PDA

View Full Version : Griffin McKenzie (COMMIT XAVIER)

Pages : [1] 2

Muskie
05-18-2008, 12:08 PM
Position: PF
High School: Moeller High School
Home Town: Cincinnati, OH
Number: TBD
Height: 6'8
Weight: 205

Offers:

Interested Schools:
Xavier, Cincinnati, Dayton, Indiana, Notre Dame, West Virginia, Butler

More Cowbell
06-04-2009, 08:28 AM
Anyone know how much Xavier is recruiting Griffen McKenzie? We have had success in the past with Moeller grads.

joe titan
06-22-2009, 01:40 PM
he missed virtually all last season w/ injury; think Brackman & like prototype GCL ballers is not shy around contact; not as slow as Duncan but comparable speed

therick44
07-07-2009, 11:06 PM
McKenzie really helped his stock with the way he's playing in the Adidas Take 5ive.

He is looking fully healthy finally and with it has come some aggressiveness and confidence.

I know there are some big time coaching staffs going to war over whether to offer this guy or not.

X Factor
07-07-2009, 11:16 PM
Where do you get all your information? You seem to know a lot about recruiting. I'm not questioning your info, because you give great updates. I enjoy them. I just ask because it looks like you just joined the board last month, but have given some good insight into Xavier recruiting.

ThePowerOfX
07-08-2009, 12:11 AM
I was wondering the same thing, but I really enjoy all the insight, you seem very up to date with the HS basketball scene

Lamont Sanford
07-08-2009, 07:28 AM
therick44 -

Keep up the fantastic insight on recruits! I read all your stuff and it is great!

Please continue the recruit info sharing.

danaandvictory
07-08-2009, 08:00 AM
Enquirer reporting that Griffin received offers from XU, UC, Tennessee, and Wake Forest this weekend. He's already been offered by most of the MAC.

I haven't even seen any speculation on what schools he favors.

therick44
07-09-2009, 06:24 PM
I actually do some freelance writing for some of the Rivals' sites. I wish I was helping BSnow and Musketeer Scoop but I am not and quite frankly Brian doesn't need it.

I write full time for the local high school sports, but I'm really interested in the recruiting side of things.

I've been out on the recruiting trail all spring so I'm pretty familiar with a lot of these kids. I hope noone sees it as trying to big time anyone or that I know it all. I'm just simply trying to pass on some of the information and thoughts that I've had while on the circuit.

therick44
07-09-2009, 06:24 PM
He was ready to commit to Butler, but now he's holding off after the influx of offers.

They expect offers from Northwestern and Stanford by the weekend.

MFurey
07-09-2009, 07:14 PM
I actually do some freelance writing for some of the Rivals' sites. I wish I was helping BSnow and Musketeer Scoop but I am not and quite frankly Brian doesn't need it.

I write full time for the local high school sports, but I'm really interested in the recruiting side of things.

I've been out on the recruiting trail all spring so I'm pretty familiar with a lot of these kids. I hope noone sees it as trying to big time anyone or that I know it all. I'm just simply trying to pass on some of the information and thoughts that I've had while on the circuit.

Good to have you around therick!

Always good to have some inside knowlegde on recruiting

AviatorX
07-09-2009, 07:20 PM

Anything for queencityhigh.com out of curiosity?

therick44
07-09-2009, 08:27 PM
Anything for queencityhigh.com out of curiosity?

Yeah I do write for QCH for the high school stuff.

Cincy Muskie
07-09-2009, 08:40 PM
rick44 thanks for the insights. I like the idea of a face up, skilled 4 on the floor for the Musketeers. Duncan, Doellman, Brown quickly come to mind as guys who could extend the court and create mismatch problems for other teams in XU's recent past. Judging by his recent offers and possibility of others yet forthcoming, Griffen would be a nice player to have for 2010.

therick44
07-09-2009, 09:14 PM
rick44 thanks for the insights. I like the idea of a face up, skilled 4 on the floor for the Musketeers. Duncan, Doellman, Brown quickly come to mind as guys who could extend the court and create mismatch problems for other teams in XU's recent past. Judging by his recent offers and possibility of others yet forthcoming, Griffen would be a nice player to have for 2010.

Definitely more Duncan and Doellman than Brown. He is not close to being that athletic, but he is sort of sneaky athletic. If he can continue to improve on his post moves and use the aggressiveness he showed during this week at the take 5ive then I think he could be pretty good in college.

Cincy Muskie
07-10-2009, 06:16 AM
In regards to DBrown, ect; the real point is having a '4' who can make three point shots. It appears Griffen has that ability. In terms of being able to run the floor and be a high riser like #5 that would be icing on the cake. Hopefully Griffen continues his strong play and development throughout the summer. I would like a 2010 class that would include Jordan Latham, Griffen, and Jamail Jones.

therick44
07-10-2009, 01:09 PM
In regards to DBrown, ect; the real point is having a '4' who can make three point shots. It appears Griffen has that ability. In terms of being able to run the floor and be a high riser like #5 that would be icing on the cake. Hopefully Griffen continues his strong play and development throughout the summer. I would like a 2010 class that would include Jordan Latham, Griffen, and Jamail Jones.

Gotcha... Jamail Jones would be the biggest get out of those in my opinion. Of course he's the one I've seen the least of also... I'm hoping to get to see him some more in the very near future.

therick44
07-13-2009, 01:40 AM
McKenzie got an offer from Providence on Friday.

therick44
07-14-2009, 11:15 AM
McKenzie also received that Northwestern offer.

LyonsIsFlyin
07-14-2009, 01:29 PM
Has he mentioned what his time table might be to make a commitment? I'm sure with all of these new offers he'll want to take some visits so you thinking sometime right before his senior season starts?

Juice
07-14-2009, 02:13 PM
McKenzie also received that Northwestern offer.

Oooooooo Mr. Smarty Pants

therick44
07-14-2009, 10:51 PM
Oooooooo Mr. Smarty Pants

??? I was just saying that he picked up another offer... sorry.

therick44
07-14-2009, 10:52 PM
Has he mentioned what his time table might be to make a commitment? I'm sure with all of these new offers he'll want to take some visits so you thinking sometime right before his senior season starts?

No as far as I know there's really no timetable on his commitment now. It could be any time though... I don't think the new offers means he has to wait awhile. As I mentioned, he was all set to commit to Butler before the Take 5ive and all the new offers came in so...To answer your question no I don't think he knows at this point.

AviatorX
07-14-2009, 10:59 PM

I think he meant the idea of him going to Northwestern, an academically-oriented school.

therick44
07-14-2009, 11:01 PM
I think he meant the idea of him going to Northwestern, an academically-oriented school.

Oh haha ... Sorry I'm an idiot. I didn't pick up on that.

Juice
07-15-2009, 07:53 AM

Sorry bad joke. I was just making fun of his offer from Northwestern implying that the kid was smart.

It was not meant to make fun of you. You have brought a lot of good recruiting info to this board and I appreciate it. Sorry for that.

Muskie1995
07-15-2009, 07:56 AM
No as far as I know there's really no timetable on his commitment now. It could be any time though... I don't think the new offers means he has to wait awhile. As I mentioned, he was all set to commit to Butler before the Take 5ive and all the new offers came in so...To answer your question no I don't think he knows at this point.

Rumor has it Griff had a VERY good showing in Indy. I would anticipate that more high major offers will follow if he keeps up his performance.

If you do a piece for Queen City High on Griff can you link it on here?

And any way we can get you to convince him to come to Xavier? ;)

Juice
07-15-2009, 11:15 AM
Small write up in the Indystar.

http://blogs.indystar.com/recruitingcentral/2009/07/offers-rolling.html

therick44
07-15-2009, 12:02 PM
Sorry bad joke. I was just making fun of his offer from Northwestern implying that the kid was smart.

It was not meant to make fun of you. You have brought a lot of good recruiting info to this board and I appreciate it. Sorry for that.

Haha No... Sorry. I promise I usually have a better sense of humor. That one just went completely over my head. Sorry for being a dousche.

therick44
07-15-2009, 12:05 PM
Rumor has it Griff had a VERY good showing in Indy. I would anticipate that more high major offers will follow if he keeps up his performance.

If you do a piece for Queen City High on Griff can you link it on here?

And any way we can get you to convince him to come to Xavier? ;)

Haha... I'm not sure but I think that might be frowned upon.

If I do a piece on him though I will most certainly link it.

Muskie1995
07-16-2009, 10:28 AM
Here's recent video of Griff in action: http://www.xavier.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=965454

Looks like a kid that we definitely can use. Similiar to Justin Dolleman in build but not as skilled from the ballhandling or passing abilities; but he's a better shooter than Dolleman.

therick44
07-16-2009, 03:29 PM
Here's recent video of Griff in action: http://www.xavier.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=965454

Looks like a kid that we definitely can use. Similiar to Justin Dolleman in build but not as skilled from the ballhandling or passing abilities; but he's a better shooter than Dolleman.

I don't know that I'd say he's a better shooter than Doellman. Doellman was a pretty damn good shooter. I'd say he's tougher inside than Doellman was though.

kdawg23
07-16-2009, 04:19 PM
Add Ohio State and Vanderbilt to the list of offers.

