PDA

View Full Version : Jamail Jones (Verbal Other)

KC4X
05-15-2009, 08:29 AM
High School: Decatur (GA) Greenforest Christian Academy
Graduate Year: 2010
Height: 6'6"
Weight: 190
Position: SF
AAU Team: Hoop Planet

Rivals Rating: 4 stars
Rivals Ranking: #75 overall 2010, #14 SF 2010

Offers (per Rivals): Alabama, Auburn, Boston College, Cincinnati, Clemson, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Kentucky, Marquette, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Virginia, Xavier, Hawaii

Other Interest: None (all offers)

Articles:

Rivals: Jones Eyes Local Schools (http://xavier.rivals.com/content.asp?cid=946167)

Court Cred Player Interview: Jamail Jones (http://www.courtcred.com/top-hs-prospect-jamail-jones-interview/#more-1927)

GA Article: Fox contacts basketball recruit (http://media.www.redandblack.com/media/storage/paper871/news/2009/05/01/Sports/Fox-Contacts.Basketball.Recruit-3733638.shtml)

JimmyTwoTimes37
06-23-2009, 03:13 PM
Do we have a realistic shot at this kid? Looks like a ton of big time schools are all over him.

kyxu
06-23-2009, 03:56 PM
Do we have a realistic shot at this kid? Looks like a ton of big time schools are all over him.

I think Xavier has a shot, but it's going to be difficult. Expect a maximum effort from Mack and his staff to land this kid. He can play.

ballyhoohoo
06-23-2009, 04:14 PM
I think Xavier has a shot, but it's going to be difficult. Expect a maximum effort from Mack and his staff to land this kid. He can play.

This is where Mack and Kelsey's connections in the south east from their times at WF come in handy.

xufan02
06-28-2009, 07:02 PM
Jamail Jones was on campus again this weekend; this time with his parents. Two weekends in a row is a good sign for the Muskies. :) Especially when it was on his own dime.

JimmyTwoTimes37
06-28-2009, 07:28 PM
Jamail Jones was on campus again this weekend; this time with his parents. Two weekends in a row is a good sign for the Muskies. :) Especially when it was on his own dime.

Yes!! This is great news

Xman95
06-29-2009, 11:51 AM
From what I have read/seen, I think I would rather land this kid than JD. Yes, JD has upside with his athleticism, but this kid seems to already be a player (and I'm pretty sure he's a little athletic too!). If Mack can get Jones to commit, that would leave one scholarship for either a SG or C.

Keeping my fingers crossed on this one!

xu15
06-29-2009, 02:59 PM
This would be HUGE. I heard this kid is a stud. Cross your fingers

bobbiemcgee
06-29-2009, 03:04 PM
Parents came back for more Skyline.

Xman95
06-29-2009, 03:32 PM
Parents came back for more Skyline.

Then I'm assuming grades will be no problem for Jones. His parents are apparently very smart people!

Skyline=YUMMY! (Yes, damn it, I used "YUMMY" just now.)

ballyhoohoo
06-29-2009, 03:35 PM
Then I'm assuming grades will be no problem for Jones. His parents are apparently very smart people!

Skyline=YUMMY! (Yes, damn it, I used "YUMMY" just now.)

Yummy like DeJaun Blairs ACl's? I think he covered them with chili beans and cheese

Xman95
06-29-2009, 10:53 PM
Yummy like DeJaun Blairs ACl's? I think he covered them with chili beans and cheese

Nice...the Blair ACL thing is still funny! (By the way...the f'ing CONGO!)

xu15
06-30-2009, 02:28 PM
So we know he was on campus again...

Any news on this kid?

Lamont Sanford
07-01-2009, 07:27 AM
Sounds like it's between Marquette and X for Jamail. Bino and Kelsey need to put the fullcourt press on this kid.

X-man
07-01-2009, 07:51 AM
Sounds like it's between Marquette and X for Jamail. Bino and Kelsey need to put the fullcourt press on this kid.

