUGE commitment!!

XU 87
10-20-2009, 08:38 PM
I heard a few days ago that Wells may commit this week.

Note to Satosboy: I heard this; I didn't read this on Rivals. So we don't have to see your fifth post complaining about this subject.

But assuming Wells commits, this is another big recruit for the Mack staff. I think he is a top 75 recruit. Six recruits, all in the top 150. This staff has taken recruiting to a whole new level.

Well done.

waggy
10-20-2009, 08:45 PM
I've occassionally wondered why XH even has a recruiting section. It's not like we have any insiders. Yet we have posters that actually thank other posters for info... Go figure.

As far as the "good find".. You are correct, who knows? I just thought it was kind of obscure. On the other hand, he was able to link to it. So therefore free. At that point it's up to the reader to decide if it's legit. I'll be waiting for verification from other sources before getting too excited.

XU 87
10-20-2009, 08:55 PM
I've occassionally wondered why XH even has a recruiting section. It's not like we have any insiders.

On that I disagree. (And no, I don't consider myself an insider).

But before we even had Rivals, we always had people who knew a few goings-on about recruiting. (See Suspectx). For several years I would learn about a recruit commiting a day or two before it was reported by the media. And one way or the other, we always had a good idea about some of the players being recruited.

bobbiemcgee
10-20-2009, 09:02 PM
How bout this:

http://wolfpackhoops.blogspot.com/2009/10/2011-guard-dezmine-wells-commits-to.html

xeus
10-20-2009, 09:04 PM
As I stated before I’m more of a reader then a writer. Plenty feel the same way. Just felt like speaking up finally.

On your text. Use your own judgment on what you deem appropriate. I would think you wouldn’t need me to hold your hand on making decisions on your own.

Oh, I can use my own judgment? Thanks. Does that go for XU 87 too? What if I "don't know the sensitivity of the information that is shared"? Way to abandon your argument and run for cover. I suggest you stick with your original plan of being more of a reader than a writer.

bobbiemcgee
10-20-2009, 09:08 PM
Mack said in a tweet he was on the phone all night last and his tweet from 10/15 said he was in and out of Lunken:

In and out Lunken Airport last night, returned when the world was sleeping. It's gonna pay big dividens soon. Practice tomorrow!!
7:32 AM Oct 15th from mobile web

Methinks Dez would be just a killer addition, so hope it's true, this guy was recruited by every top program out there.

XU 87
10-20-2009, 09:11 PM
How bout this:

http://wolfpackhoops.blogspot.com/2009/10/2011-guard-dezmine-wells-commits-to.html

Welcome Dezmine Wells.

And kudos to the staff for another great recruit.

waggy
10-20-2009, 09:19 PM
On that I disagree. (And no, I don't consider myself an insider).

But before we even had Rivals, we always had people who knew a few goings-on about recruiting. (See Suspectx). For several years I would learn about a recruit commiting a day or two before it was reported by the media. And one way or the other, we always had a good idea about some of the players being recruited.

xu95 and Source as other examples. Frankly it's pretty obvious to me that at least some people are just rehashing what they read on Rivals. That's awesome if you have another contact aside from Rivals though. I'm down. On the other hand, it appears Satosboy is going to need some convincing. But he's only got about a half dozen posts. NObody. :)

bobbiemcgee
10-20-2009, 09:30 PM
Welcome Dezmine Wells.

And kudos to the staff for another great recruit.

a #59/14 and 68/16 both high 4's ,Dee and Dez, this would be awesome if it goes down. Can only find one source so far. This is top 10 talent, maybe top 5.

Woodburn
10-20-2009, 09:33 PM
ANOTHER top 100 (59 per Rivals) recruit by Coach Mack and Coach Kelsey. 2011 and 2012 are shaping up to be amazing classes and our staff deserves serious accolades. Where are all the doubters now? Now it's time to get it done on the court.

MuskieCinci
10-20-2009, 11:39 PM
So it is pretty much unofficially official at this point then? Practice has barely even started for the 2009-2010 season and we already have the best 2011 recruiting class in the Atlantic 10 locked up. Having two studs like this so early in the game is only going to help recruiting other 2011 kids as well as 2012 kids. I would be ecstatic with any of the trio of McCune/Sampson/Hubert, all 3 appear to be studs and fill a need. This coaching staff is unreal when it comes to recruiting, they have been able to relate to the recruits and target who the people closest to the recuits are and influencing the recruits' decisions. Expectations for the future are very bright.

As for Wells in particular from everything I've heard and read plus the highlight videos I've seen he seems to be a small forward primarily right now but is trying to work on enough of a jump shot to play the shooting guard position some. He just finds ways to get into the lane and is stronger at this stage than everyone guarding him. Add to that his athleticism and long arms and I think he will do OK as a small forward for us, even if he is a but shorter than what we've been used to.

bobbiemcgee
10-21-2009, 12:28 AM
Hoping for a confirmation in A>M>...............This is BIG!!!!!!

Jumpy
10-21-2009, 06:16 AM
I hope this is true. It definitely seems as though the poster on the NC State board is fully confident in his source.

Welcome to X, Dez. Now we have two years to focus on a big man.

sash19
10-21-2009, 09:32 AM
Hope I am not repeating what someone has already posted but here is a little more on Dez....

He plays with the CP3 All Stars which Jay Canty also played for in AAU

He is at Word of God Academy in Raleigh and was the roommate of the #1 player in this years class, John Wall last season

The kid is full of energy and no one can stay in front of him when he is going to the bucket. The comparison was a better, stronger CJ Anderson. However, he can finish above the rim as well as around the rim.

He tends to draw alot of fouls against him and therefore spends alot of time at the free throw line

He is very quick on the wing and is agood rebounder at both ends

DISCLAIMER: No information on this post was directly taken from any pay sites, be it Rivals, Scouts, etc. Let the record show this is all basic, generic, non-behind the scenes observations by various people..... :) Just wanted to be safe with the posting!!

wkrq59
10-21-2009, 10:13 AM
Sash, 87 et al,
Sorry if I over-reacted about the paid sites caveats. Long ago and seemingly far away now, when there was little or no internet, no paid sites, no sharing of information among friends and fans of schools teams, we got out information the hard way--we worked our asses off for it. That means we were on the phone constantly when we weren't working on a particular story or assignment or editing some other ink-stained wretch's copy. We had sources we could trust and THEY TRUSTED US. Without those sources, a reporter would be clueless and out of a job damned soon.
What's all this have to do with Wells or Davis? Not much really, except it's nice to have them on board and equally nice that there are enough posters on this and other boards who think enough of Xavier and us to ferret out recruiting information and give us heads up before it becomes fact.
On numerous occasions I have seen reporters new to the Xavier and other schools beats so desperate for any tidbits that might be news that they become careless. They soon lose the one priceless commodity that can spell death for a reporter, especially in sports--CREDIBILITY.
Because of NCAA rules, reporters have to constantly call coaches, school ADs parents and friends (that's a real dangerous source) and the young man himself.
The chatrooms have given us an entirely new way of communicating and I see very little harm except in one regard, posting rumors about a player's character and/or transgressions. That --to me anyway--is a NO, NO.

XU 87
10-21-2009, 10:27 AM
Q, that green print is tough to read. Other than that, I liked your post.

sash19
10-21-2009, 10:48 AM
Q:

I agree with everything you said, well spoken. I was not directing anything your way, more just an attempt at humor given the back and forth over private versus public info. I am on the rivals site and would never post anything directly. I also have more sources than just Rivals and would also keep those private. That is, as you said, the best way to keep your sources!

I think we should all be happy should Dez decide to come to X. He is a hell of a player and would be another MAJOR addition to the Mack Era recruiting arsenal.....

bobbiemcgee
10-21-2009, 11:15 AM
So will one of you guys with all the sources call one and see if this kid is committing?

some guy tweeted we got him, but never heard of the tweeter:

http://twitter.com/onpss

xu95
10-21-2009, 12:23 PM
So will one of you guys with all the sources call one and see if this kid is committing?

some guy tweeted we got him, but never heard of the tweeter:

http://twitter.com/onpss

I actually told a college buddy of mine two weeks ago to expect a committment from him before the end of the month. I was starting to think I was wrong.