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=blog06&plckController=Blog&plckScript=blogScript&plckElementId=blogDest&plckBlogPage=BlogViewPost&plckPostId=Blog%3ade3ab7e7-5e43-4e32-8612-155786b59a09Post%3a2924b5e7-974c-4980-81a0-d1f9ed199bda&sid=sitelife.cincinnati.com

BandAid
07-16-2009, 04:48 PM
Judging by the list of offers he is accumulating I'm going to guess he is superior to Doellman. (At least as a recruit)

SixFig
07-16-2009, 05:16 PM
Oh no Ohio State is recruiting him! What will we ever do?!

MuskieCinci
07-16-2009, 09:49 PM
I wonder if this is going to turn into a first come first serve between McKenzie and Spoon between Xavier and OSU. The first to commit to one school means the other one will probably commit to the other school. I would love either one of them so I think it would make a pretty fair trade.

kyxu
07-17-2009, 07:06 AM
I wonder if this is going to turn into a first come first serve between McKenzie and Spoon between Xavier and OSU. The first to commit to one school means the other one will probably commit to the other school. I would love either one of them so I think it would make a pretty fair trade.

I think that's a fair assessment. I like JD Weatherspoon and think he has a tremendous future as a basketball player, but his decision might be made for him if he doesn't make one soon.

Xman95
07-17-2009, 08:04 AM
I think that's a fair assessment. I like JD Weatherspoon and think he has a tremendous future as a basketball player, but his decision might be made for him if he doesn't make one soon.

Maybe that's what he's hoping for.

X Factor
07-17-2009, 11:04 AM
I haven't seen Griffin play but from what I've read he has been tearing it up this summer now that he's healthy.

Would he compare favorably to Butler's Matt Howard? He was one that got away and if we could land a big man with those skills, I would love it.

xsteve1
07-17-2009, 03:14 PM
I haven't seen Griffin play but from what I've read he has been tearing it up this summer now that he's healthy.

Would he compare favorably to Butler's Matt Howard? He was one that got away and if we could land a big man with those skills, I would love it.

Howard seems to be a pretty good comparison.
Mckenzie seems to be a better 3 point shooter though. Supposedly a better shooter and rebounder than Doellman but not as athletic.

therick44
07-17-2009, 03:47 PM
Howard seems to be a pretty good comparison.
Mckenzie seems to be a better 3 point shooter though. Supposedly a better shooter and rebounder than Doellman but not as athletic.

Really? See I've felt the opposite. I thought he's similar to Doellman but not quite as skilled as far as shooting and dribbling but a little more aggressive/athletic inside. Not saying you are wrong though... That's just the impressions I've got while watching him play.

Atlas
07-18-2009, 02:28 PM
Add Ohio State and Vanderbilt to the list of offers.

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=blog06&plckController=Blog&plckScript=blogScript&plckElementId=blogDest&plckBlogPage=BlogViewPost&plckPostId=Blog%3ade3ab7e7-5e43-4e32-8612-155786b59a09Post%3a2924b5e7-974c-4980-81a0-d1f9ed199bda&sid=sitelife.cincinnati.com

And Harvard looks to be in pursuit too :D

joe titan
07-18-2009, 09:19 PM
not nearly the mobility or shooter as Matt Howard; best comparable IMO is Andrew Brackman.. Griff may develop as a shooter but 3 pint range is a real stretch. VERY PHYSICAL

therick44
07-19-2009, 01:41 AM
not nearly the mobility or shooter as Matt Howard; best comparable IMO is Andrew Brackman.. Griff may develop as a shooter but 3 pint range is a real stretch. VERY PHYSICAL

IMO this is dead on... 100%

danaandvictory
07-19-2009, 02:22 AM
I think Griff is our guy. In my opinion, I'd rather him than Spoon.

(Moeller '98)

therick44
07-19-2009, 02:40 AM
I think Griff is our guy. In my opinion, I'd rather him than Spoon.

(Moeller '98)

As would I... But honestly that's not sayin much.

AdamtheFlyer
07-19-2009, 12:55 PM
Are you really that low on Spoon, Rick? I mean, he definitely needs a lot of work, but you can't teach what he has. I'd take him over Griff every day of the week.

As far as McKenzie, I'm not low on him, but I'm not real high on him either. I don't see him being more than a decent role player for a higher level program, and he might not do much of anything for a couple of years. I think people want him to be a Doellman or a Matt Sylvester, but I just don't think he has it.

X Factor
07-19-2009, 01:29 PM
Are you really that low on Spoon, Rick? I mean, he definitely needs a lot of work, but you can't teach what he has. I'd take him over Griff every day of the week.

As far as McKenzie, I'm not low on him, but I'm not real high on him either. I don't see him being more than a decent role player for a higher level program, and he might not do much of anything for a couple of years. I think people want him to be a Doellman or a Matt Sylvester, but I just don't think he has it.

I don't know if I've ever seen a kid dunk it with such ease as JD, especially at 6'6. He just explodes off the ground. IF he works hard to develop his jumpshot, he could be special.

According to Rivals, in 2002, Doellman had offers from Xavier, Western KY, and Buffalo.

McKenzie has offers from X, Wake, OSU, Tennessee, Vandy, Providence, and Northwestern.

Obviously Griffin's offer list is pretty impressive.

If you don't think Griffin is going to be much more than a decent role player, what do you think Kavanaugh is going to be?

When Rivals updates their 2010 Top 150, Grffin will most likely be a Top 100 4 star player.

Runningman
07-19-2009, 01:58 PM
I really don't think Doellman ever exploded at an AAU tournament like McKenzie just did in front of some of the nation's top coaches so comparing their offering list as a means of comparision isn't all that fair.

I really hope we are able to pick up either JD or McKenzie. It would be a real bad day if say JD chooses OSU and McKenzie goes with Wake.

kyxu
07-19-2009, 04:41 PM
If you don't think Griffin is going to be much more than a decent role player, what do you think Kavanaugh is going to be?

Touche

(extra words)

xuphan
07-23-2009, 08:28 AM
Update on Griffen from Jody Demling's Blog

There is a big-time love going on with college coaches and Cincinnati Moeller senior forward Griffin McKenzie. The 6-foot-9 McKenzie is a power forward who can stick the three-pointer - hitting three in a five-minute span tonight. Word on the street is that he'll be hard to keep away from Xavier, but Wake Forest, Indiana and Ohio State still have a shot with Tennessee and several others trying to get in the mix.

http://www.courier-journal.com/blogs/demling/blog.html

danaandvictory
07-23-2009, 08:43 AM
Can someone change the thread title so the kid's name is spelled right?

Xman95
07-23-2009, 09:01 AM
The 6-foot-9 McKenzie is a power forward who can stick the three-pointer - hitting three in a five-minute span tonight. Word on the street is that he'll be hard to keep away from Xavier, but Wake Forest, Indiana and Ohio State still have a shot with Tennessee and several others trying to get in the mix.

Getting a PF who can shoot from long-range would be very nice. Hopefully the kid can stay healthy and continue improving. Seems like he's a player the big time programs have really been interested in when he's not injured (X, WF, IU, OSU, UT...that's an impressive list).

SixFig
07-23-2009, 11:23 AM
Word on the street is that he'll be hard to keep away from Xavier

That phrase has come out quite a bit lately...I believe it was applied to Austin Etherington (sp) as well. Chris Mack's first 100 days could not have gone better.

Murph85
07-23-2009, 11:36 AM
Landing one of these two would restore my confidence that the program is still headed up like a plane taking off.

xavierj
07-23-2009, 12:11 PM
In my opinion the 2011 class will be the best Xavier has ever put together. Xavier will be Xavier for quite a while.

bobbiemcgee
07-23-2009, 12:16 PM
In my opinion the 2011 class will be the best Xavier has ever put together. Xavier will be Xavier for quite a while.

You mean too many great players want to come to X? What WILL WE DO?

PMI
07-23-2009, 02:24 PM
Landing one of these two would restore my confidence that the program is still headed up like a plane taking off.

I think you are a little too paranoid about it. I understand the concern after losing a great coach, but the concern really should have NOTHING to do with recruiting. We have not taken a step back in recruiting and have in fact seemingly taken a step forward. Have you read about D Davis yet? If you need your confidence restored, wait until the season when you see Mack coach because there has so far been no indication that the plane is going anywhere but up when it comes to recruiting.

Juice
07-23-2009, 02:34 PM
I think you are a little too paranoid about it. I understand the concern after losing a great coach, but the concern really should have NOTHING to do with recruiting. We have not taken a step back in recruiting and have in fact seemingly taken a step forward. Have you read about D Davis yet? If you need your confidence restored, wait until the season when you see Mack coach because there has so far been no indication that the plane is going anywhere but up when it comes to recruiting.

Agreed. The only step back X has taken was for the 09 class (Parrom and possibly Kyryl) which is to be expected with any program that loses a coach. I have more confidence in the recruiting realm with the current staff than the old one. They have all their important regions covered in Indiana (Steele), the Southeast (Kelsey) and northeast (Bino).

MHettel
07-23-2009, 06:13 PM
But we picked up the kid from Purdue to take Parroms spot. Who knows how that will work out in the end, but on paper, it looks to be a pretty even swap (similar talent and potential, yet dissimilar games).

JD is the last piece, and it sounds like we are still in the mix, or have other similarly good options.

Dont discount that DBrown just might have come back if Miller had stayed...

AviatorX
07-23-2009, 06:18 PM
I think Derrick had his mind made up that he was going to go for the league before the season even started.