I agree. Check the link to see what an ESPN recruiting guru has to say about Jones. Here's the link: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/basketball/mens/columns/story?columnist=biancardi_paul&id=4294027 .

dto
07-02-2009, 01:31 PM

Heard from sources that is down between Xavier, Marquette, and UC actually. Apparently this kid is a freak of an athlete. Scholarships are limited at Marquette for the '10 class, but apparently Buzz is going hard after this as one of, if not his main, target.

???
07-04-2009, 10:43 AM
Heard from sources that is down between Xavier, Marquette, and UC actually. Apparently this kid is a freak of an athlete. Scholarships are limited at Marquette for the '10 class, but apparently Buzz is going hard after this as one of, if not his main, target.

He is not down to XU, Marquette and UC. He has 10 schools still in the mix. His decision might come soon but whomever started this rumor is off base. After he left UC this past weekend, he has made some comments that indicate otherwise about who he is down to. He seemed to be a very good guy and would be a great pick up for any school. I'm not trying to piss on a parade but nobody should believe this rumor.

If this comes from someone at XU, they should not say these kinds of things. Message boards get read by recruits an families and to make a decision for someone is not exactly the most impressive thing for a recrut to see.

LyonsIsFlyin
07-04-2009, 12:05 PM
He is not down to XU, Marquette and UC. He has 10 schools still in the mix. His decision might come soon but whomever started this rumor is off base. After he left UC this past weekend, he has made some comments that indicate otherwise about who he is down to. He seemed to be a very good guy and would be a great pick up for any school. I'm not trying to piss on a parade but nobody should believe this rumor.

If this comes from someone at XU, they should not say these kinds of things. Message boards get read by recruits an families and to make a decision for someone is not exactly the most impressive thing for a recrut to see.

Well the sources are Brian Snow from Rivals, he didn't say it is a sure thing its down to those 3 schools but he said it sounds like it, from talking directly to the recruit. Besides, whenever someone says according to sources doesn't mean you automatically take it to the bank. Someone heard something from someone who heard it from someone..... you said, its a message board, people come here to talk about Xavier basketball. Not like the guy called this recuit a thug or anything, merely suggested the 3 schools he's narrowed his choice down. So sorry Jones family, please don't hold this against X........

goodenchiladas
07-04-2009, 12:08 PM

Good advice. If you care about Xavier basketball, you should always post under the assumption that the persons you are posting about are reading it AND that they care about what you say. Because they could. They arguably shouldn't care, but they could.

And why take that chance if you care about Xavier basketball?

dto
07-06-2009, 12:03 PM

I apologize if this offended someone at all, particularly if a recruit saw this and felt this way. I heard it from a source, but apparently my source was incorrect.

Please do not believe me to be ignorant of the fact that recruits, families, coaches, etc. read message boards. Also, there are many other factors, besides what one person says on a message board, that "make a decision for someone". It certainly was not my intention to do so, as I was simply posting information that was given to me. Not being argumentative here, just saying that I don't appreciate being talked down to for posting information that was found to be incorrect.

In fact, I am actually in the camp that hopes Jamail ends up here at X. From everything I have seen on him, he would fit in fantastically at X, with his combination of freakish athleticism and all-around skill. I have been most impressed with Jamail, and wish him the best, no matter what institution he chooses to attend. Certainly that school and program will be blessed with a serious talent. Thank you.

Cincy Muskie
07-06-2009, 03:36 PM
dto,

I wouldn't sweat it too much. That is why these messageboards exist. These young men change their minds often and us 'fanatics' like to read the hearsay and conjecture. I think Jamail is a terrific talent and we would love to have him obviously. I have also read other places that if certain ACC schools give him a firm offer they would be tough to beat out. With that I think from what we all have read and seen X is in a good position with Jamail. Let's hope we get a commit from him soon.

dto
07-06-2009, 03:54 PM
dto,

I wouldn't sweat it too much. That is why these messageboards exist. These young men change their minds often and us 'fanatics' like to read the hearsay and conjecture. I think Jamail is a terrific talent and we would love to have him obviously. I have also read other places that if certain ACC schools give him a firm offer they would be tough to beat out. With that I think from what we all have read and seen X is in a good position with Jamail. Let's hope we get a commit from him soon.