Bottom line is he has already told Coach Mack. He is just waiting for to make it official in a public forum.

xu95

Michigan Muskie
10-21-2009, 02:32 PM
What is the real benefit of subscribing to a site like Rivals, or any other "premium content" site? Is it just that you might get information sooner? Or is it the quality of the writing?

I ask only because it seems to me that anything truly "newsworthy" will become public knowledge within hours (or in some cases minutes) of it happening. This relates to what Q was saying because in the past, news didn't travel so quickly and with such relative ease. Times, they have a-changed.

To that end, I have two conclusions:

One, it's not worth my extra money to pay for such content that will be common knowledge anyway. I say "extra" money because I already pay a monthly fee to actually access the Internet in the first place.

Two, I tend to be more lenient toward those who share such content in an open forum like this since, as mentioned, it will become public knowledge anyway. As long as it's paraphrased (i.e. not plagiarized) then I don't find it to be all that much of an offense. If this person pays "extra" money to be one of the first to know, then he should have the right to tell the people he wants. He paid for the information, so now it is his.

Back on topic: Great news for Xavier. What a fantastic recruiting class this is turning out to be. Our roster will be flat-out stacked.

kyxu
10-21-2009, 02:58 PM
What is the real benefit of subscribing to a site like Rivals, or any other "premium content" site? Is it just that you might get information sooner? Or is it the quality of the writing?

I ask only because it seems to me that anything truly "newsworthy" will become public knowledge within hours (or in some cases minutes) of it happening. This relates to what Q was saying because in the past, news didn't travel so quickly and with such relative ease. Times, they have a-changed.

To that end, I have two conclusions:

One, it's not worth my extra money to pay for such content that will be common knowledge anyway. I say "extra" money because I already pay a monthly fee to actually access the Internet in the first place.

Two, I tend to be more lenient toward those who share such content in an open forum like this since, as mentioned, it will become public knowledge anyway. As long as it's paraphrased (i.e. not plagiarized) then I don't find it to be all that much of an offense. If this person pays "extra" money to be one of the first to know, then he should have the right to tell the people he wants. He paid for the information, so now it is his.

Back on topic: Great news for Xavier. What a fantastic recruiting class this is turning out to be. Our roster will be flat-out stacked.

Very reasonable stance.

Those who don't get all geeked up over recruiting (or at least not as much) probably won't get too much out of a rivals subscription.

I subscribe because I like reading about how recruiting connections materialize, etc., and I like reading about certain players in which Xavier is taking an interest.

As for the writing, and we've discussed this before, Brian Snow is not a gifted writer, and he'd be the first to tell you that. Not a knock at all on the young man. I'm not a repeat subscriber because of his prose. Snow has incredible connections and sources on the recruiting trail that allows readers to know a lot of things about certain players that are either never known, or recruiting info that won't be made known for a while.

It is what it is. A rivals subscription is not some oracle, it's just insider info for people who enjoy that type of stuff.

Madfan
10-21-2009, 03:47 PM
Heard the news a few days ago from an extremely good source (not rivals)haha. Proves I can keep my trap shut...what a great addition to Dee in 2011! I do think we need to find a beast of a center and we will be in great shape.:D

bobbiemcgee
10-21-2009, 03:59 PM
balloon boy whispered it to me than threw up, so not real confident of the source. Looking for more verification which seems to be lacking.

DC Muskie
10-21-2009, 04:07 PM
Michigan, I used to think the rivals site was not worth it.

Than Smails convinced me otherwise. It's a little more insight, and a little more education on how recruiting works.

Not everything eventually comes out by the way. And Snow does a great job of educating people like me.

XU 87
10-21-2009, 04:17 PM

For me, I joined because I have always liked following recruiting. Who is X recruiting, who else is recruiting him, how good is he, etc. And it's not so much finding out a few hours before everyone else that a guy committed; I like reading about the entire recruiting process for the several months leading up to the committment.

The other thing that is nice is you can look up the UD recruits and see which crappy program they're stealing a recruit from.

But Snow also does a pretty good job of analyzing and providing info on the team during the year.

It's well worth the $100.

Xpectations
10-21-2009, 04:45 PM
For me, I joined because I have always liked following recruiting. Who is X recruiting, who else is recruiting him, how good is he, etc. And it's not so much finding out a few hours before everyone else that a guy committed; I like reading about the entire recruiting process for the several months leading up to the committment.

The other thing that is nice is you can look up the UD recruits and see which crappy program they're stealing a recruit from.

But Snow also does a pretty good job of analyzing and providing info on the team during the year.

It's well worth the $100.

I agree with 87. I have subscribed since late in the 2005-2006 season and don't regret it.

I definitely don't subscribe to get commitment information an hour before everyone else. In fact, I have a few people I know who are plugged in well enough to where they can often alert me about a commitment or development before Brian Snow.

In many of those cases, I assume Snow already knows as well but his sources probably request he keep it quiet until a certain timeframe.

I really like the recruiting insight. I think it's interesting to find out whom the staff is recruiting ... why they are targeting them ... how they are prioritized ... the strategies involved ... how we are moving up the recruiting ladder, not just in terms of actual commitments, but in being on the short list for higher and higher levels of recruits ... etc.

There's insight that is meaningful to the program. Of course, my being knowledgeable of it doesn't change what happens on the court, nor probably my enjoyment of the games, but then neither does reading non-game-related Xavier articles in magazines or newspapers.

There's an entire world that I never knew about and wouldn't have known about without Rivals. The fact that recruiting is the lifeblood of any program makes it really interesting to me and gives me an even deeper appreciation of what the coaching staff does and their massive responsibilities across so many areas.

You certainlty don't need Rivals, but like 87, I think it's 100 bucks well spent.

dc_x
10-21-2009, 04:49 PM
You could ask - why watch a basketball game when you could just get the box score the next day? Of course, watching how the event plays out is exciting. That's why I like the Rivals site. It's interesting to see how a recruitment plays out over time.

LyonsIsFlyin
10-21-2009, 05:15 PM
You could ask - why watch a basketball game when you could just get the box score the next day? Of course, watching how the event plays out is exciting. That's why I like the Rivals site. It's interesting to see how a recruitment plays out over time.

I was trying to think how I was going to word my love for Rivals and you put it perfectly. Sure its out now thats he is supposed to have a presser soon to announce it, but everyone who is on Rivals knew awhile ago that we were sitting really well with Dez.

Snow definitely makes it worth the 100 bucks.

xufan02
10-21-2009, 07:21 PM
I give up two beers a month at the bar to subscribe to Rivals, and it is well worth it. Snow is great at what he does and has actually raised Xavier's profile in his own way on the recruiting circuit. Kids love attention and it is good having a guy on the trail to get the scoop for Xavier.

xufan02
10-21-2009, 07:38 PM
Wells will hold a presser tomorrow at 1pm to make the pick.

http://www.highschoolot.com/content/blogpost/6254977/#

bobbiemcgee
10-21-2009, 08:58 PM
I give up two beers a month at the bar to subscribe to Rivals, and it is well worth it. Snow is great at what he does and has actually raised Xavier's profile in his own way on the recruiting circuit. Kids love attention and it is good having a guy on the trail to get the scoop for Xavier.

You could give up 2 1/4 beers and be a supporting member here.

Michigan Muskie
10-21-2009, 10:24 PM

I think this is a great analogy. I still don't have a problem with paid subscribers sharing the information they acquired, but what you said strikes a chord.

Personally, I get as much information as I need about recruiting from this site, but I can definitely understand why some people find that to be such a fascinating element to the game and would spend money to enhance their experience.

dto
10-25-2009, 07:43 PM
Pretty darn excited about this one. I've heard some great things from a couple of sources I have around college basketball. Can we change the status of Wells to Verbal in the header of this thread? Thanks!

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?ReturnTo=&sid=&script=content.asp&cid=1005449&fid=&tid=&mid=&rid=

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Dezmine-Wells-81552

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20091022/SPT0102/310220089/1065

More Cowbell
12-31-2009, 07:25 AM
http://blogs.usatoday.com/gameon/2009/12/some-future-hoop-stars-on-display.html

Dezmine Wells, Raleigh Word of God: The 6-4 junior has committed to Xavier and he's one of those guards who is pass first but is a dangerous scorer. He already has a college body and has the strength and dexterity to break down a defense to either score, get fouled or pass to a teammate for a layup. Xavier fans have to be stoked about getting this guy.