Xman95
07-23-2009, 07:42 PM

Not to be mean, but maybe you should crawl back in your hole. You've posted a couple times that they need to restore your confidence. Have you never heard of Jordan Latham or Dee Davis? If locking up Davis, a 2011 kid, didn't show you what these guys can do, I don't think it would matter if the were able to bring in Larry Bird, Magic Johnson and Michael Jordan. You would still be looking for them to do something to restore your confidence.

PMI
07-23-2009, 08:05 PM
MJ still has a couple years of eligibility and Pat Kelsey has Carolina ties. Just sayin'...

Xman95
07-23-2009, 08:39 PM
MJ still has a couple years of eligibility and Pat Kelsey has Carolina ties. Just sayin'...

But did that Jordan ever dunk on LeBron James?!?:)

A10fan
08-06-2009, 07:01 AM
I guess McKenzie is down to X,WF,Vandy, and Northwestern. Hopefully the kid wants to stay closer to home and play meaningful NCAA tourny games.

Runningman
08-06-2009, 07:57 AM
Griffen is taking an unofficial to XU Friday. IMO I do not think he will commit considering he has plans to visits schools mentioned above. But, you never know with these kids....

Xman95
08-06-2009, 12:05 PM
Is anyone else concerned that we'll be too heavy at PF and too thin at SF/C? If Griff picks X, he'll join McLean, Latham and Robinson next year. But we'll have Frease as our only legit C and the SF spot will be a mix of Crawford (assuming he's back), Dante and Walsh, although Crawford and Walsh both seem better suited for the SG spot - with B-Rad there too. I suppose the remaining 'ship could go to a SF/C, but one of the positions is going to be lacking.

I guess if McKenzie is as good as recent reports claim, it's tough to pass on him. But wouldn't it be better to address the SF/C spots for next year and worry about adding another PF in 2011 (a player who would be a freshman with JR-Robinson and SO-Latham)?

AviatorX
08-06-2009, 12:17 PM
Is anyone else concerned that we'll be too heavy at PF and too thin at SF/C? If Griff picks X, he'll join McLean, Latham and Robinson next year. But we'll have Frease as our only legit C and the SF spot will be a mix of Crawford (assuming he's back), Dante and Walsh, although Crawford and Walsh both seem better suited for the SG spot - with B-Rad there too. I suppose the remaining 'ship could go to a SF/C, but one of the positions is going to be lacking.

I guess if McKenzie is as good as recent reports claim, it's tough to pass on him. But wouldn't it be better to address the SF/C spots for next year and worry about adding another PF in 2011 (a player who would be a freshman with JR-Robinson and SO-Latham)?

That's why the last scholarship (or maybe 2) will go to a wing like Jones, Martin, or Canty...if I'm reading your post correctly.

Also, I think Latham may be cut out for the Center position.

Juice
08-06-2009, 12:31 PM

Your concern makes sense but in the college game I think you can get by and sometimes even excel with two PF types as long as they play tough defense and can score down low. Not many teams have true centers anymore. Players like Frease are more of the exception than the rule in my opinion.

ballyhoohoo
08-06-2009, 12:39 PM
That's why the last scholarship (or maybe 2) will go to a wing like Jones, Martin, or Canty...if I'm reading your post correctly.

I think you are right, I have heard Latham is a 4/5, and Robsinson is a 4/3.

Xman95
08-06-2009, 12:55 PM
You guys could be correct. I guess D.West did ok in the post and he wasn't a giant. Maybe I just got spoiled by watching Frease last season (oh, and Adam Simons previously).

Jumpy
08-06-2009, 05:32 PM
You guys could be correct. I guess D.West did ok in the post and he wasn't a giant. Maybe I just got spoiled by watching Frease last season (oh, and Adam Simons previously).

You're memory is better than mine if you can remember any of Simons' 12 minutes on the floor in a X uni.

Xman95
08-06-2009, 06:23 PM
You're memory is better than mine if you can remember any of Simons' 12 minutes on the floor in a X uni.

What's funny about Simons is we brought him in, at 6'10" - 7'0", and knew he would just be a practice guy. But if he went to Dayton he would have been their big, white stiff starting in the paint. Wait, I think he's actually playing for UD. Only he now goes by the name Kurt Huelsman.

AviatorX
08-06-2009, 06:37 PM
What's funny about Simons is we brought him in, at 6'10" - 7'0", and knew he would just be a practice guy. But if he went to Dayton he would have been their big, white stiff starting in the paint. Wait, I think he's actually playing for UD. Only he now goes by the name Kurt Huelsman.

How could you tarnish Simons like that? Dude had a stroke from distance. I don't think Huelsman has made a jump shot his entire career (including elementary school leagues).

gladdenguy
08-06-2009, 07:31 PM

Or they could take Jones AND Canty/Martin. It is not out of the question for XU to take 4 this year.

More Cowbell
08-07-2009, 08:11 AM
Always like hearing Xavier called a high-major.

http://www.thestarpress.com/article/20090807/SPORTS2002/908070330

ballyhoohoo
08-07-2009, 08:38 AM
Always like hearing Xavier called a high-major.

http://www.thestarpress.com/article/20090807/SPORTS2002/908070330

I love it also, but the media in Muncie is not the most credible. I think a TV station there is responsible for the original debut of "Bomb goes the dynamite"

Muskie
08-07-2009, 08:59 AM
I love it also, but the media in Muncie is not the most credible. I think a TV station there is responsible for the original debut of "Bomb goes the dynamite"

It was Ball State's campus television. They do a news broadcast.

Xman95
08-07-2009, 09:03 AM
Or they could take Jones AND Canty/Martin. It is not out of the question for XU to take 4 this year.

With one going to Robinson, Latham taking one and assuming McKenzie commits, wouldn't that only leave one for 2010?

AviatorX
08-07-2009, 09:03 AM
That's better than 99% of the recruiting coverage we would ever get from the Enquirer, to be honest.

As for BSU's chances with McKenzie...boom goes the dynamite.

xufan02
08-07-2009, 10:57 AM
Jeff Robinson is a 2009 signee. With the loss of Brown, CJ, and BJ this past season we had three scholarships open for 2009, we took one. Jason Love will graduate this year and we will have three to work with; also Taylor will have graduated and might not come back, so possibly 4 for 2010.

Xman95
08-07-2009, 11:01 AM
Jeff Robinson is a 2009 signee. With the loss of Brown, CJ, and BJ this past season we had three scholarships open for 2009, we took one. Jason Love will graduate this year and we will have three to work with; also Taylor will have graduated and might not come back, so possibly 4 for 2010.

I wasn't counting Taylor's.

Jumpy
08-07-2009, 11:57 AM

It was Ball State's campus television. They do a news broadcast.

From wikipedia:

Brian Collins (born c. 1985) is a reporter for KXXV television in Waco, Texas, best known for creating the catchphrase "Boom goes the dynamite" during a college sportscast that became an internet sensation.

Collins agreed to fill in for the regular sportscaster on Ball State University's campus newscast due to illness during his freshman year providing sports highlights. The teleprompter was operational, but an inexperienced operator accidentally fast-forwarded through the script, leaving Collins with only an occasional few words to use.[1] Eventually posted on YouTube, the newscast is now known as "the Collins incident" in communications classes.[1][2]

AviatorX
08-07-2009, 12:28 PM
From wikipedia:

Brian Collins (born c. 1985) is a reporter for KXXV television in Waco, Texas, best known for creating the catchphrase "Boom goes the dynamite" during a college sportscast that became an internet sensation.

Collins agreed to fill in for the regular sportscaster on Ball State University's campus newscast due to illness during his freshman year providing sports highlights. The teleprompter was operational, but an inexperienced operator accidentally fast-forwarded through the script, leaving Collins with only an occasional few words to use.[1] Eventually posted on YouTube, the newscast is now known as "the Collins incident" in communications classes.[1][2]

Wow this dude got a job in broadcasting after that debacle? He must be pretty good with a teleprompter to overcome that reputation.

JimmyTwoTimes37
08-07-2009, 02:24 PM

so possibly 3 since Latham has already committed right? If Taylor and X part ways?

AviatorX
08-07-2009, 02:27 PM
so possibly 3 since Latham has already committed right? If Taylor and X part ways?

It's a possibility that by losing out on Etherington (2011 wing), Mack may want to take two wings (Jones/Canty/Martin), and one of the big guys (Spoon/McKenzie) for 2010, bringing the class to a total of 4 players.

ThePowerOfX
08-07-2009, 06:54 PM
According to Mike Dyer on twitter Griffen was on Xavier's campus today for an unofficial visit

Nocalmuskie
08-08-2009, 01:22 PM
The Moeller product visited Victory Parkway Friday. Any word how it went?

A10fan
08-19-2009, 01:23 PM
McKenzie made a nice jump into Rivals Top150 released today. He came in at 114.

danaandvictory
08-26-2009, 03:14 PM
He's the missing piece to an absolutely fantastic recruiting class and JESUS WILL SOMEONE SPELL HIS NAME RIGHT. It's bad mojo.

ChicagoX
08-26-2009, 03:37 PM
His first name is spelled Griffin, not Griffen. Why do I have a feeling that if he commits, people will still misspell his name for his entire Xavier career? Kind of like how half of the posters on here spelled Brian Thornton's last name as Thorton and still do.

American X
08-26-2009, 08:28 PM
His first name is spelled Griffin, not Griffen.

Fixed, although I think we can land both.

Reminds me of Roman Soto.

danaandvictory
08-26-2009, 11:34 PM
Christ, it's back. Do you animals want this kid to go to Vanderbilt?