Thanks CM. Much appreciated.

???
07-06-2009, 06:22 PM
Thanks CM. Much appreciated.

Don't sweat it. I only wrote that b/c I was told from an XU fan that same thing last Wednesday. The problem was that I know differently. I would be very happy if he was down to those three schools right now.

I am a UC fan and I do not come on here to cause problems but I have talked to a few high school players and they all read the message boards.

Masterofreality
07-12-2009, 07:04 AM
Jones looked good in Cleveland this week according to ESPN:

Players who impressed (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/basketball/mens/news/story?id=4317297)

Xman95
07-12-2009, 12:15 PM
Jones looked good in Cleveland this week according to ESPN:

Players who impressed (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/basketball/mens/news/story?id=4317297)

Maybe Jordan Crawford was able to work on him while he was there. Then again, J-Craw might have been too busy dunking on LeBron.

BlueX
08-16-2009, 12:38 PM
Committed to Marquette

AviatorX
08-16-2009, 12:51 PM
Justin Martin, come on down...

kyxu
08-16-2009, 12:57 PM
Justin Martin, come on down...

I agree. I think this paves the way for Martin.

JimmyTwoTimes37
08-16-2009, 02:18 PM
Committed to Marquette

Where'd you see this?

Charlesbt4
08-16-2009, 02:51 PM
This would make little sense, as Marquette has commitments from three four-star small forwards from 2009-2010:

Jeronne Maymon
Erik Williams
Aaron Bowen

Charlesbt4
08-16-2009, 02:58 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/237241-marquette-gets-2010-commitment-from-jamail-jones

AviatorX
08-16-2009, 03:01 PM
Yep, Jones is definitely off the board. Assuming we can land Martin and hopefully McKenzie, there should be virtually no drop off, however.

Titanxman04
08-16-2009, 03:28 PM
This would make little sense, as Marquette has commitments from three four-star small forwards from 2009-2010:

Jeronne Maymon
Erik Williams
Aaron Bowen

Marquette loves going small and playing quickly. This is no surprise to me.

xu15
08-16-2009, 04:15 PM
Well this sucks.
When I opened up the thread on Jones I was hoping to see more of the opposite of this. Wishful thinking I guess

xufan02
08-16-2009, 05:20 PM
Martin is visiting this coming weekend; I would expect a verbal.

kyxu
08-16-2009, 05:38 PM
Well this sucks.
When I opened up the thread on Jones I was hoping to see more of the opposite of this. Wishful thinking I guess

Eh, can't win 'em all. But more good things to come for Xavier.

Juice
08-16-2009, 08:27 PM
Martin is visiting this coming weekend; I would expect a verbal.

Is this based on something you know/heard or is this your own feelings?

Also, correct me if I am wrong but with Jones committing to Marquette, wouldn't help X's situation in getting a verbal from Martin?

???
08-16-2009, 08:49 PM
Is this based on something you know/heard or is this your own feelings?

Also, correct me if I am wrong but with Jones committing to Marquette, wouldn't help X's situation in getting a verbal from Martin?

Martin should be XU's if they want him. I know that not many schools are in the mix for him right now. When he decided against UL, alot of schools offered and then looked into his situation. A ready, fire, aim approach but when they saw his academic situation, alot of schools have backed off. UL was concerned with this and they both decided to part ways.

If XU can get him qualified or at least a partial for the following year, it would be a very good pick up. I was hoping UC would go harder but they are not in a position right now to take too many gambles. They need 2 solid players in the 2010 class and no way can they afford to find out late that he cannot play. Not that he would have chosen UC, just hypothetical.

bobbiemcgee
08-16-2009, 09:43 PM
He still has a yr to turn on the academic's, so are you saying he's too marginal to get out of HS? Looks to me like he still has a lot of interest and offers.

