PDA

View Full Version : This forum

XU-PA
01-27-2008, 08:56 AM
Nice looking, but looks like WBB is an afterthought to the forum as opposed to an equal partner.
The "other"forum at least has WBB on even billing, same info available (schedule and such) for women as for men.
Operators of Xavierhoops.com you need to step it up, stop treating us as the ugly twin!

ATL Muskie
01-27-2008, 09:27 AM
Title IX does not apply to message boards.

I blame X-Band01

Stonebreaker
01-27-2008, 10:30 AM
If you want to add to that forum, then do something about it.

X-band '01
01-27-2008, 10:35 AM
Nice looking, but looks like WBB is an afterthought to the forum as opposed to an equal partner.
The "other"forum at least has WBB on even billing, same info available (schedule and such) for women as for men.
Operators of Xavierhoops.com you need to step it up, stop treating us as the ugly twin!

You've also got to realize that 99.9% of this board's core membership came over here to discuss mainly the men's team for Xavier. That's not a crime.

Besides, Musketeer Madness basically just takes the same game articles from GoXavier.com in regards to the women's team. It doesn't necessarily mean that they give the team "more coverage" than this forum does.

Svoboda
01-27-2008, 11:02 AM

It has nothing to do with being "the ugly twin" -- there is no use for additional forums if they won't be used.

Put quite simply, the men's hoop forums have nearly 4000 posts while the women's hoop forum has just 68 -- almost a 60 to 1 post ratio. As it grows and warrants additional forums, we'll certainly be happy to provide those.

cinskyline
01-27-2008, 11:53 AM
XU-PA,

These boards are what we make of them. Now, I've been posting my opinion of games and I'll continue to post a link an article when there is one, and I'll post opinions on how the individual players are playing. But, so far, there hasn't been very much traffic here. Part of the problem is that I'm sure that 75% of people who post on MM's women's site aren't aware this site exists. I can't really post a link on MM because it will almost definitely be deleted by the admin there. X-band '01 is right about the articles on MM-- they are pretty much just pastes of goxavier.com articles and provide little analysis. I personally have no use for them.

XU-PA
01-27-2008, 02:13 PM
You know guys I was trying to be helpful. Just letting you know that that was the thing that I noticed.
On the MM board they have the schedule for both, the roster for both etc.
Here you don't. it's an observation guys, and an attempt to give you an idea of what one user thinks.
You'll never know if additional forums will be used, if they're not there.

xu_fan
02-04-2008, 03:17 PM
It is nice to finally realize that there is another board... I knew something had to be up cause there was like NOONE on MM... Anyways really nice here I like it a lot... Thanks to whoever gave me the link... Now I can actually talk about some lady hoops with people lol...

Stonebreaker
02-04-2008, 04:04 PM
Nice first post!

cinskyline
02-04-2008, 06:11 PM
It is nice to finally realize that there is another board... I knew something had to be up cause there was like NOONE on MM... Anyways really nice here I like it a lot... Thanks to whoever gave me the link... Now I can actually talk about some lady hoops with people lol...

Welcome to the board, xu_fan!