PDA

View Full Version : Jeremiah Davis (OFFER)

dto
07-08-2009, 03:19 PM
Position: Combo Guard
High School: Muncie Central High School
Home Town: Muncie, IN
AAU: Indiana Elite
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 195 lbs.

Offers: Cincinnati, Indiana, Kentucky, Purdue, Tennessee, Xavier

Other Interested Schools: Ohio State, Wake Forest

dto
07-08-2009, 03:21 PM
Recruited by Travis Steele

Backcourt AAU teammate of Xavier 2011 Commit Dee Davis

Rivals: http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=2&pr_key=85971

Mentioned second behind Dee Davis in article regarding the It Takes 5ive Classic:
http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=962668

MuskieMark
07-08-2009, 04:38 PM
i was under the impression that the only thing that ever came out of Muncie, IN was an std

Atlas
07-08-2009, 08:45 PM
If we sign Davis and Etherington, we would have signed three guards for 2011. Is that a good or bad thing?

Xman95
07-08-2009, 10:02 PM
If we sign Davis and Etherington, we would have signed three guards for 2011. Is that a good or bad thing?

I would think it's one or the other.

gladdenguy
07-08-2009, 10:10 PM
I wouldn't think we would sign BOTH Etherington and JDavis. But, because next year we are going after mainly 3s and 4s, we do need a plethora of guards and a backup center.

danaandvictory
07-08-2009, 10:16 PM

Good. Crawford and Jackson will be gone by then, our only guards will be Holloway, Lyons, and Redford, two of whom will be seniors.

For better or worse, Sean's recruiting patterns have us in a rotation of bigs and guards. 2010 needs to be a 'bigs' class, 2011 should be a guards class.

Xman95
07-08-2009, 10:35 PM
Good. Crawford and Jackson will be gone by then, our only guards will be Holloway, Lyons, and Redford, two of whom will be seniors.

For better or worse, Sean's recruiting patterns have us in a rotation of bigs and guards. 2010 needs to be a 'bigs' class, 2011 should be a guards class.

You're assuming we don't land a SG in the 2010 class. If we land someone like Oladipo for '10, we'll be fine if we add in Dee Davis and J.Davis or Etherington. I don't think we would necessarily need both. But those are the things Mack and Co. get paid to worry about so, if they think we need both, I hope we get both.

Jumpy
07-09-2009, 06:23 AM

Doesn't Crawford have 3 years remaining, or ar you assuming that he's leaving early?

Lamont Sanford
07-09-2009, 07:14 AM
Doesn't Crawford have 3 years remaining, or ar you assuming that he's leaving early?

Jumpy -

You are correct. Jordan has three years of hoops eligibility left. He will be a Junior academically this Fall. I would love to see him stay all three years, but consensus around here is that won't happen.

danaandvictory
07-09-2009, 07:33 AM

The latter. I'd expect we get two years max from Jordan.

Jumpy
07-09-2009, 09:04 AM
Fair enough. I just think that its way too early to start guessing at a scholarship opening up for a specific class because of a guy leaving early when he has 3 years left. I'm sure Mack will be recruiting over the number of ships available, just in case, but to actually plan on it is a liittle soon.

ud2009
08-04-2009, 07:44 PM
You guys probably might have heard this but I have heard that D. Davis is trying to talk J. Davis into coming to X. As mentioned in an earlier post they play on the same AAU team. D. Davis is coming at him hard to come with him. That has to put Xavier in his top teams.

Here is the bad news. I have also heard that he is begging for a UK offer. (He has not be offered by UK yet as rivals states) Coach Cal is looking at him but has much better options at this point. If UK decides to offer bye bye J. Davis. As much as I hate to say this Cal is going to pretty much get whomever he wants or close to it for awhile.

It sure is hard to compete with the big boys sometimes.

IU is going to be there as well.