Also wondered if you found anything contradictory in these 2 statements:

"When he decided against UL, alot of schools offered and then looked into his situation. "

"UL was concerned with this and they both decided to part ways."

Sounds like Cumagin was the recruiter.

AviatorX
08-16-2009, 09:59 PM
From what I understand, it isn't like Martin has no chance of qualifying right off the bat, but at the same time, he isn't exactly at the top of his class. I'm sure that if he wants to, he can put in the necessary hard work to get everything aligned.

bobbiemcgee
08-16-2009, 10:09 PM
From what I've heard about Coach Keefer @ LN, I would say it ain't gonna be an issue.

???
08-16-2009, 10:17 PM
He still has a yr to turn on the academic's, so are you saying he's too marginal to get out of HS? Looks to me like he still has a lot of interest and offers.

Also wondered if you found anything contradictory in these 2 statements:

"When he decided against UL, alot of schools offered and then looked into his situation. "

"UL was concerned with this and they both decided to part ways."

Sounds like Cumagin was the recruiter.

You do not have to take offense. This is what I have been told about his recruitment. When I mentioned that he decided to de-commit form UL I probably should have mentioned that it was two sided. I just meant when that did not go as planned, several schools offered to get in the mix. This happens alot.

It sounds eo me that Aviator X understands this situation. I am not saying he will not get out of high school, I just know he is not doing very well in school, as many of the Lawrence North kids do not. He might be fine but I was told that most schools on him have decided to look elsewhere. UC, UL, IU and Arizona were four that I was told about. WVU is still showing interest.

I am not trying to cause a problem, just passing on that I was told he should be XU's if they decide they really want him, but grades are a concern.

bobbiemcgee
08-16-2009, 11:39 PM
No offense meant. If our guys want him, they'll work things out.

ud2009
08-17-2009, 06:18 AM
I was told the same thing on Martin. I would be surprised if X did not get a verbal this weekend from Martin.

J. Jones really liked X. He clearly wanted to come to a smaller school. I read that he wants to go pre-med. Not you average college hoops player there. The reason Marquette got him over X is not because of the staff or the school or anything like that. It came down to one thing Big East vs. A-10. If X were in the Big East X would have gotten him. He wanted to play in a bigger conference. That sucks and I know how that feels. Just being involved with a guy like Jones is a huge step in the right direction and shows that Mack and his staff can recruit.

Getting Martin would equal getting Jones. If you get Jones you can thank Steele. He has built up a solid relationship with Martin. LN always finds a way to get their players grades up to qualify ;).

sash19
08-17-2009, 08:22 AM
ud2009:

Jones going to Marquette had nothing to do with the conference. Once we landed Canty, it was almost certain that Jones was going to Marquette. To bring he and Jay in together would not have made sense as they are very similar in terms of their game. Jones is more refined but Canty is more athletic. To pair those two together would have been a waste. With that being said, Canty and Martin will pair well together as Martin is a great outside shooter where as Canty does his work near the bucket.

This time, conference affiliation wasnt the deciding factor.....

xu15
08-17-2009, 08:47 AM
ud2009:

Jones going to Marquette had nothing to do with the conference. Once we landed Canty, it was almost certain that Jones was going to Marquette. To bring he and Jay in together would not have made sense as they are very similar in terms of their game. Jones is more refined but Canty is more athletic. To pair those two together would have been a waste. With that being said, Canty and Martin will pair well together as Martin is a great outside shooter where as Canty does his work near the bucket.

Not sure about this.
Ive heard from more than just people here that conference was big. But hey that could be outdated.

AviatorX
08-17-2009, 09:14 AM
ud2009:

Sorry, but this is mostly wrong. Both Jones and Martin are shooters, so either one would have complemented Canty's slashing game.

Muskie1995
08-17-2009, 09:46 AM
Per his Rivals profile, Jamail is listed with a "solid verbal" commitment to Marquette: http://xavier.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=2&pr_key=84661

sash19
08-17-2009, 09:53 AM
Aviator and XU15:

I got that straight from Brian Snow. Take it for what its worth. Guess you guys have better source.