Muskie
08-27-2009, 07:52 AM
Sorry... I got the original spelling from Scout (because Rivals was down for maintenance). That's how they had it spelled at one point. Apparently American "fixed it" and then I saw the same thread asking it to be fixed and "fixed it" again. Oops. Sorry.

danaandvictory
08-27-2009, 05:17 PM
Per Rivals, McKenzie visited Northwestern last week, is at Wake this weekend, and is at Vanderbilt next weekend. Seems reasonable to assume a commitment will follow shortly thereafter.

xudash
08-27-2009, 08:26 PM
A little G2 from Bucknuts, which acknowledges they're out of it now:

Read that it's pretty much Xavier vs Wake Forest for McKenzie with Xavier being the slight favorite.

Xavier is putting together a pretty good recruiting class. They just recently got a commit from a 4 star(#83) SG Justin Martin. He decomitted from Louisville. They also have 2 3 star commits(ranked #121 and #130)

And in a post after the above:

Chris Mack is going to do well in recruiting for a while and if he proves to be a good game coach then he will be the next hot young coach at X with a bright future because he will be successful.

And I love this from the original post from the 18th:

Cincinnati Archbishop Moeller senior forward Griffin McKenzie will take an official visit to Northwestern Wednesday.

McKenzie said he expects to visit the campus until Friday.

McKenzie has narrowed his college choices to (no particular order) Xavier, Northwestern, Wake Forest and Vanderbilt. He plans to take an official visit to Wake Forest on Aug. 28 and Vanderbilt on Sept. 5.

McKenzie is a 6-9 power forward with excellent shooting range and above-average rebounding skills. He was offered a scholarship by Ohio State a few weeks ago but OSU sewed up its 2010 class with the addition of 6-6 forward J.D. Weatherspoon of Columbus Northland last week.

If you didn't figure it out from his list, McKenzie is an excellent student.

xuab
08-29-2009, 07:15 PM
Here's a tweet from Mack today:
CoachChrisMack (http://twitter.com/CoachChrisMack)Sometimes a visit to another place for a recruit cements the fact that he wants to go to another school... Cant wait for this week..

What do you think? I think it can be read 2 ways, but I am reading it as good for X. Like Griff went to his visit at Wake and realized X is for him. Could be wrong, but the "can't wait for this week" makes me hopeful.

SixFig
08-29-2009, 07:29 PM
CoachChrisMack (http://twitter.com/CoachChrisMack)Sometimes a visit to another place for a recruit cements the fact that he wants to go to another school... Cant wait for this week..

What do you think? I think it can be read 2 ways, but I am reading it as good for X. Like Griff went to his visit at Wake and realized X is for him. Could be wrong, but the "can't wait for this week" makes me hopeful.

I'm 100% sure Mack is a smart dude (he did graduate from X), but I hope someone is looking over his shoulder when he Tweets. One false step and it'll be trouble. The NCAA compliance committee doesn't look favorably on non-BCS schools overstepping their bounds. That's not a mistype...the NCAA will make an example of the first non-BCS school to Tweet about an officially unsigned recruit.

That being said, I hope Griff-Mac "Wakes" up to Xavier and cements perhaps the greatest recruiting class in Xavier history.

Nocalmuskie
08-29-2009, 08:34 PM
a guy on musketeermadness is saying mckenzie is planning a second visit to Northwestern, starting Wednesday ... not good news.

xu15
08-29-2009, 08:45 PM
a guy on musketeermadness is saying mckenzie is planning a second visit to Northwestern, starting Wednesday ... not good news.

Now why you gotta go and bring a guy down like that.

Hope it's just a rumor

Nocalmuskie
08-29-2009, 08:47 PM
http://www.musketeermadness.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5146

AviatorX
08-29-2009, 08:51 PM
I'd be shocked if he ends up at Northwestern. Wake wouldn't surprise me so much, but Northwestern definitely would.

xsteve1
08-29-2009, 08:52 PM
I'm 100% sure Mack is a smart dude (he did graduate from X), but I hope someone is looking over his shoulder when he Tweets. One false step and it'll be trouble. The NCAA compliance committee doesn't look favorably on non-BCS schools overstepping their bounds. That's not a mistype...the NCAA will make an example of the first non-BCS school to Tweet about an officially unsigned recruit.

That being said, I hope Griff-Mac "Wakes" up to Xavier and cements perhaps the greatest recruiting class in Xavier history.

The tweet is no longer on Mack's page.

AviatorX
08-29-2009, 08:55 PM
The tweet is no longer on Mack's page.

I guess it's better to be safe than sorry, but there's no way the NCAA could bust Mack for that tweet.

xudash
08-29-2009, 09:22 PM

I agree with you. Being as objective as I possibly can, and I have no reason to kid myself, here is my take, evaluating the tweet literally:

1. A visit to another place cements a preference for another school, not that place; it infers that a visit to another place did not cement it for that place; and
2. If CM is anxious to get into this coming week, he must be expecting good news - he doesn't strike me as being a masochist.

Otherwise, Northwestern doesn't sound right in this mix.

xudash
08-29-2009, 09:27 PM
Of course, if you read the MM thread, you may come away confused or not as confident or both.

Then again, why tweet about something like this if you don't believe it will have a positive outcome for your program.

flatspat
08-29-2009, 09:42 PM
According to Mike Dyer's Enquirer blog, McKenzie cancelled a visit to Northwestern for Aug.21. So,IMO if he visits there this week it's his 1st visit.

Nocalmuskie
08-29-2009, 09:51 PM
he actually ended up visiting NU, so this would be his second visit to NU.

xudash
08-29-2009, 10:21 PM
he actually ended up visiting NU, so this would be his second visit to NU.

muskieman corrected his comment on MM: he's visiting Vandy, not NU.

BBC 08
08-29-2009, 10:50 PM
I'll be sure to walk around Vandy in X gear while he's here in Nashville.

GuyFawkes38
08-29-2009, 11:10 PM
Mack might have deleted it, but you can still find his message on Tweleted.com (recovers deleted tweets). Isn't twitter awesome.

Tweleted
Recover accidentally deleted Twitter messages
Find the tweets you've lost
Recover embarrassing deleted tweets for fun and profit
Instant drama generator

@
All done!
Twitter's losing some messages from public view at the minute. It's not our fault!
The results here might be temporarily vanished, not deleted. Click "check »" to be sure.

CoachChrisMack: Sometimes a visit to another place for a recruit cements the fact that he wants to go to another school... Cant wait for this week..
Sat, 29 Aug 2009 22:28:18 +0000. check »

yeah, just saying you shouldn't trust the delete function.

XU99deuce
08-29-2009, 11:55 PM
He's not specifically referring to any recruit. No harm no foul.

X Factor
08-29-2009, 11:56 PM
GuyFawkes is a higly trained Twitterologist.

GuyFawkes38
08-30-2009, 12:11 AM
GuyFawkes is a higly trained Twitterologist.

i am a twitter master.

wkrq59
08-30-2009, 01:41 AM
I'll be sure to walk around Vandy in X gear while he's here in Nashville.

Let's see. 08, I'll be in Nashville from 9-1 through 9-8. How close is Vanderbilt to Hume Fogg High School??? I'll be there twice a day every day from 9-2 through 9-4. I have a rather outstanding Xavier cap my son gave me for Fathers Day. Wonder if they take recruits to PF Changs? I know it's right near Vandy's campus.
On a more serious note, once McKenzie gets a look at that damned gym of theirs, he'll be shocked. Cintas makes that place look like a dump. :D:D:D

boozehound
08-30-2009, 07:36 AM
McKenzie is an interesting recruit because he seems to be very interested in the academics of the institution that he wishes to attend as well as the basketball program.

I think that Xavier is well-positioned in both respects (unless he wants to major in something that we do not offer). X is a big time program with a great academic reputation. Northwestern is a fantastic school but the basketball program isn't much. Vandy's basketball program isn't spectacular. Wake's basketball program is pretty good, but you could very easily argue that it is overrated (based on NCAA tournament wins in recent years).

Hopefully he is OK with staying close to home and attending a school with great academics and a great basketball program. If he is, X makes sense.

Masterofreality
08-30-2009, 07:59 AM
Let's see. 08, I'll be in Nashville from 9-1 through 9-8. How close is Vanderbilt to Hume Fogg High School??? I'll be there twice a day every day from 9-2 through 9-4. I have a rather outstanding Xavier cap my son gave me for Fathers Day. Wonder if they take recruits to PF Changs? I know it's right near Vandy's campus.
On a more serious note, once McKenzie gets a look at that damned gym of theirs, he'll be shocked. Cintas makes that place look like a dump. :D:D:D

Well, lets see how my memory goes here.

Hume Fogg, unless it's been moved, is at the corner of Broadway and 8th. Vandy is further out past where the split occurs to form West End Avenue and, remembering the bus route I used to take to get to Father Ryan, it's only about a mile and a half from Hume Fogg to Vandy. Ryan used to be located right next to Centennial Park- right around the corner from VU.

I'll somewhat disagree with the Illustrious "Q" on one point, though. Vandy's Memorial Gym is not a dump. When you walk in and if you play there like I did a few games when I was at Ryan, it is damn impressive with the double balconies and over 15,000 seats. It is a screwy arrangement, however, with the raised floor and the benches at the end zones.

In any event, this decision for Mr. McKenzie may come down to much more than basketball. He obviously has a plan past college. What program does he want to major in and does Xavier offer it? Vandy has a great law school and medical school. If the kid is looking for something that Xavier offers, we're all good. If he wants to be a doctor, we're probably S-O-L.

