PDA

View Full Version : The Sacrificial Lamb

XU Fan
01-26-2008, 08:36 PM
I was checking out the RPI impact of Dayton losing to Richmond. No real hit to Dayton, but Richmond jumped 24 spots to #140 (at least as of right now). My point is that Dayton has carved out a nice RPI profile. They have some good wins to go along with a pretty good non-con schedule. Now that they are ready to start losing every game, it will help out the lower portion of the A10. Dayton might become the sacrificial lamb of the A10. They can give up their RPI ranking for the betterment of the teams at the bottom of the ladder. The profile of the A10 could look a lot better if Dayton keeps losing. Cool.

AdamtheFlyer
01-26-2008, 08:45 PM
It would be even better if UD picks it up at the end of the year. Raise Richmond, GW, and perhaps SLU's RPI a bit, drop into the 30s or low 40s, and then get back to the high 20s with a strong finish.

That sounds better to me. :cool:

ATL Muskie
01-26-2008, 09:11 PM
The only RPI UD should worry about right now is R.I.P.

Snipe
01-26-2008, 09:45 PM
The only RPI UD should worry about right now is R.I.P.

They could be written off as early as Wednesday. They play SLU at home. If they lose that it is four in a row. The kicker is their weekend game is at URI. If they lose Wednesday they basically will be at five in a row and counting by Sunday. It will be a quick end to what was to be the best Flyer season to be in decades.

If I was a Flyer Fan I would still be in shock and denial. If SLU comes in and rips them apart they won't even be able to deny it. Game over. Season over.

Man is it ugly.

Stonebreaker
01-26-2008, 09:54 PM
It isn't good that BRob (I hate that shortened name) went off for 20 points and they still lost. What happens when better teams shut him down??

XU Fan
01-26-2008, 09:57 PM
Probably the most interesting thing in the A10 is going to be what does Dayton do over the course of the next 3 weeks. It is like watching a wreck on the road, except then you are hoping everyone is okay. With Dayton I don't want anyone to get hurt, but I want them to lose while their guys are injured. No depth means you're screwed. Normally it shows up in the tourney if there is foul trouble. Too bad for them it was a couple of freak injuries. It still will be the most compelling A10 story for the next 3+ weeks.

Fred Garvin
01-26-2008, 10:20 PM
I hope Marcus Johnson loses his hand to a crocodile.

Muskiefornia
01-27-2008, 03:58 PM
It makes me happy "BRob" was able to make a miraculous recovery from his 5 month flu. That article made him seem like he was on his deathbed.

joebba
01-27-2008, 05:05 PM
They could be written off as early as Wednesday. They play SLU at home. If they lose that it is four in a row. The kicker is their weekend game is at URI. If they lose Wednesday they basically will be at five in a row and counting by Sunday. It will be a quick end to what was to be the best Flyer season to be in decades.

If I was a Flyer Fan I would still be in shock and denial. If SLU comes in and rips them apart they won't even be able to deny it. Game over. Season over.

Man is it ugly.

When is a UD fan not in denial? :o:o:o

XU0001
01-29-2008, 10:58 PM
Even if they lose to SLU there will be some excuse as usual. Maybe this time it will be because Binne has flu like symptoms and has had them since he came to UD. They will be prepared ahead of time with some excuse even if they are favored to win, a UD loss without an excuse, has there ever been one?:eek:

Snipe
01-29-2008, 11:52 PM
It doesn't matter if they have an excuse, because they already have a pretty good one with the injuries. If they lose to SLU they are going to lose to URI and be at 5 in a row and counting in the month of Feburary. You simply can't do that. SLU is do or die for them.