JimmyTwoTimes37
08-04-2009, 08:02 PM
You guys probably might have heard this but I have heard that D. Davis is trying to talk J. Davis into coming to X. As mentioned in an earlier post they play on the same AAU team. D. Davis is coming at him hard to come with him. That has to put Xavier in his top teams.

Here is the bad news. I have also heard that he is begging for a UK offer. (He has not be offered by UK yet as rivals states) Coach Cal is looking at him but has much better options at this point. If UK decides to offer bye bye J. Davis. As much as I hate to say this Cal is going to pretty much get whomever he wants or close to it for awhile.

IU is going to be there as well.

You are absolutely correct. He is UK's to lose from what people tell me. But then again, if UK can recruit 3 top 10 (one and done) players every year, then they probably wouldn't feel the need to recruit him. Who knows though...Cal gets pretty much whoever he wants

AviatorX
08-04-2009, 08:10 PM
I'm going to predict IU.

Cincy Muskie
08-04-2009, 08:44 PM

I guess a UD fan would know a thing or two about that.

AviatorX
08-04-2009, 08:59 PM
I guess a UD fan would know a thing or two about that.

Yep, it's hard to compete with the top dogs sometimes. If your definition of sometimes is from the Carter administration until now.

MuskieCinci
08-04-2009, 09:00 PM
Etherington is working on getting Jeremiah to IU now as well I would assume. Etherington just went from a player I would have loved to have on the team to a real thorn in the Musketeer side. I just hope World Wide Wes doesn't start hanging out around the Indiana Speice team because then we know Jeremiah is about to go to UK.

ud2009
08-04-2009, 09:29 PM
Yeah I do know something about that. His name is A. Payne. All UD fans expected him to go to UD. He has been on campus tons of times. Word is he wanted to play close to home so his grandma could attend his games. Gregory was supposed to be in with Payne big time. We have spent a few years on Payne

Then here comes Coach Cal out of nowhere and the next thing you know he is on UK's campus. Pretty much a done deal from what I have heard. He is going to UK. WVU is on him hard late but I believe they are fighting an uphill battle.

This is called reality. I don't care what you hear the majority of big time prospects want to play for big time coaches in big time conferences for big time teams. A few runs in the big dance does not change this.

We have to scratch and claw for what we can get. To me this is the fun of it though. I love being the underdog.

bobbiemcgee
08-04-2009, 10:01 PM
We feel your payne.

xu15
08-05-2009, 08:11 AM
I'm going to predict IU.

I disagree. I believe in D Davis

AviatorX
08-05-2009, 10:32 AM
I disagree. I believe in D Davis

As do I, but weren't there rumors swirling that J. Davis was close to pulling the trigger the same day as Etherington? Plus, we really don't know how close these guys are, considering they are just on the same AAU team.

Madfan
08-05-2009, 12:06 PM
i believe in D. Davis too-but that doesn't mean that JD not commiting to X is a knock against him (Dee). These guys are teammates on an AAU team. Yes they room together and spend time together during the summers, but I would hope that a young man's family would have more of an influence than a summer teammate.

With that said-I don't see JD commiting anytime soon. I could be wrong-but a quick commitment wouldn't be a good thing for X. IMO

xu15
08-05-2009, 01:32 PM
Not what i was trying to say.

I mean that they are a great PG and 2 guard combo and that doesn't hurt.
Just being optimistic and hoping Cal doesn't offer.

gladdenguy
08-05-2009, 03:21 PM
I heard that Cal and his staff were not going to offer Jeremiah.
I still think he ends up at IU with Etherington. No inside information, just my opinion.

More Cowbell
09-25-2009, 08:20 AM
Indy Star update:

http://www.indystar.com/article/20090925/SPORTS0615/909250381/1057/SPORTS02/Bearcats++Davis+trims+list+to++about+six+

MuskieCinci
09-25-2009, 12:33 PM
Jeremiah is someone who I think would fit in really well as a scoring guard next to Dee Davis but I think we are a real long shot to land his services. He wants to be a point guard because he is already thinking ahead to the NBA and we already have Dee. I also just get the feeling he wants to go to a really big state school.