I have also seen Jamail play in person and he is a better inside player than outside player. Hence why Martin is better suited to "fit" with Canty.

xu15
08-17-2009, 10:12 AM
Aviator and XU15:

I got that straight from Brian Snow. Take it for what its worth. Guess you guys have better source.

I have also seen Jamail play in person and he is a better inside player than outside player. Hence why Martin is better suited to "fit" with Canty.

Well i'll trust you then since I havent seen him, just read about him. I stand corrected.

XU99deuce
08-17-2009, 10:22 AM
Not sure what posts you were reading Sash, but I didn't see any explanation for why Jones chose Marquette on the rivals board, other than that the Canty commitment played a role. I didn't see anything about how their games were similar ( I've heard they aren't similar) or how conference affiliation didn't play a part.

I think the staff would have taken Jones if he wanted to come. I think the major attraction for Jones to X was the clear path of early playing time. However, I think the staff realized they couldn't afford to pass on Canty in hopes of landing Jones, because they also were in good shape with Martin. Once the competition at SF increased, it became a less attractive option for him. Let's hope we seal the deal on Martin and McKenzie.

sash19
08-17-2009, 10:29 AM
Deuce:

I am not saying that they wouldnt have taken him, I am saying that when Canty committed Jones was pretty much not going to come to Xavier. They are not the same player, however their games are more alike than Martin's. Therefore, Martin "fits" better with Canty or Jones than Jones with Canty. Also, Brian has never said anything that I have read that says he (Jones) was all about the conference affiliation. He paid his own way 2 times in 2 weeks to Xavier so therefore, he must have really liked us.

When I saw Jones play, he was an aggressive, talented player who seemed to stay within 10 feet most times. Martin is not that kind of player based upon what I have read and heard and Canty is not an outside player that often. Jones and Canty tend to play the same "style"-drive, rebound, layups, put backs, post play versus Martin who is a good outside shooter.

Maybe I need to make my comment clearer next time.....My bad. I am saying that Jones didnt come due to Canty and that while they are not the same player, they are more alike than Martin. That being said, Canty and Martin or Jones and Martin "fit" together better than Jones and Canty. They would have certainly taken Jones however when Canty committed that was not going to happen no matter what conference we were in.

AviatorX
08-17-2009, 10:41 AM
Aviator and XU15:

I'm not doubting that the Canty commitment edged Jones toward Marquette (likely along with several other factors, of which conference affiliation may be one), what I'm saying is that if you had to group them together as players, I'd be willing to bet that most would couple Martin and Jones together as more traditional wings who are smoother with the ball when shooting, etc. and then Canty as an athletic slasher who does "all the little things."

JimmyTwoTimes37
08-17-2009, 10:48 AM
I'm not doubting that the Canty commitment edged Jones toward Marquette (likely along with several other factors, of which conference affiliation may be one), what I'm saying is that if you had to group them together as players, I'd be willing to bet that most would couple Martin and Jones together as more traditional wings who are smoother with the ball when shooting, etc. and then Canty as an athletic slasher who does "all the little things."

I agree 100%. Not to say that Jones can't slash (The guy can do it all).

Canty is capable of hitting the 3, despite everyone saying he can't shoot. (Saw him drill some in an AAU game against Ohio Red in Orlando on TV - Canty was doing it all in the first half). He's just very inconsistent as of right now. That will change. The thing is on his AAU team he doesn't need to sit there and gun threes. He knows his role since he plays with some absolute studs on CP3 (Bullock, Wells etc) and he does them well (Great defender, offensive rebounder, slasher, to name a few).

I'm not too familiar with JMart. But from what i've read and what everyone's saying, he is a pure shooter.

ud2009
08-17-2009, 11:47 AM
ud2009:

I am right on this one. As a previous poster stated Marquette already has three committs for 2009 and 2010 who are all wings and similar to Jones. Getting Canty had absoluetly nothing to do with Jones not coming to X. Jones is head and shoulders a better player than Canty is. However getting Martin is equal to getting Jones and I think you will. Jones liked X but he has always wanted to play against the best competition and was a big fan of the Big East and the SEC. If this makes you mad it makes you mad but it is the truth.

sash19
08-17-2009, 11:48 AM
You have heard one thing, I have heard another. You have your thoughts, I have mine. We will just agree to disagree on this one....