SixFig
12-31-2009, 02:33 PM
I just had a dangerous thought. I was trying to think of someone to compare him to in Xavier History when I realized there was NO one to compare him to. We are getting a caliber of player we never dreamed about twenty years ago. I have no doubt a Final Four will happen before the Dezmine Wells/Dee Davis era is over!

xu15
01-05-2010, 08:13 AM
Here are a few videos I hadn't seen yet (I think they're newer), so I figured some of you hadn't either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qdf0D6mZmiY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GB9PxecSWSc

Enjoy.

MHettel
01-05-2010, 10:59 AM
good videos. not a single jump shot.

JimmyTwoTimes37
01-05-2010, 11:00 AM

He's only a junior...I'm sure he's working on it.

powerofX
01-05-2010, 11:27 AM

nobody puts jumpshots on a youtube mixtape highlight reel.

MHettel
01-05-2010, 11:33 AM
Brad redford did.

Xman95
01-05-2010, 11:48 AM
Brad redford did.

There's a difference between jumpshots and shots that are so long range that National Defense has to track them.

MADXSTER
01-05-2010, 11:54 AM
Finishes very well with good body control with both hands.

powerofX
01-05-2010, 11:57 AM
Brad redford did.

So where are Redford's highlights of his alley oop dunks and above-the-rim blocked shots?

bobbiemcgee
01-05-2010, 12:06 PM
Finishes very well with good body control with both hands.

Mad, this is not the forum to describe your relationship with an old girlfriend.

JimmyTwoTimes37
01-05-2010, 12:21 PM
Mad, this is not the forum to describe your relationship with an old girlfriend.

I just heard a drum rim shot in my office!

MADXSTER
01-05-2010, 12:21 PM
Oops, Thought I was in the X-Lounge.

The_Mack_Pack
01-05-2010, 04:34 PM
What I found encouraging was that on every one of his drives he handled the ball and then penetrated the lane himself, a good slasher with ball handling skills is exactly what Xavier needs!

xuwin
01-05-2010, 04:51 PM
What I found encouraging was that on every one of his drives he handled the ball and then penetrated the lane himself, a good slasher with ball handling skills is exactly what Xavier needs!

Exactly. That will make 4 of them.:)

West is Best
01-09-2010, 01:01 AM
From Jody Demling's twitter feed:

Dez Wells is a player for Word of God. Xavier signee has three really nice dunks and a half-court shot to end first quarter

Wells was playing in Lexington tonight, I'd love to see video highlights if anyone comes across them.

West is Best
01-13-2010, 08:47 PM
Rave reviews for Dezmine keep coming:

From Dave Telep's (scout.com) twitter feed:
"Tied at 38b at half. Dez Wells and his WWF body r too much goin to the rim. Quincy Miller with 16."

"Tied at 66, Dez Wells kept WOG in the game with Leslie on bench. Xavier with the theft!"

Keep it up Dez...

bobbiemcgee
01-13-2010, 09:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qdf0D6mZmiY&feature=fvsr

Xman95
01-13-2010, 09:31 PM
"Tied at 66, Dez Wells kept WOG in the game with Leslie on bench. Xavier with the theft!"

I take issue with that last part. I'm really getting sick and tired of hearing about how Xavier stole a recruit or was able to sneak a player under the radar. It makes it seem like we're a second rate program that isn't deserving of top flight talent. People need to realize that Xavier has become an elite program that attracts elite talent.

Now, have we hit the level of a program like UNC that can expect to bring in four 5-star players in a class? No, we're not there. But it's not like we should expect to bring in guys who would be walk-ons at a place like UNC.

Just give this program the damn credit and respect it deserves already.

West is Best
01-13-2010, 09:48 PM
I take issue with that last part. I'm really getting sick and tired of hearing about how Xavier stole a recruit or was able to sneak a player under the radar. It makes it seem like we're a second rate program that isn't deserving of top flight talent. People need to realize that Xavier has become an elite program that attracts elite talent.

Now, have we hit the level of a program like UNC that can expect to bring in four 5-star players in a class? No, we're not there. But it's not like we should expect to bring in guys who would be walk-ons at a place like UNC.

Just give this program the damn credit and respect it deserves already.

Telep has a lot of respect for Xavier and the staff, I took it as an indication that Dez's stock is rising and that he could be Xavier's highest ranked prospect ever.

To get a top 60 recruit from the center of ACC country to commit to an Ohio school before his junior year starts... I might also call that a theft.

Xman95
01-13-2010, 10:39 PM
Telep has a lot of respect for Xavier and the staff, I took it as an indication that Dez's stock is rising and that he could be Xavier's highest ranked prospect ever.

To get a top 60 recruit from the center of ACC country to commit to an Ohio school before his junior year starts... I might also call that a theft.

I don't take it as a theft. I think it's just a sign that X is higher profile and that high school kids are becoming well aware of that. Do you think if that kid went to UC, Marquette, Arizona, ND, S.Carolina, LSU, Southern Cal, Gonzaga, etc., that people would be calling it a theft? Probably not, but Xavier's program is as good as or better than all of them.

I'm not saying that Telep doesn't have respect for Xavier and the staff. In fact, it's likely that he meant it as a compliment. But phrases like "Xavier with the steal" send out the idea that we're not in the same class as the big boys and that it's amazing a player like Wells chose X over one of the really good programs.

I'll admit that I'm probably being overly sensitive about it. But I just don't like it.

bobbiemcgee
01-29-2010, 02:10 AM
http://video.aol.co.uk/video-detail/dunk-of-the-week-dezmine-wells-off-a-sick-alley-from-cj-leslie-at-the-gsk/2171321279

The_Mack_Pack
02-18-2010, 02:17 PM
http://www.flagrantfouls.com/2010/02/aau-preview-cp3-all-stars-dont-rebuild-they-reload/

Some nice Dez dunks middle of page. I didn't know Canty and Wells were on the same AAU team which is good to know I guess.

rhyno2110
02-18-2010, 02:56 PM
http://www.flagrantfouls.com/2010/02/aau-preview-cp3-all-stars-dont-rebuild-they-reload/

Some nice Dez dunks middle of page. I didn't know Canty and Wells were on the same AAU team which is good to know I guess.

That is an impressive video. Dezmine is only 5-10 right? How does he get up that high??

Just Amazing, can't wait until next year's recruits, and the year after.

JimmyTwoTimes37
02-18-2010, 03:00 PM
That is an impressive video. Dezmine is only 5-10 right? How does he get up that high??

I think he's 6'4....

But regardless ya he definitely can get up

powerofX
02-18-2010, 03:02 PM

I think you are referring to Dee Davis.

rhyno2110
02-18-2010, 03:25 PM
I think you are referring to Dee Davis.

Yeah, I just checked and Dezmine is 6'5 according to ESPN.
Thanks for the correction.

bobbiemcgee
02-21-2010, 01:11 PM
http://hoopmixtape.ning.com/video/dezmine-wells-with-a-sick-dunk

pizza delivery
02-21-2010, 11:04 PM
How much fun are we going to have? DAMN!

Xman95
02-23-2010, 12:19 PM

Just think, Wells and D.Davis both have another year of learning/improving before they get to X. WOW!

The job that Mack and Co. have done in such a short time is phenomenal.

The_Mack_Pack
02-23-2010, 12:24 PM

Canty and Wells are both going to be athletic freaks of nature, the olley-oop will be back!!

Xman95
02-23-2010, 12:27 PM
Canty and Wells are both going to be athletic freaks of nature, the olley-oop will be back!!

Didn't they run that in "Hoosiers"?

http://isportsweb.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/ollie.JPG

JimmyTwoTimes37
03-17-2010, 10:24 AM
New Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU2-StX6AbU&feature=youtu.be&a

Good Lord...

xavierj
03-17-2010, 10:30 AM
Seems to really like Xavier. Always making the X sign and wearing the Xavier shirt during introductions. Seems like he is mad at the world, which is a good thing. He has no problem letting others know the rim is his.

waggy
03-17-2010, 10:45 AM
Nice. Hard to believe he's two classes away.