BBC 08
08-30-2009, 09:05 AM

Hume Fogg, unless it's been moved, is at the corner of Broadway and 8th. Vandy is further out past where the split occurs to form West End Avenue and, remembering the bus route I used to take to get to Father Ryan, it's only about a mile and a half from Hume Fogg to Vandy. Ryan used to be located right next to Centennial Park- right around the corner from VU.

I'll somewhat disagree with the Illustrious "Q" on one point, though. Vandy's Memorial Gym is not a dump. When you walk in and if you play there like I did a few games when I was at Ryan, it is damn impressive with the double balconies and over 15,000 seats. It is a screwy arrangement, however, with the raised floor and the benches at the end zones.

In any event, this decision for Mr. McKenzie may come down to much more than basketball. He obviously has a plan past college. What program does he want to major in and does Xavier offer it? Vandy has a great law school and medical school. If the kid is looking for something that Xavier offers, we're all good. If he wants to be a doctor, we're probably S-O-L.

MOR, you're right, it's Broadway and 8th. Right around the corner from my new apartment and old job.

xudash
08-30-2009, 03:05 PM

MOR, I believe we're very strong in Pre-Med and Pre-Law. IF your point is that he could go to Vandy for Pre-Med and almost automatically be picked up by their Med School, then so be it if that is the case. Otherwise, coming out of X to pursue either profession is not a bad route to take.

wkrq59
08-30-2009, 03:13 PM
MOR, Oh Great One, how long has it been since you were at Father Ryan and playing as a high school kid in Vandy's gym? Was Cintas even a reality back then?
I know McKenzie will be choosing a university based on more than a gym, but if you're going to be playing for four years on a mesa where you're often at a disadvantage considering the placement of the benches, I don't know.
This I do know: Little things, although they shouldn't, often mean a lot in a kid's eyes. I think Xavier may know next week on Griffin. regardless, the kid is going to earn one helluva good education.:D:D

XU 87
08-30-2009, 03:29 PM
MOR, I believe we're very strong in Pre-Med and Pre-Law.

Is there really such a degree as pre-law? Does Xavier offer it?

Firehose
08-30-2009, 05:27 PM
Is there really such a degree as pre-law? Does Xavier offer it?

There is no such degree as pre-law, but there are several programs which gear themselves toward careers in law. For example, some of my friends from the Philosophy, Politics and the Public program are now in or are finishing law school.

Nocalmuskie
08-30-2009, 07:50 PM
tweet just in from Mckenzie ...

biggriff44 got back home a couple hours ago from Wake it was sweeeeet

xu15
08-30-2009, 08:29 PM
Ouch. That hurts a little i'm sure

SixFig
08-30-2009, 08:46 PM
You'd be hard pressed to find a more beautiful campus than Wake. But if McKenzie wants a program that doesn't continually fizzle in the NCAA's against Cleveland State, X marks the spot.

Nocalmuskie
08-30-2009, 08:54 PM
You'd be hard pressed to find a more beautiful campus than Wake. But if McKenzie wants a program that doesn't continually fizzle in the NCAA's against Cleveland State, X marks the spot.

and if Dino doesnt get to the sweet 16 soon, he could be gone ...

XU 87
08-30-2009, 09:15 PM
and if Dino doesnt get to the sweet 16 soon, he could be gone ...

I've heard that there are some "coaching issues" down at Wake and that the team was in disarray at the end of the season. Hence, a 20 point loss to CSU in the first round.

And from what I've heard, Nocal is correct in that Dino doesn't have great amount of job security. Now I'm not saying he's going to get fired at the end of the year if he doesn't make the sweet 16, but I've just heard that there are some real issues down there.

Xman95
08-31-2009, 08:11 AM
I've heard that there are some "coaching issues" down at Wake and that the team was in disarray at the end of the season. Hence, a 20 point loss to CSU in the first round.

I seem to remember hearing/reading something about Dino and Battle having some issues. Anyone know anything about that?

XU 87
08-31-2009, 08:22 AM
I seem to remember hearing/reading something about Dino and Battle having some issues. Anyone know anything about that?

I heard the same thing and that's one of the issues I was referencing above.

deepX
08-31-2009, 08:58 AM
I think that if his visit to Wake went well we could see an official visit being scheduled at Xavier.

-deepX

dc_x
08-31-2009, 01:18 PM
I think that if his visit to Wake went well we could see an official visit being scheduled at Xavier.

-deepX

You mean if his visit to Wake didn't go well?

XU 87
08-31-2009, 01:27 PM
In the past, Deepx has known a few of the goings-on over on Victory Parkway. There's a poster on Rivals who seems to know a few things who is pretty confident that Griffin will choose X.

what say you, Deepx?

X-man
08-31-2009, 04:53 PM
You mean if his visit to Wake didn't go well?

No, he means what he says. If WF didn't go well, I'm guessing that Griffin doesn't need an "official visit" to make X his choice. But if it went well, he needs another look...of the "official" variety. I'm hoping that the fact that he has neither committed to the Deacons nor scheduled an official visit to the Muskies bodes well for our chances. We are going to be LOADED across the front next year if he joins Latham, Canty, and Martin. Given that we are already LOADED in the backcourt, the Muskies will be a LOAD for any team they face.

Juice
08-31-2009, 07:54 PM
the Muskies will be a LOAD for any team they face.

At least they won't be a load for any team's face.

BlueX
08-31-2009, 08:32 PM
Griffin's latest twitter: making my college choice very soon

Xman95
08-31-2009, 08:51 PM
Just based on recent events (ie - twitters), I would guess he'll be playing at X in the 2010-11...in a Wake Forest uniform. He would be back again in 2012-13. The other seasons will be at their place. But, again, that's just a guess based on a couple of twitter entries. Not exactly a load of evidence. (Great, "load of evidence" opens the door for Clinton/Lewinsky/blue dress posts.)

JimmyTwoTimes37
08-31-2009, 10:27 PM
Just based on recent events (ie - twitters), I would guess he'll be playing at X in the 2010-11...in a Wake Forest uniform. He would be back again in 2012-13. The other seasons will be at their place. But, again, that's just a guess based on a couple of twitter entries. Not exactly a load of evidence. (Great, "load of evidence" opens the door for Clinton/Lewinsky/blue dress posts.)

Which twitters are you reading to indicate that?

Nocalmuskie
08-31-2009, 10:35 PM
the speculation by those in the know is that he'll be a Muskie, but nothing is final.

Backyard Champ
08-31-2009, 11:37 PM
Rumor has it he is making his decision Wednesday at Moeller.

X-man
09-01-2009, 08:44 AM

Xman95...while I respect your opinion on recruiting matters because you are often right on these things, I hope that in this case deepx has it right.

Cincy Muskie
09-01-2009, 09:21 AM
I am excited to hear his choice. All hearsay and rumors say it will be between Wake and X. He really couldn't go wrong either place. Obviously I hope he stays home.

Xman95
09-01-2009, 09:38 AM
Xman95...while I respect your opinion on recruiting matters because you are often right on these things, I hope that in this case deepx has it right.

Trust me, anything I say on recruiting matters is based on the same stuff everyone else is reading and is only a guess. Heck, I would have bet J.Jones would have been heading to X. And I hope my guess on this one is wrong too!

I'm just saying I expect him to pick WF based only on the twitters messages others have posted. The first claiming that his WF visit was "sweeeeet" and the second saying he would have his decision soon. Just gave me the sense that the WF trip was really good and sealed the deal.

But, again, it's just a guess...as is anything I post regarding recruiting. But thanks for saying I'm often right - even though I probably am not. (How often is it that someone posts to counter a statement that gives them credit?!?)

Juice
09-01-2009, 10:21 AM
According to the Enquirer he is anouncing on Wednesday. Has he visited X yet? If not, it obviously does not look good.

JimmyTwoTimes37
09-01-2009, 10:23 AM
According to the Enquirer he is anouncing on Wednesday. Has he visited X yet? If not, it obviously does not look good.

He's been at X unofficially many times I believe

powerofX
09-01-2009, 10:26 AM

He has been to X many times...all unofficial. They were unofficial because there were no expenses paid by X...since he just drove over.

I feel like a dirty old man for checking out a HS kid's twitter and won't do it again, but couldn't resist this time.

It appears that Griff is following 12 people...one is B Snow and one is C Mack. No Wake connection among those he's following. Is that worth anything...who knows...I'm goingto take a shower now.

Fear the Cough
09-01-2009, 10:41 AM
The cincinnati.com high school blog says he will make his decision wednesday morning

danaandvictory
09-01-2009, 11:00 AM
I like the way McKenzie is handling his recruitment -- he's given a date certain for his commitment, and the coaching staffs can start setting up their Plan B efforts if it doesn't go their way.

Certainly I'm hoping the kid ends up at X, always good (for me) to see top players from Moeller and the GCL stay home, but if he goes to Wake I wish him the absolute best.

xudash
09-01-2009, 11:06 AM
The one picture I've seen of him shows him standing in the Cintas Center.

Amen on that omen.

xufan02
09-01-2009, 11:10 AM
On a side note, top 60 prospect Damontre Harris is visiting Wake Forest this weekend. I'm not sure Wake expected Griffin to decide this quick. Harris is also a power forward and Wake only has one scholatship left. I think Griffin is going to be pulling that Xavier hat from under the table come 3pm tomorrow.

xavierj
09-01-2009, 11:16 AM
I like the way McKenzie is handling his recruitment -- he's given a date certain for his commitment, and the coaching staffs can start setting up their Plan B efforts if it doesn't go their way.

