PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Ta'Shia and Team USA

xu_fan
07-11-2009, 08:43 PM
Ta'Shia Phillips and Team USA won the Gold Medal today in the World University Games. Awesome job representing Xavier Basketball T. Phillips. Were all proud of you!!!

SixFig
07-11-2009, 10:06 PM
She's a future WNBAer for sure, maybe even a top draft pick. Her and Harris are gonna light it up for sure.

JimmyTwoTimes37
07-13-2009, 11:55 AM
The combination of her and Amber should be extremely tough for opponents. This team has the potential of making a big run in the NCAA. No excuses to lose first round in the NCAA again

HomerCecil
07-13-2009, 01:34 PM
Pretty sad that none of this warranted even a blog hit from Shannon Russell on the Enquirer's Web site. I understand that print space is hard to find, but you can't even write up a sentence or two and then link to the USA Basketball site? Piss poor coverage — this is a team of 12 of the top players in NCAA women's basketball.

Blueblob4life
07-14-2009, 09:49 AM
Pretty sad that none of this warranted even a blog hit from Shannon Russell on the Enquirer's Web site. I understand that print space is hard to find, but you can't even write up a sentence or two and then link to the USA Basketball site? Piss poor coverage — this is a team of 12 of the top players in NCAA women's basketball.

I couldn't agree more. Ta'Shia making not only X proud but more importantly, America proud? wtf enquirer? This kind of coverage should have a good half-page (at least) including an interview with her. Ta'Shia and Amber Harris are two of the best players in the country and had Amber not been injured, I would be hard pressed to believe that she wouldn't have been invited for the USA tryouts as well with a really good chance of making the team as well.
The enquirer missed a big chance to give Ta'Shia and X some more publicity, but again, they dropped the ball big time.