AviatorX
08-17-2009, 12:16 PM
There's a difference between better player and player who fills a different niche.

Cincy Muskie
08-17-2009, 03:25 PM
ud2009,

"Head and shoulders better."??

Really? Did you follow both players around this summer and measure that? Or are you just going off Rivals rankings? Outside of top 50 players the line of seperation between 51-150 is very thin. I would have loved to have Jones but Canty will do very well. Reading between the lines on the XU Rivals premium board it appears Martin will be verbaling this weekend on his visit. Can't say for sure that is 100% lead pipe lock but J-Mart would be a great addition to the team. And again Jamail Jones will be a very nice player for Marquette.

ud2009
08-17-2009, 06:39 PM
Yes "head and shoulders better."

If Canty would have committed to UD or UC and Jones would have committed to X you would be saying the same thing. You are being biased because he committed to X already. No I have not followed them around but I have read and heard enough from people who have to know that Jones is the better player by far.

FYI: Martin is also "head and shoulders better" than Canty and he will probably commit to X this weekend.

Martin and Jones are go to prime time players. Canty is a solid role player.

Comparing Canty to Jones and Martin is like comparing Redford to J. Crawford. No comparison but similar position (assuming Crawford plays the two spot.)

Nice pickup in Martin by the way if it happens.

AviatorX
08-17-2009, 06:51 PM
Yes "head and shoulders better."

If Canty would have committed to UD or UC and Jones would have committed to X you would be saying the same thing. You are being biased because he committed to X already. No I have not followed them around but I have read and heard enough from people who have to know that Jones is the better player by far.

FYI: Martin is also "head and shoulders better" than Canty and he will probably commit to X this weekend.

Martin and Jones are go to prime time players. Canty is a solid role player.

Comparing Canty to Jones and Martin is like comparing Redford to J. Crawford. No comparison but similar position (assuming Crawford plays the two spot.)

Nice pickup in Martin by the way if it happens.

You're just wrong. Canty is a Justin Cage type, Martin/Jones are more similar to B.J. Raymond. Would you honestly say one of those guys was head and shoulders above the other? Typical UD delusion.

ud2009
08-17-2009, 07:06 PM
BJ RAYMOND??????

I hope that you are expecting more out of Martin than BJ RAYMOND. Big Shot BJ was a "nice" player. Please give Martin more credit than BJ Raymond. If you want to play with the big boys year in and year out you need Justin Martin's not BJ Raymond's and Justin Cage's.

Come on you are better than that.

AviatorX
08-17-2009, 07:13 PM
BJ RAYMOND??????

I hope that you are expecting more out of Martin than BJ RAYMOND. Big Shot BJ was a "nice" player. Please give Martin more credit than BJ Raymond. If you want to play with the big boys year in and year out you need Justin Martin's not BJ Raymond's and Justin Cage's.

Wow, you really are an idiot. If Martin comes to XU and can provide moments like the one pictured below, he certainly won't be seen as a failure in any realistic fan's eyes. And if Canty comes anywhere close to replicating Cage's career, I don't think anyone will be too upset.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0ga83qf2ud2oh/340x.jpg

xeus
08-17-2009, 07:16 PM
If you want to play with the big boys year in and year out you need Justin Martin's not BJ Raymond's and Justin Cage's.

Insight from Dayton (with one (1) NCAA win in 15 years) on how to "play with the big boys year in and year out" - priceless.

AviatorX
08-17-2009, 07:21 PM
Insight from Dayton (with one (1) NCAA win in 15 years) on how to "play with the big boys year in and year out" - priceless.

Unlike the Mastercard commercials, I'm afraid to say that the advice coming from a UD supporter isn't priceless, only worthless.