Certainly I'm hoping the kid ends up at X, always good (for me) to see top players from Moeller and the GCL stay home, but if he goes to Wake I wish him the absolute best.

OK let's see hear. Coach Mack is best friends with Dino, coach Mack twitters he is excited for this week and a kid had to check something out to realize it was not the best for him, coach takes twitter down, kid calls press conference, kid is a GCL kid, Xavier has two former GCL players on staff, kid follows Xavier guys on twitter, kid is picking Xavier. It is pretty easy to see that. In my opinion coach Mack was informed Sunday that Griff was coming to X and he got a little excited and posted on twitter. Coach was then told Griff wanted a presser so coach Mack took down twitter post so not to spoil the excitement of Griff's presser.

danaandvictory
09-01-2009, 12:06 PM
I think that's one reasonable interpretation of the events of this week. I guess we shall know tomorrow.

pimpinthebox
09-01-2009, 12:18 PM
Some great points have been made here. Of course, none of us can get in his head so all we can do is guess around the clues. And sure, a lot of signs are pointing to X, but at the end of the day, we are dealing with a kid here (an intelligent one at that) who is making a well-informed decision. If you listen to what he says, he hasn't even made up his mind yet (although I doubt that one). In an effort to completely over-analyze things, let's make a list of pros and cons:

Even/Irrelevant
- "Sweeeet" - Of course he's going to rave about his visit down there.
- Academics - All indications are that this is a dead heat.
- Mack's tweet - This could've been a misstep in either direction. Mack may be playing us though.
- Damontre Harris - I was thinking of his visit to Wake this weekend a couple of different ways. Either Wake pressured Griff for an answer and he wasn't crazy about that OR he wants to beat Damontre to the punch. If you think about it, the recruits compete for the school as much as the schools compete for a recurit.
- Arena/Campus - We all know how great the Cintas Center is and great they are making our campus look. I don't know much about theirs, but it can't be THAT much better. It is next to/in Norwood/Evanston though.

Xavier
- He didn't commit on Wake's campus (although he doesn't seem the type to make an impulse decision...still) and the press conference is being held at a local high school. It would be a bit awkward if he pulls out a Wake hat.
- X is in his backyard which means his folks can watch him play every game.
- He's been on campus numerous times in an unofficial capacity and has seen all he needs to see.
- You can say what you want about our coaching situation, but the Mack/Kelsey combo at X is huge and it's been all positives since they've been in the fold. All things point to the road being a bit rocky down there at Wake.
- Coach Mack saw him play more than anyone else this summer.
- X has thrived in the tourney of late whereas Wake has disappointed.
- Hoops is #1, #2, and #3 at X. Not the case at Wake.

Wake
- Playing in the ACC. That carries A LOT of weight.
- You can make an argument around heading out of town to a beautiful campus versus staying home.

Feel free to add onto the list. I'm leaning towards X, but you never know. We'll find out tomorrow at 3pm unless word gets out. (The presser has been moved from 9am to 3pm.)

Juice
09-01-2009, 12:23 PM
Some great points have been made here. Of course, none of us can get in his head so all we can do is guess around the clues. And sure, a lot of signs are pointing to X, but at the end of the day, we are dealing with a kid here (an intelligent one at that) who is making a well-informed decision. If you listen to what he says, he hasn't even made up his mind yet (although I doubt that one). In an effort to completely over-analyze things, let's make a list of pros and cons:

Even/Irrelevant
- "Sweeeet" - Of course he's going to rave about his visit down there.
- Academics - All indications are that this is a dead heat.
- Mack's tweet - This could've been a misstep in either direction. Mack may be playing us though.
- Damontre Harris - I was thinking of his visit to Wake this weekend a couple of different ways. Either Wake pressured Griff for an answer and he wasn't crazy about that OR he wants to beat Damontre to the punch. If you think about it, the recruits compete for the school as much as the schools compete for a recurit.
- Arena/Campus - We all know how great the Cintas Center is and great they are making our campus look. I don't know much about theirs, but it can't be THAT much better. It is next to/in Norwood/Evanston though.

Xavier
- He didn't commit on Wake's campus (although he doesn't seem the type to make an impulse decision...still) and the press conference is being held at a local high school. It would be a bit awkward if he pulls out a Wake hat.
- X is in his backyard which means his folks can watch him play every game.
- He's been on campus numerous times in an unofficial capacity and has seen all he needs to see.
- You can say what you want about our coaching situation, but the Mack/Kelsey combo at X is huge and it's been all positives since they've been in the fold. All things point to the road being a bit rocky down there at Wake.
- Coach Mack saw him play more than anyone else this summer.
- X has thrived in the tourney of late whereas Wake has disappointed.
- Hoops is #1, #2, and #3 at X. Not the case at Wake.

Wake
- Playing in the ACC. That carries A LOT of weight.
- You can make an argument around heading out of town to a beautiful campus versus staying home.

Feel free to add onto the list. I'm leaning towards X, but you never know. We'll find out tomorrow at 3pm unless word gets out. (The presser has been moved from 9am to 3pm.)

I disagree with you on these points. Many recruits from the GCL hold their press conferences at their school. I would not read into it that much.

Also, while Wake has more going on at the school with football, I would still say that basketball dominates that campus.

I am not trying to rain on the parade because I ultimately believe he will pick X but just not for those reasons.

Titanxman04
09-01-2009, 12:27 PM
I like this kid's approach on picking a school. He's being very reasonable about it from the sounds of it. I don't hate Wake. There's too many ties between them and us to dislike them. I have all the respect in the world for their school and basketball program, and thus, I cannot blame him for wanting to go there. I wish him luck one way or another.

danaandvictory
09-01-2009, 12:34 PM
Also, while Wake has more going on at the school with football, I would still say that basketball dominates that campus.

Also some kids may like the atmosphere of being on a campus with big time football, even if Wake isn't a dominant program.

Do we know authoritatively that he's between XU and Wake? Because Vanderbilt and NW a lot to the table in terms of academics...

pimpinthebox
09-01-2009, 12:35 PM
I am not trying to rain on the parade because I ultimately believe he will pick X but just not for those reasons.

Just throwing some ideas out there, Juice. There are countless reasons he could choose one school over the other. I merely listed a few that were either brought up in the thread or that came to mind.

XU 87
09-01-2009, 12:36 PM
Do we know authoritatively that he's between XU and Wake? Because Vanderbilt and NW a lot to the table in terms of academics...

He cancelled his visit to Vandy, so it would seem they're out of the picture.

Everything I've read says it's down to Xavier and Wake, with X considered the favorite.

Chico, you're a Moeller grad. any scoop for us?

Juice
09-01-2009, 12:42 PM
Just throwing some ideas out there, Juice. There are countless reasons he could choose one school over the other. I merely listed a few that were either brought up in the thread or that came to mind.

I have no overarching problems with the list because I agree with the majority of it, I just had a difference of opinions with a few small points. I was probably nitpicking a little bit.

sweet16
09-01-2009, 02:17 PM
The cincinnati.com high school blog says he will make his decision wednesday morning

I'm hearing he will announce his decision at a 3pm press conference at Moeller tomorrow.

pimpinthebox
09-01-2009, 02:23 PM
We'll find out tomorrow at 3pm unless word gets out. (The presser has been moved from 9am to 3pm.)

Thanks, but already noted.

xudash
09-01-2009, 02:28 PM
Wake is fairly balanced now culturally in terms of it being a fball v. bball school. I know the grandfather of their quarterback - Riley Skinner - as well as a few alumni from the school. Not that they comprise a statistically relevant sample, but that's how they see it. In fact, they're more relieved than anything that Wake has been able to become relevant in football, given its history. In that regard, Griffen would probably experience some balance: he wouldn't find himself at a school like Ohio State or Florida, where fball is king, but he also wouldn't be in what would be regarded as the school's lead sport either, regardless of the ACC hoops legacy.

There is one button we're not punching hard enough here: Pat Kelsey. Pat Kelsey is not the kind of guy that would disrespect Wake, but he can speak candidly about why he decided to leave Wake to come to Xavier. I love the entire staff Mack has put together, but I just sense that the combination of Mack and Kelsey will prove to be the best tandem on the bench in Xavier's history. That is saying something, given Gillen/Prosser and Matta/Miller.

Now I'll be real blunt, and a real homer. I bring up the Hoff Quad site on my computer every day, because the live webcam is operational now. But I also have really studied the layout and full capabilities of those buildings. Wake has a beautiful campus - no doubt about it. So do Vandy and Northwestern. But, when this complex finishes up, it is going to make a remarkable physical plant statement for Xavier, not to mention what it will accomplish in terms of boosting the academic experience.

The Xavier we knew prior to the Cintas Center and Gallagher Center was simply different than what it became when those facilities came on line. They helped to transform the school. The thread about pre and post CC recruiting just evidences that. The Xavier of 2010 and beyond will be extraordinary and as different from the 2000 version as, say the 1990 version was from it.

The point? The point is that we have a great kid looking at our school and he's narrowed his list to 4 great schools that can offer a well rounded experience. My point is that Xavier can stand with any of them now, let alone as time moves on as Xavier continues to grow in stature.