SixFig
03-17-2010, 10:47 AM
New Video

Good Lord...

I just got happy in the pants.

This kid looks like he could fight for a starting job right away (that is if Jordan Crawford isn't still there ;))

MHettel
03-17-2010, 10:51 AM
I think that guy is better than me in basketball.

xuwin
03-17-2010, 10:52 AM
New Video

Good Lord...

Most kids can dunk the ball. What else can he do?

xavierj
03-17-2010, 10:58 AM
Most kids can dunk the ball. What else can he do?

Looks like he has a good handle and is very strong with the ball, including both hands. Does not appear to shoot much outside but is a scorer. I don't know if you guys remember that Monroe cat from GW, but that is who he reminds me of. I just know that Monroe could not shoot but no one could stop him either.

JimmyTwoTimes37
03-17-2010, 11:04 AM
Remember, he's only a JR. He is working very hard on his outside shot, but his dribble penetration/quickness/athleticism/body control/finishing is unbelievable at that age...That's why he is one of the best players in NC right now, is a top 60 player in the country, and has gotten the invite to the NBA top 100 camp

DoubleD86
03-17-2010, 04:35 PM
Remember, he's only a JR. He is working very hard on his outside shot, but his dribble penetration/quickness/athleticism/body control/finishing is unbelievable at that age...That's why he is one of the best players in NC right now, is a top 60 player in the country, and has gotten the invite to the NBA top 100 camp

I agree with this, and yes while his videos are always about dunking, more than that stands out to me. First, he is INCREDIBLY strong with the ball and taking it to the rim. Second, wow his quickness. Some of those cuts and first steps with the ball in his hand just embarrass the defenders. Third, finishing with both hands. He loses nothing taking the ball up either left-handed or right-handed. Smooth touch and ability to put the ball in the basket with both hands. Lastly, yes he dunks, but the way he dunks is what stands out to me. He doesn't need much time or effort to load into his jump. He is explosive and very quick off the floor, and can do it on the run effortlessly. Those kind of jumpers make it much harder to block or stop. Then, once he gets to the rim, pure anger and strength. He attacks the rim like it stole his lunch money. It will take a lot for a defender to stop his attack, and he will still have the strength to finish through contact.

Needless to say, I am very excited for this kid.

P.S. I also love the kid showing his love for Xavier. The "X"s with his hands and the t-shirt before the game, while nothing is ever a sure thing he seems to really be excited to go to X and hopefully that means absolutely no worry over the next two years.

XerXes
03-17-2010, 05:15 PM
The kid looks like he's got a pretty smooth stroke from the free throw line. That doesn't necessarily mean a good jump shot but I'm betting the mechanics are there and if has or can develop a mid range pull up jumper he could be absolutely deadly with his quickness and ball handling ability.

:logo:

BandAid
03-17-2010, 05:32 PM
New Video

Good Lord...

sick. nasty.

can hardly wait.

MADXSTER
03-17-2010, 05:50 PM
Actually reminds me of CJ Anderson with better hops.

Charlesbt4
03-17-2010, 05:52 PM
His aggression when driving to the basketball hoop is Lebron James-esque.

smileyy
03-17-2010, 07:53 PM
Is it just me, or is he really muscular for a kid that age? I feel like most players his age are pretty scrawny. Probably gives him a big advantage over his competition. The XU weight program will probably benefit him, but maybe not as much as it will other players.

bigkatxu
03-29-2010, 01:35 PM
He does look rather filled out for a HS player. Impressive. His dunks are of a rather violent nature. He's looking to absolutely punish the rim.......I absolutely love it. He likes to jaw so I'll just tack that up to a fiery, competitive natured kid, I guess. He certainly appears to have a nice handle and very good finishing around the rim. And as an earlier poster said, I love the X props.

boozehound
03-29-2010, 02:26 PM
I agree bigkat. He is jacked. Particularly for a High School Jr.

It certainly looks like he has the body to play right away.

xavierj
03-29-2010, 02:29 PM
Here is an article from the Carolina Challenge from this past weekend. Wells apparently did pretty well and averaged about 17 a game over the 3 games. Article talks about how explosive he is and how he was clearly one of the better players. Also talks about how he played with John Wall at Word of God Academy.

http://www.newsobserver.com/2010/03/28/410361/wall-has-impact-on-carolina-challenge.html

Mark 3 Pointer
03-29-2010, 02:33 PM
The aggression this kid (I mean man) shows is scary.

All hale Dez the Destroyer!

Masterofreality
03-29-2010, 03:24 PM
Wow. The kid has a set of pipes on him that Popeye would envy.

Killer crossover too with hops. I love the X sign that he keeps making. Hope he enjoyed X in the Dance and can't wait to be one of the guys to lead us to the Promised Land.

XUfaninJAX
03-29-2010, 04:23 PM
The aggression this kid (I mean man) shows is scary.

All hale Dez the Destroyer!

The Deztroyer!!

JimmyTwoTimes37
04-12-2010, 03:28 PM
Dunno if this has been posted yet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOTTDE5u9pc

smileyy
04-12-2010, 03:38 PM
Looks more like he has body control and strength, rather than raw ups. I realize he's only 6'3", but he's not getting that high above the rim. Maybe long arms, too.

I'd kill for combine-style statistics on recruits.

JimmyTwoTimes37
04-12-2010, 03:41 PM
Looks more like he has body control and strength, rather than raw ups. I realize he's only 6'3", but he's not getting that high above the rim. Maybe long arms, too.

Interestingly enough, on one of those comments, some guy who says he's 6'2 claims he stood next to him and he's a legit 6'5...

I'll believe the official 6'3 for now, but what a pleasant surprise it would be if the comment person was actually right

EDIT: Just checked ESPN's site. He's listed as 6'5 220 there

smileyy
04-12-2010, 04:17 PM
Reminds me of CJ Anderson, then, with his slashing and strength. Would love to see him add/improve a jumper to make him a lethal SF.

xu15
04-13-2010, 08:23 AM

He's obviously got some damn good ups, but I see what you mean. Love the body control and the ability to adjust and finish in a lot of ways. I'm pumped to see this kid play.

whitesox
04-13-2010, 09:04 AM
He reminds me a lot of Eric Gordon in high school in terms of his ability to drive to the basket and finish (the difference between them, though, is that Gordon was also a tremendous outside shooter). He looks very strong with the basketball and it appears he finishes well... I look forward to seeing him at Xavier.

UnCaged
04-13-2010, 10:33 AM
Wow Dez has quick hops. He needs almost no time to get up, no setting or anything. Super impressive as well as the # of blocks they showed in what looked to be only a few games.

I don't know who said he didn't look like he was getting very high, but it looked like he was pumping while catching oops and getting plenty high to dunk. Simply put, the kid has great ups and is explosive as anyone who has every played at X.

Now, let's get to working on the J as a move up to college will produce a few big(ger) boys who like to swat unknowing freshman shots into the 10th row.

I get more impressed with his handle as each highlight tape shows up. Really can't wait to see him in an X uniform after another year of growth and work on his shot. Wow.

JimmyTwoTimes37
04-13-2010, 10:37 AM
Someone provided a link I dont know if it was on here or not, but the gist of the link/writeup was:

"Xavier may be the best school at recognizing talent and getting young players to commit before they 'Blow up'. Dezmine Wells is a perfect example and many big schools are scratching their heads on why they weren't involved with him earlier"

A10fan
04-13-2010, 10:40 AM
That quote was from the ESPN recruiting page on Dez

SixFig
04-13-2010, 10:41 AM
Additionally impressive from the highlight is that he has a nice left handed layup workin, which will serve him well at the college level when smart defenders will exploit players who can only finish with one hand (thats what she said).

Also love having a passionate representative of X in the talent-rich NC area.

JimmyTwoTimes37
04-13-2010, 10:50 AM
That quote was from the ESPN recruiting page on Dez

Thanks. I wasn't sure where I read that.

BlueX
04-15-2010, 05:54 PM
For those in NEO, Dezmine is likely playing in the upcoming King James AAU Tournament.

http://highschoolsports.cleveland.com/news/article/5829549645792691669/king-james-shooting-stars-classic-to-branch-out-to-many-more-locations-this-spring-in-fifth-year-of-the-youth-basketball-tournament/

Masterofreality
04-15-2010, 08:24 PM
For those in NEO, Dezmine is likely playing in the upcoming King James AAU Tournament.