MADXSTER
09-26-2009, 11:09 AM
Dee Davis isn't going to be playing 40 min per game. There would be some playing time at the PG position. It could be the best of both worlds for JD.

SixFig
09-26-2009, 08:37 PM
Dee Davis isn't going to be playing 40 min per game. There would be some playing time at the PG position. It could be the best of both worlds for JD.

Yeah but his freshman year Davis will be behind Holloway and his sophomore behind Lyons.

To me thats leaves minimal time for J. Davis

shock3
01-09-2010, 01:03 AM
J. Davis definitely could play the SG position, but definitely is more of a pg. He likes to have the ball in his hands

Madfan
01-14-2010, 07:27 AM
I was told by a reliable source that X was no longer interested in JD. Even to the point that he asked what time Musketeer Madness started and was told not to worry about coming. I have seen JD play numerous times and his is very athletic. However he is the type of player that needs to work on his basketball IQ and reducing his turnovers. Teague's decision will affect JD's decision also. They both want to be the big fish wherever they go. They played together one season of AAU and their relationship is dicey at best. Good luck to him wherever he goes.

Xman95
01-14-2010, 09:42 AM
definitely is more of a pg. He likes to have the ball in his hands

Does that mean Mick Cronin was a PG too?!?

waggy
01-14-2010, 01:48 PM
was told not to worry about coming.

That seems more than a little out of character for X coaches.

bobbiemcgee
01-14-2010, 01:56 PM
That seems more than a little out of character for X coaches.

Why would Steele recruit him to later blow him off? He already has an offer, and if we got a scholly, why not? Guards can get hurt.

MADXSTER
01-14-2010, 02:12 PM
Can't see Xavier saying don't bother coming to our MM. Xavier has probably stopped recruiting him after getting a verbals from Dez Wells and Dee Davis. My take is Xavier is probably going after a small forward type player.

X-man
01-15-2010, 05:03 AM
Can't see Xavier saying don't bother coming to our MM. Xavier has probably stopped recruiting him after getting a verbals from Dez Wells and Dee Davis. My take is Xavier is probably going after a small forward type player.

My hope is that we are going after a true post player. None of next year's incoming class would appear to have the size to be such a player. And Mr Frease will be a senior in the 2011-1012 year.

muskie12
01-16-2010, 10:04 PM
I saw him at the Dayton game with Dee Davis sitting in the corner. Im guessing he had to be impressed...

shock3
01-16-2010, 10:26 PM
I saw him at the Dayton game with Dee Davis sitting in the corner. Im guessing he had to be impressed...

I saw him play tonight and he was less than impressive. Didn't play much...not because of injury. When he did play he didn't do much. He was way off on 2 3pt attempts and had a couple of turnovers. I think he finished with 4 points.

Woodburn
04-26-2010, 09:21 AM
This article is a bit vague, but it seems like we're still recruiting him. See http://www.indystar.com/article/20100426/SPORTS0203/4260334/1361/SPORTS0615/Muncie-Central-s-Davis-is-a-star-on-the-rise

whitesox
04-26-2010, 10:34 AM
From what I've heard, it sounds like we are still in the mix, but Indiana is probably a pretty strong favorite at this point.

smileyy
04-26-2010, 12:42 PM
If Michigan State makes me an offer, I say yes.

moepvc04
05-20-2010, 11:30 AM
Seems like we have cooled of off Jeremiah. I read this on a pay-site so I will give a summary, but he said that he likes Coach Steele and Chris Mack, and Dee Davis going there is a positive. But he also adds, "I haven't really talked to them like that". He mentions some other schools that seem to be recruiting him a lot harder, specifically UC who just signed his good friend Khristian Smith.

xu95
05-20-2010, 11:34 AM
Jeremiah wants to play point in college. That is never going to happen with Dee on the roster. I think Xavier pretty much cooled off on him the moment Dee committed.

xu95

gladdenguy
05-20-2010, 12:13 PM
Seems like we have cooled of off Jeremiah. I read this on a pay-site so I will give a summary, but he said that he likes Coach Steele and Chris Mack, and Dee Davis going there is a positive. But he also adds, "I haven't really talked to them like that". He mentions some other schools that seem to be recruiting him a lot harder, specifically UC who just signed his good friend Khristian Smith.