Sorry, but I'm pumped. I see Griffin McKenzie chosing Xavier with a great deal of confidence in his decision and for all the right reasons.

pimpinthebox
09-01-2009, 02:46 PM
Great post, dash. The Kelsey point is very relevant. The more I think about it (and hear rumors), I think it’s gonna be X. Feel free to pile on either side, everyone.

American X
09-01-2009, 02:48 PM
Good lord this thread has a lust for life. Is this Griffin kid good at basketball or something?

Do you think we can land Griffen too?

Cincy Muskie
09-01-2009, 03:12 PM
I think Griff is toying with us. Shannon Russell has up on her Enquirer blog the presser is now at 2 PM.

bobbiemcgee
09-01-2009, 03:13 PM
Jody Demling sez he "picks Xavier" @ 1:43 mark.

http://www.coveritlive.com/index2.php?option=com_altcaster&task=viewaltcast&altcast_code=48cdb084a7&ipod=y&replay=y

xeus
09-01-2009, 03:57 PM
We'll find out tomorrow at 3pm unless word gets out. (The presser has been moved from 9am to 3pm.)

I'm hearing he will announce his decision at a 3pm press conference at Moeller tomorrow.

Thanks, but already noted.

Yeah, but you called it a "presser" which is annoying.

pimpinthebox
09-01-2009, 08:49 PM
Yeah, but you called it a "presser" which is annoying.

I did it just for you, xeus. I know how hot it gets you when I talk like Lance McAlister.

xeus
09-01-2009, 08:59 PM
I did it just for you, xeus. I know hot it gets you when I talk like Lance McAlister.

I guess you also think I like it when you don't speak in complete sentences. (Although that's more like Seg than Lance.)

PM Thor
09-01-2009, 11:34 PM
I like this kid's approach on picking a school. He's being very reasonable about it from the sounds of it. I don't hate Wake. There's too many ties between them and us to dislike them. I have all the respect in the world for their school and basketball program, and thus, I cannot blame him for wanting to go there. I wish him luck one way or another.

I agree. I equate it to Matt Howard, who picked Butler over X. That kid took the school search seriously, and to be honest, he probably made the right choice for him personally.

This time around I believe the best pick is for the kid to come to X. Griff isn't playing the field, isn't Weatherspooning the situation. He said what he said, and that's how it stands. If X loses out, I respect his decision.

But I doubt he disappoints me.

I HATE dayton.

West is Best
09-02-2009, 12:02 AM
Jody Demling sez he "picks Xavier" @ 1:43 mark.

http://www.coveritlive.com/index2.php?option=com_altcaster&task=viewaltcast&altcast_code=48cdb084a7&ipod=y&replay=y

I like Demling's vote of confidence, but keep in mind he made that before the Wake visit.

I can't see Griffin committing to Wake without making an official visit to X unless he was completely blown away by what Wake has to offer. If Wake was a slight leader, I think he would make an official visit to X (he only took 2 of his 5, all his X trips were unofficial). That way he'd get some awesome food out of it and see what the school has to offer one last time.

Since he's forgoing an official to X and hasn't said anything to suggest that Wake is the clear leader, I have to think he's picking the Muskies tomorrow.

Jumpy
09-02-2009, 05:46 AM
I can't see Griffin committing to Wake without making an official visit to X unless he was completely blown away by what Wake has to offer. If Wake was a slight leader, I think he would make an official visit to X (he only took 2 of his 5, all his X trips were unofficial). That way he'd get some awesome food out of it and see what the school has to offer one last time.

Since he's forgoing an official to X and hasn't said anything to suggest that Wake is the clear leader, I have to think he's picking the Muskies tomorrow.

X2. If he were blown away by Wake, he more than likely would have verballed right there, on the spot. He walked away from the campus without giving a verbal, so I think we're still safe in expecting him to be a Muskie.

Titanxman04
09-02-2009, 06:38 AM
X2. If he were blown away by Wake, he more than likely would have verballed right there, on the spot. He walked away from the campus without giving a verbal, so I think we're still safe in expecting him to be a Muskie.

I think that goes back to his maturity. Taking a couple of nights to sleep over it. You may have a valid point, but everything I've seen about this kid is that he's giving everything some time to digest.

Go back to what Martin did. Commit to Louisville right away, as I read it somewhere, he said he just wanted to be part of a big name program. But then he slept on it for a while and didn't like his decision, came back around and chose the right school. That just so happened to be X.

Griff would do well at either school. I like that he's looking at institutions that have strong academics too. Really says a lot about him right there. And I don't mind having Moeller grads come to play for us. I remember another one not too long ago that did alright.

Titanxman04
09-02-2009, 06:43 AM
Also, this was just posted on Mack's Twitter:

CoachChrisMack: Good morning! Are you feeling lucky today?? I am. Headed to the Cintas Corporation this am to take part in a hiring seminar. Always learning

MFurey
09-02-2009, 08:41 AM
This is from high major scoop

Mckenzie is deciding on Northwestern, Xavier, Vanderbilt or Wake Forrest. Sources close to the family are saying "X". We'll See...
about 10 hours ago from web

Nocalmuskie
09-02-2009, 08:44 AM
This is from high major scoop

Mckenzie is deciding on Northwestern, Xavier, Vanderbilt or Wake Forrest. Sources close to the family are saying "X". We'll See...
about 10 hours ago from web

link please? thanks.

MFurey
09-02-2009, 08:45 AM
Its from twitter

Titanxman04
09-02-2009, 09:21 AM
I've been figuring he'd chose Wake to be honest. But Mack's post this morning on twitter along with what some folks are reporting, have me thinking that X is in his future... Well, it is one way or another, but you know what I mean.

xudash
09-02-2009, 09:42 AM
Everything I'm reading here and on MM suggests it's Xavier.

I believe we'll have some good news in a little over 3 hrs. from now.

xunorm
09-02-2009, 09:51 AM
Griffin is probably reading all the boards today, after all, Moeller students do have laptops in the classroom for every student with internet access.

bobbiemcgee
09-02-2009, 09:57 AM
Also, this was just posted on Mack's Twitter:

CoachChrisMack: Good morning! Are you feeling lucky today?? I am. Headed to the Cintas Corporation this am to take part in a hiring seminar. Always learning

I would feel better if he was twittering from the Moeller cafeteria.

kyxu
09-02-2009, 10:12 AM
I would feel better if he was twittering from the Moeller cafeteria.

He might not be allowed there.

bobbiemcgee
09-02-2009, 10:29 AM
He's in disguise as the Lunch Lady.

Titanxman04
09-02-2009, 10:32 AM

Mack will stop at nothing to get the desired recruit!

tmac03
09-02-2009, 10:45 AM

He's the one serving the sloppy joes.

surfxu
09-02-2009, 10:52 AM
OK...now this is getting a little creepy. Man the clock needs to speed up to 3:00 already. Hoping for the best. Would round out a great recruiting class.

MADXSTER
09-02-2009, 11:01 AM
Last I heard the announcement is going to be at 2pm today.

Xman95
09-02-2009, 11:01 AM
Everything I'm reading here and on MM suggests it's Xavier.

I'm guessing that has nothing to do with the fact that they're both Xavier message boards.

Xman95
09-02-2009, 11:04 AM
Last I heard the announcement is going to be at 2pm today.

What announcement???

(I kid, I kid.)

surfxu
09-02-2009, 11:07 AM
Works for me. It will give me something to do while on a conference call at that time. Wonder if Shannon will be there providing twitter updates. I tried to search for wake forest blogs but couldn't find anything that looked anything like this awesome site with super intelligent posters so I gave up. Wonder what their sentiment is at this time.

MADXSTER
09-02-2009, 11:08 AM
FWIW - Griff is listed on Rivals as a 3 star player ranked at 115. Because he burst on the scene this summer (was not able to show his stuff last year because of injury) he jumped up to 115. IMO he's probably a 4 star, top 100 kid, but all of the scouts were not able to see him play since many were at other venues during the summer.

If he does come to Xavier, he will be another Major get.

bobbiemcgee
09-02-2009, 11:14 AM
He's the one serving the sloppy joes.

Mac just spelled out XAVIER in his alphabet soup at Lunch....good sign!

surfxu
09-02-2009, 11:39 AM
Hopefully there is a G, an R, two I's, two F's and an N in there too.

Xman95
09-02-2009, 11:42 AM
Hopefully there is a G, an R, two I's, two F's and an N in there too.

Frignif's coming to Xavier??? Outstanding!

Titanxman04
09-02-2009, 11:44 AM

Talk about a recruit who's been overlooked!

surfxu
09-02-2009, 11:49 AM
Moogibur Frignif (COMMITTED XAVIER)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Position: C
High School: Senegal Central High
Home Town: Touba, Senegal
Height: 7'2
Weight: 265

Offers:
Xavier
North Carolina
Duke
Kansas
Kentucky

Interested Schools:
Dayton, Cincinnati

Just found this on Rivals...How did we all miss this?

BBC 08
09-02-2009, 11:50 AM

+1 sir (extra characters)

JimmyTwoTimes37
09-02-2009, 11:54 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offers:
Xavier
North Carolina
Duke
Kansas
Kentucky

Interested Schools:
Dayton, Cincinnati

haha nice. I found some basketball video on him. Notice the X at the beginning
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yul1KRoJWzk

I also found footage of another Xavier recruit for 2012. 8'11" Robert wadlow from Illinois. Basketball clips at the 3:40 mark
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf14ln589yg

High School: School for Giants
Home Town: Alton, Illinois
Height: 8'11"
Weight: 490

Offers:
Xavier
North Carolina
Duke
UCLA
Kentucky

Interested Schools:
Dayton, Cincinnati

danaandvictory
09-02-2009, 11:59 AM
Griffin is probably reading all the boards today, after all, Moeller students do have laptops in the classroom for every student with internet access.