You know I'll be there.

Benxman
04-24-2010, 07:30 PM
MOR. When is/was this tourney? As Willy Cunningham says on Cincinnati radio station 700, "Give (us) a full report).
After watching a couple of videos of this guy, if he develops a half way decent jump shot, he could be murder.
Gotta love it!
Go Mack and Co.
Benxman in Cincy...X territory!

Xman95
04-24-2010, 08:31 PM
MOR. When is/was this tourney? As Willy Cunningham says on Cincinnati radio station 700, "Give (us) a full report).
After watching a couple of videos of this guy, if he develops a half way decent jump shot, he could be murder.
Gotta love it!
Go Mack and Co.
Benxman in Cincy...X territory!

The King James Tournament is going on this weekend, primarily in the Akron, OH area (gyms are scattered around, but it's based out of Akron...home of LBJ).

DoubleD86
05-17-2010, 07:46 PM
Just a random thought, but how come this one isn't stickied and VERBAL on it like Davis'?

waggy
05-17-2010, 08:21 PM
Just a random thought, but how come this one isn't stickied and VERBAL on it like Davis'?

Needs more COD. :p

More Cowbell
06-11-2010, 09:18 AM
Wells opts to attend Hargrave

http://www.newsobserver.com/2010/06/11/526524/wells-opts-to-attend-hargrave.html

MHettel
06-11-2010, 12:03 PM
Great.

I love it when the players choose to expose themselves to this type of rigor. Speaks of work ethic, determination, and focus.

ballyhoohoo
06-11-2010, 12:35 PM
Great.

I love it when the players choose to expose themselves .

me not so much

ThePowerOfX
06-11-2010, 03:54 PM
Worked out with Chris Paul....I'd say thats pretty solid...

MuskieCinci
06-11-2010, 05:12 PM
I know the staff is also recruiting Rodney Purvis and also has ties with Chris Paul. I know this is probably not the case but maybe the staff had some say in CP3 working out with Dez and the Purvis kid. Hopefully Dez and Paul talked up Xavier to him. Most likely not the case but not too impossible.

xufan02
06-12-2010, 04:34 PM
Here is a link about that camp and Dezmine Wells is mentioned. I hear TuTu is there too.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/405093-chris-pauls-elite-guard-camp-building-better-point-guards

SixFig
06-12-2010, 08:36 PM
Here is a link about that camp and Dezmine Wells is mentioned. I hear TuTu is there too.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/405093-chris-pauls-elite-guard-camp-building-better-point-guards

"For the high schoolers, the drills are intended to show them how to master their ball handling skills and how an elite guard positions and defends, which is key for power players like Dezmine Wells, a 6'4" small forward from the class of 2011.

Wells is taking on smaller, sometimes quicker players, but he works like mad, pouring himself into every drill. He uses his size to defend, as guard Marquis Rankin gets an inside step and flashes under him, he quickly adjusts in midair and cleanly blocks the ball at the last second.

Later, as he pulls off a great jab step and blasts past his defender, he turns his head to rafters and screams angrily in obvious frustration as his shot clangs off the rim. The coaches rush in and tell him emphatically, "There was nothing wrong with that play! You did everything right!"

It's a good teaching moment. The coaches have been harping on the players for not following instructions all night, but Wells is obviously paying attention. He might not be getting the result he wants, but he is listening. And that makes coaches happy."

This kid is going to be good. UNC, Duke etc. are going to be kicking themselves they missed out on him.

Benxman
06-13-2010, 01:35 PM
Thanks. I wasn't sure where I read that.

I can't wait to watch this kid play. He plays with power and exuberance! Wow! does he ever change directions in a hurry. On one of those reels, he went to his right and when the defender recovered, he crossed over to his left and was at the rim in a flash. He literally explodes to the rim. Hard to defend a guy like that. If you try to block him, chances are you are going to foul him. I can see him scoring a ton of points from the free throw line.

Hey Dez! Work on your three point shot and your free throws, and you will be a complete player. Bring him on!
GO MUSKIES!

Benxman
06-13-2010, 01:43 PM
Sorry about the quote at the head of my last thread. I must have hit something accidentally.
I love these kind of guys - interchangeable parts. Can you picture Wells, Canty, Martin and Sampson on one team? Talk about verstility - man Mack will drive other coaches wild with his mix and match line ups.
GO MUSKIES!

American X
06-14-2010, 10:20 AM
Wells opts to attend Hargrave

WOOHOO!

I have long stipulated Xavier should just hand out scholarships in the gym at Hargrave.

bobbiemcgee
06-14-2010, 12:28 PM
http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/976444.html

A10fan
06-20-2010, 09:35 AM
Looks like Dezmine had a nice Top100 camp tournament!

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1095884

xu drew
06-21-2010, 07:34 AM
if anybody follows Evan Daniels from Scout on Twitter, you would have seen him make a couple tweets about how Dez was a "beast" at this camp. it was very nice to see!

More Cowbell
06-28-2010, 12:40 PM
http://community.foxsports.com/goodmanonfox/blog/

1 of 11 on the High School Roster for "The Truth's" Skills Academy.

xufan02
06-28-2010, 01:52 PM
Wells continues to grow. I would image by the time he hits campus he will be closer to 6'6.

Benxman
06-28-2010, 03:03 PM
It is good to read that he has added the mid-range jump shot to his repertoire. Now if/when he moves it out to 3 point land, this kid will be unstoppable. We have a winner coming in next year. The way he was able to get to the rim and finish against the best high school players in the country is absolutely exciting! Could he be another Jordan Crawford?
Now, if Chris Mack and company can just sign Jakarr Sampson, WOW, what a class!
GO MUSKIES!

More Cowbell
06-28-2010, 03:59 PM
by another Jordan Crawford, do you mean he could be another Brandon Spearman. I hear he will be great.

More Cowbell
06-29-2010, 12:49 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/basketball/mens/news/story?id=5339078

• Xavier commit and small forward Dezmine Wells (Raleigh, N.C./Hargrave Military) is a big-time athlete with great strength. He displayed the ability to score through contact and get to the rim at will during drills. The 6-5, 220-pounder is tough, competes on every possession and is going to be a beast in the Atlantic 10 Conference.

kyxu
06-29-2010, 01:39 PM
Dez Wells is an extreme talent. The Xavier coaching staff did an incredible job of recruiting him so early, and getting him on-board.

A10fan
06-29-2010, 03:17 PM
Nice little video recap of Wells as the MVP of the NBA Top100 tournament. Listen to the video to see what Telep has to say about Wells because it's quite impressive.

http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/980745.html

JimmyTwoTimes37
06-29-2010, 03:26 PM
Nice little video recap of Wells as the MVP of the NBA Top100 tournament. Listen to the video to see what Telep has to say about Wells because it's quite impressive.

http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/980745.html

Great find. Reps. Telep talks extremely slow. If it was an episode of Seinfeld, his nickname would be "The Slow Talker"

Anti-Homer
06-29-2010, 04:39 PM
Dez Wells is an extreme talent. The Xavier coaching staff did an incredible job of recruiting him so early, and getting him on-board.

The assessments against high caliber competition tells me he might be in the Rivals top 25 if he committed to a Big Six school. Having 2 guys who can get to the rim (Dez and Canty) and collapse the defense will bode well for guys like Redford, Martin and McKenzie (assuming he plays next yr).

Hope we get a chance to see DWells play in the Deveroes league.

xavierj
06-29-2010, 06:28 PM
Dez will be a senior this year. Canty however will be a freshman this year.

SixFig
06-29-2010, 06:33 PM
Dez would start right now on this Muskie team.

I can't wait till he signs he Letter of Intent...I have nightmares about UNC taking him somehow.

THRILLHOUSE
06-29-2010, 08:17 PM

I can't wait till he signs he Letter of Intent...I have nightmares about UNC taking him somehow.

Dez loves X, he will stay a Muskie.

xufan02
06-29-2010, 08:32 PM
Dez loves X, he will stay a Muskie.