FYI...............UC will never be able to pull Jeremiah Davis.

???
05-23-2010, 09:43 PM
FYI...............UC will never be able to pull Jeremiah Davis.

What does that even mean? It is an "FYI" about a college recruit that says UC could not get Davis but he mentions how he likes them and considers them at the top of his list with IU, Mich St, UT and Purdue along with schools like XU, OSU and Purdue , UNLV interested in him. UC gets plenty of talent and always have. Is it because he is talented or another reason? He has a very good friend that is going to UC and he seems to really like UC considering his comments and the fact that he makes several unofficial visits to there and IU last season. Some without calling the coaches until he was in town. .

I would like to know the reasoning behind your statement. Maybe you know Davis and have gotten him to tell you information that he does not say in interviews. It is just way off target with the reality of the situation considering what he says and has done during the recruiting process.

sash19
05-24-2010, 09:05 AM
What does that even mean? It is an "FYI" about a college recruit that says UC could not get Davis but he mentions how he likes them and considers them at the top of his list with IU, Mich St, UT and Purdue along with schools like XU, OSU and Purdue , UNLV interested in him. UC gets plenty of talent and always have. Is it because he is talented or another reason? He has a very good friend that is going to UC and he seems to really like UC considering his comments and the fact that he makes several unofficial visits to there and IU last season. Some without calling the coaches until he was in town. .

I would like to know the reasoning behind your statement. Maybe you know Davis and have gotten him to tell you information that he does not say in interviews. It is just way off target with the reality of the situation considering what he says and has done during the recruiting process.

Given everything that Jeremiah has said (and its not a ton), he likes Michigan State and IU the most. Many in the state of Indiana feel he will be a Hoosier since he is looking for playing time right away. UC wont land him mainly because they are not #1 or #2 for him and he wont have to go past #2 in terms of picking his future college.

shock3
05-25-2010, 06:58 PM
IU doesn't have the scholarship for him right now. I believe they can take one more other than Etherington since you can oversign by one. They need people to transfer in order to have spots for all the people they currently are going after.

DoubleD86
05-26-2010, 12:49 AM
IU doesn't have the scholarship for him right now. I believe they can take one more other than Etherington since you can oversign by one. They need people to transfer in order to have spots for all the people they currently are going after.

They have three seniors that will be replaced by their three man class this year. Then they will have two seniors next year with only Etherington committed. They should have one scholarship open for Davis (not to mention the one "oversign" scholarship as well). I think right now they do have room for Jeremiah.

Title_BU
05-26-2010, 08:46 PM
Nope, they are full for next school year.

whitesox
05-27-2010, 07:22 AM
Nope, they are full for next school year.

This is correct. As of right they, they can use the 1 oversign, but people will have to transfer before they can sign more than 1 additional player.

DoubleD86
05-27-2010, 06:59 PM
Can you explain to me how? Not saying you are wrong, just don't see it on the roster. There are two juniors are there not? And only Etherington committed for 2011 class right?

Where am I going wrong?

xunorm
05-27-2010, 07:07 PM
Double, you are right; IU used to have Carlino committed, but he graduated early to go play at UCLA. IU has one schollie left for '11, plus 1 to oversign.

Title_BU
05-28-2010, 03:41 PM
When they GMM's commitment, that filled their allotment of 13 for 11/12.