PDA

View Full Version : Lunch with Majerus

D-West & PO-Z
06-18-2009, 07:01 PM
So I have a certificate that my buddy won in a golf tournament last year that gets me two tickets to a Billikens game and lunch with Majerus. I am going to email his assistant, who by the way is a hot chick who played basketball here at SLU and is the sister of Travis Diener. She also subleased my old apartment from me one summer. Anyway I am going to email here to find out when I can do the lunch because I figure Majerus would rather not do it in season. Anyway it should be an interesting lunch. I have had a couple of conversations with Majerus in the past including one longer one where he sat down with me and some buddies at a restaurant near campus and bought us a couple beers. He is a funny guy but also weird and everyone knows the stories. Whenever it happens I'll fill you guys in with how it went.

danaandvictory
06-18-2009, 07:37 PM
Proposed questions:

1. Do you feel that SLU and the Atlantic 10 are a marriage of convenience, as many believe, and that the Billikens are a better fit in the Valley?

2. Why are you eating my fries?

xeus
06-18-2009, 07:37 PM
I'd be careful around him when there's food involved. I've seen him snatch a fried turkey leg right from someone's hand. He's a like a bear just out of hibernation.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d76/ghettoclique000/fat_bastard.jpg

D-West & PO-Z
06-18-2009, 07:40 PM
Proposed questions:

1. Do you feel that SLU and the Atlantic 10 are a marriage of convenience, as many believe, and that the Billikens are a better fit in the Valley?

2. Why are you eating my fries?

Haha. I like it. Both great questions.

Anyone else have more questions they think I should ask?

Juice
06-18-2009, 07:49 PM
Q: When's the last time you have seen your dick?

STL_XUfan
06-18-2009, 08:03 PM
Have you noticed an immediate effect of the new arena on recruiting?

Can you use your ESPN connections to get a little more A-10 coverage on ESPN?

Has your return to coaching been what you thought it would be/ looking back on your decision, has it lived up to your expectations?

Thoughts on the changes the new A-10 Commish has made and do you think the conference is moving in the right or wrong direction?

Thoughts on former archbishop Burke?

...... ummm maybe you should leave that last one off

D-West & PO-Z
06-18-2009, 08:10 PM
Have you noticed an immediate effect of the new arena on recruiting?

Can you use your ESPN connections to get a little more A-10 coverage on ESPN?

Has your return to coaching been what you thought it would be/ looking back on your decision, has it lived up to your expectations?

Thoughts on the changes the new A-10 Commish has made and do you think the conference is moving in the right or wrong direction?

Thoughts on former archbishop Burke?

...... ummm maybe you should leave that last one off

Haha from my interactions with him in the past I think he would have no problem telling me how he felt. That would maybe be his favorite question.

GoMuskies
06-18-2009, 08:16 PM
I would ask him to wear pants at all times. Apparently that's not a given with him.

D-West & PO-Z
06-18-2009, 08:19 PM
I would ask him to wear pants at all times. Apparently that's not a given with him.

Made me laugh out loud.

You guys are doing a great job so far.

(Wont let me rep you though)

XU05and07
06-18-2009, 08:31 PM
Do you feel responsible for the problems at USC?

xu 89
06-18-2009, 08:44 PM
juice....that is fricken hysterical.

GuyFawkes38
06-18-2009, 09:18 PM
I'd be real interested on what his thoughts of the A10 are.

XURunner85
06-18-2009, 09:36 PM
I can see this lunch, Majerus will be saying to you..."Get in my belly"

ballyhoohoo
06-19-2009, 06:51 AM
What is your cholesteral number?

What size pants do you wear?

We cannot seem to get rid of Fordham and St Bonnie, would you mins eating their campuses so that we just forget about them?

DC Muskie
06-19-2009, 07:01 AM
I would ask him how in the world did you ever get Utah to the Championship game?

Seriously...Utah.

XUglow
06-19-2009, 08:10 AM
Ask him if you are in any danger if one of his shirt buttons pops.

JustAFan
06-19-2009, 08:17 AM
I saw the headline and thought: If you're meeting Majerus for lunch, do you get to eat yours? and will he be able to talk? then I read your post. pretty cool, enjoy.

ballyhoohoo
06-19-2009, 08:22 AM
Ask him if you are in any danger if one of his shirt buttons pops.

I would wear eye protection

Pablo's Brother
06-19-2009, 08:54 AM
Does everyone at ESPN, the A-10, & Utah despise UD as much as us?

Jumpy
06-19-2009, 09:01 AM

This would be my biggest concern. Just make sure you don't order a hot dog. It may be too tempting for him to pass on pulling a nasty little prank on you.

ballyhoohoo
06-19-2009, 09:01 AM
Rick, we know you like to eat, we know you have questionable heygeine, we know you are digusting, but would you eat a watermelon after the Dayton Flyers got done with it?

ChrisFarley
06-19-2009, 09:52 AM
So I have a certificate that my buddy won in a golf tournament last year that gets me two tickets to a Billikens game and lunch with Majerus. I am going to email his assistant, who by the way is a hot chick who played basketball here at SLU and is the sister of Travis Diener. She also subleased my old apartment from me one summer. Anyway I am going to email here to find out when I can do the lunch because I figure Majerus would rather not do it in season. Anyway it should be an interesting lunch. I have had a couple of conversations with Majerus in the past including one longer one where he sat down with me and some buddies at a restaurant near campus and bought us a couple beers. He is a funny guy but also weird and everyone knows the stories. Whenever it happens I'll fill you guys in with how it went.

Better get to the lunch buffet line early and fast before Majerus gets there.....

GuyFawkes38
06-19-2009, 10:00 AM
Ha, when Dwest started this thread I thought there would be some fat jokes. But I wasn't expecting it would be about 80% of the replies.

Dwest, I don't know if it's possible to work this in there, but I would love to get a response on the SI piece.

ballyhoohoo
06-19-2009, 10:09 AM

be carful to not be sucked in by his gravitational pull