I also think that our track record with players from Hargrave will keep Dez in the fold regardless of who comes calling. Let see, West, Burrell, and Crawford all went to Hargrave and had decent careers at XU.

:D

kyxu
06-29-2010, 09:03 PM

North Carolina would have to actually offer him a scholarship in order for him to consider switching. I don't see the Tar Heels doing that.

Having said that, I agree with Thrillhouse. Wells will be a Musketeer.

More Cowbell
07-05-2010, 08:11 AM
http://community.foxsports.com/goodmanonfox/blog/2010/07/05/lebron_james_high_school_and_college_rosters

A10fan
07-05-2010, 08:33 AM
Wells got a nice bump in Scouts updated Top100. He's now at #30! Jakarr also moved all the way up to #22. Those 2 would make an outstanding SF/PF tandem with their athleticism and rebounding.

http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=9&c=4&cfg=bb&pid=88&yr=2011

madness31
07-05-2010, 12:13 PM
While it would be great to add a top 25 recruit to the class to go along with the other incredible talent X has coming in, I'd rather get a skilled center if possible. Of course I'd be happy to have Jakarr but X would have to go small unless some of the youngsters keep growing. The team probably has enough athletic ability and shooting to make this work and it would definitely be fun to watch. Great point play, which appears to be a lock for many years to come should also add to X's ability to go small.

A10fan
07-05-2010, 12:56 PM
madness, Jakarr is 6'8". Maybe a little lean but his frame can definitely add muscle. He would be a matchup nightmare for 4's in the same way Duncan was except Duncan didn't have the handle that Sampson does. Mack could easily give Jakarr minutes at the 3 and the 4. A big would be nice but not at the expense of Jakarr.

DoubleD86
07-05-2010, 01:20 PM
madness, Jakarr is 6'8". Maybe a little lean but his frame can definitely add muscle. He would be a matchup nightmare for 4's in the same way Duncan was except Duncan didn't have the handle that Sampson does. Mack could easily give Jakarr minutes at the 3 and the 4. A big would be nice but not at the expense of Jakarr.

This.

Also, how many scholarships do we have for next year? Can't we take 4 guys so we could get a big and Jakarr.

madness31
07-05-2010, 04:52 PM
I more or less talked myself into Jakarr being a great get. There is enough speed, athleticism and shooting to go small. Frease will hopefully be strong his senior year giving X one true center. The team could be long at 3 of 5 positions with Frease on the bench and have great speed. Hopefully a center could be brought in the following year but if not the team should still be strong.

Xman95
07-05-2010, 07:53 PM
This.

Also, how many scholarships do we have for next year? Can't we take 4 guys so we could get a big and Jakarr.

Yep*. They might be able to add someone like Goff (if ok academically). He would be a back-up for Frease when big fella is a senior, then allow X to give someone like Hammons a less demanding Freshman season the following year.

* - this is assuming the Walsh transfer has been completed (last I heard was that he was planning to transfer out, but that he actually had not done so yet).

MuskieCinci
07-05-2010, 09:28 PM
Yep*. They might be able to add someone like Goff (if ok academically). He would be a back-up for Frease when big fella is a senior, then allow X to give someone like Hammons a less demanding Freshman season the following year.

* - this is assuming the Walsh transfer has been completed (last I heard was that he was planning to transfer out, but that he actually had not done so yet).

Walsh's name is removed from his locker in the locker room and it is cleaned out. I think it is as official on Xavier's end as can be, he just hasn't found a new destination yet.

DoubleD86
07-05-2010, 10:17 PM
Thanks for the response, I thought with Walsh's departure we could now add 4.

More Cowbell
07-08-2010, 08:29 AM
http://www.newsobserver.com/2010/07/08/570348/dez-wells-works-on-his-skills.html

Nothing new in the article, but good to see his name getting out there.

SixFig
07-08-2010, 09:23 AM
http://www.newsobserver.com/2010/07/08/570348/dez-wells-works-on-his-skills.html

Nothing new in the article, but good to see his name getting out there.

This article also says Dezmine is 6-5. Rebounding and defense are all about heart and desire, and Dez has that...but a few extra inches never hurt (that's what she said).

Imagine if he would grow to 6-7 with those skills. Wow just wow.

sash19
07-08-2010, 09:34 AM
This article also says Dezmine is 6-5. Rebounding and defense are all about heart and desire, and Dez has that...but a few extra inches never hurt (that's what she said).

Imagine if he would grow to 6-7 with those skills. Wow just wow.

To have Dez with his skill and athletic ability at 6'7" would be awesome. If he continues to work on his shot and using his left hand, he COULD be a 5 star player....

xufan02
07-10-2010, 06:33 AM
He has actually grown two inches over the last year, went from 6'3" to 6'5", so the prospects of him growing a few more are potentially there. The thing that will allow him to play bigger players in college is the 80 1/2" wing span, and his athleticsm. I'm looking forward to seeing the 2010 class play, but it is encouraging to have a game changer in the 2011 class.

SixFig
07-11-2010, 04:11 PM
A couple comments concerning Dez by Scout.com's Dave Telep

"Chris Mack got watch his guy Dez Wells and Wells’ good friend Rodney Purvis because they were on the same team"

"Dezmine Wells is important to Xavier on a number of fronts. He’s a proven beast off the dribble and strong handler. He’s also a great teammate, the kind of guy who will make it his business to lock down recruits that are on campus. …"

rhyno2110
07-11-2010, 06:48 PM
Damn, Dez sounds like a dedicated player. I'm getting butterflies just thinking about him in a Xavier uniform.

waggy
07-11-2010, 10:04 PM
There's a slot or two open in this class...

Who wants to be a Champion??

bobbiemcgee
07-12-2010, 11:24 AM
http://community.foxsports.com/goodmanonfox/blog/2010/07/06/july_period_underway;_updated_scout.com_top_25_run down_

bobbiemcgee
07-16-2010, 12:36 PM
Question: Xavier has Dee Davis and Dez Wells coming in next yr. Do you think they have a shot @ Harris, DSR or Jakarr?

Friday July 16, 2010 1:31
1:31 For the record, I think Dez Wells is a steal for X. I think they have a great shot with DSR and Gary Harris.

Xman95
07-16-2010, 12:41 PM
Question: Xavier has Dee Davis and Dez Wells coming in next yr. Do you think they have a shot @ Harris, DSR or Jakarr?

1:31 For the record, I think Dez Wells is a steal for X. I think they have a great shot with DSR and Gary Harris.

I've said it before and will continue to say it (or at least post it)... I'm tired of hearing that "Player A" was a steal for Xavier. It's as if they don't expect us to get really talented players. Look, we're one of the top programs in the country and have moved to the point where we're involved with the 4- and 5-star players. We're not going to land all of them. Nobody does. But Xavier is a program that goes after and lands top talent. No matter who we land, the players should no longer be considered a "steal" for Xavier.

JimmyTwoTimes37
07-16-2010, 12:48 PM

Is this an insider chat? Is there a link with the transcript?

kyxu
07-16-2010, 12:48 PM
I've said it before and will continue to say it (or at least post it)... I'm tired of hearing that "Player A" was a steal for Xavier. It's as if they don't expect us to get really talented players. Look, we're one of the top programs in the country and have moved to the point where we're involved with the 4- and 5-star players. We're not going to land all of them. Nobody does. But Xavier is a program that goes after and lands top talent. No matter who we land, the players should no longer be considered a "steal" for Xavier.

I think they mean a "steal" in the sense that he's really blown up since committing to Xavier. He was ranked fairly high then, but the accolades have really been coming for Wells since pledging to Xavier last October.

Getting in early with Wells is what really helped our chances. We were in very early with Harris, DSR and Jakarr, so hopefully the result is the same.

A10fan
07-16-2010, 12:49 PM

Absolutely! Harris is a 2, DSR is a 1/2 and Jakarr can be a 3/4. That leaves plenty of minutes to go around. You have to look at the schools that we are recruiting against as much as whom we already have coming in. For example, it seems that the major competition for Jakarr is Louisville. They are said to be highly involved with QMiller and Bello and already have a SF committed for 2011. Things will work themselve out but I would be suprised if X doesn't get Harris or DSR. Jakarr may be a longer shot especially if Mich St decides to target him as a priority.

bobbiemcgee
07-16-2010, 01:08 PM
Is this an insider chat? Is there a link with the transcript?