Heh, I'm pretty sure they have all kinds of strict Internet browsing policies, I'm pretty sure Brother Habjan would have knifed me in the throat if I was hanging out on Deadspin during US History.

xnatic03
09-02-2009, 12:16 PM
Nice Brother Habjan reference....I always described him to people who had never seen him as "he kinda looks like the Frisch's Big Boy"......I'm still damn proud of the 85 I got on his term paper.....I think I got one of the 5 highest grades in the class. I'm pretty sure he would knife someone if they were screwing around in his class.....

danaandvictory
09-02-2009, 12:26 PM
He could be a nasty SOB at times but I'm pretty sure Habjan was smarter than any history professor I had in college. He was no match for Bro. Lohrey's epic combover and four packs a day smoking habit though.

XU05and07
09-02-2009, 12:30 PM
FWIW - Griff is listed on Rivals as a 3 star player ranked at 115. Because he burst on the scene this summer (was not able to show his stuff last year because of injury) he jumped up to 115. IMO he's probably a 4 star, top 100 kid, but all of the scouts were not able to see him play since many were at other venues during the summer.

If he does come to Xavier, he will be another Major get.

I have always found the stars and the rankings a little redundant...The stars are given based on the rating:

Top 25: 5 Stars
26-75 or 80: 4 Stars
up to 150: 3 Stars
Everything else: Dayton and UC recruits

SixFig
09-02-2009, 12:36 PM
The tension is building. We could see the highest number of visitors to XH since the "opening day massacre".

blobfan
09-02-2009, 12:40 PM

Offers:
Xavier
North Carolina
Duke
Kansas
Kentucky

Interested Schools:
Dayton, Cincinnati

I do love the offseason, sometimes!

MuskieCinci
09-02-2009, 12:54 PM
Is there going to be video on one of the local TV stations or on the web somewhere?

Titanxman04
09-02-2009, 12:54 PM
Yea, nervousness here. I've been checking twitter to see if Mack adds anything. Nothing yet.

surfxu
09-02-2009, 12:57 PM
I don't know but the Weather Channel just broke into local on the 8's to announce that Hurricane Griffin is gathering steam and is headed straight towards...Evanston I hope. Evanston Ohio that is...not Evanston Illinois. Had to clarify that. Sorry.

Titanxman04
09-02-2009, 12:58 PM
Can you watch Griff's little presser anywhere?

SixFig
09-02-2009, 12:59 PM
If we don't get him its cool. We gotta be the favorite for Desmond Hubert, class of 2011 top 100 center and relation to Brian Grant I believe

dc_x
09-02-2009, 01:01 PM
I would like to know how many members of the "press" are going to be at this thing. Who will be there besides Brian Snow and some reporter from the Moeller student paper? Does the Enquirer still have a Xavier beat writer?

danaandvictory
09-02-2009, 01:02 PM
I'm sure that Shannon will be there. She has a twitter account but doesn't update it often.

Titanxman04
09-02-2009, 01:03 PM
We're all waiting, Griff... Whats it gonna be?!?

deepX
09-02-2009, 01:04 PM
Here's wishing Griffin a great career as a Musketeer!

Titanxman04
09-02-2009, 01:04 PM
Here's wishing Griffin a great career as a Musketeer!

He commit?

SixFig
09-02-2009, 01:05 PM
Well,...we're waiting

http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/12/s_3bb6b8805063fecf8527f11c2643013e.jpg

OSUMuskie
09-02-2009, 01:11 PM
Pulled this off another site. Not much in the way of credibility but says he's an X committ...

http://northwestern.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=58&tid=131570031&mid=131570031&sid=901&style=2

ballyhoohoo
09-02-2009, 01:12 PM
Its eleven after pick already

THill42
09-02-2009, 01:18 PM
Come on Griff! Make the right decision.

Titanxman04
09-02-2009, 01:18 PM
Stop toying with us Griff...

JimmyTwoTimes37
09-02-2009, 01:19 PM
Come on Griff! Make the right decision.

It would be a crazy press conference if he picked Xavier...hesitated..then said of Louisiana

Come to Xavier of Ohio!

xudash
09-02-2009, 01:19 PM
This is amazing! I'm over 50 and I'm waiting here on the edge of my seat to hear the outcome.

MADXSTER
09-02-2009, 01:21 PM
Will someone please confirm one way or another because I REALLY need to go to the bathroom!!!!!

XU-XHI
09-02-2009, 01:22 PM
This is amazing! I'm over 50 and I'm waiting here on the edge of my seat to hear the outcome. Oh good, in a couple years when I'm doing the same thing, I won't feel so bad.

UCGRAD4X
09-02-2009, 01:22 PM
This is amazing! I'm over 50 and I'm waiting here on the edge of my seat to hear the outcome.

Be careful not to fall off an break a hip, old dude!

Titanxman04
09-02-2009, 01:24 PM
I quickly darted off for some PB+J.. and alas, nothing has happened, though I'm still fretting over it all. And I'm newvous I'll miss something if I go downstairs to grab some milk.

Frambo Jr.
09-02-2009, 01:24 PM
scout.com says he is ours!

xudash
09-02-2009, 01:25 PM
Be careful not to fall off an break a hip, old dude!

Ha! You apparently haven't heard my story about thinking that I need back surgery only to find out that it's my left hip. Otherwise, calling me an 'old dude' is completely acceptable.

And I'm getting a lot older waiting for confirmation on GM.

Titanxman04
09-02-2009, 01:25 PM
Xavier: Killing it

kmcrawfo
09-02-2009, 01:26 PM
Griffin McKenzie ended his recruitment at press conference at his school on Wednesday. The talented big man opted to stay close to home.

http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=2&c=894506&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2fscouthoops.scout.com%2f2 %2f894506.html

An X Fan
09-02-2009, 01:26 PM
Xavier: http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=2&c=894506&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2fscouthoops.scout.com%2f2 %2f894506.html

JimmyTwoTimes37
09-02-2009, 01:27 PM
xavier: http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=2&c=894506&ssf=1&requestedurl=http%3a%2f%2fscouthoops.scout.com%2f2 %2f894506.html

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

xudash
I feel young!

danaandvictory
Best recruiting class in school history?

surfxu
09-02-2009, 01:28 PM
Indeed it does...
Griffin to Xavier (http://xavier.scout.com/a.z?s=442&p=9&c=4&cfg=bb&yr=2010)

Titanxman04
This is great news! Who's going to Dana's with me? It's time for a celebration, bitches.

bobbiemcgee
wow....what a class!!!!! Best ever?

MuskieCinci

2nd best in my eyes. I still have to go with 2008.

OSUMuskie
09-02-2009, 01:29 PM

With four Rivals 150 recruits? I'd say so.

LyonsIsFlyin
Hell of a job by Coach Mack, damn fine first class, I'm off to get a celebratory beverage. Go X!

Titanxman04
Hell of a job by Coach Mack, damn fine first class, I'm off to get a celebratory beverage. Go X!

Meeting at Dana's, yes?

PM Thor
09-02-2009, 01:31 PM
Awesome. Now back to my regularly scheduled bashing of kitchen flooring.

I HATE dayton.

XU-XHI
09-02-2009, 01:31 PM
Next stop FF4. Great Job Coach Mack and team. The Xavier train keeps on rollin'.

PM Thor
09-02-2009, 01:32 PM
Meeting at Dana's, yes?

Better call first. I don't think Danas opens until 4.

I HATE dayton.

surfxu
09-02-2009, 01:34 PM
Way to go coach Mack and welcome to the Xavier family Grif!

94GRAD
Better call first. I don't think Danas opens until 4.

I HATE dayton.

I'm here waiting for everyone!

An X Fan
Consider this:

Chris Mack has never been a Division I head coach. None of his assistants have ever been on Xavier's sideline (as coaches, Kels obviously has deep ties). None of them were on staff in the spring. And they're already killing it in recruiting - where it matters - because you need talent to win. I'm sure they'll be good with personalities, X's and O's, etc. - but you need talent.

Bobinski said it best - Xavier is killing it.

Titanxman04
09-02-2009, 01:36 PM
I'm here waiting for everyone!

You'll open up for us?

94GRAD
09-02-2009, 01:37 PM
You'll open up for us?

Been open since 2

Titanxman04
09-02-2009, 01:38 PM
See you there, BJ.

Emp
09-02-2009, 01:44 PM
Consider this:

Chris Mack has never been a Division I head coach. None of his assistants have ever been on Xavier's sideline (as coaches, Kels obviously has deep ties). None of them were on staff in the spring. And they're already killing it in recruiting - where it matters - because you need talent to win. I'm sure they'll be good with personalities, X's and O's, etc. - but you need talent.

Bobinski said it best - Xavier is killing it.

Good call.

OK. I'm hereby doing my public penance on the recruiting skepticism I had when Mack was named. This recruit is moderately impressive standing alone. But the body of work with the four recruits is, given the circumstances, just incredible.

So are we out of grantinaids, or could we find another if Payne sees the company he could keep at Xavier and drinks the blue koolaid?

XU05and07
09-02-2009, 01:54 PM
There are a lot of people on the site today...it's the off season, right? Something happen today?