PDA

View Full Version : Marquis Teague

DoubleD86
08-29-2008, 12:50 AM
What about Marquis Teague? He is a 5-star PG who has an offer from Xavier. Ranked #8 in the VERY early 2011 rankings.

A10fan
11-05-2008, 01:12 PM
We recruited his brother Jeff very heavily until he chose WF. Had a great Fr. year there. I would be very surprised if we were able to land him.

xufan02
11-05-2008, 06:52 PM
Xavier has Naadir Tharpe as their PG target for 2011. I do not think XU is going to bother recruiting Teague.

Xman95
05-04-2009, 11:38 AM
Just wondering if anyone has heard Teague's name in connection with X. Being the brother of Jeff Teague from Wake Forest, I figured maybe Kelsey had an in with this kid. He's a PG in the 2011 class and is near the top of lists I have seen. This would be one heck of a splash for Mack and Co. to make! Ok, just throwing it out there to see if there are any rumblings (other than the one in my stomach...it's time for lunch).

By the way, here's the kid's info (which leads me to think we might have other connections to him):

Point guard
Indianapolis (IN) Pike
AAU: Spiece Indy Heat

Ht: 6-foot-2
Wt: 170 lbs
Class: 2011 (High School)

LyonsIsFlyin
05-04-2009, 11:42 AM
Just wondering if anyone has heard Teague's name in connection with X. Being the brother of Jeff Teague (Wake Forest), I figured maybe Kelsey had an in with this kid. He's a PG in the 2011 class and is very high on lists I have seen. Ok, just throwing it out there to see if there are any rumblings (other than the one in my stomach...it's time for lunch).

No chance per rivals, supposedly UofL is the team to beat.

ballyhoohoo
05-04-2009, 11:42 AM
I thought I had seen he had no interest in Wake Forest. Now who is to say he likes Pat, but not Dino. I would assume his family trust anyone from the Wake staff.

They are from Indinapolis correct? Wouldn't that be Steele's "district"?

Muskie
05-04-2009, 12:20 PM
I thought I had seen he had no interest in Wake Forest. Now who is to say he likes Pat, but not Dino. I would assume his family trust anyone from the Wake staff.

They are from Indinapolis correct? Wouldn't that be Steele's "district"?

Yup he plays for Pike (Justin Cage's H.S.). Teague is a huge Louisville lean. Tom Crean is trying desperately to get the kid to IU.

xufan02
05-05-2009, 09:02 PM
We really have no shot at getting Teague. We basically had Nadir Tharpee on lock down for 2010 or 2011, depending on if he went to prep school or not. Look for him to be another player that ends up at Arizona. We will need a PG for the 2011 class however.

therick44
07-09-2009, 08:37 PM
Teague is the best PG in the country without a doubt in my mind. There was no use for X to waste their time on him.

Madfan
07-10-2009, 07:08 AM
Teague is one of-if not the best player out there right now. He is a one-and-done for sure. Xavier is looking for players to bring home a title. teague is looking to one up Jeff by only playing one year of college ball. Marques has a big ego and he has every right to it.

dto
07-10-2009, 08:53 AM
Teague is one of-if not the best player out there right now. He is a one-and-done for sure. Xavier is looking for players to bring home a title. teague is looking to one up Jeff by only playing one year of college ball. Marques has a big ego and he has every right to it.

Not disagreeing with you about not wanting Teague for Xavier, but to say that one-and-done players can't bring you a title is a little naive at this point. We'll see if these Kentucky kids can do something special this year. Of course Derrick Rose and Greg Oden didn't bring home a title, but they did take their respective teams to the title game. And let's not forget about Carmelo Anthony. As I said, not disagreeing about Teague, but just a point of clarification that a freshman can lead a team, and deep in the tournament if the cards align.

therick44
07-10-2009, 01:03 PM

Marquis is an extremely friendly kid! He plays with a very competitive streak, but he's about as good as a kid to talk to that you'll find.

I didn't mean he doesn't fit at X because he's a one and done, but more so because he will go to one of the top programs in the nation that were in on him early. That's fine... X has been doing just fine without getting the top player in the nation every year.

I don't know anything on this for sure, but just talking a little bit to Marquis and somewhat of a gut-feeling on my part... I think he will end up at UK. Despite UofL rumored to be on the inside track for a while now.

Xman95
07-10-2009, 04:08 PM
I don't know anything on this for sure, but just talking a little bit to Marquis and somewhat of a gut-feeling on my part... I think he will end up at UK.

Wow, the #1 recruit in the country and Calipari won't need to have someone take his SAT for him.

therick44
07-10-2009, 04:20 PM
Wow, the #1 recruit in the country and Calipari won't need to have someone take his SAT for him.

Haha very true.