Live chat usually on a Friday @ 1pm:

http://jodydemling.courier-journal.com/

Another Q:
Xavier seems to be in on every single Indiana prospect. Can they be a player for the top tier guys? Or are they still at the stage where they get the left-overs?

Friday July 16, 2010 1:52 Bous
1:52 No they are a player with the top guys. The staff has done a great job in Indy and assistant Travis Steele has a lot of connections there

bobbiemcgee
07-16-2010, 01:17 PM

Another Q:
Indiana seems to be in on every single Xavier prospect. Can they be a player for the top tier guys? Or are they still at the stage where they get the left-overs?

1:52 No they are a player with the top guys. The staff has done a great job in Indy and assistant Travis Steele has a lot of connections there

Fixed.

Masterofreality
07-17-2010, 09:19 PM

Another Q:
Indiana seems to be in on every single Xavier prospect. Can they be a player for the top tier guys? Or are they still at the stage where they get the left-overs?

1:52 No they are a player with the leftovers. The staff has done a marginal job in Indy and Tom Crean's whining has turned off a lot of connections there

Fixed for good.

More Cowbell
07-19-2010, 04:44 PM
Not a bad list to be on...

Dezmine Wells, 6′4, SF, 2011 - It was interesting to see Wells run the show at the point after widely being considered a small forward throughout his entire career. It was clear that he’s not a natural playmaker with the ball in his hands, but he looked really good running the pick and roll throughout the camp. Once the former teammate of John Wall (and now Hargrave Military Academy star) got into the paint, it was over due to his explosive leaping ability and powerful body. The Xavier commit has a chance to be a beast in the A-10, but still needs to increase his range if he hopes to maximize his potential

http://www.slamonline.com/online/college-hs/high-school/2010/07/kings-of-the-city/

Xman95
07-19-2010, 06:23 PM
Not a bad list to be on...

http://www.slamonline.com/online/college-hs/high-school/2010/07/kings-of-the-city/

Just think, there's a chance X could land three of those guys. Wells has already given a verbal, Sampson has X as one of the last ones standing, and Purvis seems to have X on his radar too (and he's apparently tight with Wells).

I doubt we'll land all three, but Mack & Co. are doing a great job when it comes to recruiting so it's not out of the realm of possibility.

SixFig
07-26-2010, 10:49 PM
From Brian Snow via JacketsOnline (Free Article)

Dezmine Wells - Wells did what Wells does, and that is absolutely play like a freight train going to the rim. He used his straight line speed with the ball to push the pace and score before the defense was able to get back. Also what Wells does as much as anyone is get to the foul line. He is so strong with his drives that he invites contact, and if he doesn't finish through contact he has a chance to earn points from the charity stripe.

More Cowbell
07-28-2010, 08:16 AM
Dezmine Wells also had things working. The physical wing had it going early. At one point in time in the first quarter the score was Wells 14 and Martin Bros. 9.

To get those points Wells did it in a variety of ways. As always he scored going to the rim using his impressive combination of strength, quickness, and athleticism, but he did more than that. Wells showed off a good mid-range game with a pull up jumper and a floater, and then for good measure against a sagging zone defense he bombed in two threes.

http://georgiatech.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1106991

Xman95
07-28-2010, 08:29 AM
Wells is going to be a BEAST!! If he adds a consistent outside jumper to his game (including 3-pt range), I'm not sure how teams will stop him.

JimmyTwoTimes37
07-28-2010, 09:13 AM
From some scout's twitter:

WilliamGunter: Dez Wells is going to have a great career at Xavier and I predict he will be a solid 10 year NBA type player.

A10fan
08-02-2010, 03:43 PM
Congrats to Dez on his invite to the Nike Global Challenge!

http://www.nikeglobalchallenge.com/ngc10_teams/NGC10_USA-Participants.pdf

More Cowbell
08-05-2010, 04:32 PM
Dezmine Wells (Raleigh, N.C./Hargrave Military Academy) is an exciting, strong small forward. All week long, he aggressively attacked the basket with success in transition or the half-court set. His dribble drive is so effective because his strong body and quick first step is hard to guard. In transition, the future Musketeer can go coast to coast or find his teammate. He beats defenders that are his size or bigger with his dribble penetration and quickness and overpowers just about everyone in the paint with his long arms and strong torso. His jumper is improving and he knocks it down from 15 feet as he plays the game with a high motor. Wells is already considered an NBA prospect, and as he works on his 3-point shot, he will turn many heads in the future.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/basketball/mens/news/story?id=5439516

Wells is up to 30 in the latest Scout.com ranking.

More Cowbell
08-20-2010, 01:05 PM
EvanDanielscout #FF @alexmurphy5, @deucebello, @iamsocincinnati5, @KyleAnderson5, @Lboogie_5, @QCook323, @tonyparker32, @tonetone13, @dwells_21
about 1 hour ago via web

EvanDanielscout Only person in our top 10 not on Twitter is Marquis Teague. Now I'll #FF other HS hoopers...
about 1 hour ago via web

EvanDanielscout #FF @qmillertime, @MikeGilchrist, @jmcadoo14, @RealDealBeal23, @alldaythomas, @austinrivers25, @AntDavis23, @1MK2, @rakeemchristmas
about 1 hour ago via web

EvanDanielscout I don't usually #FollowFriday, but I'm going to today. I'm going with a high school hooper theme. Starting with our top 10.

Reading from the bottom up, does that put Dez Wells at 20?

or am i reading too much into this

A10fan
08-20-2010, 07:07 PM
reading too much. I seriously doubt that he'll move up any. I don't mind 30 and I'd rather he moved up in the ESPN and Rivals ranking.

whitesox
08-24-2010, 07:16 PM
Wells is 39th in the new Scout rankings and 66th in the Rivals rankings, both of which were released today.

http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=9&c=4&cfg=bb&pid=88&yr=2011

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/rankings/rank-2288

GoMuskies
08-25-2010, 12:13 AM
Time to go give Snow a hard time about the difference in ratings.

SixFig
08-25-2010, 12:53 AM
How can a player be the MVP of several high-level summer camps and still be in the 60's in rankings?

Meanwhile Nick Johnson (Arizona commit) does nothing of note and rises to 40?!?

Semi-mock indignation aside...I've never looked forward to a player coming to Xavier more than I have Dez Wells. Except maybe for Gary Harris (cross your fingers)

GoMuskies
08-25-2010, 07:47 AM
Much as the Rivals folks try to deny it, all else being equal the Arizona commit is going to rise in the rankings while the Xavier commit is going to fall. Luckily the rankings don't really mean anything.

Xman95
08-25-2010, 10:11 AM
Wells tears up the summer circuit and somehow drops in the Rivals rankings. I was shocked to see him listed there because all the reports made it sound like his game was taking him to another level, possibly Top 25 level.

Just proves that they are a nice guideline but that a lot of stock should never be put into these lists.

MADXSTER
08-25-2010, 10:43 AM
Since following Wells on twitter I can say this....The guy is totally focused on basketball. He did three a day practices on his own in this summer. All he wants to do is prove people/rankings wrong and is willing to work at a very high level in doing so.

JimmyTwoTimes37
09-28-2010, 03:30 PM
Apologies if this has been posted before.

2:48 is where it starts with Dez
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zO19x24UZhk

MADXSTER
10-13-2010, 08:55 PM
http://wolfpackhoops.blogspot.com/2009/10/harrow-and-leslie-team-up-to-dominate.html

Also on hand was Dezmine Wells (2011 NC State recruit), a big time combo guard who is starting to get the nations attention. Wells is big, strong, and possesses extreme athleticism that has college coaches beginning to line-up at his door. Wells was very impressive in the only game we got to see him play yesterday. We've seen Wells before and are very high on his potential, but on Saturday he showed a new wrinkle to his game. An accurate jumper that was keeping the defense honest. If Wells can keep improving his stroke, he will quickly move up the ranks. He finishes with crushing dunks and rebounds very good for a guy his size. We got to catch up with Dezmine after the showcase and will have the interview up later in the week

xtremefan13
10-13-2010, 09:07 PM
NC State recruit???