I sure hope Mack doesn't bring in any players similar to Raymond and Cage, we sure wouldn't want to have that happening.

MFurey
08-17-2009, 07:21 PM
BJ RAYMOND??????

You are comparing a kid that hasnt even played 1 college game let alone finished high school to a guy who was 1st team A10, a 1,000 point scorer @ X, and won 6 games in the NCAA tournament. Justin Cage and BJ Raymond are proven collegiate winners, these high school kids are not. Also, XU did play with the big boys with both of those players.

XU99deuce
08-17-2009, 07:37 PM
BJ RAYMOND??????

BJ Raymond was a top 100 player coming out of high school too per scout. Granted, I hope he doesn't take until the end of his soph year to contribute, but I'll take BJ Raymond any day of the week, and so would all but about 5 programs in the country.

MuskiePimp23
08-17-2009, 07:50 PM

Not to correct you Xeus, but dayton has actually 1 NCAA win in 19 years...This dayton poster is just an idiot...What does dayton know about playing with the big boys? I almost threw up my drink laughing hard at this one.

Muskied
08-17-2009, 08:39 PM
5 years ago, Xavier recruited a lanky, 6'7 190 lb Small Forward who was ranked 115 in his class. The player could finish and rebound, but needed work on strength and shooting. He had to develop so much that Xavier red shirted him. 5 years later, he was drafted in the second round. Now don't pick apart my summary of Derrick Brown, but fast forward to a 6’5, 175 lb Small Forward ranked 124 in his class. No, I'm not saying Jay Canty will get drafted....I'm saying no one on this board or even scouting freaking knows better. Canty’s an all effort player, and we at Xavier have know those types to turn into Derrick Brown, BJ Raymond, Stanley Burrell, Justin Cage, Jason Love, James Posey and so on and so on. If he's anywhere as successful as any of those players, then any UD poster won't know what that's like, and I'll take it in every recruiting class. Welcome Jay Canty. I hope I picked a good time to pop my cherry on XH.

bobbiemcgee
08-17-2009, 08:46 PM
I would take Martin in a heartbeat and call it a damn good recruiting class.

AviatorX
08-17-2009, 09:04 PM
I would take Martin in a heartbeat and call it a damn good recruiting class.

Throw McKenzie in as well just for good measure.

bobbiemcgee
08-17-2009, 09:12 PM
BJ Raymond was a top 100 player coming out of high school too per scout. Granted, I hope he doesn't take until the end of his soph year to contribute, but I'll take BJ Raymond any day of the week, and so would all but about 5 programs in the country.

Justin Cage was 2003 Mr. Basketball in Indiana, so we know he couldn't play (sic)

danaandvictory
08-18-2009, 06:16 AM
Justin Cage was 2003 Mr. Basketball in Indiana, so we know he couldn't play (sic)

Yeah, XU should be aiming way higher than these "nice" players. How we managed to lose out on Kurt Huelsman I'll never know.

Titanxman04
08-18-2009, 07:24 AM
Yeah, XU should be aiming way higher than these "nice" players. How we managed to lose out on Kurt Huelsman I'll never know.

Hell, I'm still upset about missing out on Jimmie Binnie.

xsteve1
08-18-2009, 08:29 AM
Can't tell if UD2009 is really a UD fan or a closet UC, Big East fan (almost seems like the same poster that is ???). I guess this guy did not see Cage's and BJ's teams make deep NCAA runs against the supposed big boys. If we get Martin and he has anywhere near the types of careers that Cage and Raymond have we will be very happy. BTW Cage was probably the best defensive player in XU history.

AviatorX
08-18-2009, 08:51 AM
Can't tell if UD2009 is really a UD fan or a closet UC, Big East fan (almost seems like the same poster that is ???). I guess this guy did not see Cage's and BJ's teams make deep NCAA runs against the supposed big boys. If we get Martin and he has anywhere near the types of careers that Cage and Raymond have we will be very happy. BTW Cage was probably the best defensive player in XU history.

