PDA

View Full Version : I hate MM

Lasser83
01-27-2008, 12:43 PM
Musketeermadness is still a mess.

I can't log into the site. I tried to post a complaint.

XavierHoops is simply a better site.

We should ignore Musketeermadness and not even visit the site.

BlueGuy
01-27-2008, 01:15 PM
I didn't know people still went.

Stonebreaker
01-27-2008, 01:52 PM
What's MM? :rolleyes:

BlueGuy
01-27-2008, 02:32 PM
Looks like we set another record today with 76 users online at the same time at 2:30. Way to go! New people are coming over from the dark side every day.

waggy
01-27-2008, 02:49 PM
Posters should know that this site has a chat feature, which is a great way to follow the games with other fans.

Others who have enjoyed using the live chat might want to chime in with their thoughts. I guess we had 6 to 10 today.

ATL Muskie
01-27-2008, 03:08 PM
Posters should know that this site has a chat feature, which is a great way to follow the games with other fans.

Others who have enjoyed using the live chat might want to chime in with their thoughts. I guess we had 6 to 10 today.

The chat is very cool.

I check in on MM every now and then, but almost all of my favorite posters are over here and the features are much nicer, not to mention a certain moderator over there. The mods asked me to change my avatar, no muss no fuss, handled well, I complied and that was that. None of the usual delete and run like you see on MM. I wish vee would join us here.

joebba
01-27-2008, 03:48 PM
I have decided to make the move to this site. I am already glad. MM has serious issues with handling a modest amount of traffic. I doubt I go back to MM.

waggy
01-27-2008, 03:50 PM
Welcome joebba. Thanks for bring us that avatar too.

joebba
01-27-2008, 04:48 PM
Thanks waggy. It sure hope more of the poster on MM come over here. It looks like there are several leading a "dual citizenship" between the two. We need andy Mac to post his articles over here. Looks like this site will be fun. I've been here a short time and the site seems very well organized.

GO MUSKIES!!

BlueGuy
01-27-2008, 04:48 PM

For those of you that enjoy getting involved in the game threads, you should check out the chat. One negative thing about reading the game threads throughout the games, is the constant refreshing (not a knock on any particular site, just a reality w/ game threads). Refreshing is one thing that is not needed w/ the chat feature.

I wonder how many people that chat can accommodate at a time? Either way, pretty damn cool.

X-band '01
01-27-2008, 05:08 PM
What's MM? :rolleyes:

Muskieman. He is a great American, and a person who I'm sure would post here in a heartbeat if he didn't fear repercussions from the Muskie Madness brass.

Maybe we should come up with an alias for him to use over here.

ATL Muskie
01-27-2008, 05:12 PM
Muskieman. He is a great American, and a person who I'm sure would post here in a heartbeat if he didn't fear repercussions from the Muskie Madness brass.

Maybe we should come up with an alias for him to use over here.

You could sneak into his office and make one up.

joebba
01-27-2008, 05:18 PM
Hey Blue Guy, based on your avatar it appears you worked with Dana Jacobson on her Vodka swig pose! Who knew? :D

BBC 08
01-27-2008, 10:01 PM
Want more reason to hate MM? Shadow is over there accosting a poster for posting on MM from a computer on UC's campus, even though the poster is asking legit questions.

BlueGuy
01-28-2008, 03:40 PM
You can tell something is going haywire over there today. This site is getting some serious traffic today compared with other weekdays.

XUOHTX
02-12-2008, 10:59 AM
It still looks like there are more people on MM and there threads have a lot more views that on XH. This site is definitely set up better, easier to navigate, better features, but I think there are still some posters on MM that we need over here.

chico
02-12-2008, 12:27 PM
It's interesting that, although there are a lot of people looking at the posts, there are not a lot of registered people posting - http://www.musketeermadness.com/board/index.php.

I think it's still the primary board for people to go and a lot of people (like me) are lurking on there from time to time and just haven't gotten around to registering again. This board, on the other hand, seems to be the opposite - there may be less people looking at posts overall but there are more people here actively posting.

I think MM still has a lot to offer, even with its problems. I still go there to see what's going on and to read Muskieman's and krq's thoughts, among others. I'm sure at some point I'll get back on over there if there's something I feel like chiming in on, but I enjoy this place much more.

GuyFawkes38
02-21-2008, 08:32 PM
yeah, I really like MM. It's nice to have two boards incase the moderators at one board become draconian (yes, they are becoming that way here, from what I've heard).

ATL Muskie
02-21-2008, 08:38 PM
yeah, I really like MM. It's nice to have two boards incase the moderators at one board become draconian (yes, they are becoming that way here, from what I've heard).

Welcome back Lasser.

Muskie
02-21-2008, 08:41 PM
Yup... i have a baisc rule, if you go postal and spam the board... you get banned... however... i suppose if you apologize... and promise not to do it again... i'll let it slide.

Some might call that Draconian... other might call it downright benevolent?

GuyFawkes38
02-21-2008, 08:46 PM
Yup... i have a baisc rule, if you go postal and spam the board... you get banned... however... i suppose if you apologize... and promise not to do it again... i'll let it slide.

Some might call that Draconian... other might call it downright benevolent?

good point

Muskie 24
02-21-2008, 08:51 PM
How do you get in the chat? just the game thread or something separate...?

Muskie
02-21-2008, 08:53 PM
click live chat at the top.

wkrq59
03-31-2008, 11:13 PM
I like to post on both boards, but I write on this one. It would still be nice if we all got along, especially since Muskieman is posting over there and others of his ilk also. Jussss a thought. And not a dirty thought on what is now April Fools day in Cincinnati but still to come here in CDT.