CleXU
10-13-2010, 09:19 PM
The article was from 2009.

MADXSTER
10-13-2010, 09:33 PM
At the top of the page it says "Wednesday, October 13, 2010"

At least on mine.
Didn't mean to mislead.

Also Dez's tweet said..... Just found out they have an article on me in SLAM magazine! #blessed !

This is what made me search it out.

GoMuskies
10-13-2010, 09:35 PM
N.C. State is used to coming in second or third for recruits from the area. They consider that a win.

MADXSTER
10-13-2010, 09:39 PM
Looks like I screwed that one up. But the good news is that some kind of article is coming out on Dez soon.

CleXU
10-13-2010, 11:18 PM
ya it was confusing I only figured it out because of the comments after the article... no big deal

Juice
10-14-2010, 07:34 AM
N.C. State is used to coming in second or third for recruits from the area. They consider that a win.

They did get CJ Leslie which was an absolute shocker.

Xman95
10-14-2010, 08:50 AM
NC State recruit???

That article was from 2009 (didn't see a date at the top, but the comments at the bottom had them).

xtremefan13
10-14-2010, 01:04 PM
Ah, I see that now. That confused me pretty bad for a second.

Glad to see all is well with Dez to X!

Kevin Waymire
10-22-2010, 09:29 AM
Per Rodney Ourvis tweet, Wells has 20 points, 9 rebounds, 7 steals and 6 assists against Oak Hill Academy last night. Pretty damn good game against some quality competition. I cannot wait to see him suit up in a Musketeer uniform next year!

boozehound
10-22-2010, 09:40 AM
Thanks for the update. I think that we are all going to enjoy watching Dez play basketball at Xavier. The fact that the 'student' part of 'student athlete' seems to be important to him as well is icing on the cake. What a great get for Xavier!

More Cowbell
10-22-2010, 11:34 AM
Reggie Rankin article about the game:

Dezmine Wells (Garner, N.C./Hargrave)
2011, SF, 6-5, 220 pounds
Wells is built like an NFL tight end and looks to be in terrific shape. He was a physical presence on both ends of the floor, finishing above the rim with power and flare through contact on the break. The future Xavier Musketeer, who finished with 19 points, got into the lane and scored with a soft touch and excellent body control. He also knocked down open mid-range jumpers, made the occasional three and rebounded in traffic.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/basketball/mens/news/story?id=5713983

kyxu
10-22-2010, 12:01 PM
Dez Wells is 6'5 now???

I swear, I've seen that kid listed as anywhere from 6'2 to 6'6.

EDIT: Dez Wells is going to be a superstar, by the way. He is seriously going to roll the A-10.

JimmyTwoTimes37
10-22-2010, 12:03 PM
Guys:

Dezmine had 20pts 9rebs 7 steals 6 asst against Oak Hill last night

Wait for it...Wait for it...

Giggity

JimmyTwoTimes37
10-22-2010, 11:05 PM
Some highlights from last night's Oak Hill Hargrave scrimmage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sQvWSE5sdE

Dez had some nasty dunks

OSUMuskie
10-22-2010, 11:17 PM
That kid is a freakin' specimen, they weren't kidding when saying he had a college-ready body! Can't wait to see him in an X uni! It's enough of a teaser seeing the "coming soon" for his summer mixtape at the end of that vid.

SixFig
10-23-2010, 12:30 AM
Guys:

Dezmine had 20pts 9rebs 7 steals 6 asst against Oak Hill last night

Wait for it...Wait for it...

Giggity

His GPA is bitchin too

xtremefan13
10-23-2010, 03:20 AM
I met all three of our 2011 commits tonight.

Let me tell you Dez is built like a dang tank. The dude looks like a straight football player.

I would say he was around 6'4ish maybe 6'5.

He wanted to compete in the dunk contest tomorrow, we all busted up laughing.

He really like it here and can't wait for next year! The word was also the same from Dee and Jalen.

deepX
10-23-2010, 11:38 AM
[QUOTE=xtremefan13;216891]I met all three of our 2011 commits tonight.

The dude looks like a straight football player.

As opposed to a "non-straight" football player?

:confused: DeepX

xtremefan13
10-23-2010, 02:43 PM
hahah, not like that.

He just looks built like a beast.

Im pretty sure he's straight too, for the record. lol

BandAid
10-23-2010, 03:41 PM
As opposed to a "non-straight" football player?

:confused: DeepX

You mean likeSunshine from Remember theTitans?

http://images.allmoviephoto.com/2000_Remember_the_Titans/kip_pardue_remember_the_titans_002.jpg

xufan02
10-29-2010, 07:44 AM
Another Dez Wells highlight video. This was from a scrimmage recently against Oak Hill Academy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oF3_rkKNLsA

boozehound
10-29-2010, 08:21 AM
Thanks for posting.

Physically, Dez already looks like a college player. It is going to be amazing how strong that kid is going to be after a year or 2 in the XU Strength and Conditioning program.

I also liked seeing him drain a midrange jumpshot while on the move. Dez has some major skills. I wish he was coming in this year!

JimmyTwoTimes37
11-05-2010, 10:15 AM
http://rise.espn.go.com/boys-basketball/articles/2010/11/01-quick-shots.aspx?pursuit=BoysBasketball

"Xavier sent shock waves through the basketball community when news broke it reeled in commitments from D'Vauntes Smith-Rivera, a junior shooting guard at North Central (Indianapolis, Ind.), and Michael Chandler, a senior center at Lawrence North (Indianapolis, Ind.), after its Musketeer Madness event to kickoff the hoops season.

But after Dezmine Wells, a Xavier commit who also attended Musketeer Madness, gave both players his spiel, he had a good feeling the duo would commit.

"The atmosphere was crazy, I let Mike and D’Vauntes knows how it is there,” said Wells, a senior slasher at Hargrave Military Academy (Chatham, Va.). “They made the perfect decision by committing. This 2011 class for Xavier has a chip on its shoulder.

"We're not playing backseat to any other team. So either get down or lay down!"

Ledgewood
11-05-2010, 10:30 AM
http://rise.espn.go.com/boys-basketball/articles/2010/11/01-quick-shots.aspx?pursuit=BoysBasketball

"Xavier sent shock waves through the basketball community when news broke it reeled in commitments from D'Vauntes Smith-Rivera, a junior shooting guard at North Central (Indianapolis, Ind.), and Michael Chandler, a senior center at Lawrence North (Indianapolis, Ind.), after its Musketeer Madness event to kickoff the hoops season.

But after Dezmine Wells, a Xavier commit who also attended Musketeer Madness, gave both players his spiel, he had a good feeling the duo would commit.

"The atmosphere was crazy, I let Mike and D’Vauntes knows how it is there,” said Wells, a senior slasher at Hargrave Military Academy (Chatham, Va.). “They made the perfect decision by committing. This 2011 class for Xavier has a chip on its shoulder.

"We're not playing backseat to any other team. So either get down or lay down!"

I'm very aroused.

American X
11-05-2010, 10:43 AM
Dezmine Wells has become my favorite basketball player not in a Xavier jersey, especially since I saw the below video:

New Video

Good Lord...

He is like an action movie hero who leaves carnage in his wake. I swear he is going to take off limbs with his drives.

JimmyTwoTimes37
11-05-2010, 10:50 AM
Dezmine Wells has become my favorite basketball player not in a Xavier jersey, especially since I saw the below video:

He is like an action movie hero who leaves carnage in his wake. I swear he is going to take off limbs with his drives.

:35-:38 and :51-:53 seconds are my favorite parts of that video.

xudash
11-05-2010, 11:02 AM
He's maken the "X" -- what a great young man to have coming to our great school!

OSUMuskie
11-05-2010, 11:19 AM
:35-:38 and :51-:53 seconds are my favorite parts of that video.

I think I even felt the shockwaves from that block. This kid is so quick, so built, and so athletic it's almost a buzzkill knowing that he won't be suiting up til next season. Still, what a find by Mack & Co!

Xman95
11-05-2010, 11:22 AM
That video is awesome. Dez is like a freight train down the lane. If he develops a consistent outside shot, how will anyone stop that guy?

BBC 08
11-05-2010, 11:37 AM
I'm very aroused.

This.