He isn't ???, that guy hasn't done anything wrong, or unintelligent.

Xman95
08-18-2009, 09:20 AM
Hell, I'm still upset about missing out on Jimmie Binnie.

We all should be. Just think of all the minor accidents that could have been avoided in the Cintas parking lot if we would have been able to put Binnie out there to help control traffic.

http://www.safetyworks.co.in/car-cone.jpg

ud2009
08-18-2009, 12:09 PM
Ok you guys win I am wrong. BJ Raymond is a stud.

I hate UC so please do not say that. I am a closet realist though.

I am taking a vacation from your site ( but will be back). I feel like I am not being appreciated for my free sound advice. Some of your friends are paying 9.99 a month for this kind of stuff.

Oh well. Have fun talking about your final four team for 2009-2010 in the mean time. ;)

???
08-18-2009, 12:15 PM
He isn't ???, that guy hasn't done anything wrong, or unintelligent.

It's not me. If I am going to argue it is going to be pro UC not anti-XU or players and I would not bring my UC things here unless in defense to a post. I try to keep it related to XU and typically just recruiting.

I would save a scholarship for guys like Raymond and Cage every year if they were guaranteed. Both very tough players. Hell, if Raymond hit a big shot, early or late, it seemed like XU would win that game every time b/c of the motivation it brought to the team.

UD looks like they are really starting to put something together up there that could be consistent, so the UD fan is probably just very excited. However, he seems to know alot about recruits and has heard a few things that I have heard(I actually started coming here consistently to see if he had anything new, normally I just check this site to get informed on XU recruits or commitments).

I am just clearing up that I we are not the same person.

A10fan
08-18-2009, 12:15 PM
I am taking a vacation from your site ( but will be back). I feel like I am not being appreciated for my free sound advice. Some of your friends are paying 9.99 a month for this kind of stuff.

Oh well. Have fun talking about your final four team for 2009-2010 in the mean time. ;)

WWAAAAAAAAAA, you guys don't appreciate me! I'm taking my ball and going home!

Don't let the door hit you in the @ss!

Feel free to come back with the "I told you so" posts.

BTW, enjoy another NIT this year. The cryers have no offense and the D can only carry you so far. I also find it rather odd that both would show up within a few minutes of each other. Me thinks they doth protest too much.

Muskied
08-18-2009, 12:23 PM
"I hate UC so please do not say that. I am a closet realist though.

I am taking a vacation from your site ( but will be back). I feel like I am not being appreciated for my free sound advice. Some of your friends are paying 9.99 a month for this kind of stuff."

Dude....you called BJ Raymond, who has the most wins as a player in Xavier History, a "Nice" player. You're obviously used to referring to the Charles Little's of your world, and bettter off sticking to UD sites.

danaandvictory
08-18-2009, 12:23 PM

I'd pay $9.99 a month for you to never come back.

SixFig
08-18-2009, 12:42 PM

"Now go away or I will taunt you a second time"

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/128/374486598_f393495be3.jpg?v=0

xunorm
08-18-2009, 12:52 PM
"Now go away or I will taunt you a second time"

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/128/374486598_f393495be3.jpg?v=0

Are you saying his mother is a hamster and his father smells of elderberries?

"feché la vache!!!"

Xman95
08-18-2009, 01:33 PM
Are you saying his mother is a hamster and his father smells of elderberries?

"feché la vache!!!"

Go and boil your bottoms, you son of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Dayton King," you and all your silly, Flyer k-nig-hts.

xunorm
08-18-2009, 02:02 PM
Go and boil your bottoms, you son of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Dayton King," you and all your silly, Flyer k-nig-hts.

I'd fart in his general direction, but that might actually make the city of Dayton smell better.

Cincy Muskie
08-18-2009, 03:12 PM
Just to toast ud2009 a little more: I think BJ Raymond was the best player on his high school team.

Go away and stay away fool. I have opinions (plenty of them) about UD and their recruiting. I don't go to UD boards to share them. That would be asinine.